L-Tune. Track Specific Tuning.

• Thread starter J-PaP
  • 34 comments
Australia
Australia
J-PaP
Welcome to my new shop. Here at L-Tune we aim to build cars for specific tracks. While some of our tunes will be able to be used on other tracks they will be optimized for a set track aimed to deliver the best results possible.

I'm still setting up shop so please bear with me as I post up some further tunes in the next day or 2 and work on the tune below.

For a start i'm posting up a tune I worked on tonight which is still in its testing phase but since i'm still learning and new to the tuning scene I thought it would be best to get some feedback before working out what to do next with it. From the feedback I'll work out a final version and post it up.

Please note my tunes are setup using a G25 so they won't be as forgiving using a controller. Thats partly the fault of my driving style.

Current setups
Suzuki Swift Sport, 500pp, Suzuka, Pro updated at 5/21/2008
Mitsubishi Evo X - Tuned, 700pp, London, Pro
Dodge Viper SRT10, 600pp, Fuji, Pro

Current work in progress

Renault Clio V6 Tuned

600pp, Suzuka, Pro

cliotunedbh1.jpg

tune temporarily removed (reason: was able to lap faster with the car standard)

Any feedback positive/negative is appreciated.

Hi there, and welcome! A new tuning shop is always welcome. Will give your Clio a go!

Hi Mate and welcome.. Wish your shop all the best : )

..although Im guessing 888 has lost one of its key drivers for the next showdown ;)

Well I have to make a Tuned Clio for a customer at the moment. So perhaps I'll make that tune, then put yours in slot B and comapre the pair?

Good luck to your garage, if anyone has any clue what I mean here, let me just say "It beginnns! :scared: ".

Yep, a knockout style Garage Showdown. I need to know if Dutch Customs and L-Tune here are interested in entering the Showdowns.

Hello, just popping in to invite you to provide a Suzuki Swift tune for the Swift Cup. Free advertisment and all 👍
Looking forward to your next tune.

thanks again for the welcome messages. The showdown tipped me into deciding to actually start a shop up. Always fun to have some competition. So i'm definitely in for the showdown.

I'll whip up a swift tune as well. Have some ideas of a direction to head in based off what 888 and TLD came up with.

Suzuki Swift Sport
500pp, Suzuka, Pro

swiftps9.jpg

Power: +39
Weight: 86%
Tyres (F/R) R3/R1
Aerodynamics n/a

Ride height -40 -40
Spring rate 6 6
Damper 5 6
Toe out/in -0.05 +0.02
Camber 1.8 1.2
Brake Balance 7 8

Turning angle 40
ABS: 1

Gear Ratios
1st 2.711
2nd 1.882
3rd 1.370
4th 1.062
5th 0.874
Final 4.388

reference lap: 2.27.533

I gave the Clio a go, feels like a nice, stable ride. I got 2:15:something on Suzuka the first try, which is good. Haven't taken it for a really long spin though, I'll give a more detailed review after I gave it some more laps. You might wanna request a review here as well. The reviews I got there were really helpful. 👍

Ltune.jpg

Welcome to my new shop. Here at L-Tune we aim to build cars for specific tracks. While some of our tunes will be able to be used on other tracks they will be optimized for a set track aimed to deliver the best results possible.

I'm still setting up shop so please bear with me as I post up some further tunes in the next day or 2 and work on the tune below.

For a start i'm posting up a tune I worked on tonight which is still in its testing phase but since i'm still learning and new to the tuning scene I thought it would be best to get some feedback before working out what to do next with it. From the feedback I'll work out a final version and post it up.

Please note my tunes are setup using a G25 so they won't be as forgiving using a controller. Thats partly the fault of my driving style.

Current setups
Suzuki Swift Sport, 500pp, Pro

Current work in progress

Renault Clio V6 Tuned

600pp, Suzuka, Pro

cliotunedbh1.jpg

Power: -18
Weight: 85%
Tyres (F/R) R3/R3
Aerodynamics (R) 10

Ride height -12 -10
Spring rate 5 6
Damper 6 6
Toe out/in -0.06 -0.04
Camber 2.0 1.5
Brake Balance 7 6

Turning angle 40

Gear Ratios
1st 3.230
2nd 1.874
3rd 1.417
4th 1.070
5th 0.886
6th 0.718
Final 4.400

Any feedback positive/negative is appreciated and even some times standard and with this tune would be great too. Thanks

Just used this tune to complete Suzuka in 2:05.713 Not too shabby

How are you people so good at tuning, lol.
You get better by doing it. Sure, the first couple of rides will probably suck, but if you take into account the review comments you are getting and really pay attention to the effects your modifications have, you'll get better. Reading theory also helps a lot, it gives you better understanding of why you modify certain aspects of a car. That, and a lot of trial and error. ;) Also, don't expect your tunes to be perfect, especially in the beginning. And don't get put off by bad reviews, they're good input for further modifications.

How are you people so good at tuning, lol.

I don't know about the other tuning shops but I have to admit its a fair bit of guesswork for me. Sometimes making changes you can't tell if its actually done anything or not and then other times you make a change and gain half a second.

Mitsubishi Evo X - Tuned
700pp, London, Pro

evoxtunedpc3.jpg

Power: +26
Tyres (F/R) R3/R1
Aerodynamics (F/R) 20/30

Ride height -10 -10
Spring rate 4 2
Damper 4 4
Toe out/in 0.00 0.00 (may need to be adjusted)
Camber 1.2 0.7
Brake Balance 5 8

Turning angle 40

Gear Ratios
1st 3.655
2nd 2.368
3rd 1.715
4th 1.322
5th 1.000
Final 4.062

reference lap: 0.50.566

I don't know about the other tuning shops but I have to admit its a fair bit of guesswork for me. Sometimes making changes you can't tell if its actually done anything or not and then other times you make a change and gain half a second.

The only thing I sometimes guess is the damper settings, based on the car's handling characteristics, of course, with a bumpy track I'd know exactly what to do with dampers.

I guess most people start with guesswork (at least to some extent) and learn how it actually works by just doing it (trial and error) and reading up some background info.

I guess most people start with guesswork (at least to some extent) and learn how it actually works by just doing it (trial and error) and reading up some background info.

I forgot how I started, it was so long ago :lol: I think I read the theory behind it then learnt more as I went. Simply 'mazin'. Can't wait for LSD and stabilisers to be tunable again in the full game.

Still learning the tricks of the trade here, I started tuning not that long ago. But I find you learn best by simply doing it. Errors are okay, they will make you better. 👍 And don't expect to beat someone who's been tuning for several years right away, you can't beat their experience that easily.

I just wanted to know if anyone is using J-PaP's Swift in the Swift Cup? I would love to have a race against it.

+1 for that !! Especially the stabilisers, I was a little disappointed with them missing from GT5P

...and bound and rebound.

Even though it's just a demo, it could not have taken much more effort to include these basic tuning options into Prologue. A lot of tunes are going to have a monkey wrench thrown into them when GT5 is released. :ouch:

I want adjustable tire pressure if GT5 final models tire wear. That is where the men separate from the boys in the tuning department. Aggressive tunes will eat tires alive on 5+ lap races...and sometimes even sooner than that. Watching the inexperienced guys ruin their tires in the first few laps of a 10+ lap race is so friggin' funny. 👍

Dodge Viper SRT 10
600pp Fuji, Pro

vipersrt10vf1.jpg

Power: -21
Tyres (F/R) S2/S2
Aerodynamics (F/R) n/a

Ride height -13 -14
Spring rate 5 7
Damper 6 7
Toe out/in -0.09 -0.04
Camber 2.2 1.6
Brake Balance 5 3

Turning angle 40

Gear Ratios
1st 2.308
2nd 1.812
3rd 1.314
4th 1.056
5th 0.844
6th 0.596
Final 3.070

reference lap: 1'52.974

quick question what car is this the tuned viper or the concept? I cant seem to match the point totals with the tuned vent (which lets you do the aero.)

Did you change the tires to S2? That's mandatory in the races it's going to be used in.

Did you change the tires to S2? That's mandatory in the races it's going to be used in.

J-pap has also somehow added some aero to it, lol. Hes clearly found some loophole in the regulations and is cheating with a full racecar Viper GTSR. :lol:

How about the EVO X Tuned for High Speed Ring 600pp? I wanna compare it too mine! Thanks in advance.

Back