Length
Theme
Eifel
Number Of Turns
Length (Unit)
km
Replica of Palmer Motorsports Park v1.0
Whiskey Hill Raceway

Here's my replica of the brand new track at Palmer, MA which was opened in May 2015. It's a club track offering track rentals, driving schools and memberships. Whiskey Hill Raceway can be described as an asphalt-paved rollercoaster. It's rather short with some tricky and some fast turns plus quite intense elevation changes.

v1.0 Release Notes:

Track length and elements
  • track length ca. 130 m longer
  • homestraight had to be adapted as the real one is a long drawn turn
    -> right turn before T 1 required, T 15 shortened a bit
  • route was drawn over Google Earth image so elements should be very close to original
Curbing and Scenery
  • when the track opened in 2015 curbs had not been placed yet, the curbs are supposed to be installed this winter season
    -> with no images or videos including curbs available at present I've placed them at reasonable positions
  • original scenery is an alpine wilderness with many rocks and trees
    -> the placed banks help to represent that character
Elevation
  • the general elevation could be recreated though some incline values may differ from original
  • steep rise at T 5/6 with the highest part of the track before T 7 is existent
  • dips at T 8 and T 10 very similar to original
  • dip at T 12/13 too steep but still great fun
This circuit is pretty technical but also very fast. There are some massive elevation changes providing the original feel and offering some tricky corners.

Try it out and enjoy racing here!

Original Track onboard lap

Original Track Map

Palmer_Map.png

Replica Track Map

Palmer_Replica_Map.png

Original Aerial View

Palmer_Aerial.jpg

Original Elevation Model

Palmer_Elevation.png
Reactions: GT6champNK_69
Author
Patrick8308
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.50 star(s) 2 ratings

More resources from Patrick8308

• Road America
    Road America
    Major Update - track length and route revised, track width now 10 m, elevation absolutely perfected
  • Portimao
    Portimao
    Major Update - track length and route revised, removal of chicane, elevation absolutely perfected
  • Swift Motorsports Park
    Swift Motorsports Park
    Fast flowing track with moderate elevation plus an appealing variety of turns.
  • Woodland Dropway
    Woodland Dropway
    Fast, technical, diversified track - sophisticated elevation changes - picturesque woodland scenery
  • Nardò - Handling Track
    Nardò - Handling Track
    Fast Porsche Test Track at South Italy with proper length, similar elevation and wonderful scenery.

Latest reviews

Being a Massachusetts person, I don't see a lot of tracks around. So, I was pretty excited when I learned that Whiskey Hill Raceway was being built.

Imagine my excitement when someone made a replica in GT6!

I have to say, this is faithful to the original track and really well done too.

My only bit of feedback would be maybe making curb strips longer?

Other than that, brilliant job.
Patrick8308
Patrick8308
Thanks for the review! I'm glad that you like the track, especially because you are a local. I'll think about the curbs and might adapt them if I find some time.
another great track don't know why anyone would bother with flat tracks
Patrick8308
Patrick8308
Thanks for the nice review!
Back