Atteiros' Gallery... **Gotta snap 'em all!!** More Hondas... 1/8/07

• Thread starter atteiros
  • 28 comments
I've been away for a while. Too much work. Little less fun. So I thought I'd capture me afew pictures before I went to work today... Some Element Pics, an Integra and a Beat. :)

This shot was stitched from 3 pictures. I needed a high resolution picture so I can have a banner printed out for my game room/entertainment center.

RX-7 FD edited with Initial D decals...

Here's what I call my James Bond group...

Here's a compilation of wallpapers I made which I use at the office.

High res/photo stitching tutorial now available... Click on the EK9 pic for the version on my website, or scroll down below...

High vinyl/body paint tutorial now available... Click on the EF pic for the version on my website, or scroll down below...

Videos...
Call it what you want, I'll call it my first drifting video... hehe... Too bad I don't have the time and the equipment to finish it anymore.

The s800 at Tsukuba Wet...

Honda Civic EG...

Honda Civic '79

Honda Civic EP

Toyota Triathlon

Update!!! (1/8/07)
Honda Element

Honda Integra

Honda Beat

Great work there, especially the RX-7 and the Cappucino.

One suggestion though, mainly on the Aston Martin, try and unblur it a little.

Great work so far. 👍

Thanks for the comments! You guys are fast! I was still editing my initial post to include some of my wallpapers when you posted. :lol:

Photo Stitching....

Photo stitching has been around almost as long as the camera itself. Used mostly for panoramic shots, it's real value really shone through with the advent of digital cameras and photo editing software.

Sometimes, you may find GT4's picture resolution may be a bit too small, and that the picture you are taking just isn't detailed enough. You might have a monitor with supported resolutions above 1280X960. You may want to have a picture printed or photo developed, and you need a larger image. Sometimes some pixelation comes up when working on a low res image and you just wish you had a higher res pic to work with. Coupled with jpeg compression, there are lot of details that get lost. The solution? Good old photo stitching.

The first picture is the normal shot from GT4, and the second one is a stitched shot.

If we take a closer look at the front of the Civic (shown below), the difference is apparent.

tutorial1.jpg

So how does photo stitching work? First, we need to take some shots inside the game. The number of shots really depend on how large you need the image to be. When taking shots in-game, pick a camera point, and when you have everything set-up, take pictures which overlap at certain points. This will make it easier to line-up the pictures as well as stitch the edges seamlessly. For this tutorial, I have taken 6 shots which are shown below...

Open up the 2 pictures on your photo editor as layers, or objects. I used our office's copy of Corel, but the same principles should apply for most photo editing software including GIMP and Photoshop. I tend to work from the upper left corner so let's start with the pictures labeled 1 and 2.

Line up the two pictures. Since GT4 takes pictures with a Gran Turismo 4 label on the lower right side, we'll need to have picture 2 on top of the left picture so that the label is partly obscured. This will make it easier to edit out the label. The lined up image will initially have a clear line on the top image's (2) edge.

1_2_stitched_a.jpg

Select the top image (2) and take your eraser tool. Use a brush with soft edges and carefully erase the edge of the top picture. Be careful not to erase a part which does not overlap or part of the background will show through.

tutorial3.jpg

Now repeat the same procedure until you've stitched all 6 images. Remember, when you get to stitching the bottom part of the picture, you will need the bottom part on top. If you're lucky, there might not be any Gran Turismo text to edit out on the upper portion of the image.

What if you DO have a label showing? Use the clone tool function to edit it out, or you can use the steps below...

First mask out a part above or below the portion you want to edit out. Copy/paste this portion and drag it over the label. You may need to rotate/skew the object to line it up correctly with the image. Then use the eraser tool with the soft edge to soften the edges as you did in the steps above.

tutorial4.jpg

tutorial5.jpg

UPDATE!!!!

Call it what you want, I'll call this my first drifting video... hehe... Too bad I don't have the time and the equipment to finish it anymore. Wish I could've edited it better though...

My Decal/Vinyl editing tutorial is also up. you can find it here...

I'll see if I can add the full tutorial to this post some time...

Here's something not on the Tutorial...

Great tutorial, I've got to make a new one myself for the Gimp users over here.

And those CRX pictures look really nice, great editting there 👍

Been feeling less and less creative lately, so once I got some pics I did like, I decided to post them. I got some more coming, but I'm holding out for some feedback from you guys first. :)

The s800 at Tsukuba Wet...

Honda Civic EG...

I like the Civicos EG, very smooth. The Civic '79 also looks awesome with that overedited levels, it has a great contrast and powerful colors.

But... last Civico EP shot is an interesting innovation. I love it, I like how you used focal blur! I hope more of these!!

Salu2.alexwrc

Thanks! I did like how the EP shot turned out the most. The original concept was to have both EPs focused in the shot, but it didn't seem right. :)

To do that, I think you need a larger objetive, so you'll need to go pretty far from Civico and then focus them. If you're "close" to the targer, can't focus both correctly. Sometimes good, sometime bad :). Btw, I love it as you did, a point of innovation imo 👍

Salu2.alexwrc

I like the Honda Integra, but please check out either of my PGR3 or GT4 galleries.

Definately got some nice photos here. The photo stitching is pretty cool. I do it a different way, but it's always good to learn new ways. Keep up the good work! If you have some spare time please drop by my gallery and leave a comment :cheers:

I did cut some corners with the photo stitching tutorial. If it were a panorama or scene shot from GT4, the whole picture wouldv'e skewed significantly. :sly:

Back