Replica of Portimao v1.0
- Number Of Turns:
- Length (Unit):
Autodromo Internacional do Algarve
v2.0 Major Update
- track length now only ca. 20 m off original length
- route revised - completely new drawn track: every radius and straight length is now just about original
- the chicane after T1 felt a bit annoying and has been removed to create a better flow
- all undulations are now spot on
- the height levels and slopes throughout a lap are virtually correct
- every corner, every braking zone feels just right
Here's a onboard lap of the original track where you can comprehend the elevation.
v1.0 Release Notes:
Track length and elements
Curbing and Scenery
- F1 layout with chicane
- track length 300 m longer than original
homestraight a bit longer to create famous downhill braking zone to T1, turn lengths slightly longer (limitation of TPE)
- every radius and straight very close to original
- all original curbs placed accurately
- stands close to original places where possible
(especially T15 correct)
- track gate just a bit off original position
- some extra banks, track marshals and tents to create an alive circuit
I'm really satisfied with the result!
- not manageable to create the correct real elevation
- close to original elevation in some track parts
- downhill braking zone to T1
(feels amazing, no lift off up to speeds of ~ 280 km/h)
- uphill T3
- downhill to braking zone T6
(fantastic, little kink just before braking, really fun section)
- uphill to and through T7 + T8
- downhill to T13
- different from original but fun to drive parts
- downhill to T5
- downhill to T10 + 11
(very fast and challenging braking to T11)
The elevation is a bit different from original but some track parts are very close to it. Especially braking zone to T1 got pretty nice, downhill braking to T6 is great too. The diverging track parts have a lot of character aswell, really fun to drive here.
It's an amazing track with varying incline, some fast full throttle turns and other technical slow turns.
Go out and enjoy your ride!
Original Track Map
Original Braking Zone T1
Aerial View of Original with elevation visible
Replica Track Map
Replica Scenery Map
Major Update - track length and route revised, removal of chicane, elevation absolutely perfected
You know my friend, you got me, 'WOW', what an exciting new update to this track of yours. I'm absolutely blown away with how good the elevation change, yes, spot on. Wonderful track Patrick, you can count on me, I'll keep this. I did a lap time of '1:46.806' using the "GT-R NISMO GT3 NISSAN GT Academy Team RJN '13 with special tune by RIDOX. WOW, WOW, I recommend all of you to download Patrick's track 'Portimao'. Cheers my friend, gt6champnk69, @KISMOZZT231 Replica Garage
Wide, smooth with neat curbs and helpful scenery. The real circuit is quite a rollercoaster and this captures the feeling well.
Would you revisit it using the newer tools to get the elevation more like the real track? It's a bit too extreme in this version. Particularly the banking effect at corner exits. Perhaps you would force it into Death Valley scene to get the hot and dusty surroundings?
More grandstands outside of the penultimate turn would help make it look different from the various hairpins. The entry looks sharp and the striped outside wall matches the earlier hairpins. But it opens out a lot at the exit, so a way to tell it apart more easily would be welcome.
BMW 320i Touring Car, all power parts and oil change but no turbo, RH tyres, loose tune. Single Race, Professional opponents, 10 laps. Narrow win against Alfa Romeo 155 super touring monster with a Renault 5 Turbo just a few seconds behind.
As usual, Patrick 8308 has chosen a very interesting track to re-create here! It's somewhat unusual a track, even looking at the real-life track photos! The undulations in the real life track photo surprised me! It turned out to be exciting for racing! Though I myself found it difficult. It seems to demand expert timing to get some turns "just right". However, even when things got a bit messy, the width of the track prevented most mayhem, so that's a distinct plus on a difficult track! There's plenty of track to use... to gain time, or avoid crashing! LOL :D Bravo!
This track look just amazing. Extremely well done, especially the elevation, I find them very fun, but also challenging. I myself have made this track, but in Eifel flat, and is very satisfied with mine.
But this one cracks. The best created track on Track Path Editor so far. Thanks for sharing.