GT4 WRS Week 150 : Official Results

• Thread starter Sphinx
  • 35 comments

Sphinx

Staff Emeritus
United Kingdom
England
GTP_Sphinx
WOW! Nice turn out guys. It just goes to show that you can't beat a good handicap race. Congrats to Hugo for taking the division 1, Bighead for taking division 2 (now promoted to div 1), and 01GTP for winning division 3. Just look and the handicap results, those division 2 and 3 guys sure did give division 1 a run for their money.

Week 150 Results:
Mercedes CLK Touring Car ‘00 @ EL Capitan

wrsweek150results.jpg

Important notice:
To streamline the WRS administration process, all replays for this race must be submitted within 7 days. This thread will be listed as "Unofficial" and will become "Official" when all posted replays have been checked. After 7 days, any racers achieving a Gold time who do not provide a replay will have their lap disqualified.

Please Note:
I will update this post during the week to include any posted replays and also keep track of which replays have been checked and by whom.

Replay Verification:
This week we would like to see all gold times.

Handicap Results:

1. 1:26.350 - Hugo Boss
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif

2. 1:26.611 - Mr P
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif

3. 1:26.918 - BigHead
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif

4. 1:26.985 - 01GTP
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif

5. 1:26.995 - Cmir
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif

6. 1:27.054 - jareth_
  7. 1:27.248 - Andy2125
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif

8. 1:27.264 - Ren-Tec
  9. 1:27.332 - arora
  10. 1:27.337 - Austin343
  11. 1:27.455 - Smallhorses
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif

12. 1:27.536 - Quiksilver_GT
  13. 1:27.589 - Toffe
  14. 1:27.600 - rmk700
  15. 1:27.675 - Bri-Y
  16. 1:27.747 - superwally
  17. 1:27.755 - EDK
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif

18. 1:27.761 - OnlyMe
  19. 1:27.852 - sjaak68
  20. 1:27.922 - VEXD
  21. 1:27.954 - Strop
  22. 1:28.052 - KLR142
  23. 1:28.091 - 2078TM
  24. 1:28.430 - gtbadboy
  25. 1:28.685 - Jake
  26. 1:28.724 - WAYNZ
  27. 1:28.816 - ESH
  28. 1:30.197 - Bigracer
  29. 1:30.409 - georgetheracer
  30. 1:30.499 - Xalelexx

Division 1:
  1. 1:26.350 - Hugo Boss
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
  2. 1:26.611 - Mr P
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
  3. 1:26.995 - Cmir
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif

1:27.000 ----- Gold
  4. 1:27.054 - jareth_
  5. 1:27.264 - Ren-Tec
  6. 1:27.332 - arora
  7. 1:27.337 - Austin343
  8. 1:27.589 - Toffe
  9. 1:27.600 - rmk700
  10. 1:27.747 - superwally
    1:27.750 ----- Bronze
  11. 1:27.922 - VEXD
  12. 1:28.052 - KLR142
  13. 1:28.685 - Jake
Division 2:
  1. 1:26.918 - BigHead
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
  2. 1:27.455 - Smallhorses
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif

1:27.500 ----- Gold
  3. 1:27.536 - Quiksilver_GT
  4. 1:27.675 - Bri-Y
  5. 1:27.852 - sjaak68
  6. 1:27.954 - Strop
  7. 1:28.091 - 2078TM
    1:28.250 ----- Bronze
  8. 1:28.724 - WAYNZ
  9. 1:28.816 - ESH
Division 3:
  1. 1:26.985 - 01GTP
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
  2. 1:27.248 - Andy2125
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif

1:27.500 ----- Gold
  3. 1:27.755 - EDK
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
    gflagjn4.gif
  4. 1:27.761 - OnlyMe
  5. 1:28.430 - gtbadboy
    1:29.750 ----- Bronze
  6. 1:30.197 - Bigracer
  7. 1:30.409 - georgetheracer
  8. 1:30.499 - Xalelexx
gflagjn4.gif
shows that the replay has been posted and verified.
rflagnv1.gif
shows that the submitted lap turned out to be dirty or doubtful.
bflagtp3.gif
shows that the replay has not been provided in due time.

Quick Guide To Replay Checking:
  1. check the race summary, check that the tyres are Racing-Soft or harder and that the power is 468(div1) 486(div2) 527(div3) hp
  2. firstly, check the replay from the farthest top view (press R1 twice as soon as the race starts then X if you need to switch to the outside camera)
  3. secondly, check the replay from the same view but in reverse (press L1)
  4. if you suspect more than two wheels leave the track, freeze the replay ('Select' button) to enter photomode
  5. if you suspect contact with a wall, check the data logger for any sudden spike in the cars speed under full throttle.

First, congratlations to all gold winners this week! Those are some terrific times. jareth_, great start to your WRS career. Too bad, Andy, you are acting like me, doing the last sector slower than usual on your best splits. Nothing to be ashamed of though, you still beat most of Div. 1! Where did you come from, BigHead? Making up for last week's misfortune by again topping Div. 2? We seem to need a larger handicap next time, though! Like giving Hugo one step harder tires. :P

Cool! My last sector was not as pathetic as I feared. I almost caught you with it, arora! Even though I was what, .2 back from you at T2? :odd: Being smack in the middle of Div. 1 is a nice result for me! Absolutely stunning lap, Hugo; I could never have found another whole second from my run.

Congratulations have to go out to Hugo, MrP and BigHead for still staying ahead of all others in this handicap race. Double congrats to BigHead for a promotion up to Div 1. Your performance has been duly noted. Congrats as always to all Golds and podium finishers as well.

Thanks to Sphinx for such a combo that let me almost get an overall win. If I could have laid down the perfect lap (for me), I think I could of had it. Thanks again Sphinx. :cheers:

Congrat's to Hugo, Mr. P, Smallhorses, 01GTP and Andy2125 for their gold times.

Congrats to Bighead for your gold time, overall podium and a promotion. You got the trifecta!

Congrats to Jerry for such a great combo selection that provided an excellent turnout! 👍

To my division 3 mates, a great job to all of you for doing us proud on this handicap week. The top 4 in our group finished ahead of 5 Div II drivers and 3 Div I drivers. :cheers:

Bart, that was a close one. :scared: I know you are going to get me by 0.006 or something like that one of these times. :crazy:

A great week, and now off to Seattle!

Kevin

Flying times by the Bossman and Ron :drool: 👍

3rd, 4th and 5th go to a d2, d3, and a d1 so I'd say the hadicap was spot on.

Cool! My last sector was not as pathetic as I feared. I almost caught you with it, arora! Even though I was what, .2 back from you at T2? :odd:

Yup, that was the couple of tenths I was speaking of, never grabed em :dopey:

:cheers: to all who ran a great race.

A very good turn out is the sign of a very good combo and a very good WRS administrator. Well done Sphinx, and well done all who ran.

Nice to see such large numbers.

Congrats To Hugo and Ron, and well done Mike, only 9 tenths off this time.
:irked:👍

Congratulations to the "Maestro" Hugo once again on a great time along with Mr P and Cmir in Div I :bowdown:

Kudos to Bighead for his Div II win and promotion with Smallhorses taking a solid 2nd :cheers:

Great time by DivIII mates Kenny and Andy along with Kevin sharing the podium. Nice driving guys. Doubt I could have caught either of you even if I did get that 2nd section figured out. Maybe next time.:) :cheers::cheers:

Jerry great combo as is evidenced by the turnout! 👍👍:cheers:

Wow what a race ay, Well done to all that ran this race. Hugo you get an A++ and Ron A+ lol. Kenny and BigHead :crazy::drool: nice times there guys 👍

Erik i only jusy held you off lol, nice one man and cheers Dave for your nice comments. This one was just not you ay chap but i know the nurb will put a smile on your face, the real Nurb that is :P

congrats to the winners, just dropping by to let you know i'll be racing this week;) with no dfp though, cheers

Nice driving this week, from all the divisions. A tip 'o the cap to everyone that ran over the mountain in under 1:27.00-that's just smokin'-regardless of power. Sweet.

Austin, Toffe, RMK, you folks absolutely crushed me in the final sector.................damn scenery is distracting up there in Yosemite..............

We can't complain about the turn out this week! Well done, everybody :cheers:

Congrats to Bighead and Kenny for their outstanding performances by clearly winning their divisions and being right up there with us D1 guys :sly:

Also compliments to the other gold runners Ron, Carlos, Smallhorses and Andy. Impressive times as always 👍

The handicap system worked really well this week! Definately something to apply again in the near future. Cudos to Jerry and the testers :cheers:

And ofcourse, my replay:

Verified clean by Sphinx.
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif

Attachments

• Hugo WRS 150 CLK DTM.max
    23.4 KB · Views: 9
Thanks for an enjoyable week guys! I liked that handicap system a lot made me think I could race with the big boys! A finish right in the middle of the pack where I qualified in the M3 so I can't complain. Heck I even got a silver medal out of it. ;)

Crossing my fingers for my DFP this weekend so hopefully this upcoming week is my last running the ds2. Although I'm not a big fan of that 1963 boat... although it is a fast boat!

Congrats to those Gold Medal winners, and see ya round Seattle guys!

Brian

Super times this week and a great turnout, even allowing that not everyone who posted splits submitted (and vice versa). Had a really bad case of whack-a-mole this week, could put together two good sectors on any given race but not three.

After getting down to 1:28.250 I was determined to push under the 1:28 mark but it seemed like that was my limit no matter what I did or how far ahead I got at certain points on the track. I have saves all the way down ... 188, 079, 047, 008 and even 002 (Doh!!) until I finally put together a reasonable start, made a couple of obvious mistakes in T2 and T3 and then was so relaxed at the final corner (thinking the lap was already toast) that I breezed through with hardly a tap on the brake and blew my ghost away at the line.

Somehow I have to get a more consistent run on that first sector. On the few occasions I did get a break I was setting hang time records for my air-launches into the wall.

congrats to Hugo and bighead for there division wins. And WOW, Kenny... great run this week!

Jαke;2938906
congrats to Hugo and bighead for there division wins. And WOW, Kenny... great run this week!

Yep, flyin' time there, Kenny.

My replay is attached, I know I am silver, but I spent enough time on this one that I decided to share :sly:

Pulling BigHead's replay now and back in a few............

EDIT:BigHead is clean and green, with correct specs, D2 power with RS's on both ends. 👍

Congrat's on your promotion Daniel, and good luck. ;)

Verified clean by 01GTP.
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif

Attachments

• EDK WRS WK 150.max
    25 KB · Views: 8
Congrats to all golds first of all what a great turn out it was indeed over 30 racers and also jerry great combo keep them coming there great ;)

best of luck for next week

QUIK!

Amazing times... I see I need some practice before I can be competative. My fastest lap was 1.29.040, gear 290.

Missed the deadline because I had to work late and got home 15 minutes too late. I should've submitted before I left home!:ouch:

Congratulations to all winners!

WOW!! If anybody starts getting a big head and think they are fast. Just send them over to WRS. You guys will humble 'em down in a hurry!

A lot of impressive times guys. 👍

You can see how WRS has built or created many,many speed demons over the years. :)

Kudo's to all of you!

Well major cheers to all this week. Of all weeks to drop the ball and miss my first submission! I didn't have a time to back up my d2 position at all! I could only manage a 1.29.2xx with little work and on a DS2. You all really threw down this week and I'm kicking myself but I think the break was nice. Congrats 01gtp for really diving into this one! Did you by any chance run on any of the other specs just to see how you would have held up? I know through t3 it would have made a huge difference but if you were to only scan the luxy times the d1 guys still looked quick.

Again congrats to all for a sweet race and see you this coming week!

Congrats to all div winners and big kudos 👍 to all gold times. Great driving!! Very good combo, hence the big turnout. Allways good to see!

Many congrats to all, especially the golds, Kenny (:bowdown:) and Bighead for his promotion. A sportive suggestion to Bighead/Daniel to post some splits during the week? Thanks 👍
Also thank you Jerry for another great WRS week.

The HUGE turnout gave me lots of Luxy work but that's really cool. It should be so every week IMHO :sly:

Congrats to all division winners and gold times! It has been a fun racing week. I wont be able to post my replay untill the end of the week since I don't have a max-drive. But i'll stop by Bart this week so he can do the work for me :).

Too bad, Andy, you are acting like me, doing the last sector slower than usual on your best splits.

True. If my first splits are good I always mess up in the last sector. I actually didn't look at my t2 time while driving this lap because I knew it would probably be a good one. If I had seen that t2 of 56.034 I probably smashed the car right in the next wall in stead of taking the left hand turn ;)

Opps. Didn't realise I hit the submit button twice I guess.

I have checked BigHead's and EDK's replays. Clean and green on both. 487 hp for BigHead and 527 for EDK, both using RS tires.

Congrats 01gtp for really diving into this one! Did you by any chance run on any of the other specs just to see how you would have held up?

No I didn't try any other settings as I used all my race time to try to win this race.

Thanks for all the comments also guys.

Forgot to post my replay. Here you go.

Verified clean by EDK.
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif

Attachments

• 01GTP Week 150.max
    24.7 KB · Views: 7
Many congrats to all, especially the golds, Kenny (:bowdown:) and Bighead for his promotion. A sportive suggestion to Bighead/Daniel to post some splits during the week? Thanks 👍
Also thank you Jerry for another great WRS week.

The HUGE turnout gave me lots of Luxy work but that's really cool. It should be so every week IMHO :sly:

Thanks Bigracer. i'll try to post my splits during the week, but as my college has begun this week i'm afraid i won't be able to post decent splits till the weekend

:cheers: Great outcome, and the handicap worked really well, I got very close to the winners of D2 and D3, congratulations BigHead and Kenny, and of course all the others too 👍 Nothing to say at Hugo's lap, just the usual offpace racer. Also a very good lap by Ron.

Here's my PAL replay:

Kindly verified clean by Hugo 👍 .
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif
gflagjn4.gif

Attachments

• WRS150CMir.max
    23.7 KB · Views: 8
No I didn't try any other settings as I used all my race time to try to win this race.

Forgot to post my replay. Here you go.

Kenny is Clean and Green! Nice run and congrats again.

I was 0.750 or so behind Kenny, but I did try the other power settings and found I lost around a second with either D1 or D2 power compared with my hot laps on the D3 power.

Kenny - You got me in the 2 spots that I apprently just needed to grow a pair - The hill and the last corner combo coming into the final straight.

A fantastic run by you! 👍

Kevin

Back