Resource icon

The Area 27 Circuit, By Jacques Villeneuve 14/06/2016

Length
Theme
Eifel
Number Of Turns
Length (Unit)
km
This is my version of 'The Area 27 Circuit'. By Jacques Villeneuve.
The Area 27 Circuit.

A Circuit Unlike Any Other
Inspired by a Legend, Designed by a Champion, Constructed by a Pro, Coaching by a Master.

This created version come very surprisingly close to the real one, despite some elevation changes not manageable. Used a detailed foto of it from the website www.area27.ca to draw from.
The real full length of the track is 4.83 km.
My version is 5.084 km.
It uses good use of scenery surroundings, and all track sites are placed were possible.
The only bridge is placed to the exact spot were the real start and finish is,
I had to move the start and finish straight because of the limits.:)

pensunset.jpg

Eau rouge, 130R, Ste. Devote and Parabolica corners that create heroes, crush egos and always demand respect. These are the corners that define careers on circuits where legends are born.
These are the tracks known as 'Driver's Circuits'.

A27-track-20160404-web.jpg

Built following modern racetrack guidelines, features like large run-off zones, gravel traps and tire walls combine to promote a safe track day environment. Enthusiasts can comfortably explore the limits of even the most exotic performance machine.

Photo 2016-05-07, 12 25 11 PM.jpg

Jacques Villeneuve designed the circuit at Area 27 to capture the essence of the Classic Grand Prix track and to instantly be recognized as a 'Driver's Track'. Classic elements combine to captivate, challenge and reward drivers of all skill levels.

Photo 2016-05-10, 12 46 48 PM.jpg

Corners: 16
Full Length: 3.0 miles / 4.83 km
Track Width: 40 feet / 12.2 meters
Longest Straight: 0.5 miles / 800 meters
Elevation change per lap: 357 feet / 109 meters
Carousel Banking (turn 7): 11 degrees / 20 percent

"The goal is to design a track I would be proud of getting pole position on, where the fans would also enjoy watching an existing race. Area 27 is for the passionate motorsports enthusiast like yourself, a place where you can safely find your limits, experience the Grand Prix lifestyle, and live your dream". --Jacques Villeneuve

Boasting Canada's warmest and driest climate, the South Okanagan is quickly becoming Canada's premier resort destination. Situated in the heart of the South Okanagan, Area 27's hillside location provides for a stunning panoramic Vista of lakes, vineyards and the valley below.

"If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari". --Gilles Villeneuve

Get your favorite car/racing car ready, and just drive to the limit.
I hope this track will be an enjoyable and exciting experience:cheers::gtplanet:

HsX08qC1BMtqwQkwA_0.png

"If you no longer go for a gap...that exist, you no longer a racing driver". --Ayrton Senna
Reactions: BenMillard
Author
GT6champNK_69
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 4 ratings

More resources from GT6champNK_69

Latest reviews

Simply amazing. One of the best track on gt6
GT6champNK_69
GT6champNK_69
Thanks Silvio. I'm glad you like it, much so it still can be downloaded since my PS3 crashed. What car(s) have you used?. Thanks for 5 stars, much appreciated
A really fun layout...Jaques finally did something popular in motor racing. ;-)

Nice treatment of corners with red and white barriers, a few stands and marshal boxes. These landmarks really help to understand position on the track.

The camber is a bit strong in the chicanes - the crown in the road throws the car quite a bit. Maybe knock it back by one level? Or is the track really like that?

Did you have to go a little outside the normal boundary to make this? The terrain is very low res on one side. Cool coincidence to have steep brown dirt where the pit buildings are built up from the ground.

Did you have to rebuild a few times to get all the details you wanted, with the closest topography you could find in Eifel?

A really fun track with lower powered vehicles.
GT6champNK_69
GT6champNK_69
Thank you BenMillard;-). I think he did to, it's a excellent work he has done.
He is also very overlooked, I remember him well from his Formula One days, I liked his personality and appearance. I couldn't place any more track sites than it has, but it gives me pleasure that it helps. I actually didn't use any camber at all, so that part is out of my hands;-), I like it;-). Yes the real track is like that to a given degree, maybe my version differing a little bit, but it works and that's why I kept it. The picture I used gave me great view to place all curbs in the correct places. I have found a good spot inside the boundary in Eifel theme, so no, I did not go outside in the dark grey area. The brown dirt came as a coincidence, it's a cool part IMO;-). Actually, it was my first attempt, so it was spot on, and yes, I was very surprised it did well. I think it is one of those good example of a track, that you need to learn, and after that, you can adapt to use any type of car;-).
I'm very proud of this track, and that you like it that much, make me happy. Thanks again BenMillard.;-)
Wow... i like this Excellent Course,very good work,well done :)
GT6champNK_69
GT6champNK_69
Thank you so much, what a great uplifting review. It feels great that you like it.
Thanks again my friend;-)
very nice rendering of the course
I just wish that one day we gone be able to get the elevation right. thanks for the effort.
GT6champNK_69
GT6champNK_69
Thanks for your kind words, very uplifting and positive it's much appreciated.
I wish that too, we will probably not gonna see that until GT 7 launched.
Thank you for giving this track five stars mate.
Back