<< Brix Pics >> Update! w00t! >>

• Thread starter nic_brix
  • 196 comments
Thanks GT4_Rule. Feedback much appreciated.

The close up probably is a bit too blurry, but I just loved the effect it gave when I first saw it, it almost looks like a painting to me.

Expect the next update soon. I'm shooting the Nissan R390 GT1 Road Car as we speak.

First post updated for much easier navigation of my gallery.

Each update now has its own image linking to it in the first post, as will all subsequent updates.

Soon-to-be Artistic Release Comp. entry

^^ That has had absolutely NO editing done to it (apart from resize) ^^

EDIT: Here is the final version of the competition entry, now entered:

Preview of what's coming next update: Nissan R390 GT1 Road Car

All feedback welcome,

Thanks, Nic_Brix

Well, here it is... Not a very big update, and not my best, I know, but I did promise it.

Set of 3: Nissan R390 GT1 Road Car at Suzuka
img00080hu.jpg

In all honesty, I'm not very pleased with those...

Still, all feedback is welcome,

Thanks, Nic_Brix

Set of 5: Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II
gttilt9ie.jpg

gtblurr2gq.jpg

^^I am very pleased with that one, it's completely natural blurr (not photoshopped).^^

Comments welcome...

Thanks, Nic_Brix​

Comments?

Anyway, here is my entry for this week's Photomode Comp 2.0 Advanced
600compentry8kp.jpg

I'm actually quite pleased with it myself but I'd be interested to know what you guys think.

Thanks, Nic_Brix

Right, I have here a one pic special. Its my first real try with editing, and I know its not perfect, but I want to know what you think. I just hope you understand the effect I am trying to get across.

One Shot Special: 70s Dreaming...

Notice the transperency at the edges of the car.

And please, please, please let me know what you think, as this is my 4th consecutive update with absolutely no-one commenting on any of them.

Thanks, Nic_Brix

Thanks De@tthwi§ho0, by the sounds of it you "got" the picture, I just wanted to make it as soft and dreamy as I could. Notice the transparency of the car at the edges.
Anyway, I much appreciate your comment.

P.S. Looking forward to your new gallery, De@tthwi§ho0. :)

Didn't know it was so usual to shoot that GT LM Spec II. Well, I shot it with the LM Spec I also, so I win.. Just kidding ;)
Nice pics of the GT. And oh, I love the last pic! :)

Thanks for the comments guys. By the sounds of it the GT was a success, its nice to know that you people appreciate it.

@:...

Eiriksmil: By the way, sorry if it sounded like I was trying to out-do you or anything with the GT pics, as this was not the case. :)

Olm_2003: Thanks.

GT4_Rule: :lol: You make it sound like a crime that you didn't comment straight-away. :lol:
Once again though, thanks.

nic_brix
Thanks for the comments guys. By the sounds of it the GT was a success, its nice to know that you people appreciate it.

@:...

Eiriksmil: By the way, sorry if it sounded like I was trying to out-do you or anything with the GT pics, as this was not the case. :)

No, don't be sorry at all. It's just that I hadn't seen a GT pic before, then when I started looking at some galleries, it looked as several people like the GT. Not weird, even Polyphony has chosen it as official picture car for the game. It's nice to see how other people choose to do their photoshoot :)
Actually, I saw a GT yesterday, at Sarthe, same as I did. He posted 10 days before me, though, but I hadn't seen his.

Your GT shots are great! :)

very impressive mate!! Your recent updates are cool, specially the FORD GT set. Really cool angles mate, I love that set!! Keep it up:)

Thanks Eiriksmil and NTX.

Once again, it sounds like the GT photos were popular. I was, in fact, very pleased with the photos as I was taking them, and I think that car just "works" at El Capitan. :)

I'm considering a Cadilac Cien for my next update, perhaps at Cote d'Azur, but if I feel that its not good photos that I'm shooting, then I might scrap it. I have previously tried snapping the Cien, but i found it fairly hard to take good photos of...

If not, still expect another update fairly soon.

Thanks, Nic_Brix

Looks impressive to me 👍

Great job 👍

On the last shot at Midfield of the Toyota 7, awesome job 👍

With some sharpning, it looks almost like in real!

Lovely gallery all round - excellent index 👍 Very well set out and beautifully presented...

As for the photos, there are some real crackers there, nicely labelled and well thought out!... The Stratos shots in Assisi are very cool, but I also particularly like a couple of the LMP at Suzuka shots (esp. the last one) and the 'melting' Nissan GT-R Concept is cool too... I really like that, it's very photogenic for some reason... The long-range shot of the Toyota 7 at the hairpin at Midfield is great, a totally different perspective of that corner...

Will be keeping an eye on this gallery... nice work :)

Thanks for the feedback people. Much appreciated. Nice to know you like the index TM.

Here is a two shot update.

Set of two: Sauber Mercedes C 9 Race Car
smresized7ve.jpg

saubermercblurr6002pe.jpg

^^ Two very different pictures I know, but I'm fairly pleased with both of them. The first didn't take long, and I spent roughly an hour and a half on the second, which, ironically, I don't like as much. ^^

Anyway, hope you enjoyed this update. If you did, please comment. Feel free to critisize as well.

Thanks, Nic_Brix

Like the first one. The second one has a good background and I like the shot, and if the car was cleaned up a bit more it would be awesome. As it is right now it's still very good. The background through the window needs to be blurred as well, but that's just nitpicking:)

Thanks Cod_Father & Pink for the comments... But just the two so far...
Any more?

Anyway, Cod_Father, I did notice myself the lack of any blurring of the background through the window, but found myself not knowing how (or if it is at all possible) to fix it without ruining the reflections.

Back