Number Of Turns
Length (Unit)
km
Replica of Portimao v1.0
Autodromo Internacional do Algarve

v2.0 Major Update

layout optimization

- track length now only ca. 20 m off original length
- route revised - completely new drawn track: every radius and straight length is now just about original
- the chicane after T1 felt a bit annoying and has been removed to create a better flow

elevation perfecting

- all undulations are now spot on
- the height levels and slopes throughout a lap are virtually correct
- every corner, every braking zone feels just right

Here's a onboard lap of the original track where you can comprehend the elevation.

v1.0 Release Notes:

Track length and elements

• F1 layout with chicane
    • track length 300 m longer than original
      reason:
      homestraight a bit longer to create famous downhill braking zone to T1, turn lengths slightly longer (limitation of TPE)
    • every radius and straight very close to original
Curbing and Scenery

• all original curbs placed accurately
    • stands close to original places where possible
      (especially T15 correct)
    • track gate just a bit off original position
    • some extra banks, track marshals and tents to create an alive circuit
Elevation

• not manageable to create the correct real elevation
      but:
    • close to original elevation in some track parts
      - downhill braking zone to T1
      (feels amazing, no lift off up to speeds of ~ 280 km/h)
      - uphill T3
      - downhill to braking zone T6
      (fantastic, little kink just before braking, really fun section)
      - uphill to and through T7 + T8
      - downhill to T13
    • different from original but fun to drive parts
      - downhill to T5
      - downhill to T10 + 11
      (very fast and challenging braking to T11)
I'm really satisfied with the result!

The elevation is a bit different from original but some track parts are very close to it. Especially braking zone to T1 got pretty nice, downhill braking to T6 is great too. The diverging track parts have a lot of character aswell, really fun to drive here.

It's an amazing track with varying incline, some fast full throttle turns and other technical slow turns.

Go out and enjoy your ride!

Original Track Map

Unbenannt.png

Original Braking Zone T1

Unbenannt.png

Aerial View of Original with elevation visible

Unbenannt.png

Replica Track Map

Screenshot_2016-08-22-08-35-55.png

Replica Scenery Map

Screenshot_2016-08-22-08-36-54.png
Author
Patrick8308
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.94 star(s) 18 ratings

More resources from Patrick8308

• Road America
    Road America
    Major Update - track length and route revised, track width now 10 m, elevation absolutely perfected
  • Swift Motorsports Park
    Swift Motorsports Park
    Fast flowing track with moderate elevation plus an appealing variety of turns.
  • Woodland Dropway
    Woodland Dropway
    Fast, technical, diversified track - sophisticated elevation changes - picturesque woodland scenery
  • Nardò - Handling Track
    Nardò - Handling Track
    Fast Porsche Test Track at South Italy with proper length, similar elevation and wonderful scenery.
  • Buddh International Circuit
    Buddh International Circuit
    Very fast and wide Indian track - almost correct track length, proper curbing and fitting elevation.

Latest updates

1. Major Update - track length and route revised, removal of chicane, elevation absolutely perfected

I decided to recreate the track to ensure a more realistic feel. - track length (4.680 m) now...

Latest reviews

Another great track from Patrick8308, many thanks.
Patrick8308
Patrick8308
I'm glad you enjoy my track replica - thanks for reviewing it!
really nice flow
Patrick8308
Patrick8308
Thanks for the 5 * rating!
You know my friend, you got me, 'WOW', what an exciting new update to this track of yours. I'm absolutely blown away with how good the elevation change, yes, spot on. Wonderful track Patrick, you can count on me, I'll keep this. I did a lap time of '1:46.806' using the "GT-R NISMO GT3 NISSAN GT Academy Team RJN '13 with special tune by RIDOX. WOW, WOW, I recommend all of you to download Patrick's track 'Portimao'. Cheers my friend, gt6champnk69, @KISMOZZT231 Replica Garage
Patrick8308
Patrick8308
Thanks for this overwhelming review! I'm really proud that you like the update that much.
Wide, smooth with neat curbs and helpful scenery. The real circuit is quite a rollercoaster and this captures the feeling well.

Would you revisit it using the newer tools to get the elevation more like the real track? It's a bit too extreme in this version. Particularly the banking effect at corner exits. Perhaps you would force it into Death Valley scene to get the hot and dusty surroundings?

More grandstands outside of the penultimate turn would help make it look different from the various hairpins. The entry looks sharp and the striped outside wall matches the earlier hairpins. But it opens out a lot at the exit, so a way to tell it apart more easily would be welcome.

BMW 320i Touring Car, all power parts and oil change but no turbo, RH tyres, loose tune. Single Race, Professional opponents, 10 laps. Narrow win against Alfa Romeo 155 super touring monster with a Renault 5 Turbo just a few seconds behind.
Patrick8308
Patrick8308
Thanks for the review!
Your words encouraged me to try updating the replica by using the no checks/ free homestraight apk to achieve an even more realistic elevation. We'll see how that turns out and if the result is good I'll update the resource.
nice track.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Enjoyable track for slow cars, an excercise in throttle control for fast cars. The Torre VIP hairpin is especially tricky, i also like the plunge into the Portimao corner! Primeira is quite a feat with fast road cars, jump included. Good job!
Patrick8308
Patrick8308
Thanks for your review! Those 3 mentioned turns are exactly my favourite parts as well. The elevation of Portimao corner is different from original but as you described it well the plunge can be a nice thrill.
As usual, Patrick 8308 has chosen a very interesting track to re-create here! It's somewhat unusual a track, even looking at the real-life track photos! The undulations in the real life track photo surprised me! It turned out to be exciting for racing! Though I myself found it difficult. It seems to demand expert timing to get some turns "just right". However, even when things got a bit messy, the width of the track prevented most mayhem, so that's a distinct plus on a difficult track! There's plenty of track to use... to gain time, or avoid crashing! LOL :D Bravo!
Patrick8308
Patrick8308
Thanks for that interesting review. Actually the undulations in the original track have been fascinating me all the time and for that reason I wanted to create a representative replica. The track might be quite difficult but I guess that makes it a challenge. And usually challenges aren't boring. ;-)
Execelent job.
Patrick8308
Patrick8308
Thanks a lot!
Excellent track! I'll use it directly in my HOTT series.
Patrick8308
Patrick8308
Thank you!
This track look just amazing. Extremely well done, especially the elevation, I find them very fun, but also challenging. I myself have made this track, but in Eifel flat, and is very satisfied with mine.
But this one cracks. The best created track on Track Path Editor so far. Thanks for sharing.
Patrick8308
Patrick8308
Thanks for this very positive review, it makes me happy that the track is being enjoyed so much.
Back