GT5 Vehicle Wish List Q&A =POST @ P.3 1ST B4 LIST STARTS=

Philippines
Quezon City, Philippines & Las Vegas, NV
GTP_VanishingBoy
Vanishing Boy
-> I'm seriously aware that by making this thread I could get some attention about this matter. German Muscle, the person on who has the rights of making car wish list is mostly a no show, while Tenchy's version is so cluttered to the point it make go bonkers. :ill:

-> Since there are so many versions of with lists in this forum, the car has been left-off gathering dust and eventually got closed. :(

-> I don't want to go rogue on this but I think someone should act on this, just for fun I really do want to do this. But I got crusified by GM when I went rogue and attempting to do my version of the Ver. 4.0. :(

-> To most of you guy don't see this important, but you know what I mean. If no one is will to make a grand GT5 or GT6 wish list, I'll volunteer for the sake of fun. :)

Here are the (now defunct) forums made by German Muscle:

GT5 Car Wishlist v3.0

GT5 Car Wishlist v4.0

(:

Do it brother!
that wish list definatly needs sortin.
By the way, is there any general rules of thought with what makes it in the wish list? Me and my mates rekon only the top of the range model sould make it in of each car.....eg in Australia we have the holden commodore,so the logical choice would be the SS (v8 all the bells and whistles) but u always see people request the base model versions of respective cars ie sl/gl/ (v6 poverty pack). Is this because people want to see the car they drive/own or do they truly yearn to drive these cars in the game??????
It would certainly cull alot of copy cars out of the wish list!

when i wrote my American Car wishlist, i chose pretty much all high performance versions of vehicles so that way most people should enjoy racing with them, but there are most likely people that want their cars represented in the game, no matter how basic they are

I guess its hard to choose which make it in the wishlist when for example a boss 302 mustang and a boss 429 mustang of the same year look almost identical yet behave so differently both deserve to be in....but a standard base model mustang 6 cylinder (nothin against 6 cyl cars) shouldnt be there!
I hope PD find a way to put all the cars produced in the known universe in GT5 (BLUE RAY can handle this???) , bcause there will be a lot of unhappy people out there.

-> I'm glad you're all supportive on this, but I have to give it go from a moderator. I don't want to get flamed again on this one. So far based on the list I made for GM, I have done over 5,000 production, concept, classic, movie, special and race cars. (:

I think you should go for it. Like you, I've seen no activity from GM since you were unmercifully flamed for trying to start a new list.

I support ya as well. I've normally seen incorrect models of vehicles and noted GM only to never see a change.

-> Here's the post that I went rogue, and I got owned by GM after that. Here's the link. its on post #483. :nervous:

You know what, I say do it. If GM attacks you again, I'll back you up on it. I'm getting tired of waiting for him, and I even thought of starting MY OWN!!!

I already have a 21 page Word Document with my personal wishes.

I just looked through the GM list and I realized that some people ask for too much. Who honestly believes that Suburbans/Escalades & Ram trucks belong on a track?

Am I allowed to start a NON-wishlist for cars I don't want in the game?

thebtspecial
So how long do you think it will take you to get a list up and running so that people can start requesting different cars?

^ I already have a pre-empted (aka. a highly modified/better version of GM's) wish list. I already have a total of 6-10 MS Notepad files with a total right 'round 6,000 cars. I left it un-touched since GM told me not to post any new lists. :indiff:

Jim Prower
You know what, I say do it. If GM attacks you again, I'll back you up on it. I'm getting tired of waiting for him, and I even thought of starting MY OWN!!!

^ I know that you've seen supportive on this since from the start dude. I too am tired of waiting for him too. Heh, heh, you making a list too!? we have the same drive dude! I'll just have to upload my files from my USB at work to get it started. :)

afc2112
I just looked through the GM list and I realized that some people ask for too much. Who honestly believes that Suburbans/Escalades & Ram trucks belong on a track?

^ I kinda understand that, but most of us likes to see more interesting cars on the next GT series, some out of curiousity (like me), or just to brag that their truck is on GT. :)

afc2112
Am I allowed to start a NON-wishlist for cars I don't want in the game?

^ I think there is a LOT of threads about this matter, and some of them got heated up! Use the search engine or scroll thru the pages, there will be a lot of hit on that. :)

-> I'll get a hold of Jordan to address this matter to make it official.

EDIT-> I've just sent a PM to Jordan, all I have to do now is wait. :)

If you can't do it, then I volunteer. I have already made a wishlist based on German Muscle's v4.0, and I've corrected everything and added many more cars. So if you can't do it, just tell me and I'll be glad to assume the responsibility.

^ I will do it with no problem at all, but I have to get a clear sign from Jordan (the big honcho of GTP) that is okey to make it official. I don't want (or us) to get flamed by GM again. :indiff:

Update-> I just got a message from Jordan, he said some words, but I still need to confirm from him that "its a GO".

-> But while I'm waiting for Jordans reply, Let me do a test. Jordan told me about this feature, because he said GTP occationally had a very hard time for uploading/posting excessively large files or posts:

Attachments

• For M.L.'s Pocket.txt
    729 bytes · Views: 30
^^helloooooo thissss isss Jordannnnn.....I give u the go aheaddddddd!!!!!!!hahaha
but seriously I dont see a problem,especially with so many people on your side and litterally no one saying that u shuoldnt.....

as far as not includin escalades/rams/trucks....why the hell not!!! I'd like to see the comparison in lap times from an escalade to a hummer to a 2cv citroen to a MGB to a Buick riviera to A9X torana to a.........
the more the merrier as i say

And as to the reason I don't want SUVs & trucks in the game is that I feel that PD could focus on other areas of the game instead of adding cars that only some people want. It takes time to model each car, and I feel that we would be better served if they focused this time on another aspect of the game.

And if they were to add more cars, I feel that there are more interesting classics that should be included in the game. For example, cars like the TVR Grantura & the Alfa Romeo 33/3 should be considered well before any Suburban/Escalade.

Lastly, SUVs are pretty much the equivalent of a Honda Odyssey on a racing game. It's not really usable and has minimal novelty.

And as to the reason I don't want SUVs & trucks in the game is that I feel that PD could focus on other areas of the game instead of adding cars that only some people want. It takes time to model each car, and I feel that we would be better served if they focused this time on another aspect of the game.

And if they were to add more cars, I feel that there are more interesting classics that should be included in the game. For example, cars like the TVR Grantura & the Alfa Romeo 33/3 should be considered well before any Suburban/Escalade.

Lastly, SUVs are pretty much the equivalent of a Honda Odyssey on a racing game. It's not really usable and has minimal novelty.

Granted, but you have to remember. This is your opinion. Most likely there will not be Hummers, Escalades, or other big SUV's in the game, but this is just a "Wish" list. So if someone "Wishes" that SUV's would be in the game, who are we to deny them a wish.

Besides, big SUVs are already in the game, in the form of the Range Stormer and Pikes Peak Quattro (Q7) Concepts. But I digress. I want it ALL.

Besides, most of my trucks are jacked all the way up and ride on rally tires. Sometimes I play CORR (Champoinship Off-Road-Racing) with them.

By the way, that Honda Odyssey ROCKED.

Update-> I got a "go" from Jordan! Once I got a hold of my flash drive or laptop I will upload the list ASAP.

^ As I go post my list it will be a lot more wholesome and fun compared to the wish lists of the past! :)

-> Here's the rules for you guys to be prepared on making the wish list, BUT PLEASE DO NOT, I MEAN DO NOT POST ANY WISH LISTS JUST YET!!!!:

Here's GM's rules and will be applied

1) Read the list before you post a request. Repeats are what makes this a hard job.
2) If you do make a request then please do it in the correct Format that the list is done in. Make Model 'YY
2a) Tuner Cars go under their own name.
2b) If the manufacterer isnt already on the list then make a new one(-MANUFACTERER-) so all i haft to do is copy it and paste it and the cars under it.
2c) If your reqeusting more than one manufacterer then put them in alphabetical order by the make.
3) I will skip over any requests without a year unless i know it off the top of my head.
4) Do NOT make a post requesting cars untill you have read through the list and thread and do not see the car on the list or it hasnt been requested by an other Member
5) If you have 3 or more Repeats i will skip all of your Requests in that one post

But I modified some of his rules, I made some revisions

1. Follow this format instead, anyone who doesn't follow this format WILL be ignored:

-MANUFACTURER- *Must be in bold letters with underline*
- Make
- Model
- Trim (if any)
- Type (race car, concept/prototype, if its a production car, pls. don't specify)
- Body style (optional)
- 'YY(aka. year) *use four digits if its 1920 and below, use "--" if unable to specify a year*

! Take note if you want to put a chassis codes like Honda's, BMW's, and Mercedes'; make sure you put a squared bracket "[]" before you indicate the trim level.

Example:

-BMW-
BMW 130i [E87] M-Sport 3-Door '07

! Make sure when you put race cars, do not multiply these cars by their respected teams. It will highly complicate things, especially if they share with the same frame/chassis/bodywork. Most of these cars affected are GT and Le Man cars manufactured by Porsche, Ferrari, Jaguar and some chassis-built cars. Unless if there is ANY substancial difference among these cars.

2. Spacing, if these manufacturers are affiliated, use only one space (I mean the enter button) after the last car. If not it must be two spaces.

Example:

-HONDA JAPAN-
-----
-----

-HONDA PHILIPPINES-
-----
-----

-HYUNDAI KOREA-
-----

-HYUNDAI NORTH AMERICA-
-----

3. Cars are must be in order by:
- Size = Kei-Car (Suzuki Alto) -->> Full-Size (Ford Crown Victoria)
- Category = Passenger/Production -> Concept/Special -> Race/Rally *Make sure you put the "[R]" logo before you put the name of that certain car*
- Trim = Chevy for example: LS --->>> SS
- Bodystyle = Regular cars (sedan, coupe, wagon, etc.) -> SUV's -> Pickups -> Sports cars -> Exotics
- year = *In chronological order*

Example:

-CHEVROLET USA-
Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 '99
Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 '02
Chevrolet Cavalier LT '05
Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport Coupe '05
Chevrolet Cobalt LS '05
Chevrolet Cobalt SS Sedan '06
Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged Coupe '06
Chevrolet Malibu Maxx SS Concept '05
Chevrolet Impala SS '96
Chevrolet Impala '00
Chevrolet Impala SS V8 '06
Chevrolet Monte Carlo LT '06
Chevrolet HHR LT '05
Chevrolet El Camino SS454 LS6 '70
Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT LT 4WD '06
Chevrolet Tahoe 2-Door '98
Chevrolet Suburban LTZ '06
Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 Z66 {Un-Cladded} '04
...you get the idea. ;)

4. NASCAR's (especially if its road course-tuned like Watkins Glen) are ok now.

5. Movie cars that are MECHANICALLY altered (like the ones in Tokyo Drift) for performance purposes and SHOW PROOF. If its just for looks, then don't bother. NO OUTLANDISH (like the Munster Car) OR STUPID (like Pixar's Car's) CARS. Manga cars (like Initial D) that resembles in real-life are also applicable with the same rules.

-> These rules will be STRICTLY be implemented once the wishing starts, and I'm kinda more linient than GM when it becomes to cars but I'm very anal when I format these cars. Take note, I've helped GM to refine his messy Ver. 3.0 twice, so I have experience under my belt on this. ;)

-> I'm just giving you guys a heads up! Thanks for reading! If you have any questions, post away before I post the the real thread.

:)

No ridiculous cars like the Batmobile
I REALLY LIKE THAT IDEA. Shame its not performance variants only as opposed to any old car you see pass by (Chrysler New Yorker)
Oh and could I request (even though it probably will be shot down) that when it comes to race cars the team's name and the series/class should be part of the car's name?? And privately owned custom vehicles (like the SEMA winners) should have the names of their owner's included
Oh and when it comes to custom vehicles like the Budweiser Rocket, Thrust SSC, Sunbeam....How should those be labeled???

No ridiculous cars like the Batmobile
-> Actually, the Batmobile (TV Series) was just road tested by Car and Driver. :)

Duphman
Oh and could I request (even though it probably will be shot down) that when it comes to race cars the team's name and the series/class should be part of the car's name??
-> You can mention the race series, but no team names and car classes. As I experienced the horror back in Ver 3.0, browse there and you'll see ;)
Duphman
And privately owned custom vehicles (like the SEMA winners) should have the names of their owner's included

-> These car's should be under to its original manufacturer, unless they build multiple cars like Chip Foose. If you still can't help it, what you can do is this:

Ex: Make Model Trim {Person's name} SEMA Show Car 'XX

Duphman
Oh and when it comes to custom vehicles like the Budweiser Rocket, Thrust SSC, Sunbeam....How should those be labeled???

-> As long as these cars are valid and not ridiculous, they're ok. Place the respected manufacturer as the title and then mark the car. Here's what you do.

Ex:

-THRUST-
Thrust 2 World Record Speed Car '83
Thrust SSC World Record Speed Car '97

(:

-> Due for some complications of uploading the list, if its possible that not to post on the wish list thread just yet.

-> Right now I'm still at letter "O", aside of uploading the list, I also update of of mine too. But the Ver. 4.5, I'll give it a limit up to 10 pages, and the I'll start on Ver. 5.0.

-> There is a lot of questionable cars that GM inserted on the list, we have to refresh the whole list over again by that time.

(:

-> Now the Car Wish List is open for business!

-> But if you have any quesions post it here, comments you can post it over there. (:

Made the mistake of posting it in the other thread, but my comment earlier.

Nice, though I see German never fixed the mistakes I told him should.

There's no Murcielago GTR, just the R-GT.

And there is no Murcielago SV.....I had to show that wasn't right last time, but apparently, German didn't care to change it.

Just my opinion, that it would help to have accurate, and real requests. :)

-> I agree, I've noticed a lot of inaccuracies from GM's List, in which I rode with it when I was helping him back then. :indiff:

-> I hope I'll clean things out when I start Ver 5.0, the list requirements will be a lot more stringent. :)

got a question....Ive looked at the Australian sections for Ford, Holden,HSV and Chrysler and done a bit of housekeeping (ie cleaned up duplucates and added correct YY and chassis codes etc) of my own. Would u be interested in this cleaned up version???? Im open to correction on my alterations but im pretty sure Ive researched all the stuff correctly.let me know.

^ Please do so, and post it on the thread. Make sure that you mark those cars like what Driving Park did, he stated "(this is the year)" or something. That way I won't get lost and/or confused. Those inaccuracies and duplicate will be deleted once I get started on V 5.0. :)

Back