Your pictures have something grayish in them something REALLY nice though The one Scaff mentioned was AMAZING!
I really like the toyotus too:tup: You got the colors to match REALLY well
I have decided to break down these pictures into 4 groups. West Hall, Center Hall, East Hall, and Event Hall. There are a lot of pictures. I also apologize for the quality of some of the pics. The more popular cars were very difficult to get close to. Enjoy!
West Hall
Nissan
This is the GTR Proto type. The information package I received said it should be on the road in 2 years time. This was one of the most popular cars there, as you can imagine.
The Nissan Foria
New Nissan Skyline 350
Ford Motor Company
Focus ST
Focus Vignale Concept
Volvo
The 3CC Concept
C70
Jaguar
The New Jaguar XK
Land Rover
Range Rover Sport
Aston Martin
The New Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Vanquish S
DB9 Volante
Mazda
Mazda Senku
Renault
The Renault Fluence
Porsche
Porsche Cayman S
Again, another car that was difficult to take a good picture of. Lots of people there, and the car was on a turntable
Maserati
Ferrari
F430 (this car is awesome!)
F430 Roadster (stunning!)
612 Scaglietti
and another one (this is the Pinina Firia or something which I just butchered)
Mitsuoka
Orochi nude-top roadster
This car was one of the most difficult to get close to. It looks like some sort of predatory fish but it is one sexy car!
That is is for the West Hall. There were other manufacturers such as Kia and Hyundai and Citroen, but not much very worthwhile. I wanted to keep the photos in the gallery to the more exciting ones everyone would enjoy.
Next up is the Center Hall which has some of the best cars being featured, including the world premiere of the Bugatti Veyron!
I have decided to break down these pictures into 4 groups. West Hall, Center Hall, East Hall, and Event Hall. There are a lot of pictures. I also apologize for the quality of some of the pics. The more popular cars were very difficult to get close to. Enjoy!
Center Hall
Toyota/Lexus
i-swing
This thing is crazy. Crazy like the Japanese. It has 3 wheels and can be ridden on 2 or 3 of them depending on the terrain. It is customizable with things like colour and panels. It has a customizable AI personality that you can communicate with. You can take the AI personality with you or you can leave it with the i-swing and, if you still want to talk to it, you can call it from your cellphone or message it from your computer.
Lexus LFA
looks to be a worthy Supra replacement.
Lexus LSFH
Lexus SC430
Toyota Racing
Daihatsu
HSV concept
Copen ZZ
Mitsubishi
X-Concept
Nice looking car.
Evolution MIEV (Mitsubishi In-wheel Electric Vehicle)
Dakar Rally and WRC cars
Maybach
Mercedes Benz
SLR
sweet!
Smart Roadster
Volkswagen
I don't know the model name
looks cool though
Peugeot
407 Coupe
Bentley
Lamborghini
Murcielago
Gallardo Spyder
Bugatti
Veyron (world premiere!)
This car looked awesome! It didn't look awkward. It didn't look fat. It did look fast. On a video screen behind the Veyron was a looped video showing the car being run on a test course, spun out on a skid pad, and getting sideways in the snow, among other things. All hail, Veyron!
I have decided to break down these pictures into 4 groups. West Hall, Center Hall, East Hall, and Event Hall. There are a lot of pictures. I also apologize for the quality of some of the pics. The more popular cars were very difficult to get close to. Enjoy!
East Hall
Subaru
2006 WRC Prototype
When I saw the redesigned front of the Impreza I didn't much like it. However, on the WRC car at the show it looked pretty good. This is a shot of the engine inside the Impreza road car.
and the 360
GM
Cadillac STS-V
Corvette (coupe and roadster)
Opel Astra (this thing is a convertible.)
Fiat
Punto Rally car
The new Panda Alessi
Alfa Romeo
159 (this is a good lookin' Alfa!)
Brera
Rolls Royce
Alpina
B7 Supercharge
B5 Supercharge
B6 Supercharge
BMW
Z4 Coupe Concept
Not such a bad looking car. I think it looks almost TVR'ish
Z4
M5
M6 (this thing has the M5 engine and weighs 60 kg less. Fast!)
H2R (hydrogen race machine)
Mini
Mini Tokyo Concept
Suzuki
something created in conjunction with chevrolet
Suzuki rally car
Honda
Honda race cars
S2000
Sports 4 Concept
That's about it for the East Hall. Of course, manufacturers such as Suzuki and Honda had more cars on display but I found them rather boring. For the most part they were environmentally friendly vehicles. Oh, and Hummer was there, but those things are just the opposite. I dislike Hummer.
I have decided to break down these pictures into 4 groups. West Hall, Center Hall, East Hall, and Event Hall. There are a lot of pictures. I also apologize for the quality of some of the pics. The more popular cars were very difficult to get close to. Enjoy!
Event Hall
Tokyo R&D Co. Ltd
Vemac RD200
Vemac Hybrid
Supasse
looks very Caterham
Ohno Car Craft
pleasantly shaped
Phiaro Corp.
wacky
Sivax Inc.
Saleen
Mustang
S7 Twin Turbo (!)
750 Horsepower! Autographed by Mr. Saleen on the inside of the door..
It looked awesome!!!
Miscellaneous Pics
lots of people
Kimi's F1 ride
some of the ..erm.. presenters
sweet suzuki
my lovely wife with the bike I have been working to convince her to let me purchase.
All in all, it was a great time! I may go back there next weekend to check out the GT4 simulators and the Tourist Trophy playable demo. Hope everyone enjoyed the pics. Feel free to discuss anything you have seen. If you have any questions, fire away. I will go back to posting GT4 pics fairly soon.
Man! First we have to endure looking at the cars from GT4 that we don't have, and then you tell us that you went to the tokyo auto salon, while we have to live with a bunch of ricers parked on a parking lot for our car shows. At least over here where I live. ( I want to go to Japan!!!!!!) You make me jealous.
nice shots speedy. I wonder what the price will be on the GTR when it finally makes production.
Just went last week to the Sydney Motorshow as well, and tell you what? it's good to see Australia is (finally) not that far behind on vehicle models from Japan. Alot of those cars where on show here too .
On that note I still extremly Jealous that you got to go.
WHAT THE?!?! Oh man I wish you had brought me. The show here in Canada is nothing compared to that. Amazing shots Speedy, thanks for making yourself the envy of this entire board.
I think this will be the new Lexus LS or Celsior ... very sweet looking
That Mini Concept is really ugly including that green side panel
Did mini team up with Hermes or Gucci designers?
BTW ... love that Saleen S7 Engine shot
awesome photos Speedy ... thankyou so much
Been away from the photomode for awhile. I guess I was a little exhausted after posting all the Motor Show shots. So, to get back in the swings of things...
... some recent competition entries.
For the 2.0 Competition this week (Theme: New Millenium)
The very futuristic looking Hyundai Clix
And for the Photomode Competition Week 36 (Theme: Reflections)
The 2001 Honda NSX
That's all for now. Hopefully some more to come soon. Thanks for looking.
Week 37 of the Photomode Comp is themed 'the blue oval', so I decided to take some more pictures of the only Ford I really spend any time driving; the GT.
My entry:
The rest:
Thanks for dropping in. Hope you enjoyed some of the pictures here.