GTP_WRS Week 05 : Official Results (GT5P)

• Thread starter Sphinx
  • 59 comments
GTP_phantom Correct specs and clean. 👍

Congradulations Phantom. :cheers:

Last edited:
Away on a trip right now but I think I found my replay on my USB stick:

Should be a Pro run at HSR with time of 1'12.851 for GTP_LinPark.

It's funny - Russ had me beat by 0.15 secs at T1 and then we ran an identical time from there. I could never get T1 perfect and then turn in good T2's and finals - now I can go run this thing online and get my name up there at least. :)

Please give it a view (it was done with my NTSC copy) - THANKS!

Attachments

• BCUS98158-RPLY2-B-5E2ED2A7008.zip
    103.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Thanks a bunch Marc but Manuelos thinks I tapped the wall coming out of the second lefthander. I think I was just hitting the curb. Could you or anyone else please check? Thanks :scared:
I'm afraid you did hit the wall there. I watched the replay a few times and the car is already completely on the curb before it bounces back. I can only conclude that the car hits the barrier at that point. Sorry. :ill:

But I must say that you did some mighty nice drifting throughout almost the entire lap, especially through the right/left combination after T1. 👍

GTP_Denur - Clean,though close.
GTP_mr-P - Clean
GTP_hyperuk - Clean

GTP_bigracer - walltouch.
Steven,
During the week I had the feeling by the slightest touch the lap would be invalid.
I took a car and put it against the wall in the same bend and could do a burn-out for a minute,nothing happened,even a slight wall hit still white numbers.
So a walltouch is possible with out being a illegal lap and your cars backend bounces back.

Steven,
During the week I had the feeling by the slightest touch the lap would be invalid.
I took a car and put it against the wall in the same bend and could do a burn-out for a minute,nothing happened,even a slight wall hit still white numbers.
So a walltouch is possible with out being a illegal lap and your cars backend bounces back.

I'd like to highlight this as an example of what it takes to run the WRS (or any event for that matter) the right way - it was brought to my attention when working with Sphinx after joining this forum quite some time ago exactly how much time goes into events by these moderators and admins. A HUGE thanks to them for all the hard work they put in just to give the rest of us a reason to keep coming back again and again. 👍

I got it LinPark.

GTP_LinPark Correct specs and clean. 👍

Not to many NTSC guy's in the WRS, it's hard to get replay's checked.

I'd like to highlight this as an example of what it takes to run the WRS (or any event for that matter) the right way - it was brought to my attention when working with Sphinx after joining this forum quite some time ago exactly how much time goes into events by these moderators and admins. A HUGE thanks to them for all the hard work they put in just to give the rest of us a reason to keep coming back again and again. 👍

I'll echo that.

echo.jpg

NTSC - Japan, right?

To all - I am deeply ashamed for submitting a dirty lap. This is very much against my own attitude of competing in WRS.

[eating dust for the rest of the week]

A big :yuck: and :banghead: to myself, and I hope this will not be remembered for long ...

--------------
Thanks for reviewing my submission. I tried to look at yours, but I was not able to unzip the downloaded file. I tried using both Microsoft Vista, and my other computer with Windows XP. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. ( and I'm not a computer idiot :sly:). I tried other racers downloads, too. Any advice?

--------------
Thanks for reviewing my submission. I tried to look at yours, but I was not able to unzip the downloaded file. I tried using both Microsoft Vista, and my other computer with Windows XP. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. ( and I'm not a computer idiot :sly:). I tried other racers downloads, too. Any advice?

It seems to be a zip inside a zip. Rename the single extracted file so it has a .zip extension, then unzip it again. You should now have a folder named ps3 which is how it will be copied on to the ps3. I don't know why this happens.

Sureshot, NTSC is North America.

Last edited:
Sureshot, NTSC is North America.

Japan uses it too, and so do a few other places. NTSC-J replays won't play in a North American NTSC game though, so there are some differences. I might have a friend of mine send me a NTSC-J copy from Japan for checking replays.

I got it LinPark.

GTP_LinPark Correct specs and clean. 👍

I'll be focusing my attention here for awhile (once I get home from this trip) so chalk me up as an NTSC approver. Thanks for verifying and I can't tell you how glad I am that they promoted you - somebody tell Timppaq to watch out for this RussRobit fella because he is coming and he can't be stopped. :)

Japan uses it too, and so do a few other places. NTSC-J replays won't play in a North American NTSC game though, so there are some differences. I might have a friend of mine send me a NTSC-J copy from Japan for checking replays.

What I can't understand is that anyone can go online and download any one of the top 10 drivers arcade replays no matter what version of the game we have and no matter what version they used to do the race. So there has to be a quick and dirty conversion to set the replay up to run on any version of the game - why doesn't PD just give us that so we can all share replays more easily?????

Here is my replay for this race 👍

Again 👍 to all who participate & organize :sly:

Attachments

• WRS_5_GTP_Wayne.zip
    132.2 KB · Views: 11
Congrats to all division winners and podiums 👍
Nice to win in division 2 2 weeks in a row, although I lost some competition because Manuelos got promoted (you deserved it, mate 👍).
Of course RussRobit got promoted to Div 2 and is very fast aswell :nervous:

Anyway, here's my replay. Times:

T1: 0'26.670
T2: 0'50.727
Lap:1'12.650

Attachments

• GTP_Racer_LP WRS week 05.zip
    103.6 KB · Views: 9
GTP_RussRobit replay is correct specs and clean 👍

Thanks for checking VentureDenny. 👍

I'll be focusing my attention here for awhile (once I get home from this trip) so chalk me up as an NTSC approver. Thanks for verifying and I can't tell you how glad I am that they promoted you - somebody tell Timppaq to watch out for this RussRobit fella because he is coming and he can't be stopped. :)

What I can't understand is that anyone can go online and download any one of the top 10 drivers arcade replays no matter what version of the game we have and no matter what version they used to do the race. So there has to be a quick and dirty conversion to set the replay up to run on any version of the game - why doesn't PD just give us that so we can all share replays more easily?????

Thanks for the kind words LinPark and I hope your trip turns out better than most of mine. (Truck driver.) :)

I'm guessing there's some kind of switch in the replay code that the server saves. Just like in world events.

Congrats to all division winners and podiums 👍
Nice to win in division 2 2 weeks in a row, although I lost some competition because Manuelos got promoted (you deserved it, mate 👍).
Of course RussRobit got promoted to Div 2 and is very fast aswell :nervous:

Anyway, here's my replay. Times:

T1: 0'26.670
T2: 0'50.727
Lap:1'12.650

It all depends on how my aforementioned trips turn out as to how much time I have. Matching d2 times is not just a Sunday drive. :sly:

It all depends on how my aforementioned trips turn out as to how much time I have. Matching d2 times is not just a Sunday drive. :sly:

Same here, mate. I didn't play for a couple of days after I did my faster time and when I tried again my fastest lap was over 1/10th slower. I was doing constant laps about 2/10ths slower which isn't bad, but it doesn't improve my lap :ouch:.

Anyway, welcome to division 2, mate :cheers:. You sertainly have the speed to deserve to be in it! 👍

Here's my replay im on a NTSC Japanese version.

Well done Racer_LP, very close. I thought id got it this week.

Attachments

• BCJS30017-RPLY2-B-5E2ED2A7003.zip
    101.7 KB · Views: 12
Here's my replay im on a NTSC Japanese version.

Well done Racer_LP, very close. I thought id got it this week.

Yeah, very close indeed. 6 of us (including Wayne, although he's div 1) were within 0.05 sec at T2, so the final sector was gonna deside it and it seems like I was a little bit faster there.

Still, well done mate. 👍

congrats to all the winners
here's my replay:

Attachments

• GTP Nuclearfire WRS week 5.zip
    97 KB · Views: 11
GTP_Racer_LP: clean race + correct specs:tup:

GTP_Wayne, could it be that you uploaded the wrong file? I'm seeing the replay with the gt40 from week 4

And I think I have a problem to. Seems like I can't find my replay file. While I was transfering the replay from bigracer, I'm sure my replay was still there. But I think the one from bigracer overwrited my replay file ... so no replay from me, so you can scrape my time from the results:guilty: Sorry for the inconvenience:indiff:

Your replay wasn't requested ,only the top three of your division have to submit a replay.

That the replay is lost is for me at this moment no reason to scrape your time.

1 NTSC replay to reviewed:

GTP_Nuclearfire : post 52.

1 NTSC replay to reviewed:

GTP_Nuclearfire : post 52.

I'll check it tonight

Edit: checked
GTP_Nuclearfire is correct specs and clean lap 👍

Last edited:
Thanks everybody for uploading and confirming so many green.👍

results are official now.

:cheers:

Latest Posts