RVV Motor Works - White Knight - 10/02/10

Neat! Actually, I had forgotten about the Yaris. :lol:

Care to say which one you're doing?

And, yes, new tunes are good stuff. I eagerly await basically anything you'd like to bring!

I like that. (bit in bold) :lol:

Yeah, a supercharged muscle car on S3s isnt going to grip unless you treat the throttle with care, but sideways it does do well! :sly:

Thanks for the review. ;)👍

Edit: EA11R, just so you know, I haven't forgotten about the Yaris. It's just taking a while to get it to a state where I'm happy with it. :)

Also I got a bit sidetracked by a couple of new tunes I got cooking. :D
I came up with a good grip setup for it last night. Is is pretty nice now.

I came up with a good grip setup for it last night. Is is pretty nice now.
Thats great to hear. You've probably got the magic touch I lack with muscle cars. :lol:
Neat! Actually, I had forgotten about the Yaris. :lol:

Care to say which one you're doing?

And, yes, new tunes are good stuff. I eagerly await basically anything you'd like to bring!
If you asked me that this morning, then I would've said the 1.5 RS, however it's been giving me problems (mostly gearing related) so I'm giving the RS Turbo a proper go. So far it's going well compared to the 1.5!

I'll repeat it again incase you missed it the first time roj.

Supercharge the 1.5RS, you won't regret it. ;) The torque and instant response outweighs the lag and anything else in the turbo. :cool:

I'll give it a try Mafs. I just thought you was on about drag racing not actual racing. :P

Hey there fellas,

Just a few quick comments on the Mazda 787B.

What a delightful car! I used my black A-spec version (stock, no oil) and looked at the R2s. I really didn't expect to get good traction or corner speed, but jeez was I wrong. I spent a full lap getting used to the precise (but bizarrely stable) cornering of the car, constantly overestimating the distance it needs to slow down and turn.

After the first lap I only saw the ghost car once or twice, in the rear vision mirror, after a particularly bad mistake. Gaining confidence and knowledge about the car just took me faster and faster each lap, sometimes beating the previous lap by a second.

I haven't had the time to find anything I don't like about the car, but am curious about tyre wear, not having driven it in race mode. The Camber seems like it would cook the tyres, especially with the temptation to throw it through corners in such a rough (and mildly arousing) way. How fast does it chew through the rubber, and have you tested it with a R2/R1 setup, which seems more logical to me for an enduro?

So far I'm loving this car and look forward to spending more time in it. This car will be perfect to start the Long March through the Endurance races.

The camber is from my experience just about right. Perhaps a little bit of forward bite at low speeds is lost but made up at higher speeds.

I actually have to get through GT4 a bit more so I can do the enduros again... And I need another 787B. It may be time to tweak a few things on it and see where I wind up.

About the 787b in endurance racing. You'll empty the fuel tank before R1's go remotely close to red. :P

Can I make a request? Can I have a tune for the Nissan GT-R Concept LM Race Car, winnable in the dream car championship? Thanks in advance.

Great to hear it Vince, I got a Vitz Turbo waiting for the final touch up then release, Ill drop by and giving a review on it, See how they stack up.

I'm taking over EA11R request on the Toyota Vitz from VTiRoj. So expect something special in the next few days! ;)

Yeah, unfortunately I wasn't able to make the Yaris do well and I had left it standing for so long I feared I wouldn't complete it. So Vince to the rescue! :D

I got a dual-release coming soon including one of my own cars and the request by waggles. I'll release the request first then the remaining tune soon after, or even tomorrow.

Nissan GT-R Concept LM Race Car ‘02 Requested by waggles

GTRLM.jpg

Parts List
Any R grade tyres.

The Setup

SUSPENSION:
--------------------------------------------------------------
Spring Rate:-------12.5/9.0
Ride Height:-------90/90
Shock Bound:-------6/6
Shock Rebound:-----7/7
Camber:------------1.0/1.0
Toe:---------------(-1)0
Stabilizers:-------5/5
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Transmission:
Autoset to 20. Then set ratios and final.
Ratios of: [3.497/2.358/1.721/1.364/1.124/0.949/0.811]
Final of 3.250.

LSD/Downforce and others:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
LSD: 20/30/10

Brake Balance: 5/5

Ballast Weight: 0kg

Ballast Balance: 0 (neutral)

Downforce: 38/53

Aids: TCS Controller: Use a value of 1 if you feel 626bhp through the rear wheels is too much. Otherwise, 0.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Notes:
This monster was requested by waggles. He wanted a GT-R Concept LM that could handle the GVS Endurance race. Of course, speed is no issue with this car. So no adjustments in power were needed. Instead it was given a set of R1 tyres and a mission to handle well without being hard work to keep it on the road. Well with 626bhp you can’t expect this GT-R to not spin those rear tyres. Especially considering this car has as much torque as it does horsepower and that torque comes in pretty early too. If you’re a lead-footed driver (like me), you might want to turn the TCS to 1. Otherwise just remember not to boot it in 2nd gear. But aside from that, this is one easy to drive LM Race Car. It just soaks up the bumps of GVS and floats over them without breaking a sweat. One unique feature of the GT-R Concept is the gearbox. Gear changes are so smooth, it is like there is no interruption between gears like in normal cars. Combine this with the power I mentioned and you have a car that’ll accelerate so smoothly, you’ll forget you’re now doing 120mph and heading for a sharp bend. It is here where you discover the anchors, ahem, good brakes this car has. And when I say good, I mean damn good. So here it is, a GT-R Concept LM Race Car built to cruise around GVS for long periods of time without being a handful. I hope you enjoy it waggles and anyone else who drives it.

Added note: waggles recommends TCS: 2 for endurance racing. 👍

Last edited:
Thanks for that. I might try to see what it does with power added, or on the Tokyo enduro, now I think about it.

No problem. :D

If you remove some of that downforce, you can unlock some extra mph for the main straight. Not like Tokyo needs downforce really anyway. 👍

R33 GT-R (Nissan Skyline GT-R (R33) ‘97)

R33GTR.jpg

Parts List
Racing brakes kit
Brake controller
Port Polish
Engine Balancing
Racing chip
Transmission / Fully customisable
Triple clutch
Racing Flywheel
Carbon driveshaft
Stage 1 turbine kit
Large racing intercooler
Fully customisable suspension
Sports / Soft tyres (S3)
Weight reduction: Stage 3
Increase Rigidity
Body Rigidity Refresher Plan - (High mileage cars ONLY)
Oil change - (High mileage cars ONLY)
Wheels

The Setup

SUSPENSION:
--------------------------------------------------------------
Spring Rate:-------9.0/8.0
Ride Height:-------115/130
Shock Bound:-------6/6
Shock Rebound:-----8/8
Camber:------------1.8/1.1
Toe:---------------(-3)/0
Stabilizers:-------3/2
Transmission:
Autoset to 13. Then set ratios and final.
Ratios of: [2.913/2.015/1.530/1.231/1.034/0.899]
Final of 4.000.

LSD/Downforce and others:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
LSD: Default

Brake Balance: 3/5

Ballast Weight: 0kg

Ballast Balance: 0 (neutral)

Downforce: 0/0

Aids: None at all
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Notes:
The Skyline R33. Successor of the R32 and the predecessor of the R34. So, in terms of performance, the R33 is bang on in the middle of it’s 2 brothers, well, you’d think so right? So why is it that it’s one of the least used GT-R’s? Some say its because the R33 understeers a lot, some just don’t like the look and some just simply go for the R34 and forget there ever was a R33. Well this is unacceptable. So we went out and built this, to show you all the R33 can put up one hell of a fight, regardless of popular opinion. The suspension has been tweaked, tested, tweaked some more then tested again to make sure the understeer won’t come back. Infact, around 2nd gear hairpins, you’re going to find the opposite of understeer. Ladies and gentlemen, please hold on tight as this R33 takes you for a joyride, sideways. With 390bhp available and room for much more, the R33 will easily keep up with anything in front. The brakes are also improved so you won’t end up rear ending whatever is in front, too. So the next time your looking for a Skyline, consider the R33. Or rather, consider this R33.

So why is it that it’s one of the least used GT-R’s?

The fact that it's taken this long for one of the bigger tuning garages in GT4 to release one is proof of this line.:P

Mazda 787B LM Champ Enduro Setup review

With the Mazda 787B one of the best Le Mans cars in GT4, but can this setup manage to make the 787B even better.

Well geared for mainly endurance races such as the Circuit De La Sarthe 1 and 2 and the Fuji 1000km races.

The plus sides of this setup is that it still keeps the endurance factor of keeping tyre life high which means you can run longer stints to keep the opposition at bay.

In addition, the oversteer which happens from high speed braking or cornering from high speed in stock mode is removed and instead replaced by a little understeer going into corners. Of course this definitely improves tyre life but as well the grip of this car is pretty good and you can go faster out of corners more easily. Pretty much once you get used to the setup it often produces faster lap times or you will get more of a consistent pace during long stints. The balance of this car is most times neutral so you don't have to worry about sliding the car off the track. Also adding there is less wheelspin from slow corners which makes it easier to get the gas early and pass the opposition on the exit of corners. The drag on this car has been improved thanks to adjusting the bounds and rebounds which means you can obtain higher top speed which is stable and does not jiggle around and when you slipstream a car from behind the acceleration it is easier to pass them because of the drag has been reduced thanks to this setup.

The only downside is the gearing which really is not too my taste which lacks the punch out of corners and with my own personal gearing I had a better top speed and acceleration from corners, but that was the only minor down point.

The test bed of using this setup was the Fuji 1000km endurance race with the Black 787B without oil topping at 725bhp and equipped with R1 tyres. Up against a lineup of the Orange Mazda 787B, Nissan R92CP, Nissan R89C, Toyota GT-One and Sauber Mercedes C9 for 200 A-Spec points. This setup along with my personal gearing was a great combo which I was able to post faster lap times than my old setup and be more consistent especially when the tyre wear was down. The old setup I was able to make 18 laps at best before having to stop, now I can manage at least 23 laps and the grip still stays even when the tyres are starting to go off. Pretty much for a 200 A-Spec points race I manage to win via a big gap thanks to the setup.

You can actually use this setup for the Gran Turismo World Championship and coupled with R2/R1 tyres in most races the tyre wear will last and you will still have grip, you will win thanks to not pitting and having a better pace against the opposition. Except of course in Super Speedway if you are up against the 5 Group C car lineup, then it does require a little skill to win the race. If you want a bit more response at the front, then softening the front springs a little will help.

Overall, this setup has made a Group C car from a good car, to a even better car. As a endurance setup it is one of the best I have tested so far and a good job has been done on it. Well done!!!!

NOTE: On adding an additional note, it is better to add at least TCS 3 for tyre wear but at max put TCS 5, any more and you will suffer in the acceleration department!

P.S I don't know what setup of car I will request yet but I will let you guys know, hope my review helps.

Last edited:
For the GT-R concept racer, it works better for the enduro with 2 TCS, for tyre wear.
Ah. Thanks for the input. I'll actually go make a note of it on the settings. 👍
The fact that it's taken this long for one of the bigger tuning garages in GT4 to release one is proof of this line.:P

:sly:

mynameissport, thanks for the review. I'll let RotaryJunkie do the proper thanking since it's his tune. 👍

mynameissport. thanks for the review!

It's an old tune, from before RRV/RCV/RVV even opened, and yet it still gathers praise. Now then, as for the gearing... While I'm sure it could be improved, I tuned the car with full "new" power and geared it so that wheelspin while not completely nonexistant was less of an issue and could be controlled with a careful right foot. Perhaps the black version, with its lower power output, could use more aggressive gearing but I was happiest with it geared this way, tweaking the final slightly for different tracks.

Also, in the GTWC when in my hands with 5 clicks of TCS, R2/R2 tires wore out just about evenly everywhere except Hong Kong where pitting was needed.

Bigger review of the Concept Racer:

I just did the GVS Enduro, and it's simply fantastic. It oversteers in such a way that the hairpins and chicanes are a simple task. Turn in trail braking, and the tail comes out. The AWD will allow you to four-wheel-drift the corner with ease.

When the speed comes up, the car is stable. The final corner onto the main straight gets a bit of understeer, but by four-wheel-drifting, you can overcome this easily.

And here comes the great thing. Even by doing all of this drifting, the tyres still last 15 laps, but with care, you would get about 17.

A lovely setup, easy to drive, easy to learn the pro tips of racing.

Rotary Junkies Honda Integra review.

I'm gonna say first off, great job getting a FF to handle good.

Pros
Strong brakes
Great handling
Quickness

Cons
not good on bumpy courses. (take it out to opera paris and see what i mean.)
Short gear Ratios

Overall 8/10. Good job.

Back