Replica of Mugello v1.0
- Number Of Turns:
- Length (Unit):
Autodromo Internazionale del Mugello
Here comes the wonderful North-Italian track which is owned by Ferrari. It's home of one of the most spectacular MotoGP events every year. But also for cars the track is an amazing drive.
v1.0 Release Notes:
Track length and elements
Curbing and Scenery
- track length only 45 m longer than original
- all element lengths measured in a Google Earth image
- every radius and straight very close to original
- T7 and T13 have minimal possible distance to homestraight (originally closer distance impossible due to homestraight width)
- T4/5 section and T13 chicane adapted to exclude bumps as good as possible (still to find the best line is a challenge)
- T10/11 section traced different from original to eliminate jump
- all original curbs placed correctly
- stands close to original places (where possible)
- prominent track gate on homestraight placed correctly
- some extra trees, track marshals and tents to create an alive circuit
The elevation is very similar to original in most important sections. There are some very slight bumps and dips through T4/5 and T13 so it's important to get the correct line. The same applies to T10 with its hidden apex and following steep downhill to T11, it's definately a challenge but also thrilling and fun.
- not manageable to create the exact real elevation
- close to original elevation in many track parts
- downhill to T1
- slightly uphill to T2
- downhill to T6 and T7
- uphill through T8 and to T9
- downhill to T10
- downhill to and through T12
- slightly uphill to T14
- downhill through T14
- different from original, challenging but fun to drive part
- T10/11 section absolutely not orginal but unavoidable terrain dip, adapted to make it drivable (now similar to Corkscrew -> fun)
I'm very happy with the result!
This circuit has a nice flow, fast and slow turns and some exciting incline which provides the feeling of the orginal in most track parts.
Have fun trying this wonderful track!
Thanks to @OGGamer who captured this 6 lap arcade race video.
Original Track Map
Original Aerial View
Original view from Tribuna Arrabiata with visible elevation
Replica Track Map
Replica Scenery Map