SkylineObsession

Expert daydreamer
Premium
New Zealand
New Zealand
SkylineObsession
Mangosaurus
If so tell us a bit about it here!

I thought i'd make this topic so we can keep track of all the owners here as they seem to be all over the place.

My car;

1990 NISSAN SKYLINE GTS-4 (R32)
- 2.0l
- Single turbo
- 215 hp (guesstimate, only have an exhaust)
- Sedan
- 4WD
- Four wheel steering
- Automatic (the worst thing about the car)
- 3" Dytech R exhaust
- Polished engine bay parts

Seen as CarDomain is down at the time of posting, pics and more information can be found of my car in the link below (my Skyline site). :)
http://godzilla.netfirms.com/r32gts-4.htm

Don't own one, but I suppose I wouldn't mind one. Living in Canada pretty much means i'll never own one either. Ahwell, life goes on.

Whats up with the name Mustang-man? You own a Skyline but name yourself after a Ford? Or do you mean the horse?

It's just the name i've been using on the internet since 2000, kept it so people would know who i was. :)

Nope, probably never will, I'd consider buying the new GT-R at some point but not within the next 2 or 3 years at the least. But the GT-R isn't a Skyline so even if I did the answer would be no.

SRV2LOW4ME
Don't own one, but I suppose I wouldn't mind one. Living in Canada pretty much means i'll never own one either. Ahwell, life goes on.

Whats up with the name Mustang-man? You own a Skyline but name yourself after a Ford? Or do you mean the horse?
Not necessarily, there are over 10 of them in Ontario for sale. Lowest I've seen was an 89 GT-ST for 10 grand. GTR's are around 27 grand. Infact in my town we have an importer that lives somewhere here so we see them here every once in a while.

i dont own one yet, but my bro drives a R33 GTS series 1, thier great performance car, any skylines are great car, except the auto gearbox skylines.
Remember that petrol prices are high, so think long and hard if wanting to own one, and street legal as i have found some either to loud, or to low and the list go's on.
if want to see pixs of my bro skyline, go to Daily driven skyline post, as i dont want to double post pixs.

I'm not a fan of automatics, but the Skyline one (when working good, which mine isn't) is better than some i've driven. I'd much rather it were manual but oh well.

Sadly, it would take so long and so much just find one and get it.

I wouldn't mind one, but I think I'd buy one when I know I could get one without having to worry about my government.

I've noticed that since it became legal to import any car into Canada thats over 15 years old, the market is becoming flooded with these high priced Skylines. Kind of sad to see these guys selling 1990 base Skylines for over 20 grand CAD.

I'd love to get myself a Skyline, and may pick one up if I get sent to a good location when I go to teach in Japan a few years from now.

Friend of mine has an '83 (R30) RS-Turbo, I believe it's one of only two in the US, and the only one that's street legal.

Takumi Fujiwara
Friend of mine has an '83 (R30) RS-Turbo, I believe it's one of only two in the US, and the only one that's street legal.

Nice, theres a mint condition RS-Turbo (DR30) near my house for sale going cheap, If I had the extra at the moment I would buy it in a flash.

Nice skyline, Mustang_Man, I like skylines too, i've got a 97' R-33 GTS25T Skyline, it's about 280 horse power at the moment, but i still want to increase the power a bit...to about 350 i guess, i need to save up first tho, hehe.
i'm not from canada, so i dont know why skylines in canada are expensive, can any1 tell me why?

I sure.... don't. I've always liked the sedans, too. I don't think I'll ever see it around here though. Yeah, I like the Infiniti G35s(Skyline in Japan, etc., of course). They look as good, if not better than Skylines, but doesn't really strike you as one.

Lovely Skyline Mustang-Man :D

Someone has a Nismo R34 GTR in black about a mile or so from where i am!

A friend of mine found a mint condition 1985 Skyline (MR30), that some old man owned and was selling. Cost him $1100 (AUS) but its honestly like new, 170,000 original kilometres, great white paint, engine looks almost new (L24E), drives smooth and quiet, original hubcaps remain, interior is like new, only thing that was wrong with it was a leaking oil pressure switch and a tiny spot of rust.

We took it for a spin in the hills to test it out, did better than I expected, must say I'm pretty jealous :sly:.

Cheers X5. 👍

Yeah Viper, i'm really starting to like the R31's and R30's a lot more now. :)

VIPERGTSR01
Cool, Australian or Japanese R31?

haha, jeez i'm a bit slow in answering.... i just recognised your avatar, your on SAU aren’t you. I'm Archie@ on there. 👍

Yeah it's gonna be an Aussie one... it's gonna be my ****ter track car... But I had to put off purchase for a couple of months as I’ve just been fixing my current daily driver and its sent me a little broke...

Syntax error
haha, jeez i'm a bit slow in answering.... i just recognised your avatar, your on SAU aren’t you. I'm Archie@ on there. 👍

Yeah it's gonna be an Aussie one... it's gonna be my ****ter track car... But I had to put off purchase for a couple of months as I’ve just been fixing my current daily driver and its sent me a little broke...

Wow, I do remember your SAU name, I haven't been on SAU for a year or so and someone recognized me :D

Syntax error

great :)

i used to own a r32 gts with gtr runing gear aka enjine and gearbox for druft(kiwi pronounciation) i own a r34gtr vspec2 nur (well its the ace motorsport demo car) my frend owns a r32v-spec a r33 n-1 and a r34 m-spec

ace96
i used to own a r32 gts with gtr runing gear aka enjine and gearbox for druft(kiwi pronounciation) i own a r34gtr vspec2 nur (well its the ace motorsport demo car) my frend owns a r32v-spec a r33 n-1 and a r34 m-spec

Your going to have to prove it for anyone to believe you, because thats a big claim.

Back