Tedehur

Staff Emeritus
France
France
Z spec
:: GT4 WRS Week 90 ::
Let's kiss good bye to the long and empty straigths of Le Mans,
and proceed to a more bumpy and winding track,
that you'll have to share with other bimmer fans :)
WRS90.jpg

Race Details:
  • Mode: GT Mode > Germany > BMW Event > Club "M" > Race 2
  • Track: Apricot Hill Raceway (Normal)
Vehicle Specifics:
  • Car: BMW M3 CSL '03
  • Power: 373hp in the replay window (398hp in game)
  • Modifications: Oil change, Sports exhaust, Port polish, Engine balancing, Stage 3 weight reduction. No other power upgrades, no NOS, no wing, all non power upgrades ok.
  • Tyre Type: Sports Soft (or harder)
Week 90 Race Specifics:
Do not qualify for the race : make sure you start 6th on the grid.

Standard Clean OLR Rules:
  • 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • no contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • if you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • no hybrids
  • no cheating of any kind
  • nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • save your replay ('Save Ghost Replay' icon)
Thread rules:
The following info cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):
  • lap time
  • any information which can be used to infer lap time
Submission:
All submissions must be sent by PM to me (MisterWeary):
  • you can submit only once per race
  • please include in your submission PM your division, name and final lap time
  • deadline is Tuesday 16th January 11am GMT (L.A. 3am, Toronto 6am, New York 6am, London 11am, Paris/Berlin/Rome 12 Noon, Syd/Melb 10pm)
  • if you are still unsure of the deadline try this site
Time verification:
Save your replay and keep it at least a full week after the time has been submitted:
  • fastest times each week will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • when a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide a replay before the next race deadline
  • failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from WRS results
  • video replays are not accepted, only .max, .xps or .sps files can be verified

I'm replying to myself to make sure that everybody understands the particular rules :
  1. Do not run the whole event. Just run race #2 and make sure you start 6th on the grid.
  2. No wing, no NOS, no racing tyres. All other upgrades are allowed as long as they don't change the car HP.
  3. Oil change, Sports exhaust, Port polish and Engine balancing are the only power upgrades allowed, which should bring the HP to 398hp (373 in replay splash screen).
  4. Submit your race time to Colby, I'll be away next week and perhaps without an internet connection.

W00t! A GT Mode Sanctioned Event, in Mr. Understeer, and Not too much grip :D
(I prefer Fixed-lineup events much more than Family Cups...)

I think I'm happy. Currently equipping a brand-new Black Shapphire Metallic CSL with the needed parts. How many A-spec points should a normal run net us? I think I'll do a Week 71 again, finding lineups and such.

Currently hearing the new David Bowie album I got (Aladdin Sane) grinning from ear to ear :D. I mean, about the car-power issue... Do stereos increase power?

EDIT: Cage or no Cage? I'm leaning towards installing one, but I'm not sure if Beemers cooperate well with those. The rims are horrorible, though...

EDIT: Me and Michael discussed the splits this week, and we decided that T3-only is easiest, both for us, and will be easier to watch on the leaderboard. I reckon T1s and T2s can be discussed in the thread, but we'll only add the T3s to the board, plus a T4 which is the total of the three T3s.

And combo-impressions: Very sweet combo. Good sound, good handling, and pretty nifty AI. Got a tranny-setup right for this track, which enables me to pass everyone apart from the 1st-place M5 before the first corner, and chop the M5 by the 3rd corner.

W00t! A GT Mode Sanctioned Event, in Mr. Understeer, and Not too much grip :D
That's why it's GT Mode! TUNING!!! w000! 👍
why not allow us to qualify, and get rid of the AI?
Cause then it's too easy?

Awesome race this week, well, sounds like it, won't know until I try! Can't wait to. Probably will get a chance tonight. :)

why not allow us to qualify, and get rid of the AI?

Yeah I second that.....o well. Kyle's turf here no doubt being GT Mode and all 👍 have fun!

Jerome

Ugh... i wont be doing to well this week. having to deal with the ai, being a multilaper, and tuning is not my strong point. but i love the M3 so i gotta jump into this one too. *sucks it up* new year, new resolve.

Well the traffic on this will be a non issue. I just built my M3 CLS, and you can pass 3 of the 5 AI cars before the first turn, and have the next two passed before you hit turn 3.

That's why it's GT Mode! TUNING!!! w000! 👍
Cause then it's too easy?

Awesome race this week, well, sounds like it, won't know until I try! Can't wait to. Probably will get a chance tonight. :)

It's already very easy. With tranny-tricking, the whole field, apart from the M5 (which starts 1st in lineup 1. Note to self: Look for lineup with M5 in 4th or 5th), is overtaken on the straight before the corner. Watch for the regular M3 (lineup 1 again), which might rear-end you while braking for the first corner - but it's rare that it does, since you're the one who brakes late. M5 can be overtaken after a short chase down the esses - and voila, an AI-clean race. Even easier than Week 71 (unless you used the RUF-less lineup), since the car, with tranny-trick, outaccellerates even the M5.
Tranny-trick: Final drive around 3.6, and individual gears using the rule I learned from Hugo: Tranny-trick, redline at end of straight, and then: First gear wide, second less, and so on until 6th is as short as possible. In this track, shortening up 1st, and then lenghtening 2nd and 3rd gives better results, since you don't have to shift to first anymore.

You're not actually serious on this are you?

You think I am? EDIT: CRXnut already explained ;)

I quite like this combo. Darren, up to a 'Tar challenge? :mischievous:

Let's kiss good bye to the long and empty straigths of Le Mans,
and proceed to a more bumpy and winding track,
that you'll have to share with other bimmer fans :)

Now that's too far. More bumpy than La Sarthe, and not the Nurb'? First, off, the typo. But bumpier? This thing is smooth as... freshly-paved digital asphalt. (I can't find metaphors lately). The car can actually run the highest springs and stiffest rollbars and dampers, and it's still smooth. On a regular track (Even Tsukuba), a car would've lost control by now...

I quite like this combo. Darren, up to a 'Tar challenge? :mischievous:

:lol:

OK mate, you're on...As soon as I shake off this damn cold, I'm coughing and spluttering everywhere at the moment so I'll see you on the track tomorrow night. :D

Good combo Cyril and thanks for stepping in while Colby lays on the beach. 👍

Darren.

:lol:

OK mate, you're on...As soon as I shake off this damn cold, I'm coughing and spluttering everywhere at the moment so I'll see you on the track tomorrow night. :D

Good combo Cyril and thanks for stepping in while Colby lays on the beach. 👍

Darren.

Everyone's got their handicaps. You've got a cold, I've got an extra enduro to finish off (JGTC)... Lets see if I can get more than an hour on the combo, but first, I'll wait for the rain of alien setups :P

This sounds fun. If I wasn't racing the El Capitan enduro later, I'd get onto it right now!

Hi all :) couldn't pass this one by, nice race Cyril 👍 First clean one in the session showed:

Lots to go for me, think I'll stick with this one :dopey: great fun.

Nice to see you here arora, maybe we should see who's faster this week. You want too:mischievous:.
And as NightmareHunter said, I think I will like this week:). Will try it tomorrow.

Forgot to mention, I spy a typo!!! :sly:

I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to do for JGTC this week, so I haven't had a chance to do this yet. Maybe I'll take a break from this rude JGTC race and get started on this blast... :)

Just got my Playseat, so I'll be running with the DFP most of the time now.

I tried this week a little, but forgot to put on a lot of the non-power upgrades, so I have to go back and get it right first.

Grrr.... I WANT TO STAY UP! But I need to go to bed. I kept working at my JGTC race, so didn't get around to this(which I took the long route to make the money for as well...) until quite late. Now that I have the car, I want to tune tune tune!!!

First notes, I think this car's going to want some close gearing. The powerband is a bit weak down low, and it tapers off a bit up top, POSSIBLY wanting some mild short shifting in the upper gears. Main thing with the gearing though is probably going to be setting it up so you can leave the line at full throttle. Likely in second gear.

Also, this track is pretty smooth, even though Cyril calls it bumpy. I think stiff suspension can be used here, we'll see though for sure. Haven't tested anything yet.

We'll see what the rest of the week brings... Definitely looking forward to having some fun though.

Obviously, I didn't go to sleep yet.

And, here's what I have to say about tuning this thing, suspension wise. GT4 SUCKS! This track used to be my favorite, but it's not anymore. I still like it, but not as much as I used to, it just isn't as much fun for me in GT4. Also, the other thing that sucks about GT4, is the TUNING!!! I'm lost here, nothing's making any sense quite yet, but then again I should probably try learning the car and track before I keep going on... Seriously though. I could always do certain things to basically any car in GT2 and make them go around this track. Not so much here... Damn GT4.

Gnight.

what happened to you kyle?
gt4 is still great, just push the right buttons.
need any help? go here and use that as a start for this great beamer.
good luck!

metar, luxy is in shambles. can you check?

to all: are we posting setups this week?

also to all: how the **** can you pass the idiots this week without being rammed in the back by #2 csl or gtr? tried a dozen times but everytime they come in from behind!

Back