Formula GT: The Pacific Grand Prix

• Thread starter Earth
  • 184 comments

Where Should Next Season's Pacific Grand Prix be held?

• Fuji Speedway 2005

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Suzuka

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Tokyo R246

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Twin Ring Motegi - Roadcourse

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
GTP_Royalton
pacificgpfinished.jpg

trackmap2.jpg

Race Specific Rule:

• You are not allowed to drive below the white line. The only excuse to go below the white is in the event of an accident/mistake and entering or exiting pits. Going below the white line during qualifying is strictly prohibited.

WhitleLineRule11.jpg

Touching The Line is OK. Going any further below it is not.

NOTICE: ASM is illegal in all sessions. TCS is optional.
NOTICE: There is no penalty for contact during Formula GT races, but try and stay clean.
NOTICE: Contact with the wall or getting more than 2 tires off course during a qualifying lap makes that lap illegal.

Qualifying Session

*Arcade Mode - Time Trial - Twin Ring Motegi SuperSpeedway
*Japan - Polyphony Digital - Formula GT - +1HP 900HP 550KG
*Send Split Times and Total Lap Time to Earth
*Time Due November 18th before midnight your local time
*NOTICE: Failure to include split times will result in the driver receiving no credit for pole position

The Race

*Arcade Mode - Single Race - Twin Ring Motegi SuperSpeedway
*Japan - Polyphonty Digital - Formula GT - +1HP 900HP 550KG
* AI Difficulty is up to you
*Send in the following:
*Total Time:
*Fast Lap:
*Time Due November 25th before midnight your local time

The Start Of A New Season
Written by: ED
Motegi, Japan – 11/11/2007

FormulaGTSeason2.jpg

Who is going to have their flag raised atop the podium here at the Pacific Grand Prix? Who is going to finish the Gran Turismo Grand Prix as World Driving Champion? These questions are already beginning to be asked. But who really knows? There are favorites, of course. Defending Driving Champion RACECAR returns this year, with a new team, Silver Arrows. Ironicly it's the same team his biggest rival for the Championship, Blake, drove for last season.

Both RACECAR and Blake have unproven teammates. Eagle hasn't turned a lap in a Grand Prix yet, and Earth failed to impress throughout most of last season.

You have to wonder who is going to emerge as the darkhorse. Blake, RACECAR, Earth, and danny12 are the 4 drivers returning, so we have an idea of what they can do, but what about the 10 new rookies? It's nearly impossible to pick one of the 10, and the picture may not be any clearer after the opening round here at Twin Ring Motegi, because as everyone knows, Twin Ring Motegi is the only oval circuit on the calendar.

In what is easily the biggest shocker so far this season, Formula GT management decided to have Twin Ring Motegi SuperSpeedway host the Pacific Grand Prix. An oval race? Surely that's not what Grand Prix racing is about. But gold and silver speak louder then tradition, and with the first oval race ever in Formula GT expected to peak interest in the series across the world, how can you say the decision was wrong? Most likely the race will end up being the first and last of it's kind, and every team and driver participating should feel a little warm inside that they were part of history.

Oval Racing is not easy, as some will find out the hard way. There have been several big accidents in testing, with alot the incidents involving top drivers in the surprising difficult turns 3 and 4. The drivers will find that there is a very fine balance in these cars, and nothing tests the balance more then taking turns 3 and 4 at 190mph plus. At 50 laps this could end up being the longest race time wise on the calendar. Physical conditioning could play a factor in the outcome of the race.

However, most Formula GT drivers loathe oval racing, some even say the Pacific Grand Prix is a 'throw away' round that doesn't really matter, as the results won't matter much because if you do well on one oval that doesn't mean you will do well on the six other roadcourses on the schedule.

While they do make some valid points, there are certain realities they should take into account. The Formula GT schedule is comprised of just 7 rounds. If you 'throw away' one round you've just thrown away 15% of your season. Formula 1 drivers simply cannot afford to wait until the European season begins anymore. The same applies to Formula GT. Maybe last season you could 'throw away' a round but not this season. The talent is stacked this season with almost every driver having a teammate. Gone are the days of running over 2 or 3 backmarkers. In today's Formula GT if you have a bad weekend you finish out of the points, not fourth.

If the Pacific Grand Prix is so important, what are keys to winning there? Well the key to winning at the Super Speedway is the same key to winning on every oval. Strategy. Oval racing requires more strategy then any other form of racing. This is because the speeds are so equal and the lap times are so short and the tire wear is usually very high. All of that is true of Twin Ring Motegi. A savvy driver must search for every possible advantage (within the rules of course) when the differences of lap times usually average less then a tenth of a second. Nothing must be overlooked, every strategy must be tested. Strategy. You can't say it enough when talking about oval racing. The driver who has his flag raised atop the podium will most likely be the smartest, not the fastest.

Host Of Next Season's Pacific Grand Prix Narrowed Down

AndThenThereWereFour.jpg

Unsurprisingly Suzuka and the Twin Ring Motegi Road Course received bids for next season's Pacific Grand Prix. There were surprises, however. Twin Ring Motegi Super Speedway did not receive a bid for next year's Pacific Grand Prix. It seems to be one and done concerning oval racing in Formula GT. Some are already speculating if the race at SuperSpeedway was nothing more then a Trojan horse to snare oval racing fans from the United States.

Also surprising was Tokyo R246. The track hasn't hosted it's first Grand Prix yet but it has already received a bid to host next year's Pacific Grand Prix. While testing at the track has been positive one must wonder how much Formula GT is allowing the financial benefits of a major automobile race through Tokyo to sway their decisions.

You may ask, "What about Fuji Speedway 80s and 90s?" Formula GT deemed the two tracks not up to Formula GT's standards.

"The two courses are fabulous, fast tracks, but the tracks' surface were too old, and the level of grip just wasn't there. The Formula GT cars are just too fast for old surfaces. Testing proved this as several cars had high speed spin outs due to sudden loss of grip.

"However we are pleased to announce with a new track surface and layout Fuji Speedway 2005 has earned a bid for next year's Pacific Grand Prix. We have tested there and the feedback from the drivers was overwhelmingly positive," said a Formula GT spokesman.

Some Rules Make You Wonder If $ Is Involved

Slackersstayawayfrommyseries.jpg

Running a racing series is by no means easy work. It's comparable to a second job. You have work that has to be done before deadlines. And if you don't deliver you leave alot of people dissappointed. Noone knows this better then Formula GT. But what about the drivers? Do the drivers owe the host of their racing series anything?

It's not uncommon to see racing series have rules that punish drivers for being inconsistant or missing qualifying. But what if the host misses a deadline and doesn't post the results at the promised time? Should he be punished? You could make a case.

In the end I'm writing this out of dissappointment with some racing series. Some hosts lack empathy. We love racing and competition, but there is life outisde of racing. To the best of my knowledge the hosts don't pay the drivers to drive in their series, so why do they get so upset when they don't show up every week for 20 weeks straight? Sadly, hosts usually fail their drivers as much as the drivers fail the host.

I'm hoping this disturbing trend will stop. It's quite obvious that the drivers, or even the best of hosts, may have to leave for a long time. This should be expected and accepted. Until money is involved can we lay off the strict rules and just race?

This Sushi is quite good by the way.

Rumor Mill: Engine Manufacturer Battle On The Way?
Dearborn, Michigan USA– 11/13/2007

MOTOR.jpg

For it's first and second season Formula GT is using a spec chassis and spec engines, both supplied by Polyphony Digital of Japan, but there are reports, and these reports are still labeled as only high grade rumor, that within the next few weeks perhaps even at the German Grand Prix, Formula GT will announce a new engine formula, and that these engines would be non-turbocharged and would follow a 3.0 liter formula. What's even more noteworthy is that the new rumored engine formula would allow for various numbers of cylinders, which can only mean manufacturers outside of Polyphony Digital will be building the engines for next year's cars. However, Polyphony Digital is expected to continue to build the spec chassis.

There are several obvious reasons why Formula GT is doing this. The first being the speeds the cars are now reaching. Practice times at Twin Ring Motegi have been well below the track record. Another obvious reason for the move is to allow manufacturers to have creative access to the most competitive form of motorsport on the planet. Not only will what they learn transfer to everyday applications, but there is also alot of bragging rights to be won. More so, Polyphony Digital has had trouble meeting supply to all 7 teams, giving Formula GT even more of a reason to branch out.

This rumor also suggests, as you would expect, that building a larger engine may mean more power, but at the same time more weight, and vice versa with a smaller engine, less power but less weight.

Who the manufacturers are we don't know yet, but several are expected to sign a contract before the season ends. I also happen to be in the city next to the headquarters of a certain automobile giant where the first signing is expected to take place behind closed doors.

Bee Suffers Heavy Crash In Practice
Written by: Bee
Motegi, Japan – 11/14/2007

security.jpg

Mellow Yellow racer Bee hit the headlines for all the wrong reasons this evening as he suffered a huge 300km/h crash going into Turn 3 of the Motegi Super Speedway. The Brit who will be taking part in his first FGT race in Japan managed to climb out of the wreckage before being taken away by medical staff to the midfield medical centre where he passed all checks. We caught up with him as he tried to relax in the team's motorhome.

"Big crash there, how are you feeling?"

"Yeah wasn't the softest crash I've had. Basically it has summed up my day, the car is so unstable through that corner it was sometimes frightening to enter it. We've tried a number of set ups but I just can't seem to nail it."

"And your 100% ready for Qualifying?"

"Yeah I'm fine, the safety cell did it's job and I was able to climb out with ease. I just hope the guys can fix the car in time for the session, it really is a race against time."

"Thanks and good luck"

The Battle Is On
Written by: RACECAR
Motegi, Japan – 11/18/2007

Practice1.jpg

"The season has only just begun and practice looks to potentially be a prelude to what could be the most hotly contested season of Formula GT yet. The entire field is seperated only by fractions of a second and the top five are even closer. A most notable shock is that it includes three of the ten new rookies in just their very first Formula GT season followed by two of the returning veterans.

"Leading the way is GT4 Defistation folowed by Pepe13 and jump_ace in first, second, and third, While returning drivers Earth and Defending champion RACECAR appear to be the only GT veterans to contend with fourth and fifth places respectively. With qualifying now in sight, The race is shaping up to be one of the most competitive ever and could set the tone for the rest of what could be a very competitive season."

Qualifying Has Top 5 Seperated By Less Than One Tenth
Motegi, Japan – 11/20/2007

poleposition.jpg

These are your top 3 qualifiers for the Pacific Grand Prix, GT4 defistation of Renault F1, Blake of Ferrari, and Pepe13 of Honda.

Q: GT4 defistation, supreme lap. How did you do it?

"Keeped calm and noticed where I needed to get faster and I felt pretty happy after that."

Q: How comfortable are you in race trim?

"Not very, this track is very hard considering all the little spins you get every 15 laps or so."

Moving on to the second place qualifier, Blake.

Q: Blake you missed out on pole position by just 7 thousandths of a second. You must be dissappointed.

"I’m not disappointed, I think 2nd is a great result. Much higher than I expected to be at the start of the week.

"We’ve dialled the car in over the week, though, and it is a bit frustrating to think that if I’d held the car an inch lower through turns 1 and 2 and I probably could have gotten pole. That’s racing, though, and I’m happy with my lap."

Q: How is the car handling in race trim?

"It’s getting better, but there’s still some oversteer at certain stages of a stint, which is obviously not ideal. I think we have our strategy sorted, but we’ve got a few more things to try out in the warmup.

"I’m looking forward to getting this round out of the way, to be honest. It’s been interesting, but I’m not sure about the reception it will get from the fans back in Europe. Hopefully I can get a podium and some good points for the championship…"

Moving on to the third place qualifier, Pepe13

Q: Pepe13 19 thousandths of a second from pole position for your first Grand Prix. Are you dissappointed you didn't get pole or are you happy to be 3rd?

"On my very first Grand Prix, I'm very pleased with the podium of course, but these thousandth are disturb me..."

Q: It's going to be a long, tough, 50 lap race, are you physically and mentally fit to deal with the demands of high speed oval racing?

"I'll try to do my best!
I need to concentrate hard, but I'm gonna win the race!"

Back to GT4 defistation,

Q: Have you worked out a strategy for the race yet?

"Ya pretty much. Still need to work on the correct racing line."

Q: Do you expect traffic to be a problem?

"Yes and no, the traffic gives you help by drafting and get faster times to improve your total time. The traffic also hurts because if your passing them on the outside coming into turn 3&4 and you didnt pass him your car gets sideways and he helps you out to spin(referring to what happened to me first time I ran the race)."

Thank you for your time gentlemen

So there you have it, one of the, if not the closest qualifying battle ever. You will be hard pressed to find a qualifying battle closer then this one. GT4 defistation's fast lap of 25.392 edges Blake's fastest of 25.399, a margin of only 7 one thousandths of a second. Third was Pepe13 in the Honda team, just 18 thousandths of a second back.

One of the strong points of oval racing is the close racing it produces, and so far we have not been dissappointed. Hopefully the race will end up being just as close.

There weren't many surprises in qualifying, the drivers at the top of the practice charts qualified up front for the most part. However there were dissappointments.

In the second Ferrari Eagle managed only 9th, and Silver Arrow's RACECAR had by far his worst qualifying performance ever in Formula GT, finishing the session 8th.

Bee has struggled with the handling of the car ever since they unloaded it. The other Mellow Yellow Driver, appie17, did not particpate in qualifying for unknown reasons. Maybe the team did not want to risk crashing another car in qualifying?

Dumkopf managed sixth on the grid, but teammate danny12 struggled in qualifying trim. Maybe dumkopf can share some driving or technical secrets with danny12 to help him get up to speed.

One team that has raised eyebrows is the Honda team. Less then 24 hours after earning pole position in the Super GT series jump_ace qualifies 5th for his first Grand Prix, starting directly behind teammate Pepe13. Though it is rather early in the season, the Honda team has been the most impressive.

UDO, the only single car team in the series, shouldn't be too concerned with Famine's 10th place qualification, as the driver had very limited practice time.

Mobius F1's superberkut qualified a solid 7th, but missing was his teammate ceiling_fan who had turned competitive laps in practice.

Overall this was a very good qualifying session, with 12 of the 15 drivers particpating. This is the first (and perhaps last) oval race in Formula GT's history with numerous rookies, so noone is sure what to expect, but we can only hope the race matches the excitement of qualifying.

If You Want To Submit An Article About Anything Pertaining to Formula GT or Online Racing In General send me a PM with the article and a subject

Free Practice
Practice times are determined by your last split time in a qualifying run

November 12 - November 18

Session Status:
checkeredflag.jpg

ONE.jpg
13.542 -
USsmall.jpg
GT4 defistation
TWO.jpg
13.563 -
HungaryS.jpg
Pepe13
THREE.jpg
13.566 -
australiasmall-1.jpg
Blake
FOUR.jpg
13.571 -
USsmall.jpg
jump_ace
FIVE.jpg
13.588 -
CanadaSmall.jpg
superberkut
SIX.jpg
13.595 -
USsmall.jpg
RACECAR
SEVEN.jpg
13.623 -
USsmall.jpg
Earth
EIGHT.jpg
13.625 -
USsmall.jpg
dumkopf
NINE.jpg
13.657 -
USsmall.jpg
ceiling_fan
TEN.jpg
13.665 -
australiasmall-1.jpg
Eagle
ELEVEN.jpg
13.676 -
USsmall.jpg
Loon
TWELVE.jpg
13.717 -
NetherlandsS.jpg
appie17
THIRTEEN.jpg
13.743 -
GBFLAGSMALL.jpg
Famine
fourteen.jpg
13.820 -
GBFLAGSMALL.jpg
Bee

Qualifying

November 19

Session Status:
checkeredflag.jpg

ONE.jpg
GT4 defistation
USsmall.jpg
WHITE-GREEN-REDFIXSMALL.jpg

TWO.jpg
Blake
australiasmall-1.jpg
25.399 (+.007)
REDFIXSMALL.jpg

THREE.jpg
Pepe13
HungaryS.jpg
25.410 (+.018)
BLUEFIXSMALL.jpg

FOUR.jpg
Earth
USsmall.jpg
25.468 (+.076)
SILVER-BLACKFIXSMALL.jpg

FIVE.jpg
jump_ace
USsmall.jpg
25.479 (+.087)
BLUEFIXSMALL.jpg

SIX.jpg
dumkopf
USsmall.jpg
25.507 (+.115)
GREEN-YELLOWFIXSMALL.jpg

SEVEN.jpg
superberkut
CanadaSmall.jpg
25.536 (+.144)
WHITE-BLUEFIXSMALL.jpg

EIGHT.jpg
RACECAR
USsmall.jpg
25.541 (+.149)
SILVER-BLACKFIXSMALL.jpg

NINE.jpg
Eagle
australiasmall-1.jpg
25.632 (+.240)
REDFIXSMALL.jpg

TEN.jpg
Famine
GBFLAGSMALL.jpg
25.768 (+.376)
ORANGEFIXSMALL.jpg

ELEVEN.jpg
danny12
puertoricoflagsmall.jpg
26.353 (+.961)
GREEN-YELLOWFIXSMALL.jpg

TWELVE.jpg
Bee
GBFLAGSMALL.jpg
26.780 (+1.388)
YELLOW-BLACKFIXSMALL.jpg

Race Warmup
Warmup times are determined by your best time at the last split DURING THE RACE

November 20-25

Session Status:
checkeredflag.jpg

ONE.jpg
12.866 -
australiasmall-1.jpg
Blake
TWO.jpg
12.919 -
USsmall.jpg
GT4 defistation
THREE.jpg
13.406 -
USsmall.jpg
Earth

Pacific Grand Prix

November 26

Session Status:
checkeredflag.jpg

ONE.jpg
22'25.784
australiasmall-1.jpg
Blake
TWO.jpg
22'48.425
australiasmall-1.jpg
Eagle
THREE.jpg
23'01.938
USsmall.jpg
Earth
FOUR.jpg
23'09.459
USsmall.jpg
jump_ace
FIVE.jpg
23'26.663
australiasmall-1.jpg
Casio
SIX.jpg
23'40.005
USsmall.jpg
GT4 defistation
SEVEN.jpg
23'45.879
HungaryS.jpg
Pepe13
EIGHT.jpg
23'46.604
CanadaSmall.jpg
superberkut
NINE.jpg
24'34.493
USsmall.jpg
dumkopf
TEN.jpg
26'18.393
puertoricoflagsmall.jpg
danny12

Fastest Lap:
USsmall.jpg
GT4 defistation

GREENFLAG.jpg
= Session is Active
YELLOWFLAG.jpg
= Session is delayed or slowed
REDFLAG.jpg
= Session is stopped
checkeredflag.jpg
= Session is finished

========================================

So we can send you Qualifying times all the way till the 19th, then we show you our final time? Is that what the Free Practice and Qualifying is for? Showing the times that have been done but not showing whose they are?

Driving Championship

1. 10 -
australiasmall-1.jpg
Blake

2. 08 -
australiasmall-1.jpg
Eagle

3. 06 -
USsmall.jpg
Earth

4. 05 -
USsmall.jpg
jump_ace

5. 04 -
australiasmall-1.jpg
Casio

5. 04 -
USsmall.jpg
GT4 Defistation

7. 02 -
HungaryS.jpg
Pepe13

8. 01 -
CanadaSmall.jpg
Superberkut

9. 00 -
NetherlandsS.jpg
appie17

9. 00 -
puertoricoflagsmall.jpg
danny12

9. 00 -
GBFLAGSMALL.jpg
Bee

9. 00 -
GBFLAGSMALL.jpg
Famine

9. 00 -
USsmall.jpg
RACECAR

9. 00 -
USsmall.jpg
Loon

9. 00 -
USsmall.jpg
ceiling_fan

9. 00 -
USsmall.jpg
dumkopf

Team Championship

1. 18 - Ferrari

2. 07 - Honda

3. 06 - Silver Arrows

4. 04 - Renault F1

2. 01 - Mobius F1

2. 00 - Lotus F1

2. 00 - Mellow Yellow

2. 00 - UDO

Nation Championship

1. 22 -
australiasmall-1.jpg

2. 15 -
USsmall.jpg

3. 02 -
HungaryS.jpg

4. 01 -
CanadaSmall.jpg

5. 00 -
NetherlandsS.jpg

5. 00 -
GBFLAGSMALL.jpg

5. 00 -
puertoricoflagsmall.jpg

You may have noticed that drivers like to share their qualifying split times with others. For example I may create a post and say My best splits so far in qualifying are

The 49.343, or final split time, would be considered a practice time and would be added to the leaderboard.

Qualifying split times and total lap time ARE due November 18th before midnight your local time so I can post the results Live November 19th @ 2100 GMT.

Race Warmup times are determined by your best time at the last split DURING THE RACE.

For example if my best lap time of the race was 1'20.000 I would look at the replay of the lap and record the final split of my best lap, lets say its 50.000, and post it here and it would be added to the Race Warmup leaderboard to give you an idea of what times guys are doing on race tires

Heh, you put a lot of effort into this. Nice job. +rep :)👍

Heh, you put a lot of effort into this. Nice job. +rep :)👍

He did indeed. Even throwing in a guilt trip for us! :dopey: I'm excited.

I would have voted for Fuji if it were the GT version. I don't like the chicane. So i voted Suzuka! 👍

Definitely worth a click on the tick, nice stuff.

Keep voting Suzuka people, you know you want to.

NEW SPLIT Since Earth wouldn't see it otherwise.

I didn't think I'd be giving RACECAR a run for his money.

I'll be starting tonight after work, good luck everyone! :)

Quick split

I did about 20 laps (my poor thumbs!). Nothing special. My first time out, I got a nice drift in 3/4.

EDIT:As a sidenote, I love the FGT in British Racing Green. Wish the lines of yellow weren't so wide it would look great like that.

Wow that's a pretty fast time. I tried going below the white to see if I could get close to it but still couldn't get within half a second.

Definitely worth a click on the tick, nice stuff.

Keep voting Suzuka people, you know you want to.

Yea yea! Suzuka, I voted Suzuka, now its your turn...yes you!

Earth, I would think if he is a half second faster, try changing the tranny around a little, see where you may be losing time and if possible try to use no brakes or just lift to point the car, but I have yet to try it.....just a thought

Jerome

Wow that's a pretty fast time. I tried going below the white to see if I could get close to it but still couldn't get within half a second.

WHOA! Did I really put that?! Let's just say I was slightly inebriated :yuck: when I read that time. Remember kids, alcohol in high amounts is BAD. Also, I checked that replay (surprised that I saved it in my drunken stupor) and that lap is invalid. So I ran some non DUI laps, and I hit a 13.629.

Please don't hold that against me earth. I swear I didn't mean to put a 13.0! :scared:

Right this race is gonna be so much fun with my DS2..

First split: 14.126

Got some work to do me thinks..

What tires are y'all using to qualify with? Does it matter?

EDIT: Quick run with my best split of 13.676.

Going to try this tommorow. I honestly think oval tracks are some what boring. Take for instance Daytona. Just going around in circles, very repetitive. But putting in a F1 car gives this series a twist. This track to me is really easy considering i did the 150 mile endurance race here a couple days ago. Just to smell the scent of burning rubber and smoke is what gets me up in the morning:cheers:.

What tires are y'all using to qualify with? Does it matter?

The tires are all identical no matter what you select they will all be 'mediums' and the lap times will be the same, not so fun when it comes to tire strategy but at least were all in the same boat, eh?

I ran about 30 laps and using the correct HP I could only manage a 13.530 with a good line. I then bumped my HP up 20% and managed a 12.963, I don't see how dumkopf is a whole half second ahead of everyone. We are running the HP at +1 and weight at 0% right?

Jerome

The tires are all identical no matter what you select they will all be 'mediums' and the lap times will be the same, not so fun when it comes to tire strategy but at least were all in the same boat, eh?

I ran about 30 laps and using the correct HP I could only manage a 13.530 with a good line. I then bumped my HP up 20% and managed a 12.963, I don't see how dumkopf is a whole half second ahead of everyone. We are running the HP at +1 and weight at 0% right?

Jerome

Ahhh, I knew you couldn't change tires in sim mode, but I thought, since the game asks which set we want, that you could have different ones put on in arcade.

Oh well, I do like it this way better though. I'd hate for the entires series be hinged on choosing the right set of tires.

EDIT:@JumpAce- He isn't, he made a mistake cause he was apparently drunk when he wrote in his time. His real time is 13.629

I see, okay I've done that one a few times...mixing up lap splits not necessarily the getting drunk part...............

Jerome

Jerome

Can I get a confirmation that the 530 was a clean split? I can't seem to tell by how you posted it that's all.

My personal best is a .63x but it wasn't on my fastest lap. The .672 was the split on my fastest lap. Turns 3 and 4 are so difficult to get just right. We're not dealing with tenths of seconds here. We're dealing one hundredths of a second

I see, okay I've done that one a few times...mixing up lap splits not necessarily the getting drunk part...............

Jerome

Believe me it's not fun the morning after.

In any case, who tied it up between Suzuka and Fuji? Fuji 2005, IMO is :yuck:. 2005 GT is much better. The chicane just ruins it for me. I mean for goodness sake it's in a high speed section! Why would a chicane be in such a place? Granted, I like the 80's version the best. Modern or not, I'll take high speed sweepers over tight left-rights any day.

Can I get a confirmation that the 530 was a clean split? I can't seem to tell by how you posted it that's all.

My personal best is a .63x but it wasn't on my fastest lap. The .672 was the split on my fastest lap. Turns 3 and 4 are so difficult to get just right. We're not dealing with tenths of seconds here. We're dealing one hundredths of a second

Same here. My quickest splits were on not so hot laps. You have to absolutely get 3 and 4 right every single time or else you screw up the next lap too.

The 13.5 was with 2 tires below the white, I forgot I can't go there :( But.....
Fastest split is :13.623, submitting now before I need reconstructive surgery. I did manage a 13.609, but the end sucked and I actually managed the last turn with no squealing tires for once, so I guess someone can have the remaining .02 or so.

Jerome

did a 13.717 and its hard to drive with the SIXAXIS controller. I had to adjust my driving style for it and i know that i can do better than that:)

This one will be the second hardest combo of the season next to the ring imho because of its twitchyness at high speeds, its far too easy to oversteer her :guilty:
Broke out the wheel and got myself a :13.598 with the exact same finish as before, lol. I have seen a few :13.591's but that is it.

Jerome

I just got a 13.448 but screwed up 3/4 so bad I wound up in the pit lane. :lol:

I hate to question the drivers but did you keep the car above the white line?

So far I've only used the SIXAXIS and I'm starting to get a hang of it. New fast split is 13.625. I'm also learning how to get through 3 and 4 much more consistantly. I even took a few pointers from NASCAR qualifying at Daytona and Talladega. Anyone who watches NASCAR knows what they do on their first lap of qualifying on a restrictor plate track. I'm trying that here and it does give you that extra advantage.

I have an idea of what the pole time will be, and if I can break a certain barrier I'll be happy

Some FYI: The real lap record here is 27.7 set by
EnglandS.jpg
Dan Wheldon in an Indy Racing League car

I hate to question the drivers but did you keep the car above the white line?

So far I've only used the SIXAXIS and I'm starting to get a hang of it. New fast split is 13.625. I'm also learning how to get through 3 and 4 much more consistantly. I even took a few pointers from NASCAR qualifying at Daytona and Talladega. Anyone who watches NASCAR knows what they do on their first lap of qualifying on a restrictor plate track. I'm trying that here and it does give you that extra advantage.

I have an idea of what the pole time will be, and if I can break a certain barrier I'll be happy

SIXAXIS huh? Never heard of it. Jeez the times are tumbling, I'm scared! :nervous:

Back