• Poll closed .

stealthwinner

bored with waiting member
Premium
GTP_stealthwinnr
the new link is: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=111452

Thunder & Lightning tuning
Defying gravity

We are some norwegians who are just starting out. stealthwinner and marchbrown. So dont be confused if you see both of us putting up tunes.

GT LM spec II test car tune for pp 800 high speed ring

TUNE I NOT FOR GARAGE SHOWDOWN

Bhp -8
kg 85%
tyres R3/R3
aero 14/25
ride height -14/-12
spring rate 7/7
damper 6/8
toe -0.07/-0.18
camber 1.5/1.6
brake balance 6/7
max turning angle 40
traction control off
abs 1

1st gear 2.250
2nd gear 1.518
3rd gear 1.219
4th gear 1.023
5th gear 0.819
6th gear 0.686
final gear 4.417

TUNE II FOR GARAGE SHOWDOWN

Bhp -4
kg 86%
tyres R1/R3
aero 18/27
ride height -14/-12
spring rate 6/5
damper 5/6
toe +0.18/-0.18
camber 1.5/1.7
brake balance 7/8
max turning angle 40
traction control off
abs 1

1st gear 2.274
2nd gear 1.518
3rd gear 1.231
4th gear 0.985
5th gear 0.823
6th gear 0.686
final gear 3.727

DRIVING TIPS

Be sure to meet with throttle when going off the brakes. It can easily be steered a bit with the rear if you let off the trottle an instant.

TUNE DEVELOPMENT THOUGHTS

In TUNE II our goal has been to make the car easier to control while in mid turn, and to try to get more bhp out of it, while keeping it controllable. Because of massive torque the car easily oversteers. The rear wheels lock up and cause the back end to spin out when you go off the throttle, caused by to much grip on the rear. With the brute power of the car it gets powerslides very easy, and this is even more present with lots of friction on the front tires.
Thats why we have been focusing on balancing the grip of the car, with a special interest of the rear physics.

GT-LM spec II test car tune for suzuka 750pp

Bhp -29
weight 85%
tyres R1/R3
aero 16/29
ride height -14/-12
spring rate 7/7
damper 6/8
toe -0.07/-0.18
camber 1.5/1.7
brake balance 6/7
steering 40
traction control off
abs 1

gear ratios

1. 2.250
2. 1.518
3. 1.181
4. 0.983
5. 0.794
6. 0.686
final 4.742

Last edited:
What a way to open a garage, got the final gear wrong. Lol I wish all the luck for you my friend. Competition here is very tough as to who has the best tunes but you will see that somehow in here, they help out each other and that's what sets apart this website from the rest. Good luck and I am looking forward to test it for you once you fix the final gear. :P

What an opening post, straight to the tune. I'll need driver names if you want to be in the Showdown, and don't forget NTSC or you will instantly have a points disadvantage.

Thunder & Lightning tuning
Defying gravity

GT LM spec II test car tune for pp 800 high speed ring - working version

Bhp -5
kg 85%
tyres R2/R2
aero 16/31
ride height -13/-12
spring rate 7/7
damper 6/8
toe -0.08/-0.18
camber 1.1/1.7
brake balance 7/8
max turning angle 40
traction control off
abs 1
1st gear 2.250
2nd gear 1.518
3rd gear 1.198
4th gear 0.945
5th gear 0.799
6th gear 0.660
final gear 4.492

Still be sure to meet with throttle when going off the brakes. it can easily be steered a bit with the rear if you let off the trottle an instant.

Last edited:
You know whats annoying me, that the tuners change their tunes without keeping the old parameters viewable ?!
wanted to test the initial tunes :(

I take the GTLM for a spin. See if its good enough to beat the S2000's 1:02's and 1'03's and 1'04 's :lol:

I wonder if it drifts well too :lol:

👍

EDIT: Just took it out for two laps. Got a 1:03 late in both.

I reckon it would do well, its just that I have ZERO GTLM driving experiance and I was like Oh...
Im sure it can get a 1:02 easy great car. You just need to get used to it :lol:

Last edited:
I take the GTLM for a spin. See if its good enough to beat the S2000's 1:02's and 1'03's and 1'04 's :lol:

I wonder if it drifts well too :lol:

Thanks for testing it Fujiwara-kun. It's good for 1:02's - If you got the time try out Tune 2. - and for shure - it's a drifting queen:scared:

You know whats annoying me, that the tuners change their tunes without keeping the old parameters viewable ?!

Thanks for telling. We'll put out the initial tunes and also some of the reasons for the changes made. Tune 1 is more or less the start point for the GTlm development.

Last edited:

INITIAL TUNE

Bhp 540
kg 990
tyres R3/R3
aero 13/26
ride height -13/-12
spring rate 7/7
damper 6/9
toe -0.07/+0.10
camber 1.1/1.6
brake balance 5/5
max turn 40
tc off
abs 1

gear ratios

1. 2.614
2. 1.710
3. 1.230
4. 0.940
5. 0.772
6. 0.630
final 4.697

hope that helps you.

best regards T&L

:):):):)ok..tested and then some..have to say the second setup.. is by far one of the most stable gt-lms i have tested.. the brakes work wonderfully:sly:the speed this thing can get too all on its own is impressive. although for me (imo)2nd gear needs a bit more... but other than that,i have nothing bad to say about this setup..bravo,bravo:tup:👍:tup:forgot to mention.i put in a 1.1.245.in this car.my fasted to date..and i was in 3rd place when i got that lap..average lap times are in the 1.2.***bracket.. thanks lads..

Last edited:
:):):):)ok..tested and then some..have to say the second setup.. is by far one of the most stable gt-lms i have tested.. the brakes work wonderfully:sly:the speed this thing can get too all on its own is impressive. although for me (imo)2nd gear needs a bit more... but other than that,i have nothing bad to say about this setup..bravo,bravo:tup:👍:tup:forgot to mention.i put in a 1.1.245.in this car.my fasted to date..and i was in 3rd place when i got that lap..average lap times are in the 1.2.***bracket.. thanks lads..

Thanks a lot Theewar:):). We'll have a look at 2nd gear. It's a question about how 3rd gear works in the esses. We dont want to much grip from gear lag - but of course theres more to do with this car. We're working on version 3 this evening.

I have tested them both....don't get me wrong both setups are good...but I still prefer the first one. Why?? Well let's just say that I love to get sideways and still have fun. So there you go, first setup for me! :P

I have tested them both....don't get me wrong both setups are good...but I still prefer the first one. Why?? Well let's just say that I love to get sideways and still have fun. So there you go, first setup for me! :P

thats a fair point BRracing..but do you not think that when your racing side by side against somebody,some times through many corners..that knowing your car aint going to loose the rear or front end because of a stable setup. is that not more important when tuning a car for a tunner showdown?:nervous::dopey:

thats a fair point BRracing..but do you not think that when your racing side by side against somebody,some times through many corners..that knowing your car aint going to loose the rear or front end because of a stable setup. is that not more important when tuning a car for a tunner showdown?:nervous::dopey:

Fair enough yes......but if you are confident like I am (my driving style) I think I can hold my own. Now if it's going to be for a showdown, yes go with the second setup, since it will be easier to drive. I still go faster with the 1st setup than the 2nd, for some reason I think that the second setup is too stiff and loses speed on some corners. That's just my two cents and my opnion! 👍

Hi there! :)

Thanks for posting that initial tune, much appreciated .
I tried to answer your visitors message, but im still figuring out what it is and how it works lol 👍

New T&L tune - funcar setup

:)DB9 Suzuka 705pp

Bhp +23
kg 85%
tyres R3/R3
aero 0/0
ride height -14/-13
spring rate 8/7
damper 3/7
toe +0.00/-0.00
camber 1.1/0.5
brake balance 5/6