Expert class PP550 Fuji, :00 :15 :30 :45

• Thread starter SteveO1965
  • 262 comments
As usual in average hands the GTR is faster than the EVO Tuned and Subaru STI.
GTR kinda spoils the races between alot of other cars its just got too much power.

STI also seems to leave the Evo standing down the straights.

As usual in average hands the GTR is faster than the EVO Tuned and Subaru STI.

no, the Subaru can do the same laptimes like the GT-R. ;)

if you ask me

1.) GT-R + Subaru WRX 07
2.) Audi TT
3.) Evo X Tuned
4.) Subaru WRX 05

Yeah your probably right.
Just had a tinker with one after meeting a few guys online.

Managed a 154.4 but with room for improvement

no, the Subaru can do the same laptimes like the GT-R. ;)

if you ask me

1.) GT-R + Subaru WRX 07
2.) Audi TT
3.) Evo X Tuned
4.) Subaru WRX 05

Interesting to see this stated. I have yet to see a Subaru WRX 07 better 9'35 yet in both PAL and NTSC, even with fast racers on the grid. I have seen GTRs and R8s better 9:30 repeatedly.

Interesting to see this stated. I have yet to see a Subaru WRX 07 better 9'35 yet in both PAL and NTSC, even with fast racers on the grid. I have seen GTRs and R8s better 9:30 repeatedly.
I'm as quick in an R8 as am I in my currently preferred ride for this event - the 05 Scooby. But in a race, the Scooby is much more effective. Straight line speed matters in a race anyway, as it's easy to stop someone getting past in a corner but impossible to stop them getting past on a straight. But at Fuji there is the added element of the draft. With an R8 you have to be right on someone's tailpipe to hold the draft down the straight, but in the Scooby you're not only faster anyway, but you can catch up to a car a second in front and get their draft, which buys you another second. In the R8 if you're a second behind when you hit the straight you just end up even further behind. The draft multiplies the advantage of straight line speed.

I'll have to try the 07 Scooby though, having tried to follow one today it's just as quick in the corners as the 05, but even more of a monster down the straights.

Would be nice to race some GTPers in competitive cars, but most GTPers seem to be out in Lotuses tonight.

I'm as quick in an R8 as am I in my currently preferred ride for this event - the 05 Scooby. But in a race, the Scooby is much more effective. Straight line speed matters in a race anyway, as it's easy to stop someone getting past in a corner but impossible to stop them getting past on a straight. But at Fuji there is the added element of the draft. With an R8 you have to be right on someone's tailpipe to hold the draft down the straight, but in the Scooby you're not only faster anyway, but you can catch up to a car a second in front and get their draft, which buys you another second. In the R8 if you're a second behind when you hit the straight you just end up even further behind. The draft multiplies the advantage of straight line speed.

I'll have to try the 07 Scooby though, having tried to follow one today it's just as quick in the corners as the 05, but even more of a monster down the straights.

Would be nice to race some GTPers in competitive cars, but most GTPers seem to be out in Lotuses tonight.

Maybe it's my tune in the R8 but I've had no problem walking away from either Subaru or any of the Evos on the straights. The only car I've had issue holding off in the draft is the GTR. With cornering the only cars that give me a headache are the Tuned Evos with their added downforce. Otherwise I only see the Subarus slipping around in the corners due to their short wheelbase. Honestly that is probably more down to the drivers driving them. I have no doubt the Subarus could be effective in this race with a good driver.

good racing happening on here at the moment.

apologies to solarsystem for a few little nudges i gave him in the chicane.

i'm having some good races with GTExD-PinoR.👍

Last edited:
I just raced with AyrtonSenna and he put in a 9:25 in an 07 Subaru, leaving the two GT-Rs he was racing with in the dust after a couple of laps. They were driven by a couple of quick guys too - Solar System and someone else, I see them racing together late at night quite a lot. As it was only the four of us, I just watched them gradually getting smaller and tried to see what lines they were using.

sorry tzayad for contact, didn't see you in mirror when moving across to racing line...you really do have to watch your mirrors on fuji, people come from all directions.

sorry mate 👍

Spent some time tuning my WRX

Best lap i have done now is a 1'53.609
How does this compare with some of you guys?

Spent some time tuning my WRX

Best lap i have done now is a 1'53.609
How does this compare with some of you guys?

It's an excellent laptime, there are some people clocking 1'52s, but they are rare. My average is around 1'54 in the 07 WRX but I think my tune needs work, especially the gears.

All the best
Maz

Is anybody else finding the penalties in this race even more unfair and annoying than usual?

It's possible to cut the chicane and go hugely wide at the exit of the final turn, both of which should be an obvious penalty. But the most annoying part is that if someone dives up the inside and pushes you wide at turn 2 or the exit of turn 4 you end up going wide and getting a shortcut penalty yourself, while the overly aggressive driver disappears off up the track.

I've also seen a few ramming penalties for pretty innocuous overtakes (from behind and as either of the two participants) - usually with the car being overtaken being the one getting the penalty, even if the collision was very minor and/or clearly down to the driver going up the inside coming in too hot. Being penalised for still bothering to try and make the turn I guess, even if they were taking a wide line and leaving room.

Is anybody else finding the penalties in this race even more unfair and annoying than usual?

It's possible to cut the chicane and go hugely wide at the exit of the final turn, both of which should be an obvious penalty. But the most annoying part is that if someone dives up the inside and pushes you wide at turn 2 or the exit of turn 4 you end up going wide and getting a shortcut penalty yourself, while the overly aggressive driver disappears off up the track.

I've also seen a few ramming penalties for pretty innocuous overtakes (from behind and as either of the two participants) - usually with the car being overtaken being the one getting the penalty, even if the collision was very minor and/or clearly down to the driver going up the inside coming in too hot. Being penalised for still bothering to try and make the turn I guess, even if they were taking a wide line and leaving room.

Totally agree 100% mate, i have nearly chucked my pad a few times in frustration :ouch:.

I am going to have a laugh and try an Integrale around Fuji, the integrale is like me? old but still going :lol:

yeah ive yet to meet a clean racer with a GTLM tag although they seem to behve when theres other tagged racers....

Not tonight mate, there was two of them in white GTR's 1st and 2nd, i took second in a clean move with my Evo/X, when i was punted deliberately by then 3rd place GTLMsquad member, i was using my GTP tag at the time?

Yeah they seem to like using EVO X's as brakes and to help getting round corners,did one of them's name begin with a K by any chance?

watch out for toni193 aswell.

GTLMsquad? 👎
I've just had four or five races with a load of GTLMsquad guys and I found them to be fast and clean, some of the best races I've had for a while. I went side-by-side through corners several times without any drama. There was one minor bit of paint-swapping, but that really was a racing incident; nobody got hurt.

I don't know what power/weight they're using for their GT-R tunes, but they were all very fast down the straights.

Edit:

The one who punted me more than once was G*****GTLMsquad
I was close to them for ten laps or so in total and saw them spin off a couple of times (and was beaten to second place by them by less than 7cm - we had identical times). They seemed to find their GT-R a bit of a handfull, which makes me think they may not have been deliberate punts. If you went with the policy in your sig and they had the same policy then, well, things may have escalated. Of course I didn't see the incidents you're referring to, so this is all speculation on my part.

Last edited:
I've just had four or five races with a load of GTLMsquad guys and I found them to be fast and clean, some of the best races I've had for a while. I went side-by-side through corners several times without any drama. There was one minor bit of paint-swapping, but that really was a racing incident; nobody got hurt.

I don't know what power/weight they're using for their GT-R tunes, but they were all very fast down the straights.

Edit:

I was close to them for ten laps or so in total and saw them spin off a couple of times (and was beaten to second place by them by less than 7cm - we had identical times). They seemed to find their GT-R a bit of a handfull, which makes me think they may not have been deliberate punts. If you went with the policy in your sig and they had the same policy then, well, things may have escalated. Of course I didn't see the incidents you're referring to, so this is all speculation on my part.

GTP_Rexc was in that last race,im pretty sure he seen the other white gtr ( i was in the extremely slow white gtr due to leaving on the asm) and the gtlm guy delibrately kept slowing down and taking ramming shots at me,tempted to set up the video recorder to get it.

Mate take it from me it was deliberate, when you race cleanly you get to know these things, first hit i put it down to a mistake, second hit i thought Mm-mm, third hit confirmed what i thought, fourth attempt took me out at the chicane and that was 100% dirty, i did nothing to provoke him other than pass him cleanly and split him and his friend? a fellow GTLMsquad member, my SIG represents not the way i drive but the way i feel, and sorry i am only human and it gets to me, what goes around comes around??

Mate take it from me it was deliberate, when you race cleanly you get to know these things, first hit i put it down to a mistake, second hit i thought Mm-mm, third hit confirmed what i thought, fourth attempt took me out at the chicane and that was 100% dirty, i did nothing to provoke him other than pass him cleanly and split him and his friend? a fellow GTLMsquad member, my SIG represents not the way i drive but the way i feel, and sorry i am only human and it gets to me, what goes around comes around??
I just raced a different GTLM driver with a name beginning with a G and while I wasn't close enough to be sure what was going on, the cars in front were mysteriously spinning off one by one as G**** got close. 👎

Back