Mine's R34 GT-R 750PP Online Suzuka

• Thread starter NLxAROSA
  • 28 comments

NLxAROSA

Dual wielding Uzis FTW!
Premium
Netherlands
The Black Lodge
With only a little bit of time left before the online events are changed again, here is my setting for the Mine's R34 GT-R for 750PP Online Suzuka. Feedback is, as always, appreciated.

Power: +3
Weight: 85
Tires: R3/R3
Downforce: 19/35
Ride Height: -15/-15
Spring: 3/3
Damper: 7/5
Toe: -0.05/-0.05
Camber: 0.7/0.5
Brakes: 7/5
Steering angle: 40
Traction: OFF
ABS: 1
1st: 4188 (60 km/h)
2nd: 2205 (115 km/h)
3rd: 1636 (155 km/h)
4th: 1269 (200 km/h)
5th: 1019 (250 km/h)
6th: 0875 (310 km/h)
Final gear: 3621

WOW, I just tried this out, amazing tune. Im hitting 2'03'xx on my first few laps. ;)
Thanks, good to hear it's working great for you as well. Scaff's tuning guides are very useful. ;)

You could try some more toe-in (minus values) for the rear. This reduces lift off and power oversteer. I used most settings quite conservatively to stay close to the original.

I took the power down to 2 and upped the camber to 1 and .7.

Felt more stable after that, but I will also try your toe in suggestion - thanks for the tip.

I am liking this car more and more.

With only a little bit of time left before the online events are changed again, here is my setting for the Mine's R34 GT-R for 750PP Online Suzuka. Feedback is, as always, appreciated.

Power: +3
Weight: 85
Tires: R3/R3
Downforce: 19/35
Ride Height: -15/-15
Spring: 3/3
Damper: 7/5
Toe: -0.05/-0.05
Camber: 0.7/0.5
Brakes: 7/5
Steering angle: 40
Traction: OFF
ABS: 1
1st: 4188 (60 km/h)
2nd: 2205 (115 km/h)
3rd: 1636 (155 km/h)
4th: 1269 (200 km/h)
5th: 1019 (250 km/h)
6th: 0875 (310 km/h)
Final gear: 3621

There has been a ton of confusion on how toe in and out is set.. Are you saying your running toe out on the fronts and rears.. I thought to set toe in you would use a +number and toe out would use a - number

Can someone clarify?
Thanks

Use minus for toe in and plus for toe out.

I've setup shop in a new thread. Please continue discussion (if any :P) over there. Thanks in advance.

You're absolutely right. I just checked the crawl text. However, when I check the tuning guides here and here it's actually just the other way around. I trust the tuning guides. :) Try reversing rear toe to see the effect. ;)

This setup is great!!!! I thought I had a good setup with lotsa of power and such, but thats not even needed... LOL I threw my settings away, which I worked on FOREVER, but these just work so much better.... put down a good lap in free run with this setup and then tried to beat the ghost with my own setup... NO way.. always a second behind or more... Thanks man!!! youre the best lol

Well, if you like this one: this is the OLD setup. There is an improved version over in here, which I had some good feedback on. Give it a go, see which one you like best. 👍

I've tried the setups here as well as others on the boards but cannot overcome the BNR's tendancy to oversteer at the Suzuka 750PP event. It may be my driving style just doesn't suit the car and I should find another ride. But, I love the car. Any tips would be very much appreciated. I would post the setup I'm running. But, I've tried several in the last few nights but still find the rear coming around while negotiating the esse's and spoon. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Going to try Blitz's setup posted on the top of the tune section.

Last edited:
I've tried the setups here as well as others on the boards but cannot overcome the BNR's tendancy to oversteer at the Suzuka 750PP event. It may be my driving style just doesn't suit the car and I should find another ride. But, I love the car. Any tips would be very much appreciated. I would post the setup I'm running. But, I've tried several in the last few nights but still find the rear coming around while negotiating the esse's and spoon. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Going to try Blitz's setup posted on the top of the tune section.

It's all on how you drive it. Throttle control is KEY!!..When it tends to oversteer, I hold the wheel steady and play with the throttle the hook left for Dunlop. Spoon is really easy when you get the hang of how easy the BNR turns when you let go of the throttle. I brake, let go of brake, floor it, let go of throttle, coast, NO BRAKE once you braked from the beginning, then hug the apex in the second turn of Spoon then floor it and you'll have two wheels on the Apex coming out and have good momentum down the backstretch.

I agree with you. Reading how you negotiate Spoon, it sounds very similary to what I attempt. Although I occassionally find the back end outrunning the front end on exit for applying too much throttle too early. Degner is an easy drive as well if the throttle is managed properly.

My real issue on this track is in turn one and in the esses that immediately follow. I think turn one is a problem because of the drastic change in speed I find necessary to negotiate the section between the first and second half of that turn.

I think you nailed it though. I need to practice more patience on exiting turns. My tendancy is to apply too much throttle too quickly. Sometimes, the car will jump sideways from a straight position exiting a turn when I go to hard. It's driver error no doubt. Thanks for the tips!

I agree with you. Reading how you negotiate Spoon, it sounds very similary to what I attempt. Although I occassionally find the back end outrunning the front end on exit for applying too much throttle too early. Degner is an easy drive as well if the throttle is managed properly.

My real issue on this track is in turn one and in the esses that immediately follow. I think turn one is a problem because of the drastic change in speed I find necessary to negotiate the section between the first and second half of that turn.

I think you nailed it though. I need to practice more patience on exiting turns. My tendancy is to apply too much throttle too quickly. Sometimes, the car will jump sideways from a straight position exiting a turn when I go to hard. It's driver error no doubt. Thanks for the tips!

Yeah, just wait and be patient before hitting the throttle even though you see the guys right on your bumper, just by waiting that extra second, you'll fly off the corner with no oversteer.

well after the update this settings dont come in handy,acctually i run something totaly else.the key with this car is to get the front grip and if you know how to control the rear end you will be at the front of the pack in suzuka 750.

well after the update this settings dont come in handy,acctually i run something totaly else.the key with this car is to get the front grip and if you know how to control the rear end you will be at the front of the pack in suzuka 750.

What's your setup?

Yes, the setup I posted here is obsolete since the last update (and maybe even the one before that :P). :)

NLxAROSA's new tune is an excellent base to start tweaking from. I used it as a starter, and added my own flavor to it....and I've just hit a time of 2'00.xxx on 750pp Suzuka online event with consistent 2'01.xxx times! I don't know if these times are considered competitive at all, what are some times you have hit with the Mine's on this event??

The Mine's is finally starting to be a bit more competitive against those GTLM's...Good stuff, keep up the good work!

NLxAROSA's new tune is an excellent base to start tweaking from. I used it as a starter, and added my own flavor to it....and I've just hit a time of 2'00.xxx on 750pp Suzuka online event with consistent 2'01.xxx times! I don't know if these times are considered competitive at all, what are some times you have hit with the Mine's on this event??

The Mine's is finally starting to be a bit more competitive against those GTLM's...Good stuff, keep up the good work!

That's not bad at all...I did just tonight a 1.59.756 on free run. Of course this setup is top secret from my team and trust me....GTLM who?? Very competitive against them and they got mad each time I beat them on SuzukaPro! :P

Oops! Sorry, I meant the decent racers that use the Ford GT LM test car. 1'59.xxx is pretty wicked! Hopefully I'll see you in the events, I've just had to re-attempt player matching...no one is on =(

BNR Skyline SUZUKA PP750

Power:+6
Weight:108
Tires:R2 R2
Aero:Front 15 Rear 26
Ride:Front 0 Rear 0
Spring:Front 3 Rear 3
Toe:Front 0 Rear 0
Camber:Front 1.0 Rear 0.5
Brake:Front 8 Rear 6
Turning: 40
Traction: Off
ABS:1

Gear ratio: 1: 3.827=67km/h
2: 2.360=110km/h
3: 1.685=154km/h
4: 1.312=198km/h
5: 1.035=251km/h
6: 0.875=316km/h
Final: 3.553

Have had huge fun whit this setup. Fastest time 2.00.8. Enjoy. Throttle Control and mind understeer and you will have fun....:crazy::sly::dopey::)

I just did a 1'58.0 with my tune. Just in free run. And 1'57.6 in the race, while in front.

Back