Tiburon VS tC VS Cobalt SS

• Thread starter JCE
  • 64 comments

Which one of these would make the best affordable sub $20k (USD) coupe?

• Chevrolet Cobalt SS

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Hyundai Tiburon GT V6

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Scion tC

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Civic Coupe (non Si)

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other -- post it and it must be sub $20k in USD

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
For me, owning a Hyundai would be very embarrassing and I would never haul one outside. I'd be scared of it breaking down in the middle of a freeway and crashing into the water for me to drown a slow, painful death. Either that, or I might be instantly burnt by the poor-quality engine casing catching fire and exploding. Prior to my death, I would begin to have a series of violent nightmares about how I would die in it.

Meanwhile, acceleration from 0KM/PH to 100KM/PH would take 15 minutes and it's horrible handling would be more dangerous than a mentally-disturbed 4-year-old kid with a glorified lawnmower.

Styling looks like something designed from the guys at Fisher and Price and the entire car would be made of black plastic.

My friends and family will laugh at me and I will lose my automotive dignity, developing an uncurable fear of driving for the rest of my life.

By the way, my favourite coupe would have to be the older Honda Preludes and Toyota Celicas. The Ferrari Mondial is also a nice car too, although somewhat more expensive and hard to find.

Condraz23
For me, owning a Hyundai would be very embarrassing and I would never haul one outside. I'd be scared of it breaking down in the middle of a freeway and crashing into the water for me to drown a slow, painful death. Either that, or I might be instantly burnt by the poor-quality engine casing catching fire and exploding. Prior to my death, I would begin to have a series of violent nightmares about how I would die in it.

Meanwhile, acceleration from 0KM/PH to 100KM/PH would take 15 minutes and it's horrible handling would be more dangerous than a mentally-disturbed 4-year-old kid with a glorified lawnmower.

Styling looks like something designed from the guys at Fisher and Price and the entire car would be made of black plastic.

My friends and family will laugh at me and I will lose my automotive dignity, developing an uncurable fear of driving for the rest of my life.

Umm, did some maker pay you to make that comment? Because thats obviously false. Current Hyundais are nowhere near catching fire or falling apart. You must be reading facts from a 10 year old Hyundai. Go be better-informed before writing a comment, for God's sake. Have your heard of the new Sonata? Azera? Accent? They have all won major awards. Go home and study a bit more, kiddo.

Yeah, Hyundai's come a long way, but their quality has improved significantly. Long term reliability remains to be seen, but it's looking very good.
JCE3000GT
I do give the V6 Mustang points for being RWD but I just have a problem with it mainly because it's 4.0l's of displacement with only 210bhp and it's still a girl's car. The only way I'd have the V6 is with some exterior add-ons making it look a bit more manly. 👍
Skip is totally right, but so are you. Everybody who knows the Mustang/Ford crowd knows, V-6 is a no no. Very stupid, because this new V-6 Stang is so awesome. If it was a Japanese car, you know people will hype it as the Scion tC competitor.

skip0110
But I'd be more embarassed seen in a Hyundai than a V6 Mustang.
Dang! Another hard cold truth!

JCE3000GT
But I'd be more embarrased being seen in a Cobalt SS than a V6 Mustang! Haw, for teh win! :sly:
You guys are on a roll.......

As for my choice, I'd have to go with either a Mustang(still!) or Civic. But in real life, I'd go with a sedan or Honda Fit-like wagon.

My mum used to own a 1991 Hyundai Excel (X2), boy I was always working on it, always something would go wrong. Then she bought a Nissan and problem solved, no more problems. :D

Yes I agree Hyundai has come along way and there cars are much better now.

Back