RVV Motor Works - White Knight - 10/02/10

Hehe, thanks for the review! Its heartwarming to know you came back to give it a proper review. ^_^

I see what you mean about the TCS, since its at such a low value it would end up unable to stop the worn tyres from spinning. At least it's just stock power it has to deal with. The stage 4 turbo would rip the tyres to shreds much quicker! :lol:

Cant wait to see the Jag. More '80s Group C goodness! :D

The Green Goblin might need some attention, if you like to.

Sorry guys, but the Jag got a bit delayed, only have 48.5% and you need 50% to earn this car. I have much work to do, so I am not sure when it will be finished.

It's OK; I'm in no major hurry. (Although you can buy it for 3.5 million credits...)

Ok guys, I finally got my hands on the Jag. It's quite a handful, but I'm managing.
Ty, you want the R2 on front, R1 on the back?

Ok guys, I finally got my hands on the Jag. It's quite a handful, but I'm managing.
Ty, you want the R2 on front, R1 on the back?

Yep. Typical endurance combo (just in case I decide on it as my 24h Le Mans vehicle). :)

The green goblin review:
I have mixed opinions about this car.It goes fast and has great accel. but has highspeed under steer.When it starts sliding at high speed it can be a challenge to get it back in control.

7.8/10

The green goblin review:
I have mixed opinions about this car.It goes fast and has great accel. but has highspeed under steer.When it starts sliding at high speed it can be a challenge to get it back in control.

7.8/10

Thanks for the review killer!:)

What would you suggest me to do to get rid of the high speed understeer?

XJR-9.jpg

Jaguar XJR-9 Race Car '88

Facts:
928 HP
894 kg

Parts:

Stock with R2's on front and R1's on the back.

Settings:

BBC: 5/5

Susp:
9.0/4.5
85/95
2/1
3/2
2.0/1.5
0/0
3/4

Transmission:
Final: 5.000
Auto: 5
Final: 3.400
1st: 2.188
2nd: 1.464
3rd: 1.106
4th: 0.870
5th: 0.695

Downforce: 63/88

LSD: 10/30/20

This car is so raw, that you'll need a HUGE kitchen to get it cooked...

Jaguar XJR-9 Review

"Oh, my..." was my first reaction when I drove it. I love this thing, especailly because it's such a challenge to drive. TCS is useless, even if you turn it on- you still spin tires through 3rd gear no matter what. That, and it has a tendency for the rear end to... ummm... "overtake"... the front, shall we say. Although this tendency gets even worse the heavier your right foot is, it still can sneak up on you when you least expect it.. Overall, this thing is raw, as promised. It also has earned the title of "Jaguar", in more ways than one.

Score: 89/100

Renault-5-S.jpg

Parts List
Racing Exhaust
Racing Chip
Stage 2 Turbo
Racing Intercooler
Port Polish
Engine Balancing
S3 Tires
Brake Balance Controller
FC Suspension
FC Transmission
Twin-plate clutch
Sports Flywheel
FC LSD
Rigidity Refresher Plan (if used)
Stage 2 Weight Reduction
Wing

Straight Line Performance and other specs:

0-60: 5.4 seconds

0-100: 11.25 seconds

1/4 mile: 13.471 @ 108 mph

Horsepower: 263bhp

Torque: 231 ft-lbs

The Setup

SUSPENSION:
--------------------------------------------------------------
Spring Rate:---------8.5/7.5
Ride Height:---------90/95
Shock Bound:-------7/2
Shock Rebound:-----9/7
Camber:------------2.5/2.0
Toe:---------------(-3)/(-2)
Stabilizers:---------3/6
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Transmission:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Final to 5.000, auto set to 1, then set ratios and final. Ratios are [3.097/2.140/1.585/1.228/1.000/0.850]
Final of 3.730.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

LSD/Downforce and others:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
LSD: 25/45/18

Brake Balance: 4/12

Downforce: 20/30

Ballast: 0

Ballast Balance: - 40 (Forward Bias)

Aids: None at all
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes: After nearly 28 years, the R5 is back. And ready to destroy some modern monsters. The RCV Motor Works/Renault 5 Turbo S-Maxi is one of the two 'reborn' R5's that RCV and Renault collaborated on to build. More biased towards street dominance, the S-Maxi uses a slightly smaller turbo, softer and less aggressive suspension tuning, and a front splitter that creates a bit less downforce than that of the R-Maxi. The gearbox has been tuned for a slightly wider gear spacing and a longer top gear, to aid fuel economy and street launches. The car is overall more stable, but still must be driven to get the most out of it (and to not have it kill you).

Last edited:
Mercedes 190E “RS Cosworth” a review.

Ill admit it as well, when I first laid eyes on the "RS Cosworth" edition of the Merc 190, I wondered who had invited the neon kiddies, what with their big spoilers and useless body kits and let them loose on a Mercedes of all things. I would have had to give them some credit, as the 'Bauschwarz' paint job screamed euro mafia hit man, and it suited the legacy that is a Mercedes saloon car.
I was somewhat hesitant to spend the money, but my driver Richard suggested otherwise. He figured even if it made a lousy competition car, it would make the team chauffeur happy. And for a change he was right. I'm still blaming him for demanding a Saleen S7, and then agreeing with me that it was an over priced male enhancement replacement that had no brakes.
It is with out a doubt, a great touring car, on par with the factory racing version of the 1992 16v Evo 2. The brakes are fantastic in how true they keep the car, and don't force drastic understeer in late situations. However, There seems to be a loss of front end grip at low speeds, this is however slightly offset by its fantastically neutral feel at high speeds. There is just no body roll what so ever, and dive and squat actions are nearly impeccable. Its possible to induce picture perfect power oversteer in any of the lower gears, however its tendency to snap around and put you into a ditch means this is a risky driving manouver with this car.
The gear box is outstandingly well set up, and with a top speed of 185 /w redline coming at 175, and quarter mile times in the high 12s, its an accomplishment to wring that kind of performance out of a 2.5L inline 4. The lightening work is excellent, though portly drivers be warned, one of my more rotund drivers (some 4 stone more then I) had difficulty with drastically enhanced understeer. Richard loves its ability to launch out of long corners, and with out any coaching is currently recording 1:22's on the midfield test track, though he claims its extra low ground clearance is having a negative effect while apexing tight corners.
Over all this is a good car, solid, robust in close quarters racing, with some small problems, but nearly all of them can be overcome with slight adjustments to your driving style or better tires.

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you Rotary Junkie for doing that Renault. I absolutely adore that car and my own tune is just embarrassingly bad.

I've been looking for a decent tune for months; none of the GTP garages had one and I'd even considered the sacrilege of looking to another site. In fact the only reason I started reviewing cars for this site was so I could request a Renault 5 tune and not feel bad about it.

Wow. I'm really really happy now and although I won't have time to review it for a few days, I'll feel happier just knowing it's in my GT4 folder waiting for me.

Now I'm going to hang the washing on the line with a bloody huge grin on my face.

EDIT: Can I get confirmation on the lack of weight reduction (not that it really needs it) and the following please

Ballast: 0

Ballast Balance: - 40 (Forward Bias)

Does the bias make any difference if there's no ballast?

Last edited:
Mercedes 190E “RS Cosworth” a review.
*snip*

Yeah, the ride height was a bit of a source of disagreement between Roj and myself, I feel that the car is indeed better up at around 85mm front and rear ride height with no other changes, but he prefers it slammed on the ground for quicker reaction.

PF
Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you Rotary Junkie for doing that Renault. I absolutely adore that car and my own tune is just embarrassingly bad.

I've been looking for a decent tune for months; none of the GTP garages had one and I'd even considered the sacrilege of looking to another site. In fact the only reason I started reviewing cars for this site was so I could request a Renault 5 tune and not feel bad about it.

Wow. I'm really really happy now and although I won't have time to review it for a few days, I'll feel happier just knowing it's in my GT4 folder waiting for me.

Now I'm going to hang the washing on the line with a bloody huge grin on my face.

It's a bit nasty on tires thanks to the toe angles, but I can guarantee it to handle well and not be unpredictable like some MRs can be.

Have fun!

EDIT about PF's edit: Yes the ballast balance slider makes a difference (a noticeable one at that), and I did forget to list weight reduction, which should be stage 2.

Last edited:
Renault 5 Turbo review

I’ve always thought this car is an absolute gem, especially considering it’s almost 30 years old. It’s not the fastest thing on the planet, but is immensely enjoyable to drive. For a drift setup it’s fun to use without losing tenths on every hairpin like many other drifting cars. You can also set up for grip, finding good acceleration and braking but without a massive top speed.

Unfortunately, I happen to be incompetent in both driving and tuning. I’ve always felt somehow guilty about driving it, feeling like I’m sort of insulting the game by driving such a substandard version. Fortunately, there are people who are good at this kind of thing so I can now drive my favourite car without offending the sensibilities of St Christopher.

I first tried the car in the Capri rally (another favourite of mine in the game) and immediately realised it was the wrong choice. First, I couldn’t check the tyre wear, top speed or handling at high speeds. Furthermore, the wheelspin in first gear was really irritating for the two vicious hairpins, and the braking didn’t seem to be precise enough for the narrow track. Or more likely, the brakes weren’t safe and predictable enough for a driver of questionable ability.

I packed up and headed to Grand Valley East for a few quick ones and had a much better time. The car seems to know when to kick the back end out and is quite easy to control. The gear ratio is slightly too slow for the course, but it wasn’t a major problem as the car suits almost perfectly my preferred power to weight ratio.

I only had two problems with the car. First was the instability when braking from top speed into the hairpin which was initially quite alarming. The car was fine if I got to the corner in one piece, but the 50 or 70m before the corner were a bit scary. Some more practice will helped a lot: I was able to beat my first (albeit messy) lap time by an astonishing six seconds, despite getting drunk and running out of nitro in the process. My other problem was with the wing: it looks ridiculous. I really like the lines and angles used on the Ren 5, and was astonished by how stupid it looks with a wing; like I’d smeared faeces on the face of a pretty girl.

In short, I really really loved this tune and will work on it to adjust to my driving style and favourite tracks. Please let me know if you change the setup, as I’ll probably be using this car more than any other in the game. I could write for another hour about the car, but it’s 2:30am and my alarm goes off in 4 and a half hours.

Thank you very much RJ and RVV, you’ve made me a happy happy man.

Any cars that need reviewing, by any chance?? I'll do any on the weekend. Also, can I request another car? I promise i'll make it up by reviewing it. The Toyota Wedssport Celica Race Car, on R2 tyres, stock, and lap times on GVS under 1'54 (I dunno how well you guys can drive). I plan on doing the GV Enduro in it, so it might need good tyre wear as well. Everything else is optional :). Thanks in advance.

Back