RVV Motor Works - White Knight - 10/02/10

I haven't played around much with the A yet - didn't seem like it would tune out to be quite as powerful. I may check it out tonight though now that it's on my mind - I bet it's lighter.

Strangely, I somewhat doubt it being lighter by much. The L10A and L10B motors are going to be the same weight, and the car they're strapped into is the same as well.

Just tested the theory - the L10A is lighter by 20kg stock (940 vs. 960), and fully lightened, the L10A is 855kg vs. 873 for the L10B. To boot, since you win the L10A unregistered, it's got an extra 5 horses over the B (251 vs. 246). About to take it for a spin!

I'm guessing it's lighter due to being older - the overwhelming rule is that as a car gets older, even within the same generation, it gets heavier as the manufacturer finds more and more luxo-crap features to shove in it.

<edit> My GOD it's ugly with a wing. <second edit> And FANTASTIC!

Back from Morocco, Vince reports: Man! Africa is crazy... All they drive there are old school benzes and frenchies, and how! You have to be careful not to hit a scooter or donkey..
It was fun, though,

Anyway, back to the thread:
Ahh, gotta love old school!

The old Cosmos aren't the same car while they may look like such. The L10B is longer - take a closer look and you'll see it. The rear wheels are much further back, making for a 150mm longer wheelbase and more balanced looks. It also has power brakes and a five gear gearbox, combined to the length those easily make the 20 kg that differentiate the models.

Lol, I hope he does! I heard you can import Skylines from the UK. Don't know if it's worth it, but considering it's Greycap we're talking about, I think it is.

Superbird-banner.jpg

Parts List
Racing Exhaust
Racing Chip
Supercharger
Port Polish
Carbon Fiber Driveshaft
R3 Tires
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
FC Suspension
FC Transmission
Triple-plate clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Stage 3 Weight Reduction

Straight Line Performance and other specs:

0-60: Too busy modulating throttle
0-100: 8.88 seconds, traction limited
1/4 mile: 12.972 @ 135mph
0-150: 15.533 seconds
0-150-0: 19.550 seconds

Curb Weight: 1496kg (3291 lbs)

The Setup

SUSPENSION:
--------------------------------------------------------------
Spring Rate:-------8.0/6.0
Ride Height:-------110/110
Shock Bound:-----3/2
Shock Rebound:--4/3
Camber:-----------2.3/1.8
Toe:----------------0/0
Stabilizers:--------2/3
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Transmission:
Final to 5.500, auto set to 18, then set ratios and final.
Ratios are [2.000/1.370/1.000/0.775/0.650/0.530]
Final of 3.080.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

LSD/Downforce and others:
LSD: 7/58/40

Brake Balance: 3/9

Downforce: None

Aids: None at all

Ballast: 40kg, placed at 50 (full rear).
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes: We took an all-original 1970 Superbird Roadrunner... And modified the hell out of it. The original 426 was placed in the corner of the shop, and replaced by another 426 Hemi, but this one was much, much stronger (And based on a Race Hemi, not a Street Hemi). The internals were balanced, the already monster Race Hemi heads were ported... Compression was actually raised a little... Then we bolted a blower on. The result makes children cry it's so damn loud, and kills any tires you want to hook up to the rear axle. Which, of course, is a modified Dana 60, beefed up to handle 2000+ ft-lbs of torque, but is also cut up a bit to provide 1.8 degrees of negative camber to each side. However, we don't have the power to get away with a single-speed, so we still have to have a transmission. So there's a custom-built 6-speed with extremely wide ratios, as this car is meant to go fast.

Front suspension consists of a custom unequal-length double wishbone setup, sprung with adjustable coilovers, and the rear sees coilovers in use again, with a 4-link and panhard bar providing location.

Traction is severely limited in 1st, and as such, the 0-60, 0-100 and 1/4 mile times suffer. To try and help combat that, we dropped 40kg of ballast in the trunk, but it didn't do much. Top speed sits in excess of 200mph, and the car will hit 150 quicker than any production supercar in the world.

Tires are, as with Mark's Chevelle, 325/50/R15 road race slicks.

For such a fast car, this thing took a dang long time to brew up; and I personally apologize for that.

Superbird-banner.jpg

Parts List
Racing Exhaust
Racing Chip
Supercharger
Port Polish
Carbon Fiber Driveshaft
R3 Tires
Racing Brakes
Brake Balance Controller
FC Suspension
FC Transmission
Triple-plate clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Stage 3 Weight Reduction

Straight Line Performance and other specs:

0-60: Too busy modulating throttle
0-100: 8.88 seconds, traction limited
1/4 mile: 12.972 @ 135mph
0-150: 15.533 seconds
0-150-0: 19.550 seconds

Curb Weight: 1496kg (3291 lbs)

The Setup

SUSPENSION:
--------------------------------------------------------------
Spring Rate:-------8.0/6.0
Ride Height:-------110/110
Shock Bound:-----3/2
Shock Rebound:--4/3
Camber:-----------2.3/1.8
Toe:----------------0/0
Stabilizers:--------2/3

Transmission:
Final to 5.500, auto set to 18, then set ratios and final.
Ratios are [2.000/1.370/1.000/0.775/0.650/0.530]
Final of 3.080.

LSD/Downforce and others:
LSD: 7/58/40

Brake Balance: 3/9

Downforce: None

Aids: None at all

Ballast: 40kg, placed at 50 (full rear).
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes: We took an all-original 1970 Superbird Roadrunner... And modified the hell out of it. The original 426 was placed in the corner of the shop, and replaced by another 426 Hemi, but this one was much, much stronger (And based on a Race Hemi, not a Street Hemi). The internals were balanced, the already monster Race Hemi heads were ported... Compression was actually raised a little... Then we bolted a blower on. The result makes children cry it's so damn loud, and kills any tires you want to hook up to the rear axle. Which, of course, is a modified Dana 60, beefed up to handle 2000+ ft-lbs of torque, but is also cut up a bit to provide 1.8 degrees of negative camber to each side. However, we don't have the power to get away with a single-speed, so we still have to have a transmission. So there's a custom-built 6-speed with extremely wide ratios, as this car is meant to go fast.

Front suspension consists of a custom unequal-length double wishbone setup, sprung with adjustable coilovers, and the rear sees coilovers in use again, with a 4-link and panhard bar providing location.

Traction is severely limited in 1st, and as such, the 0-60, 0-100 and 1/4 mile times suffer. To try and help combat that, we dropped 40kg of ballast in the trunk, but it didn't do much. Top speed sits in excess of 200mph, and the car will hit 150 quicker than any production supercar in the world.

Tires are, as with Mark's Chevelle, 325/50/R15 road race slicks.

For such a fast car, this thing took a dang long time to brew up; and I personally apologize for that.

No problems, RJ, glad to see her done! I'll be testing it out TONIGHT

Hang on did I miss something? An M3 may be very interesting if you make it public. Is your new member MustangGT90210 ? Had to ask :sly:

Hang on did I miss something? An M3 may be very interesting if you make it public. Is your new member MustangGT90210 ? Had to ask :sly:

Wow. That makes me feel like I have a reputation! 👍
Yeah, not me. I can't tune up to par with people here.
I have a lot of stuff left to learn about the suspension, when I learn that, I may try some stuff.​

You'll learn very quickly as you get involved, like I did GT90210, like your new avatar too, very nifty. Anyone who is getting involved with GTP gets some sort of reputation I think and you've been doing a fair bit, which we thank you for. So now we wait for RRV's new cars.;)

Vince: I wanted to try out your Mini settings, but there is a problem: The weight is listed as 1019 kg, which is the weight brought by the Stage 2 Diet. However, your parts list says to buy Diet Stage 3, which yields a car which weighs 985 kg. Which one is it?

Ok, I guess it's official. I'm the new member.

I've got my 2000GT that's still being tailored and I'm trying to wrangle that Jaguar into submission. Tunes will be posted shortly. :)

Yes, it was official a few days ago now :sly: Congratulations, I hope they're paying you heaps ;) Other than those 2 muscle cars, RRV hasn't had many tunes of late, if your new ones are ones I like, than I may be around to test some, especially as I already have the old 2KGT of yours, just change the settings I will.

Lexus IS-X Review
Ack, budget cars. This car works really well at Nurburgring. It has no understeer under accleration and a hint of oversteer. The car glides over bumps with ease, and can easily be brought back from a power slide. The brakes are a little underdone (because they are standard!) and you will understeer a little while braking. Overall though it isn't much of an improvement over standard at all because only a few minor suspension changes have been made on it. I recommend going back and spending more money on this one. It could take both more power and a lot better handling through use of race brakes/brake balance controller, and suspension/lsd. In present trim it does make a good drifter though.......

Now, *cough, SL65, cough*

M3-GTR-banner.jpg

A Story of a ///M3 GTR.

MarkF4E had written us at RRV, as we were named back then, a wonderful pair of reviews. In return, he liked to receive a well setup Chevelle 454 and a M3 GTR, one being not really my piece of cake, the other was. So RJ happily applied for the Chevelle and I got to work on the M3 GTR.

Okay, so you've got a request. Now let's have a deeper look at the car of subject:
BMW M3 GTR
4l V8 DOHC
374 HP stock vs. 392 HP tuned @ 7k RPM
390 Nm stock vs. 400 Nm tuned @ 4.5k RPM
1350 kg stock vs. 1228 tuned, with only a stage 1 weight reduction, and a FR layout.
Could be won with winning the 'Club M' at the dealership.

Stock the car is well balanced, having a fair turn in. But still, for a M badge it seemed a bit dull. it had a decent WPR of 3.6, considering the other M3 cars have them around 3.85 (M3 CSL) and 4.6 (M3) and with the tuned version the WPR is brought down to 3.1. This 'dullness' can be easily solved with the so called 'tranny trick' and weight reduction(s), letting the car put the power down like it is meant to be put down.

Parts(for now):

Brake Balance Controller
Racing Chip
FC transmission
Triple Clutch & Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
RC Suspension
Weight reduction stage 1(130 kg for 1.2k!).

Settings:

BBC: 5/6 or 6/6, but I prefer more breathing room for steering while braking(first).

After fiddling with the Transmission, I came up with this for Suzuka Circuit:

Final to 5.500
Auto to 1
1st: 2.980
2nd: 2.180
3rd: 1.680
4th: 1.330
5th: 1.100
6th: 0.950
Final to 3.850*

* this depends on the length of the longest stretch of the circuit you're driving, While this setting, the 3.850 seemed very capable on Suzuka and Grand Valley Speedway as well, which quite surprised me at first.

Suspension:
Springs: 11.0/11.0
Height: 84/84
Bound: 5/4
Rebou: 6/6
Camb: 2.2/1.1 (what a coincidence.. :rolleyes: )
Toe: 0/0
Stab: 3/3

LSD: 10/25/7

This, all leading to a well tuned car and a ride full of joy too I hope.

Now, MarkF4E, Let me hear what you think! :D:tup:

Back