GTP_Race Event 01 Official Spec III Results

• Thread starter Sphinx
  • 142 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right I hope this time I've uploaded the first time.

Attachments

• GTP_Fuzzy.zip
    151.4 KB · Views: 7
I'm sure he didn't hit that wall, he still had some room left when he turned away from it.

I'm still not sure about this. It looks more like the Elise did that move to avoid contact, but it's too close to tell.

That one I didn't notice and after reviewing that myself I could clearly see 3 wheels behind the line for a moment.

So... I have to agree with you.

Right, I would probably have asked Sphinx to take a look at the contact if not for the 3 wheels off. I pointed out all 3 incidents, because I want all of the drivers to realize the types of issues that will fall under scrutiny. I've turned in replays with one close call that I was SURE about being clean. But an off and 2 close calls in one lap - The submitter needs to learn from this experience and review their replays more closely prior to submitting. I scrapped a lot of runs and ultimately did not submit because of close calls with the wall on the oval sections or AI entering the chicane, so I know it was not easy to get a demonstrably clean run. It's better to submit slower and cleaner or not submit at all than to have so many close calls.

Here is the replay (and I don't know what all the other stuff is used for) that I copied from my PS3 for my run for Stage 1.

Division II, Silver
GTP_SeniorL8R
Final = 5'37.785

Only questionable spot is Lap 1 at about the 26 second mark you run up very close to the Elise just in front of you - it appears you hit it and it taps its brakes to correct for that. Other than that the race appeared clean. Let's wait for someone else to review for confirmation. (GTP_SeniorL8R 5'37.785 SpecIII)

Only questionable spot is Lap 1 at about the 26 second mark you run up very close to the Elise just in front of you - it appears you hit it and it taps its brakes to correct for that. Other than that the race appeared clean. Let's wait for someone else to review for confirmation. (GTP_SeniorL8R 5'37.785 SpecIII)

Same story as yesterday............I'll be able to review more replays that are either NTSC or PAL disk (Not Download) versions tonight. 👍

Would be happy to take a look, and if still not conclusive, we'll have Sphinx take a look.

GTP_rmk700: DQ
rflagnv1.gif

L1 @ 0:27, contact with skyline
L1 @ 1:48, contact with wall

Though I was very close with both occasion's, If studied close it clearly shows no wall contact. As for the Skyline contact, I checked every possible angle and could not get a clear view if there was contact or not. I never noticed being that close to the Skyline. I would not have posted that time if I seen that prior. :indiff:

Though I was very close with both occasion's, If studied close it clearly shows no wall contact. As for the Skyline contact, I checked every possible angle and could not get a clear view if there was contact or not. I never noticed being that close to the Skyline. I would not have posted that time if I seen that prior. :indiff:

For the skyline contact, if you watch from the perspective of the skyline, with the hud up, you can see the speed jump by 1 mph before dropping back. There is also an audible change in engine RPMs at the moment of contact.

For the wall contact, there's a visible bounce, most evident in the car's suspension, at the moment of contact. Best viewing angle for this is chase cam behind the AM vette.

Both contacts were very light, but very clear.

EDK
OK - I downloaded the PS3 update and my PAL Spec III update tonight, so just got around to giving this a look. :crazy:

I see the following on this replay -

1. 3 wheels off track behind the white line on turn 1, lap one. This is on the right hand side, entering the infield. It might even be 4 wheels behind the line. (@17.8)

2. Close call with the wall on the oval section between the infield and chicane on lap 1. Can't tell for sure, it's close. (@1:12)

3. I would say certain contact with the White Elise entering the chicane. The Elise is actually knocked off track into the dirt from the contact. (@1:28-9)

So.......GTP_Roomboter: DQ
rflagnv1.gif

I'm sure he didn't hit that wall, he still had some room left when he turned away from it.

I'm still not sure about this. It looks more like the Elise did that move to avoid contact, but it's too close to tell.

That one I didn't notice and after reviewing that myself I could clearly see 3 wheels behind the line for a moment.

So... I have to agree with you.

It was also done in Standard Mode. :rolleyes:

Right I hope this time I've uploaded the first time.

Clean and Green. 👍

I know this is a double post, but I just want to say that I have no idea where I am with all these DQ's. I have no idea who should now be going through to the next stage because of these DQ's, and I have no idea how the integrity of this site will withstand all these DQ's.

I can honestly say without fear of contradiction, that this event has been the worse GT event in terms of dirty submissions that any GT site has held in all the years of OLR.

I am very embarrassed to be part of it to be honest.

Please don't double post. Merged.

Last edited:
Chin up mate! It seams to be very discouraging to say the least, but the wrs and gtplanet has indured over time. I'd venture to say that this crap will go away once the newness buzz of gt5p is gone. At least I hope so for everyones sake.

Come on folk, it's not that hard to follow rules and stay clean, if you don't want to, then stay clear of gtplanet comps ;)

Sorry to see the trouble for you Jerry :( It will get better I hope 👍

:cheers:
erik

Be nice if we could freeze the replay like in GT4. I feel I'm being DQed without conclusive evidence. The prob is I got to dang close to tell and should not have.

Also this was a very tough combo to stay clean.

I'm just furious because I can't figure out why I can't unzip any replays.

For the skyline contact, if you watch from the perspective of the skyline, with the hud up, you can see the speed jump by 1 mph before dropping back. There is also an audible change in engine RPMs at the moment of contact.

Where in the race are we referring to here, before turn 1 / lap 1?

Thanks for the kind words, Erik.

Last edited:

I will go back and look at it again, but I saw no fouls after having watched it about 5 times. I will accept the ruling of the judges, whatever the case. Thanks for taking your time to do all this. It must be grueling.

Chin up mate! It seams to be very discouraging to say the least, but the wrs and gtplanet has indured over time. I'd venture to say that this crap will go away once the newness buzz of gt5p is gone. At least I hope so for everyones sake.

Come on folk, it's not that hard to follow rules and stay clean, if you don't want to, then stay clear of gtplanet comps ;)

Sorry to see the trouble for you Jerry :( It will get better I hope 👍

erik

Well said, chin up Jerry your doing a grand job.

After all its not that difficult to keep it on the black stuff and no contact = clean racing 👍

Tacho in and time to start work, yipeeee its Friday :)

Last edited:
I will go back and look at it again, but I saw no fouls after having watched it about 5 times. I will accept the ruling of the judges, whatever the case. Thanks for taking your time to do all this. It must be grueling.

I just checked the lap, and it's clean. I viewed the reverse view from the Lotus. No speed change, and there's clean air visible between the back of the Lotus and the Vette.

And the run is in professional mode.

Very happy to report as clean, and I can't say that I'm surprised, based on the races we've had online in the past. 👍

Congrats!!

EDK
I just checked the lap, and it's clean. I viewed the reverse view from the Lotus. No speed change, and there's clean air visible between the back of the Lotus and the Vette.

Very happy to report as clean, and I can't say that I'm surprised, based on the races we've had online in the past. 👍

Congrats!!

Thanks for reviewing it again and thank you for the kind words. I remember several of those races with you - clean and fair - lessons in humiliation (lol). I went and reviewed it several times also and agree with you. The AI driver in the lotus uses a "brake-accelerate-brake" technique in the corners. I reviewed the entire race from the Lotus point of view and it uses this technique sometimes to the abstract - in one of the turns it did the "brake-accelerate-brake" manuever about 12 times through the turn.

Dang this is fun. This was a great challenge. Thanks to all who do the reviews and moderate this thing. You guys put up with a lot of crap and have to weed out a LOT of bad entries. Thanks for all you do.

EDK

Congrats!!

Thanks for reviewing it again and thank you for the kind words. I remember several of those races with you - clean and fair - lessons in humiliation (lol). I went and reviewed it several times also and agree with you. The AI driver in the lotus uses a "brake-accelerate-brake" technique in the corners. I reviewed the entire race from the Lotus point of view and it uses this technique sometimes to the abstract - in one of the turns it did the "brake-accelerate-brake" manuever about 12 times through the turn.

Dang this is fun. This was a great challenge. Thanks to all who do the reviews and moderate this thing. You guys put up with a lot of crap and have to weed out a LOT of bad entries. Thanks for all you do.

Congrats! Doing these reviews is extremely challenging and I really must say how much I respect those of you who have been doing this for awhile now.

It was also done in Standard Mode. :rolleyes:

oh no, how was that possible. i always play in pro mode. i can't believe how this happend. :banghead: this is never gonna happend again, i will double check everything the next time. if i didn't get a clean race, well ok. i got to do better the next time. but i feel so stupid now.

sorry, it was never my intension to cheat.

The spec3 update cleared all the settings, so that's probably why you didn't notice it was on standard physics.

Can't believe I missed that obvious fact.

As a new member I must say that all these DQ’s seriously question the credibility of the GTP-brand. Maybe this particular event was a bit too difficult to handle for organizer and driver – the game itself should have had the features to judge it. Anyway - I learned a lot from the event and improved my skills – thank you Sphinx, for that 👍 Cannot wait to get back on the track for future challenges! :cool:

Last edited:
Anyone checked my replay? Its on page 3.

Just checked your replay and it's clean 👍
And yes, I checked if it was done on pro mode ;)

[*]5:29.241 - GTP_Manuelos (Replay Required)
gflagjn4.gif

That makes you the fastest clean driver for SpecIII. Congratulations.

I feel I'm being DQed without conclusive evidence. The prob is I got to dang close to tell and should not have.

Allow me to highlight the areas of concern so we can try to get to the bottom of this:

The Wall Incident:

If studied close it clearly shows no wall contact.

Not at all, this footage shows that there is indeed a high chance that a wall touch occurred.

The Vette whilst increasing in speed and under full throttle reached 169MPH moments before the possible moment of impact. The Vette then drops to 168MPH whilst still under full throttle and then increases to 169MPH moments after, again, still under full throttle.

In normal circumstances I believe the extra tools given to us in GT4 would've been enough to determine if a touch had occurred or not, because there is still a second possibility that the speed drop was due to a sudden movement by the driver trying to avoid the wall.

In light of this second possibility and after a lot of discussion, the Race Admins still cannot say for certain that a touch occurred or not.

As for the Skyline contact, I checked every possible angle and could not get a clear view if there was contact or not. I never noticed being that close to the Skyline. I would not have posted that time if I seen that prior. :indiff:

The AI Incident

The first video shows the Vette under braking and the speed drop is sequential throughout. This normally indicates no touch occurred.

If there was a touch the speed drop would normally show the moment of impact, 55, 54, 53 , 51, 49 48MPH, for example.

However,
the second video shows the AI receiving an increase in speed whilst clearly decelerating. This would indicate that the increase in speed whilst decelerating was caused by the vette touching the AI and shunting the AI forward.

Again however, this incident can't be determined either way.

Final Outcome:

Clean...

...but with a couple of question marks against it.

👍

Last edited:
maybe we should keep a note on all the DQ's and if the Gtp member in the future submits a dirty time again in another event they get stripped of the GTP tag.
I think this would have been a great event for the GTP registery as it would have involved driver skill and also being honest, not that ime saying that all those dirty lap replays were being dishonest and not trying to cheat.

GTP Race Event 01 Spec III.zip Replay.

Sorry in the delay, just got in from work.

Attachments

• GTP Race Event 01 Spec III.zip
    153 KB · Views: 6
maybe we should keep a note on all the DQ's and if the Gtp member in the future submits a dirty time again in another event they get stripped of the GTP tag.
I think this would have been a great event for the GTP registery as it would have involved driver skill and also being honest, not that ime saying that all those dirty lap replays were being dishonest and not trying to cheat.

We certainly are having discussions in regard to possible repercussions for incidents, whether they occur in official events or otherwise.

This being the first event, and presumably the first OLR experience for many of the participants, I'm not sure we're at the point yet of handing out infractions. Many respected OLR racers have had DQ's in the past, for various reasons. I've had 2 for wall touches in past WRS events. (That's 2 wall touches with participation in about 65 events.)

The key that we want everyone to take away from this is to make it a learning experience.

And rest assured, if we have someone who shows consistent disregard for the rules and does not learn from their mistakes, action will be taken.

Often, it does not take the race steward stepping in to keep things on the level. Fellow participants can make someone that does not follow the rules very uncomfortable, to the point that they often just go away on their own.

We appreciate everyone's concern for keeping this clean and making sure we uphold high standards. 👍 👍

Last edited:
I can honestly say without fear of contradiction, that this event has been the worse GT event in terms of dirty submissions that any GT site has held in all the years of OLR.

I am very embarrassed to be part of it to be honest.

I guess it's because there are a lot of OLR noobs, me included. Lets put this one down under the heading "Learning Curve" and move on.

Hopefully the next event will be better. 👍

As for myself - I was so conscious about submitting a dirty run, I just junked everything dubious until I got a squeaky clean run.
That's why it was so slow.
That's my excuse. :)

I am totally agree with EDK. In my personal case, this was the first OLR experience, so I didn´t knew how high the standards were; thanks to the youtube videos posted by Sphinx, showing clearly the reason why participants were DQ´d, now standards are completely understood.
People should be banned or something, in case they sistematically infringe the rules, and the main principle of honesty, that I think is a common factor in (maybe) all GTP members.

GTP Race Event 01 Spec III.zip Replay.

Sorry in the delay, just got in from work.

I can download this and unzip it but it looks like you renamed the folder so I am getting it as Corrupt Data. You should follow the instructions outlined here and then reattach it. The best way I have seen is to zip the whole PS3/SAVEDATA area but at a minimum I think you need to zip the files with the directory name. Hope this helps (and I hope its not just me :) ).

I can download this and unzip it but it looks like you renamed the folder so I am getting it as Corrupt Data. You should follow the instructions outlined here and then reattach it. The best way I have seen is to zip the whole PS3/SAVEDATA area but at a minimum I think you need to zip the files with the directory name. Hope this helps (and I hope its not just me :) ).

He's a PAL user. Do you have a PAL disk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back