Exhibition Room of Speedy Samurai UPDATED 10-01-06! JAPAN MOTORSPORTS SHOW!

.Duck.
Well, it looks perfect. You have some sweet photoshop skills there. :crazy: 👍

Well, thank you. But in all honesty, I have only been practicing with photoshop for a few months now. Glad you like it!

Mercedes Benz and 'the wheels' (photomode comp week 34 theme)

The theme being 'wheels', you can see a good number of wheel shots...

img0017big7xv.jpg

Very, very nice shot. Great lighting and composition.

👍

Scaff

Your pictures have something grayish in them something REALLY nice though:irked::eek: The one Scaff mentioned was AMAZING!
I really like the toyotus too:tup::lol: You got the colors to match REALLY well:drool:

Amazing work man....

I'd put the pic scaff mentioned as my final entry, that picture is brilliant. Never thought that car was so good for a comp. 👍 👍

Thanks guys. I had considered putting that pic as my final entry but wasn't sure if it suited the theme well enough. Perhaps I should reconsider.

speedy_samurai
Thanks guys. I had considered putting that pic as my final entry but wasn't sure if it suited the theme well enough. Perhaps I should reconsider.

you'd get my vote if you posted that shot up as your final entry.... very nice pic 👍

my entry for the Photoshop Comp week 25. Theme: Motor Show

Stay tuned as I will be posting almost 200 pictures from the 2005 Tokyo Motor Show!

The 2005 Tokyo Motor Show!!!

I have decided to break down these pictures into 4 groups. West Hall, Center Hall, East Hall, and Event Hall. There are a lot of pictures. I also apologize for the quality of some of the pics. The more popular cars were very difficult to get close to. Enjoy!

West Hall

Nissan

This is the GTR Proto type. The information package I received said it should be on the road in 2 years time. This was one of the most popular cars there, as you can imagine.

The Nissan Foria

New Nissan Skyline 350

Ford Motor Company

Focus ST

Focus Vignale Concept

Volvo

The 3CC Concept

C70

Jaguar

The New Jaguar XK

Land Rover

Range Rover Sport

Aston Martin

The New Aston Martin V8 Vantage

Vanquish S

DB9 Volante

Mazda

Mazda Senku

Renault

The Renault Fluence

Porsche

Porsche Cayman S

Again, another car that was difficult to take a good picture of. Lots of people there, and the car was on a turntable

Maserati

Ferrari

F430 (this car is awesome!)

F430 Roadster (stunning!)

612 Scaglietti

and another one (this is the Pinina Firia or something which I just butchered)

Mitsuoka

Orochi nude-top roadster

This car was one of the most difficult to get close to. It looks like some sort of predatory fish but it is one sexy car!

That is is for the West Hall. There were other manufacturers such as Kia and Hyundai and Citroen, but not much very worthwhile. I wanted to keep the photos in the gallery to the more exciting ones everyone would enjoy.

Next up is the Center Hall which has some of the best cars being featured, including the world premiere of the Bugatti Veyron!

I have decided to break down these pictures into 4 groups. West Hall, Center Hall, East Hall, and Event Hall. There are a lot of pictures. I also apologize for the quality of some of the pics. The more popular cars were very difficult to get close to. Enjoy!

Center Hall

Toyota/Lexus

i-swing

This thing is crazy. Crazy like the Japanese. It has 3 wheels and can be ridden on 2 or 3 of them depending on the terrain. It is customizable with things like colour and panels. It has a customizable AI personality that you can communicate with. You can take the AI personality with you or you can leave it with the i-swing and, if you still want to talk to it, you can call it from your cellphone or message it from your computer.

Lexus LFA

looks to be a worthy Supra replacement.

Lexus LSFH

Lexus SC430

Toyota Racing

Daihatsu

HSV concept

Copen ZZ

Mitsubishi

X-Concept

Nice looking car.

Evolution MIEV (Mitsubishi In-wheel Electric Vehicle)

Dakar Rally and WRC cars

Maybach

Mercedes Benz

SLR

sweet!

Smart Roadster

Volkswagen

I don't know the model name

looks cool though

Peugeot

407 Coupe

Bentley

Lamborghini

Murcielago

Gallardo Spyder

Bugatti

Veyron (world premiere!)

This car looked awesome! It didn't look awkward. It didn't look fat. It did look fast. On a video screen behind the Veyron was a looped video showing the car being run on a test course, spun out on a skid pad, and getting sideways in the snow, among other things. All hail, Veyron!

Next up East Hall

East Hall

Subaru

2006 WRC Prototype

When I saw the redesigned front of the Impreza I didn't much like it. However, on the WRC car at the show it looked pretty good. This is a shot of the engine inside the Impreza road car.

and the 360

GM

Cadillac STS-V

Corvette (coupe and roadster)

Opel Astra (this thing is a convertible.)

Fiat

Punto Rally car

The new Panda Alessi

Alfa Romeo

159 (this is a good lookin' Alfa!)

Brera

Rolls Royce

Alpina

B7 Supercharge

B5 Supercharge

B6 Supercharge

BMW

Z4 Coupe Concept

Not such a bad looking car. I think it looks almost TVR'ish

Z4

M5

M6 (this thing has the M5 engine and weighs 60 kg less. Fast!)

H2R (hydrogen race machine)

Mini

Mini Tokyo Concept

Suzuki

something created in conjunction with chevrolet

Suzuki rally car

Honda

Honda race cars

S2000

Sports 4 Concept

That's about it for the East Hall. Of course, manufacturers such as Suzuki and Honda had more cars on display but I found them rather boring. For the most part they were environmentally friendly vehicles. Oh, and Hummer was there, but those things are just the opposite. I dislike Hummer.

Next up; Event Hall and a few Miscellaneous pics.

Event Hall

Tokyo R&D Co. Ltd

Vemac RD200

Vemac Hybrid

Supasse

looks very Caterham

Ohno Car Craft

pleasantly shaped

Phiaro Corp.

wacky

Sivax Inc.

Saleen

Mustang

S7 Twin Turbo (!)

750 Horsepower! Autographed by Mr. Saleen on the inside of the door..
It looked awesome!!!

Miscellaneous Pics

lots of people

Kimi's F1 ride

some of the ..erm.. presenters

sweet suzuki

my lovely wife with the bike I have been working to convince her to let me purchase.

All in all, it was a great time! I may go back there next weekend to check out the GT4 simulators and the Tourist Trophy playable demo. Hope everyone enjoyed the pics. Feel free to discuss anything you have seen. If you have any questions, fire away. I will go back to posting GT4 pics fairly soon.

Man! First we have to endure looking at the cars from GT4 that we don't have, and then you tell us that you went to the tokyo auto salon, while we have to live with a bunch of ricers parked on a parking lot for our car shows. At least over here where I live. ( I want to go to Japan!!!!!!) You make me jealous.

nice shots speedy. I wonder what the price will be on the GTR when it finally makes production.

Just went last week to the Sydney Motorshow as well, and tell you what? it's good to see Australia is (finally) not that far behind on vehicle models from Japan. Alot of those cars where on show here too :D.

On that note I still extremly Jealous that you got to go.

Please don't anyone be jealous of my life. :) It's not as great as some would think. However, the Tokyo Motor Show was sooooo coool!!! 👍

WHAT THE?!?! Oh man I wish you had brought me. The show here in Canada is nothing compared to that. Amazing shots Speedy, thanks for making yourself the envy of this entire board.

What's up with that? Aerodynamics?

You can't get more weird than this!!

I think this will be the new Lexus LS or Celsior ... very sweet looking

That Mini Concept is really ugly including that green side panel :yuck:
Did mini team up with Hermes or Gucci designers?
BTW ... love that Saleen S7 Engine shot
awesome photos Speedy ... thankyou so much

Been away from the photomode for awhile. I guess I was a little exhausted after posting all the Motor Show shots. So, to get back in the swings of things...

... some recent competition entries.

For the 2.0 Competition this week (Theme: New Millenium)

The very futuristic looking Hyundai Clix

And for the Photomode Competition Week 36 (Theme: Reflections)

The 2001 Honda NSX

That's all for now. Hopefully some more to come soon. Thanks for looking.

Thank you for all those great pics from the tokyo motor show!! Good job!

Your two entries for the competition are very nice! I wish you good luck!

Have a look at my new gallery if you want (and leave a comment)! :)

Week 37 of the Photomode Comp is themed 'the blue oval', so I decided to take some more pictures of the only Ford I really spend any time driving; the GT.

My entry:

The rest:

Thanks for dropping in. Hope you enjoyed some of the pictures here.

Nice man, really nice. 👍 I think your NSX entry has a good chance of winning! :)

Stop by my gallery when you have some spare time!;)

Back