Duk's Photo Gallery

• Thread starter DuckRacer
  • 967 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks chocobo.

And here's my first carbon fiber attempt:

renaultclio42dw.jpg

I tried to take off the wing and turn the headlights on, so it probably looks like crap. :scared:

EDIT:

Second attempt:

slrmclaren31za.jpg

Personally- I couldn't edit a photo in photoshop for the life of me.

But I have some constructive criticism for you:
1) The carbon fiber looks a bit too light IMO.
2) The carbon fiber looks like you took out a chunk of the picture and replaced it with a texture. I'd say change the brightness on parts of it so it looks more like a hood, rather than a 2D texture.

Otherwise it looks pretty great 👍

Hey, i got some suggestions. Make the CF a layer that you can see through a bit, so you can see the lines of the hood, also, make the hood B&W first, so the blue doesnt show when you make the CF layer clearer. I don't know if you got that but I think it should work. Or just send an email to s12ken on how he used to do it in his Carbon Fiber Shop.

That's a good idea from PB. It would still show the reflections onthe hood and they would be seen through the CF layer on top. Or you could make some high lights to look like the normal reflections to give it a more realistic look.

Great updates Duck!!!

M3 update gets a 8 with the 4th pic as my favorite

RSC gets 9 - very cool pics with no 4 and the last pic as my favorites

The carbon Clio gets a 5, I agree with PB, the hood looks to flat

Looking forward to your next update :)

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions everyone. :D

I tried making the CF layer transparent from the start, and then I tried putting the CF pattern on it, but it won't show up. I'm using Photshop CS (a 30 day trial) so I'm just getting the hang of things. Any tips to help a n00b?

I also put up my second attempt, same post as the Clio CF attempt.

If the carbon fibre on the clio looked more shiney then it would look less flat.

.Duck.
Thanks chocobo.

And here's my first carbon fiber attempt:

renaultclio42dw.jpg

I tried to take off the wing and turn the headlights on, so it probably looks like crap. :scared:

EDIT:

Second attempt:

slrmclaren31za.jpg

Not bad Duck, not bad...your gettin there :) I also started fooling around with PS'ing CF parts on normal pics, it gets easy after a while :)

The Clio was a bad choice on my part, since it was already flat from the get-go. So I chose the Merc so you could see some rises in the hood.

My GT40 update is coming up in a few minutes, so keep a look out.

:cool: Nice work once again, 👍 the second one looks really cool in it’s unrealistic way, and there is a great sense of speed in 5, 6 and 7 :P . The carbon fiber on the last one does not really fit in though. :cheers:

Well, the pics are cool, but some of the effects mess them up IMO. Also, the one on the hill that you made the car B&W, you can see the edge of the selection, you should have smudged it out or something. I like 1, 3, 5, and 6.

I love the one that looks like a water color painting. 👍

But jeez man, would you stop posting so many d*mn good pics. I can't keep changing my desktop everyday. 👍

@ Div - When I did the brightness/contrast with the pic, the whole sky was plain white. So I tried to create a sunset look, and something went wrong. :scared:

@ ekmatt - I'm trying new stuff. Something other than the same b/c, saturation, sharpening routine. :indiff:

@ PB & Jelly - I just noticed the selection appearance after I posted the pic. :banghead:

@ McDonalds F1GTR - Thanks. :D

Thanks for the constructive critisizm everybody. :)

I love the 2nd shot the most its like something out of a childens comic book.

Nice pics. I love the 6th one. 👍 Not so sure about the 7th one, looks like you tried to desaturate the car, but got a little bit of the track as well.

@ 440 Charger - I'm using Jpec's tutorial in the Digital Art forum, but I'll check that one out. 👍

@ Everyone else - Thanks. :)

Merry Christmas to all, too. :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back