The DeLorean DMC-12

• Thread starter oozeymc
  • 33 comments
Since this is the car I'm most interested by in GT4, I wondered if people could post their videos and pictures of the car in this thread.

Some of the picture and video threads have become a little bit long and hard to work through!

Cheers.

I can't give you any videos or pics of the car,

But I can tell you the DMC-12, if you haven't noticed, is a "2004" S2 model.

I was stumped at first but it seems that this is the refurbished DMC-12 that DeLorean offers.

The original had about 130hp and this new one has 200hp.

I think they ride on different suspension and I would assume that the issues with the doors that always screwed up had been fixed. (not that it matters in GT4)

I'm somewhat confused by this 'S4' model.

It's looks the same as the original 1981 model and I'm at a loss to explain why the original model wasn't the one that was put into GT4.

Maybe it's due to the, as you say, lesser performance of the non-refurbished model, if that was the case then they wouldn't have included those *really* old models in the game!

That said, I'm just really glad the DeLorean is in the game as it, for me, goes some way into replacing the non-appearance of Ferrari and Lamborghini.

Is there some way of upgrading the car with a flux capacitor?

:dopey:

Image_dmc_01.jpg

hey i didnt know it was rr :dunce:

This was one of my dream cars growing up!

This is a must for my self; I do wish they had put the original in here and not some re-fabed classic. I guess I'll take what I can get and be happy... :)

it should have been MR but the guy who owned the company was adament that there should be room behind the seats for his golf bag.

the poor position of the engine was in part responsable for its dodgy handling.

It's a nice car, and brings up a lot of good memories of watching Back To The Future Trilogy ...

Can't wait to drive it in GT4!

I think the problem with the '81 model is that it was below the expectations of the car maker. For various reasons (that I simply can't remember at the moment), the engine ended up being a lot weaker than they wanted, and they raised the car up four or five inches too high to accomodate some sort of new road law in America.. a law that never actually got passed.

The cars that DMC sells today, what PD calls the "S2" (what DMC calls the "DMC-12"), is, in a way, what the car was supposed to be like. Lowered sports suspension for improved handling, and a more respectable 197hp (200ps) for better speed. The car was designed to be a sports car, but ended up being a Sunday Driver... now, at least, it's a sports car again. Maybe not a high-end sports car, but it's a sports car nonetheless.

hi all
long time reader, first time poster
it is abit werid how its a 2004 model but just before delorean went bust
they made a twin turbo prototype which had a power output of about 200 hp so perhaps they used that as the games delorean model, anyways can't wait to drive that thing

cheers

Let me try to clear some of this up if i can.

the DMC-12 "S2" stands for "Stage 2". thats the upgraded motor offerred my DMC Houston. you can read all about it here. DMC Performance

its pretty amazing actually, how they got a 130hp motor to 200hp just by using a different camshaft, timing, and a great exhaust system. if i remember correctly, the prototype twin turbo motor mentioned above made around 300hp (the 200hp TT is the island twin turbo bolt on system). there were only 2 of those 300hp TT motors made by Legend Industries (also now defunct). its a shame that DMC didnt pan out, because they were heading in the right direction. if they were still around we would have some seriously badass REAL 2004 DeLoreans screaming around.

the only reason i can think of the car being labelled as on 04' is the fact that DMC Houston (who owns the rights to the DMC and its likenesses) didnt really want to throw an average DeLorean into the game. if they were going to give the go-ahead on letting thier car end up in a video game (which they have never done before) they wanted it to be the best they could offer. And im glad they did it that way too. as long as i can race it in an 80's car challenge, im happy. with any luck, you can.

👍

Just one correction, Absoludicrous.. The DeLorean has appeared in a game before.. the not-so-great R: Racing Evolution. Which, I'm saddened to say, I actually own.. hehe. However, the car is nothing like it's real-life counterpart.. when you first get it, it's fully beefed-up, 300hp, and can outdrive any other car in it's class, including the DeTomaso Pantera (yeah.. right). And it looks like crap, too.. they didn't even attempt to get a stainless-steel look, they just made it dark gray and gave it the same reflections as every other car.

In light of that rather poor attempt to put the DMC-12 into a game, I'm very happy to see it appear in GT4. I mean, if PD can't get it right, nobody can. :)

wow, that sounds pretty tragic. atleast it wasnt slow! i really hope DMC didnt allow them to put that in there. the DeLorean has actaully appeared in a number of games like Carmageddon, and Interstate82, but they are never called the DeLorean, its always like "DoLoreaan" or "DeLaundau" or some such crap. and they never look quite right like you said. this is the only game ive ever heard of where DMC actaully said "sure" to. Rockstar wanted permision to put it in both GTA3 and Vice City, but that didnt happen. instead, they put something sort of like it in there anyway, the "DeLuxo". im glad GT4 is doing it right!

I'm glad too. I must say it looks absolutely fantastic from the pictures and PD seem to done a great job.

I wonder if you can paint it like some have chosen to in real life?

Quality thread :) Will have to get my body warmer out of storage when I'll be driving that one.

What upgrades are available? Never mind a Flux Capacitor I want one of those Nuclear Reactor's on the back.

Hope the top speed isn't limited to stop freaky **** happening at 88mph...

Is www.delorean.com the official webpage of DMC? Does DMC even still exist?
I always thought that DMC was disbanded some time around the mid eighties, and the car bodys for production were sank by the British government (so no more De Loreans can be produced).

But I´m very happy that they have included the De Lorean in GT4, although I wished for the original version with less horse power. (I like the discrepancy between the overall fast and sportive looks and the relatively low power of the engine)

Does anyone know about the gasoline consumption and displacement of the De Lorean?

Hum, certainly brings back a lot of memories, but i still dont know how to get the car in the game?! you cant buy the car direct in the game right?💡 anyone?

Back