Replica of Sachsenring v1.0
- Number Of Turns:
- Length (Unit):
I proudly present a recreation of the tight rollercoaster track Sachsenring which is situated in Saxony, Germany.
It's well-known for being one of the annual Moto GP events with the highest spectator attendances.
The track is rather short with a tight and slow Omega at the beginning of the lap. After a series of 6 consecutive left-handers the lap ends with a longer and very fast down-up-triangle section.
It's well suited for GT300/SuperGT or Touring Cars but it's also a fun drive for slower cars.
The original elevation is very significant as downhill and uphill sections alternate. I was able to recreate that elevation correctly by ca. 70-80 %. The original feel can definately be represented well.
v1.0 Release Notes:
Track length and elements
Curbing and Scenery
- track length ca. 165 m longer than original
-> some original track parts are too close together so I had to choose a slightly wider and longer line there
- still every radius and straight very close to original
- Omega (T2-T5) a bit wider because of Course Maker limitations
- section before and after T11 adapted due to Course Maker limitations
- all original curbs placed correctly
- stands close to original places (where possible)
- original track gate placed after turn 9 instead before due to unavoidable greyed out areas
- remarkable original wood before and after T13 recreated
Have fun racing here!
- not manageable to create the exact real elevation
- close to original elevation in most track parts
- crest at the apex of T1
- slight downhill through T2 and T3
- slight uphill from T4 to T7
- downhill through T8
- slight uphill after T9
- steep downhill from T12 to T13
- slight uphill through T13, to and through T14
- different from original but still nice parts
- downhill through T10 and to T11
- downhill through T11 with a hidden apex.
Here's a real onboard lap video in a Clio RS where you can comprehend the elevation.
And here's an excellent video recorded by @OGGamer who tried the track in a SRT Viper GTS '02 with changing weather conditions.
Original Track Map
Original vs. Replica Comparison
Original Elevation Map
Original Aerial View
Replica Scenery Map
Almost correct track length,elevation 75 % correct,accurate curbing,scenery partly orginal
Lots of treacherous corners, especially the corner 13 'Sachsenkurve'! Nice elevation change there, you get lot's of speed going downhill before, and have keep the momentum for the uphill section afterwards, but not too much... :)
The corners 5,6,7 and 10,11 are nicely set up, you have to find a line connecting them to be fast.
Overall a great track, not too hard to learn, but enough finesses to keep it challenging in different cars.
Great to see another MotoGP track getting some attention and this recreation translates into some great track time in GT6.
Accepting the fact that there are just some things you cannot do with the editor, this retains the feel and experience of the Sachsenring very well and is an excellent rendition of a great track and definitely gets another recommended download rating from me.