Patch 1.1 is out

• Thread starter drivatar
  • 19 comments
Patch 1.1 is online.

Changing the car in the lobby got in :).

http://forums.eutechnyx.com/index.php/topic,1184.0.html

Bugs Fixed:

The starting point of the 430 Scuderia in the Invitational race has been moved which means the car now behaves properly at the beginning of the race.
Each Invitational race now uses a scripted difficulty value rather then a dynamic one which makes it more progressive.
Incorrect configuration of the Thrustmaster 3-in-1 wheel when using either manual or semi-automatic gears.
Livery disappearing if applied to a newly purchased car without leaving the showroom.
Loading more than one saved livery without leaving the showroom caused the livery to become corrupt.
Price of the F50 GT corrected to 140K.
Increased the maximum allowed scale on some vinyl groups.
512m renders correctly.
Gear indicator freezing on the interior view.
Racing line changing in an Invitational race when the TC setting was adjusted.
Speedo being frozen sometimes.
A.I. driving off the track at the start of the race.
Stage 1 Objective, "Finish a lap in 5th place or above without losing position".
Stage 5 Invitational, 550GT Challenge start point amended.
Trophies where damage on the results screen is shown as zero and not awarded.
Shopaholic trophy.
Mont Tremblant turn 8 leaves moved.
Unable to mute players sometimes.
On-line wins, podiums and races played stats sometimes don't update.
Cursor going out of sync in the lobby and unable to view player stats / view incorrect player stats.
Add extra penalty zones to Silverstone Southern.
Race invites in French and Spanish.
A.I. bunching in to corners.
Improved A.I. braking on the straights when near other cars.
A.I. driving off the track in random places.
General difficulty of the A.I. re-balanced.
Up and Coming and the Bound for Glory trophy Italian translations.

This may make the patch although it is subject to testing:

Allow the host to change the car in the lobby.

Looks good... guess I'll get to downloading this in a bit 👍

Can anybody actually confirm if the ability to change the car in the lobby DID in fact make it into this patch?

Just posted this on the Eutechnyx forum.

Downloaded patch 1.1, bought the F50 GT and tried to do a Time Trial and a Quick Race. On both counts the game freezes on the world map loading screen, not even the effects on the Aston are working yet the music keeps playing. I deleted the patch and that doesn't work either.

What's wrong here? It was fine before I downloaded the patch but even without it my game isn't working now? I guess because I deleted the patch and I bought the F50 GT my game is ruined. I don't want to have to start from scratch.

Vincent, I don't want to start trouble shooting and offer you wrong advise. But I would suggest as follows:

1. Try downloading the patch again.
2. If that doesn't work, try using a different profile on your PS3 and see if it makes a difference.
3. Create a brand new profile and see if it works.

It's a temporary solution that will allow you to take part in the events as all cars are available on-line.

Actually, somebody just made a post about this in the Eutechnyx forums. As of right now, the the paddle shifters on the G27 do NOT work with Supercar Challenge. I'm pretty sure they will patch this in at some point, although no official response from the developer yet.

* Custom Livery Bug *

As some of you know and have already experienced, there is bug in Supercar Challenge (which actually existed before the v1.1 patch) that causes either the track to disappear or the game to crash all together when applying a custom livery and starting a race. It's not always repeatable and some of you may not experience this. But obviously Vincent went through this headache, as did hm66. After an exchange with the Eutechnyx folks, I can tell you this:

1. They are aware of the problem and are working on a fix. We don't know when a new patch will be available.

2. In the meantime you CAN apply a custom livery to your cars, but:

3. Do NOT go directly to the livery screen after purchasing a car. Exit the Showroom and take it on the track first--Quick Race, Arcade, Time Trial, etc.

4. When you go back to the Showroom and choose to apply a livery, do NOT go directly from the livery screen to the setup screen/pit area after your livery is completed. Exit the showroom and run another race.

5. At this point you should be able to change the set-up on your car with a custom livery applied.

6. If you do run into this problem and the game crashes or your car appears to float through the air, go back to the showroom and SELL the car.

Until a fix is patched in, following these steps should keep you out of trouble. I'll add a link to this post from my 250TR event.

has anybody tried this game with a Logitech G27? can you use the paddle shifters?

Actually, somebody just made a post about this in the Eutechnyx forums. As of right now, the the paddle shifters on the G27 do NOT work with Supercar Challenge. I'm pretty sure they will patch this in at some point, although no official response from the developer yet.

That would be me that posted that!

Here's the rest of the story,
Full manual mode paddle shifters are non functioning, automatic mode they work as look left & look right as they are mapped in the controls screen, in semi automatic mode the paddles work to shift up & down.
Hopefully this will be an easy fix that will be taken care of in the next update.

That would be me that posted that!

Here's the rest of the story,
Full manual mode paddle shifters are non functioning, automatic mode they work as look left & look right as they are mapped in the controls screen, in semi automatic mode the paddles work to shift up & down.
Hopefully this will be an easy fix that will be taken care of in the next update.

if they work in Semi auto mode then what is the problem? what needs to be taken care of?

And I don't see what your doubt is. If I don't want semi auto because I want to decide each and every gear change I do, be it up or downshifting .... the G27 becomes a useless piece of 🤬 because I can't have it with that wheel.

And I don't see what your doubt is. If I don't want semi auto because I want to decide each and every gear change I do, be it up or downshifting .... the G27 becomes a useless piece of 🤬 because I can't have it with that wheel.

oh, so in semi auto mode it will sometimes shift for you? if thats the case then there is still an issue.

oh, so in semi auto mode it will sometimes shift for you? if thats the case then there is still an issue.

in semi auto mode you decide when to upshift but it downshifts by itself, it does not downshift when I want to downshift so I want it to work in full manual

I just wanted to give this thread a little bump and mention the good news that Eutechnyx is well into testing features and improvement for the v1.2 patch. And specifically, as posted by the Forum Administrator from Eutechnyx this morning, they're working on a major improvement to the on-line code:

We are beginning testing the improved on-line code. So far the results are very encouraging. Preliminary tests show that:

The effect of Lag has been improved considerably
Collisions are handled completely differently and are far more stable
The prediction code is more accurate
The odd smoke and skid mark that got produced by the car in front at the wrong time has been fixed
Bandwidth usage has been reduced by 50% making the general performance better

We'll keep you updated.

This is great news and I think especially after the lag related issues which affected our last 'Classic' event, this is encouraging. I suspect with such an extensive re-write, it will be several weeks or longer before the testing is completed, the code optimized and the patch finally released. But at least we know it's coming and it should improve things.

Back