Dumb Sharkport!!!!!

• Thread starter Jpec07
  • 3 comments
Forgotten Wing
Ok, here's the story (you might say "DUMB JPEC!!!!!").
Today I got my sister to let me log on as her and install the gameshark (I couldn't do it under my screenname due to user status issues). So after it's all installed, I open it and try to backup my GT3 gamesave onto the disk. For some reason or another it wouldn't load up. So, me thinking the playstation probably needed to be fixed, his the format button (I was rather tired, what happened next woke me up). It says "formatting" for a couple seconds, and when it's done, my whole memory card is wiped clean. That's 85+% done, a few special cars, and alot of hard work down the drain. Luckily I have the gamesave I backed up sometime last year (over a year ago now, but it's better than starting from scratch). I'm gonna load a few hybride in there, and use MKs to get me back my status (hopefully it'll work). The old gamesave appears to be at around 60% complete; working my way through the beginner and intermediate cups should bring me back to where I was. What gets me is that now I can't load the old file back onto my PS2. This is frustrating. Does anyone have a way to fix it?

Nope, but I think I still have my 200 car garage save with all the F1's (in each color), Diablo, and alot of other cars (alot with each color). If you want it you can have it. Its at 0% complete too and has 500,000 credits to start...

I also have a fully loaded Hybrided Garage with all Cars in there Rarest colors, I could send it to ya if you like, I know that type of work lost is a nightmare!

If you have the new sharkport, the one made by madcatz, you need my guide to load the gamesaves back to your memory card after using MK's.

I'm guessing that you used Mk's. The problem with using MK's with the new sharkport is that Mk's was not designed to be used with the new file format which the new sharkport uses, .P2M. Mk's is designed for .SPS files. There is a program that converts these files to and from each others formats however, and by doing so the data is saved and properly converted back to .P2M.

Go to the link in my sig and towards the bottom of the page is my guide to the sharkport and mk's, and how to get the save builder program i was talking about.

If you don't have the new sharkport, well then i dont know what to tell you.

Back