The TTesters Gallery | We are looking for new members! (See post #27)

• Thread starter TTesters
  • 30 comments
Welcome!

Hey GTPlanet members, TTesters is a source where you can get references for the bike that you want. The members consist of our fellow members Duċk, PLmatt91 and Speedy_2. The TTesters gallery will be something like the BESTuners and BESTesters galleries which are currently dead. We will have some pictures with the report and the good points / bad points and there will be some extra goodies ;) We should have our times and pictures of the bikes at the certain tracks we take pics of and test...The track we will test our bikes at will be Midfield Raceway.

The members :
Duċk (TT Enthusiast)
PLmatt91 (TT Enthusiast)
Speedy_2 (TT Enthusiast)

Our lap times from fastest to slowest:
1. Suzuki GSX-R 600 '05 - 1'15. 197
2. Honda CBR600RR '05 - 1'18. 963

DO NOT:
Criticize our pictures or reports, unless you have a suggestion to improve them.
You MAY tell us how to improve the reports in the future but please don't tell us your settings.
And finally, please DO NOT complain in here or get completely off topic.

*Note*​
We are not looking for any members yet. Two members of GTP had thought of the idea to make this, but no word yet for any one else to come in. So please, do not ask us to be in here.

Thank you for your time. :)

German Muscle
so yet another photo club that no one can join? awesome......
1. It's not a club, it's a group.

2. We never said anything about not letting anyone in. Just not now.

3. My review to contribute to this thread should be up by today.

Honda CBR600RR (JP) ‘05

Rider: Duċk

Midfield Laptime: 1’18.963

First Thoughts
When you think of a sport bike, you think of this. The CBR600RR looks like one, it’s as fast as one, it sounds like one, it handles like one, it is one. With a 599cc motor, and with about 110 horsepower, it is plenty peppy enough for the track, thus explaining the good laptime at Midfield Raceway. And it’s easy to acquire. You just need to win it in one of the challenges.

The Good…
Well, it handles nice. Real nice. I never had any problems going through the corners, it just sped through like it was starving to gobble them up. The bike didn’t lean too much so it would drag on the ground and makes sparks fly, so that was good. And the acceleration was pretty good too. It wasn’t a slug, like the slower bikes, but it wasn’t stupid fast and near uncontrollable, like the high-end superbikes. It gets you out of corners quick and without understeer. Overall, it has a blend of the good qualities you look for in a bike.

…And the Bad
Pretty much, the Honda CBR600RR doesn’t make you go 160 MPH on straightaways. It also grinds on the ground when you go up the hill on Midfield. And that’s not good, since it nearly flushed my best laptime down the toilet. But other than those cons, there’s nothing else to complain about.

Conclusion
It’s a bike you will want to have early in the game. It’s useful for the early races. And if a good tuner put his hands on it, it can be a real track eater.

Thanks for reading, and please comment!!!

Sorry for the short review...

Suzuki GSX-R 600 ‘05

Rider: Plmatt91

Midfield Raceway Time: 1’15. 197

suzuki19xt.jpg

First Impression
I thought the bike was fantastic at first. It had great throttle response and it wasn’t a hassle at all. I loved it. The cornering was good at first also, but as I rode more and more bikes in the game, I noticed that this wasn’t the best set up for the suspension. I had to tune it to the stock settings for the report to make it fair for the lap time, but this needed a little bit of work. The speed was consistent and good, smooth and responsive. The brakes could use some work, but there’s no option to tune it right now… It’s not the Racing Modified version you know.

suzuki20id.jpg

The Good Points
Acceleration is great, you could tweak the gearbox a bit for more response, but the bike is good for the stock settings. Suspension needs some tuning, not a whole lot though. It under steers when you first get to the corners, in the middle it’s mild but it could be fixed. Then when you tuck down and leave the corner with full throttle, it’s like a little firework rocket blasting off. The brakes are great for stoppies and corner entry sometimes, but they need some work as well. Other than that, this bike is great for a beginners bike in the Street races, you might want to tune the suspension a little bit for your liking though…

suzuki31xw.jpg

The Bad Points
The under steer isn’t severe, but it can be fixed. Not bad for a stock bike ;) Braking needs some help. You have to work with the back brake sometimes while turning so the bike gets the angle it needs to turn in. Throttle isn’t big issue but it would be a lot better if it picked up in 5th gear in a wheelie like the GSX-R 1000 :D Other than those weak points, it’s not bad, it just needs some better handling by the player or some better settings.

suzuki49nn.jpg

The Conclusion
Not a bad bike at all. The “Gixxer” is a good stock bike, but it’s not the best. Some problems can be fixed, others, well, you’ll have stick it with :lol: The rating for this bike by me from a 1-10 would probably be around a 7 – 8.5. Thanks for your time every one.

suzuki56kd.jpg

PLmatt91
15 seconds? It was a minute and fifteen seconds.

Hehe, sorry, posted that in a groggy state of bieng.. I did mean a minute fifteen. I consider myself fairly good at TT (dont we all :rolleyes: ), and I can only scrape the lower 16's.

The GSX-R in TT has a slight tendancy to understeer IMO, I bumped up the rear preload a click, and upped the front rebound a little (to keep the front settled). My style is a bit more 'body lean' than the default 'body lean' setup. But for the life of me, best I can manage is 1'16.3xx

Perhaps I dont know the lines well enough.. But damn, low 15s is fast.

Id love to see the replay, must be a good watch!

I need to install my capture card again then. I'll try and PM you. But read the first post please, we asked not to tell us what and how to edit...By the way, these are stock bikes...

Sorry about that.. ill read the intro more carfeully next time <blush>

Well, im not quite sure what you mean by 'stock bikes'.. I understand they are the street equivilant. But im assuming you have fiddled with performance tires, the sport silencers, and obviously suspension and gearing.

After an afternoon of fiddling with my gixxer (I ride one IRL btw =-) ), I tweaked the gearing and made a reversal on my suspension theory. I then clocked it in at 1'15.185" (Id be glad to share my setup and replay with you)

On a different note.. To took the CBR out for a scrape with the performance tires, and sports muffler, a slight gearing tweak and stock suspension settings. I was *easily* able to crack into the 14's and managed a 1'14.707" on my 4th lap. (Again, id be glad to share the replay with you)

The GSX-R is a wild ride. The acceleration is violent, and the bike needs a agressive hand to control properly. Unless properly set up, the front end will give you fits. Be very carefull trail-braking untill you get a good feel for the bike, as it acts slightly out of the 'norm' for sportbikes. Its not uncontrollable, but requires a different mindset. If you can get into a groove with this bike, its as faster than you can be.

The CBR is on the other end of the spectrum. Its completely stable. The accelleration is smooth, controlled. Trail braking is as easy as point n' squeeze. The bikes slight extra heft is negated very nicely by the ease of control. Scince your not pre-occupied with controlling traction and convincing the bike to do what you want, you can concentrate on braking points, correct lines, timing references. The only drawback from that stability is limited line selection. Once your pushing it, you can really sense the extra heft, but with proper technique, the honda will absolutely fly.. and you will have enough mental energy to do your taxes at the same time.

EDIT:

BTW, love the reviews.. have you guys ever worked as moto-journalists?
And its easy to trade replays now.. just save it to your flash card from the 'replay theatre'.

STOCK BIKES. I did it in Arcade Mode with street tires, what else don't you understand about that part? We test stock bikes, see what they can do, write a report, and take pics and post. That's it.

And no, I've never worked as a moto-journalist, I'm not planning onto either. Thanks for the compliment though.

PLmatt91
STOCK BIKES. I did it in Arcade Mode with street tires, what else don't you understand about that part?

Ouch.. ok ok... For some reason I got the impression you tweaked the bikes. Sorry.

There wasnt anything in the intro that explains that you test arcade mode bikes with street tires. What mode are you playing in? Standard? Pro?

Okay, if you really want the dirt, I'll tell you. In one turn, I tucked too early, then went into the grass and I got up and saved myself from falling. Then I continued the lap, that's how I got 1'15. 197.

Ok, well, regardless.. Your review of the bike was spot on, and fixing the problems you detailed allows for 15 second laptimes with the proper tuning.

Still think it was a great review.

MATT!!! how dare you cheat, lol, just kidding. So long as you saved yourself, i'm happy. I quite enjoyed the report, i think the gixxer has a little more balance than the cbr personally, though in real life i couldnt say, i only got to ride a gsxr600 by a lot of wagering with a friend, and i felt like i could never fall down.

I might have a report up tonight or tommorow. Don't know yet. I fell at the skatepark today so I don't wanna sit by the computer all night writing it.

We are looking for a new member!!

To be a new member, you have to or need to:
  • Have Tourist Trophy.
  • Write a report to the TTesters, PLmatt9 or Du&#263;k.
  • Can edit photo's well in Photoshop or any other picture editing program.
  • Can submit reports 2-4 times a month.
  • Know what they are talking about.

I (PLmatt91) prefer that you could write to me in a Private Message because I myself don't log into the TTesters account very often.

If any one writes to us with their photo's and a small report, please try and write it in the format the reports are written now.

Good luck to any one who would want to be in! 👍

I like this tread, it's helpfull and usefull 👍. I can try to join when I get the game (TT will only arrive to Europe in May or June :grumpy: ) if you still have the spot available :lol:.

:cheers:

i might be interested. the reason i havent been active in the TT forum at all is because my friend stole my copy and took it to a city 100 miles away. its okay though because i think he is finally sending it soon, and i know im going to binge out on it for awhile. i could write some reports, maybe as a special guest tester? i dunno, maybe i can commit to full time. i will post here again when i receive it in the mail any day now :)

thanks

Back