Digital Racecraft Tuning - ZR1 At The Nordschleife

• Thread starter Ravenmaven
  • 143 comments
As soon as I tune this car I'm working on, I'll do the review of that Amuse Z for the Oval. What things should I judge on an oval track I wonder.......

This car sticks down low in the turns. Very stable. Plus those aluminum cluster guages on the post are cool to look at while you drive it. :)

Last edited:
Review of DRT Amuse/Opera Z Daytona Oval
First off, let me start by saying that I compared it to my Mustang Oval setup (non-released) and the Mustang is no match.👍 The first thing you notice is that despite having downforce it has a clean cut speed advantage, it has good high end grunt which is good at the Oval. The gears have been tuned just right so when you slipstream you reach right on the limiter without topping out, and even with auto gearbox you never need change down to 5th in a lap. This really shows smart gearing specific to the track. The handling is also good, but here comes my only beef with the car, you need to (assuming you haven't slipstreamed) lift off slightly mid corner, especially the slightly tighter 2nd corner. I wonder if you could tune this out, as there might be ways of doing it and getting more power (eg. tyre staggering, less rear downforce) but I think more rear toe-out might do the trick too, but it might not be enough. The Mustang also needs to lift mid-corner, but it has tyre staggering already, and despite having over 300kw it can't accelerate as fast. I was under the impression that gears didn't have a large impact on top speed, so I wondered if this was bias from PD. Anyways, I came from 12th to 4th in a race in your tune, it's quite good.👍

Review of DRT Amuse/Opera Z Daytona Oval
The handling is also good, but here comes my only beef with the car, you need to (assuming you haven't slipstreamed) lift off slightly mid corner, especially the slightly tighter 2nd corner.
Shame, tried the car Good set-up and as N4HS says if it wasn't for the lift of needed it would be Very Good, altered the toe took it from 12-3, 12-2, 12-1, still had to lift off but wasn't worried this time about clipping the wall, changed the power/weight/toe and downforce, maybe my driving style but seemed easier to control in corners at speed and still took it to first although now start higher up the grid and still at 600pp

As for the F40, first time i've tried this, upped the power, changed the toe and camber, gutted at having no choice but loose the speed in the corner, its awsome down the straight and needs the confidence of the driver to plant it for a good exit speed, still managed from mid table to 2, 12-4 and finally and a 3-3 which involved the usual dirty cheating FR and DE drivers, enjoyable tune to drive:tup:

Last edited:
Shame, tried the car Good set-up and as N4HS says if it wasn't for the lift of needed it would be Very Good, altered the toe took it from 12-3, 12-2, 12-1, still had to lift off but wasn't worried this time about clipping the wall, changed the power/weight/toe and downforce, maybe my driving style but seemed easier to control in corners at speed and still took it to first although now start higher up the grid and still at 600pp

As for the F40, first time i've tried this, upped the power, changed the toe and camber, gutted at having no choice but loose the speed in the corner, its awsome down the straight and needs the confidence of the driver to plant it for a good exit speed, still managed from mid table to 2, 12-4 and finally and a 3-3 which involved the usual dirty cheating FR and DE drivers, enjoyable tune to drive:tup:

First off, thank you for the feedback guy's. It's mucho appriciato.

Secondly, I want to apologise for being so freaking lazy and not including any performance notes or explanations when I post these tunings. As you may have noticed, it takes me a long time to test and get settings out. I tend to post as soon as they're done and wait for feedback. Mistake. I'll try to make sense of these tunings and their philosophy's in a few short paragraphs.

Daytona International Speedway, like most of the big banked ovals in America have three lines to drive. Some cars run well down low in the turns, some in the middle groove and the very fortunate can run up high to the wall. The 350Z because of it's relatively light weight is set up to run in the low groove through the turns on entry and exit. This is where it wants to be. This is where my prefered bump draft partners like to follow as well.

Entering the first and second high bank turns with the 350Z is much like entering the Karussell at the Nurburgring. Only at a much faster speed. A slight lift before entry is required to turn the car in. Once in the groove the car should be "nested" and maximum acceleration can be used through the entire turn without any drift. This is where I found the Amuse to shine. Only the Audi R8 does this as well. It's the old "slow in, fast out" thing. Most other cars that try to draft when I do this usually end up going sideways into the walls or take the safe but slow way out and brake then run the middle to high groove.

Because of it's signifigant weight, the Ferrari F40 is a different animal. Loads of grunt down the front and back straights. Beautiful sound. Same approach into the turns but have to run the middle groove. Meaning, shoot for down low but you know you're going to run the middle groove and may have to lift if you don't get it just right. I've won four times with this car. I love it.

Let me explain the toe thing. Both of these cars are fine with zero toe settings. The only reason I added negative values was to help move from side to side on the straights. Nothing to do with cornering. With all the blocking and shunting and garbage going on I found that faking out the blockers with double moves worked very effectively. The negative toe helped the car perform these quick side to side movements.

I hope this short explanation helps in clearing up some of the problems encountered with the tunings. I'm going to take the feedback left today and see if I can make a more well rounded revision so that these cars run full out in all the grooves at Daytona. Wish me luck.

Ferrari F40 /PP600 World Event Daytona Speedway

Power - 422 (bhp)
Weight - 114%
Tyres - S3 S3
Aerodynamics 0 /5
Ride Height -1/+5
Spring Rate 5/7
Damper 2/3
Toe (out/in) -0.00/-0.00
Camber Angle 1.8/1.4
Brake Balance 2/2
Max. Turning Angle - 50
Traction Control - 0
ABS - 1

Transmission
1st gear - 2.770
2nd gear - 1.710
3rd gear - 1.230
4th gear - 0.960
5th gear - 0.760
Final - 3.172​

I have been running your setup at Daytona and have the same issue as the other guys. It is a good car .I'm doing alot better with it now after I have learned how to drive it. Keep up the good work.

I have been running your setup at Daytona and have the same issue as the other guys. It is a good car .I'm doing alot better with it now after I have learned how to drive it. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Gary! I'm still learning how to drive it lol. Following Zodicus in his Blitz down the front and back straights at 200+ mph...:crazy:

With a tow like that and not touching the wall once, I'm happy.

Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car/HSR PP800 Online Event

Power 524
weight 85%
Tyres - R3's
Aerodynamics 13/35
Ride Height +9/+8
Spring Rate 1/1
Damper 1/1
Toe (out/in) 0.00/-0.25
Camber Angle 1.5/1.3
Brake Balance 1/2
Max. Turning Angle 45
Traction Control 0
ABS 1

Transmission
1st gear - 2.775
2nd gear - 1.871
3rd gear - 1.368
4th gear - 1.022
5th gear - 0.838
6th gear - 0.686
Final - 3.090

The tranny is basically a 4 speed setup with a 5th gear option going into the first turn. You don't have to shift at the start of the race as the tranny is set to do so for you. From 5th or 4th, down to 3rd into the second corner you can run wide without scrubbing any speed. Down to the esses from 4th to 3rd to 2nd you can feel how supple and steady the brakes put you into the turns. Up to the last corner in 4th, a downshift to third will take you through the apex with minimal drift.

This is the tuning that I will tentatively be using for the Garage Showdown 4. There may be small changes to be made before the series begins but all in all I consider this a benchmark tuning for Digital Racecraft. I am more than satisfied with the results. I've always found this car difficult to control and tune for HSR. Too many wins to count and a wad of podiums later (usually starting from the back) I'm confident a skilled pilot can take this car to the garage challange and be successful.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Last edited:
Good to see you have your setup ready, hopefully we can get enough drivers for this event..........

Hey Ravenmaven. I have been put into your tuned GTLM for the Garage Showdown so I thought Id give to a run on freerun to see what its like....

You have a very good set up. I thought NLxAROSA - Dutch Customs Tuning Shop - z06 Tuned time at 1:03:361 was a great time and was going to be hard to beat in that car. I thought the z06 was by far the best car for this track until now....

Just used your tune and put in a 1:03:244!!! I reckon I could get it faster aswell maybe into the high :02's!!!

Brakes are very good and its very stable. Little bit of oversteer through the S bends but with a quick short upshift theres no big drama. Take through the high speed corners very stable, and getting lift-off oversteer helps the car through. Top end speed is very good.

Overall dude you have a great car setup here and Id say that not much work (if any) needs to be done.

Jack

Last edited:
Hey Ravenmaven. I have been put into your tuned GTLM for the Garage Showdown so I thought Id give to a run on freerun to see what its like....

You have a very good set up. I thought NLxAROSA - Dutch Customs Tuning Shop - z06 Tuned time at 1:03:361 was a great time and was going to be hard to beat in that car. I thought the z06 was by far the best car for this track until now....

Just used your tune and put in a 1:03:244!!! I reckon I could get it faster aswell maybe into the high :02's!!!

Brakes are very good and its very stable. Little bit of oversteer through the S bends but with a quick short upshift theres no big drama. Take through the high speed corners very stable, and getting lift-off oversteer helps the car through. Top end speed is very good.

Overall dude you have a great car setup here and Id say that not much work (if any) needs to be done.

Jack

Welcome aboard Jack! The first racer to represent Digital Racecraft. :cheers:

I'm relieved you found the GTLM to your liking. I was not sure how the torrid Spec II would translate to the sixaxis users.

I myself was turning mid 1'03's in free lap when the initial tune was in development. After the fine tuning I was able to get down to low 1'02's. I have not tried to get a lower time as free lapping bores me silly. So yes, you should be able to get down to the 1'02 range. My fastest race time in the GTLM is in the 7'27.xxx range leading start to finish with no "gimmick" driving.

If you need any further info or have any concerns with the setup in the future, feel free to pm me.

Drive it angry. 👍

Nice tune for the 800 HSR, complete novice and took yours to a 1.03.6

Thank you for the kind feedback. :) Going to participate in the showdown? Decided on a garage?

:cheers: and hope I can do your tune and your efforts well in the race :cheers:

I might put some more time in tomorrow and give you more feedback if needed but from what I did earlier to seems good. Are you racing yourself?

:cheers: and hope I can do your tune and your efforts well in the race :cheers:

I might put some more time in tomorrow and give you more feedback if needed but from what I did earlier to seems good. Are you racing yourself?

I've raced the HSR about 50 times in the last three day's. As for the showdown, I will be racing on the NTSC side as I don't have a PAL copy.

Last edited:
Thank you for the kind feedback. :) Going to participate in the showdown? Decided on a garage?

I don't do well under pressure.......also work differing shifts from week to week, so may/may not be free

EDIT, put me down for you, i might nick a point, unless theres six drivers in a race, then you would get bugger all. PAL driver

Last edited:
I don't do well under pressure.......also work differing shifts from week to week, so may/may not be free

EDIT, put me down for you, i might nick a point, unless theres six drivers in a race, then you would get bugger all. PAL driver

There is no pressure.:) My shop is new and these events are to be fun anyway.

I'll send holden a pm announcing you as a team driver. If you can't make it later on that's fine. I've seen this happen in other events before. That's why it's good to have a surplus of participants lined up for each garage on both sides of the Atlantic and down under.

Welcome aboard. :)

yes, I'd like to know that, if I've read the post right it's from 11pm Saturday, is that right, and Jack don't you dare try and take my 6th place of me, I Wanna B outside the points

I cant work it out... Very confusing thread :lol: Cash (still guna call you it even if you do change your name), dont worry Im going for 1st :sly:

Think I might put some practice in soon. So then guys.... DRT 1, 2, 3. :lol:

Edit: Going to race there now. Wana join me cash if your racing?

Last edited:
Hello mate. What time are we racing for the tuner challenge?
Lord Jack, I've tried to work this out with a time zone converter to no avail. I'm going to continue to try to get it straightened out for the Londoner's. :crazy:

yes, I'd like to know that, if I've read the post right it's from 11pm Saturday, is that right, and Jack don't you dare try and take my 6th place of me, I Wanna B outside the points

If you look here it reads 11 a.m? . I'm confused further.

beware i am becoming a great racer and will be stealing all top places Mwaaaaa

I remember you from HSR girl! You were driving something under powered if I remember correctly. :)

Try bolting yourself into the Digital Racecraft GTLM. :sly:

Last edited:
I remember you from HSR girl! You were driving something under powered if I remember correctly. :)

Try bolting yourself into the Digital Racecraft GTLM. :sly:

This is my g/f, under no circumstances encourage her, to race, this is my PS3 and mine alone:sly:

So its 11am now... Sorry man, I not guna be able to race at 11am on saturday. I work 8am - 4pm....

Deffo not available next week, got an early shift

Well I certainly do appreciate your efforts this weekend. 👍

Hopefully Dragonistic will be back for the finals. We'll find out if Lord Jack is able to participate. I'll be there for sure.

No worries.

Back