-=Floyd's Gallery=- Jaguar XKR-R @ El Capitan

not a bad tutorial...easy to understand and what not...haha...except for the dutch...so did you learn dutch before or after you learned english?

so you speak three languages all together? thats awesome man...one thing i want to do before i die is at least learn one other language...but not spanish...but hmm orange would look good at... maybe george V paris? idk up to you!

Really good tutorial Pink! I've been sort of lost with GIMP for a while (it's the more complex ones I'm confused about) and I'm all for a GIMP tutorial here!

Then I got good news for you, I'll be posting my next tutorial today 👍

Honda S2000​

img0000bp9.jpg

img0005xs0.jpg

nice job again pink, clean, very clean...great job!...could you post an original for that second pic? i just want to see the difference...

Gimp Tutorial 2: Erasing the watermark, adding border & text:
In this tutorial, we'll learn how to get rid of the GT4 copyright logo and adding the finishing touch to your image with a nice border and some txt.

Here's the image after going through the steps of tutorial 1:

Step 1:
Open up Gimp and select the file you wish to edit.

Step 2:
Go to Tools->Draw->Clone or press the C key. You should now see an icon which tells you you can't use it.

Step 3:
Zoom in 200-400% on the watermark and hold Ctrl, while holding Ctrl, click on the area next to the watermark and let go off Ctrl. Now click on the watermark, it should be replaced by the area you selected. Do not hold the mouse button whole the way, do it by clicks, repeat this untill the whole watermark is gone.

Step 4:
Go to Tools->Draw->Convulate or press the V key. A drop icon should now appear on your screen. Go to dialoges and select a reasonably big brush, for cloning, use a small brush.

Step 5:
Zoom back in, but it's not necessary to zoom in that much. Go over the cloned area in exact the same direction as the background or road. Go back to 100% image size and you should see this:

You still may notice some of the work but it goes completely away when adding a border, you just won't notice it 👍
Step 6:
Now rescale your image, go to Image->Image rescale and select your desired size. For this tutorial, a 800X600 size was chosen.

Step 7:
Now we're going to add a border so go to Script-Fu->"Decor"->Add border. A new window appears were you can select the hight and wide of the border along with the color.

Step 8:

When you've chosen your desired color and size of the border, click OK and the new border has been added to your image! The image will get bigger so if you want to hold it to 800X600 size, rescale it one more time.

Step 9:

Now we'll add some text to your image to give a little finishing touch. First you need to choose the color you want your text to be so go to Dialoges->Colors. A window appears were you can select a color of your choice. When the color has been chosen, just close the window.

Step 10:

When you've chosen your color, it's time to select the font of yuor text, size and offcourse, which text so go to Filters-> Text-> Freetyp. A new window appears with different kind of options. First you need to typ in your text, after that, select your font and size. If you want to place text on your car, click on transformation. You can transform the text to your liking and even make it looks like a decal on your car! To move the text around, go to Image->Transform->Move

And viola! Done, just like that 👍 It doesn't take that much time, you just need to practice your cloning skills in the beginning to reduce traces but you'll be fine after a while ;)
This is the image after the above work:

i havent gone thru the tutorials yet, but great pics!! i gotta go thru them.
it seems like Corel Paint Shop Pro sucks poppy sticks for doing blur effects.
or maybe it's just me. anyways, very good pics! perhaps u can copy one of my pics and do a sample blur effect for me ?

Well, if you're talking about a phototravel mode picture and t omake it seem like it's drivin very fast, don't count on it.

I've got some problems with the layers when I try this.

Anyway, in the next tutorial, we'll learn howto add headlight effects to the car, I might also add a tutorial to rain effect.

nice tutorial...very good...i cant wait to see how to add headlights on a car..i dont know how to do this in photoshop...

Then wait for my next tutorial, it's quite the same 👍

I found a Gimp forum were I finally can ask how to blur background without car and without seeing the white background also blurring 👍

awesome! well when you figure out what you were doing wrong, let me know! Because i really cant think of anything else that could cause that...

Range Stormer

img00001ay4.jpg

Didn't had too much work on this one, the reflections were already very nice. This picture'll be the basic for the next tutorial 👍​

looks good pink, the reflections do look great but its a bit jagged. none the less its a great shot, i know how hard it is to take good shots there 👍

Latest Posts

Back