Slowest Car You've Won with on SS5 Enduro to try for the Cerbera LM

I just raced the SS5 Enduro and won the Cerbera LM on my 1rst try, but it was too easy since I took the Jag XJ220 and got an easy grid with no Toyota GTone's.

I want to race this with a fairly challenging set up or car, So...

What is the worst/ slowest or least HP car you have won this race with?

Try a Daisin Silvia with normal or sports tires and/or very little tuning...I tried and won by about 10 seconds.

Try maxed out Alfa Romeo 156 V6, it shouldn't be easy. I tried it, completed some laps, I was 2nd right after the GTOne. Didn't have enough patience to end this, though :)

I'd have to look it up. I know I've done this race in a '96 Chevy Corvette with the race kit attached, but I'm not remembering anything slower. I wasn't trying to win the Cerbera, tho, I was just doing the race. I don't even think I drove a Cerbera LM in GT2. I did in the first game, tho.

Last edited:
Ohh....im wondering what car to do this with...im thinking the 155 touring car is overkill? If so any other suggestions for cars?

I agree with ty00123 on the Daishin Silvia.

However, an interesting alternative list would include the BP Apex Kraft Trueno GT 1999, or a fully-tuned Toyota Chaser TRD Sports Sedan. The Kraft Trueno has unprecedented agility but less power than the Silvia, while the Chaser TRD has all the muscle but is actually 616 pounds heavier than the Silvia and is less nimble.

That said, both should be an intriguing challenge to pilot around SSR5 for 50 laps.

P.S: Is it Daishin or Dajshin Silvia? The side-script seems to suggest the latter, but...

EDIT: From races in the GT All-Stars, the 155 Touring Car seems to be overkill but you never know...

a fully-tuned Toyota Chaser TRD Sports Sedan.
Do you mean this beast?..

0a63d142f43b.png

Ohh....im wondering what car to do this with...im thinking the 155 touring car is overkill? If so any other suggestions for cars?

I don't think it is, as long as the Toyota TS020 shows up. The Alfa has 550-ish horsepower I think...and it's got those boxy aerodynamics that slow it down the straight so you'd be relying on cornering power all the say. 👍

Last edited:
Do you mean this beast?..

0a63d142f43b.png

Yes, that brute will be it.

As for the Alfa 155 Touring Car, I have tried it against a Toyota GT-One. Given one, you can outdo the TS020 on most corners, and I have finished ahead by at least 5 seconds on many occasions. That may not seem to be much, but the Alfa is incredibly stable, having four-wheel drive.

That said, I still think it is overkill, especially since SSR5 has many corners...

Why not?.. It is possible; Alfa 156 has ~480 hp, it's front-wheel drive and has pretty average weight, so it can't be overkill anyhow.

I'm sure a 155 touring car will do it (because I've used a 155), but I don't know about the 156. :scared: Are we talking Nissan R390 and Toyota TS020 are both present? I think the 156 might be fast enough, but it'll eat its tires in the long run--being front-drive and all.....

..you could try it I guess, but I doubt it would win if the supercars are present.

Last edited:
Well :) I started the race after lots of suspension tuning, having medium tires on the front and soft on the rear. It's 5th lap, and front tires are becoming yellow :scared: I'm first yet, behind me - TS020 '98, black R390, blue R390, Calibra and XJ220. Paused the game - it's 6:12 am here and I'm going to sleep :rolleyes:

My notes claim I beat two GT-ONEs in one single SSR5 Enduro, one by just 10 seconds, with a race-modified TVR Tuscan Speed 6. (and that did win a Cerbera LM).

/while trying to prove that 156 V6 is enough/ OMG. Does anyone know how many times does TS020 (or R390) visit pits?.. :ill: It's 15th lap, my front tires are almost dark red and it's REALLY difficult to hold those GT1 cars behind me :scared: I need them to go to the pits... Then I'll be able to change my tires, too...

/while trying to prove that 156 V6 is enough/ OMG. Does anyone know how many times does TS020 (or R390) visit pits?.. :ill: It's 15th lap, my front tires are almost dark red and it's REALLY difficult to hold those GT1 cars behind me :scared: I need them to go to the pits... Then I'll be able to change my tires, too...

What happened, what happened? I can't wait to race this again. I can never get over some of the cars you pro's win these things with. I am thinking of trying a camaro 28th aniversery, a viper, the Daijshin Silvia, or the Ruf Ctr2 Sport.

BTW, I had my kids at the hospital try this race last night and let them pick any car being novices, yet having played about 5-10 hours of GT2 each. They chose the XJ-220 Jag even though I didn't mention that I won it with that one. I made them switch drivers at the pits. Some had red tires at 7 laps. The best kid drove a few sub 1:20 laps with a 1:16 best while most of the kids laps were 1:25-1:33. Another client was consistently getting 1:22-1:23. They will have another shot at it later and probably pick a different car. They were used to the corners having only spent time on CSR5 and got lapped 2-3 times.

Wow, that is a particular thread name.
Yeah, I think I was quite tired when I wrote it. It is funny that I tacked on the "to win the Cerbera..." part.:sly:

-Parnelli Bone "I'd have to look it up. I know i've done this race in a '96 Chevy Corvette with the race kit attached, but i'm not remembering anything slower. I wasn't trying to win the Cerbera, tho, i was just doing the race. I dont even think i drove a Cerbera LM in GT2. I did in the first game, tho. "

Ok.... you caught me after studying for a big test and brainfried:crazy:. Funny, but I am just as interested in any race on the SSR5 Enduro you may have had whether or not you had such a ...Greedy motivation as to be trying to win the CerberaLM.:sly:

Oh my god.
Just finished the race... Finally I've won it.
If only I knew how long will it take and how difficult is it gonna be, I swear I'd never start it. It's damn 7:54 am here and I haven't slept.
In a few minutes I'll post some screenshots and my car settings.
BTW, I got Lancer Evo VI Rally Car. :ouch:

So here I go... This is my car:
742e588cbdee.jpg

Settings:
Spring Rate: 7.0 kg/mm / 9.0 kg/mm
Ride Height: 104 mm / 109 mm
Damper Bound: 3 / 7
Damper Rebound: 3 / 7
Toe: 0.15 mm / 0.15 mm
Stabilizer: 5 / 3
Brake Controller: 16 / 24
Gear Ratios: 1st 2.064; 2nd 1.418; 3rd 1.048; 4th 0.811; 5th 0.657; 6th 0.558; Final 5.500
Downforce: 0.47 / 0.55
LSD: Initial 10, Acceleration 36, Deceleration 25
Tires: Front - Medium, Rear - Soft.

Results:
a1b5dfa18c39.jpg

Short overview: I've been trying this all night. I didn't count how many times did I restart the race. The most terrible was the one when I've lost to TS020 by +0.004. And if I wasn't suffering then, then I don't know what suffer is.
I've been leading during almost all the race (except the pit stops and some other moments) holding 1, 2 or 3 GT1 cars behind me. The blue R390 was a very unexpected guest in the last turn of the race - it went in the pits a bit later than the others and I thought that it's out of the battle, so when I saw him in the rear view I was like "OMG, what's this?!". Anyway, I'm glad this has finally finished and I can now sleep. :ouch:

My best time was 1.21.233. I don't think it's great, but it was hard to show any good times holding the GT1 cars behind.

Ah yes, here's my prize:
ce00ee00895e.jpg

Awesome going AAZ! That must have been tough...major +Rep for you my friend :) as for me...im thinking of attempting the race now...but not in the 155...how about the Espace F1? I mean, it would probably blow them away straightline but be a pig in the corners...interesting non? Any other ideas?

Yes, it seems that the Renault Espace would be an interesting car for SSR5 All Night Enduro. It does have incredible speed, but the chassis makes for easy revolving. Parnelli Bone wrote about it a while back, saying how it is a car for which you require sharp reflexes. "A car for us GT Masters only", by which he means to race effectively. However, the road surface seems to be better in quality than in Red Rock Valley, and there are no gravel pits...

I say, "If you can keep it facing the right direction, you have a winner."

What happened, what happened? I can't wait to race this again. I can never get over some of the cars you pro's win these things with. I am thinking of trying a camaro 28th aniversery, a viper, the Daijshin Silvia, or the Ruf Ctr2 Sport.

BTW, I had my kids at the hospital try this race last night and let them pick any car being novices, yet having played about 5-10 hours of GT2 each. They chose the XJ-220 Jag even though I didn't mention that I won it with that one. I made them switch drivers at the pits. Some had red tires at 7 laps. The best kid drove a few sub 1:20 laps with a 1:16 best while most of the kids laps were 1:25-1:33. Another client was consistently getting 1:22-1:23. They will have another shot at it later and probably pick a different car. They were used to the corners having only spent time on CSR5 and got lapped 2-3 times.

Wow, that's cool you get to have your kids join you in GT. If I remember correctly, you work at some sort of hospital? I'm forgetting, it's been awhile.

Yes, it seems that the Renault Espace would be an interesting car for SSR5 All Night Enduro. It does have incredible speed, but the chassis makes for easy revolving. Parnelli Bone wrote about it a while back, saying how it is a car for which you require sharp reflexes. "A car for us GT Masters only", by which he means to race effectively. However, the road surface seems to be better in quality than in Red Rock Valley, and there are no gravel pits...

I say, "If you can keep it facing the right direction, you have a winner."

Yeah, the Espace has loads of power though. It would eat the GT1s for dinner for sure if you can keep it pointed in the right direction! :nervous: Sucahyo managed to win the GT World Cup awhile back in an Espace on NORMAL tires! Even I am not crazy enough to attempt this!

Offtopic:
Why the replay is cut on 39th lap?.. Is it a glitch, or GT2 cannot record enduros?..

Your replay went 39 laps? Damn, I think mine cut off at 12! :mad:

It's not a glitch, it's just the PS1 (again) only has so much processing power, so the replay gets cut off. This happens for all the GT3 & 4 enduros, too. It pisses me off sometimes...I'll do some cool **** in the middle of an enduro (like perfect slides, drifts, or duels between multiple cars) after I've got my groove on. And most of this doesn't get recorded in the replay! :irked:

Last edited:
Ah yes, here's my prize:
ce00ee00895e.jpg
Want another idea? Take this car to the 2 hours of Rome enduro and take on the GT40's. I did it some time ago...there's half a race report laying around the forum somewhere. I'll see if I can dig it up and post it here.

LATER: Found it.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2740385&postcount=14

The server wouldn't let me post the other half because it logged me out for inactivity. I think I've still got the replay, though.... If anyone wants, I'll watch it again and post the other half.

Yes, please do. It was a very interesting report...

OK, but I have to apologize in advance. I've got a really busy week , and the soonest I'll be able to get to it is Friday. I'll start a new thread and stick it in. Again, I apologize for the delay.

Latest Posts

Back