Renown Tuning ™

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, thanks for the Ford GT tune...I've been playing with mine the last couple days. I'll try your settings tomorrow.

Cheers

I'm just curious if any of you have been able to complete the Porche Carerra GT spa race.

The car bounces so bad I can't complete it even on easy, which is extremely easy to do on all the other races.

I'm just curious if any of you have been able to complete the Porche Carerra GT spa race.

The car bounces so bad I can't complete it even on easy, which is extremely easy to do on all the other races.

No. Most of the Teir 4 Invitational Races are really screwed up with bouncing and framerate issues. I've totally given up on them until the patch comes out. I'm on a PS3 by the way...

Terronium,

If it's alright with you, possible for you to kindly share with us what's the practical meaning of each item in advance tuning?

As in what it does that allow us to better understand the tuning mechanics in NFS shift?
I would love to understand more to better enjoy this game given that EA is working on a new patch.

Thank you.

Hi Terronium, do you think you can take a look at the Ford Falken Mustang Works converted tune?

Most of your other tunes suit my driving style just fine.

I would love to push these beast to its limits, well balanced of course.
Finding it rather jumpy at the moment, and weight shift at corners are bad

No. Most of the Teir 4 Invitational Races are really screwed up with bouncing and framerate issues. I've totally given up on them until the patch comes out. I'm on a PS3 by the way...

I'm playing it on the 360. I just managed to win it a few minutes ago on easy. Although easy it wasn't. I doubt its doable on medium.

Its a shame this game is so screwed up, it could have been a pretty decent racer.

mark8100 wants to request an Audi R8 tune. He's having problems with his account which only allows him to post in the Site Feedback portion of GTP.

Sorry everyone, had a little trouble with my phone service/internet and satellite service, all in the same week. :ill:

Fortunately, both were resolved today with the internet just a few seconds ago. Looks like I'm behind with requests and whatnot, let me go through what's been posted over the past few days and I'll get back to things soon.

Also, look forward to our new FM3 store opening on Sunday. :D

....I think.

Hi Terronium-12

Just want to say thanks for all the effort you've put into the setups. They have proven to be very useful in improving the driving experience for me. I used your format to create a blank form that I've printed for each car with the defaults and the RT tunings. I use it as a reference while trying different settings durings runs and can easily pencil in changes and track what effect those changes have.

Keep up the good work. I really do appreciate it. 👍

Hey Terronium,

Have you had a chance to re-evaluate your Ford Shelby GT500 Tune? I'm itchin' to give it a flex :drool:

trojan

I've been working on it little by little, but the entire week was a wreck in some ways and I've yet to finish it. Something else that will be done today.

Terronium,

If it's alright with you, possible for you to kindly share with us what's the practical meaning of each item in advance tuning?

As in what it does that allow us to better understand the tuning mechanics in NFS shift?
I would love to understand more to better enjoy this game given that EA is working on a new patch.

Thank you.

I'll address this here, or in another thread related to RT. Sometime today.

Hi Terronium, do you think you can take a look at the Ford Falken Mustang Works converted tune?

Most of your other tunes suit my driving style just fine.

I would love to push these beast to its limits, well balanced of course.
Finding it rather jumpy at the moment, and weight shift at corners are bad

The Falken Mustang is a reward car and can't be modified whatsoever, unfortunately.

mark8100 wants to request an Audi R8 tune. He's having problems with his account which only allows him to post in the Site Feedback portion of GTP.

I've got an R8 setup on hand, and it'll be listed soon.

Audi R8 4.2 FSI Quattro

Vehicle Note: Seam-welded chassis was not used in this tune.

Car Rating: 13.14

Tire and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 33.33
R. Tire Pressure - 33.48
Brake Balance - 57.50

Alignment

Steering Lock - 23.00
Caster Angle - 2.50
F. Toe Angle - -0.10
R. Toe Angle - 0.20
F. Camber - -1.50
R. Camber - -0.90
F. Ride Height - 80.00
R. Ride Height - 100.00

Springs and Dampers

F. Sway bar - 399.73
R. Sway bar - 199.86
F. Spring Rate - 399.73
R. Spring Rate - 485.38
F. Bump Stop Length - 0.00
R. Bump Stop Length - 0.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 5,200.00
R. Damper Slow Bump - 5,200.00
F. Damper Fast Bump - 2,200.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 2,200.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 9,500.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 9,800.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 5,200.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 5,200.00

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock - N/A
L. Slip Deceleration Lock - N/A
L. Slip Preload - 60.00
Visco Electronic Lock - 55.00

Gearing

Final - 6.04
1st - 3.50
2nd - 2.66
3rd - 1.86
4th - 1.39
5th - 1.17
6th - 0.83

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 12.00
R. Downforce - 14.00
Cooler Radiator Opening - N/A
Brake Duct Opening - N/A

Renown Tuning - Driver Discretion Advised.

Last edited:
This Mustang is a peculiar one.

It oversteers pretty badly, but when it oversteers and believe me unless you've tuned it to do so you'll have to try to hard to make it step out, but when it does...it understeers while...oversteering.

It's like losing control of what you've lost control of. It's a double negative.

Ford Shelby GT500 - Stage III Works Converted

Car Rating: 11.30

Tire and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 33.19
R. Tire Pressure - 32.90
Brake Balance - 57.50

Alignment

Steering Lock - 23.00
Caster Angle - 3.00
F. Toe Angle - -0.10
R. Toe Angle - 0.20
F. Camber - -1.50
R. Camber - -1.20
F. Ride Height - 85.00
R. Ride Height - 95.00

Springs and Dampers

F. Sway bar - 399.73
R. Sway bar - 285.52
F. Spring Rate - 513.93
R. Spring Rate - 456.83
F. Bump Stop Length - 0.00
R. Bump Stop Length - 0.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 6,400.00
R. Damper Slow Bump - 6,100.00
F. Damper Fast Bump - 3,000.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 3,200.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 10,400.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 10,400.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 7,000.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 6,100.00

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock - 50.00
L. Slip Deceleration Lock - 40.00
L. Slip Preload - 80.00
Visco Electronic Lock - N/A

Gearing

Final - 5.44
1st - 3.03
2nd - 1.80
3rd - 1.34
4th - 1.13
5th - 0.97
6th - 0.75

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 9.00
R. Downforce - 13.00
Cooler Radiator Opening - 3.00
Brake Duct Opening - 4.00

Last edited:
The tuning guide that was requested (by mophead I believe) isn't going to be posted until sometime during next week. It's taking a bit longer than I thought as I'm being rather anal about what information I include. :lol:

In any case once I do post it I'm sure it should help everyone, I hope.

hi terronium...first of all i would like to say great work for your post...i want to ask you what is the best car to use in the ENDURANCE EVENT because i have been using lamborghini lp 640 and i still can't win against the boss in that stage although he's using the same car as mine...appreciate your help

Zonda R, Version 2

Vehicle Note: Settings have massively improved, however, I will not erase the original tune as it may work for some but this has been pestering me for quite some time now and as such it will be listed again, just as the tune is read above.

It is advised that you use this with the RT-Recommended AdCon settings.

Car Rating: 20.50

Tires and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 28.55
R. Tire Pressure - 28.84
Break Balance - 57.50

Alignment

Steering Lock -14.00
Caster Angle - 3.50
F. Toe Angle - 0.20
R. Toe Angle - -0.20
F. Camber - -2.00
R. Camber - -1.40
F. Ride Height - 80.00
R. Ride Height - 90.00

Springs and Dampers

F. Sway Bar - 228.41
R. Sway Bar - 85.66
F. Spring Rate - 399.73
R. Spring Rate - 485.38
F. Bump Stop Length - 2.00
R. Bump Stop Length - 1.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 3,800.00
R. Damper Slow Bump - 3,200.00
F. Damper Fast Bump - 3,000.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 3,000.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 9,700.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 9,800.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 6,200.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 5,600.00

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock - 70.00
L. Slip Deceleration Lock - 60.00
L. Slip Preload - 100.00
Visco Electronic Lock - 90.00

Gearing

Final - N/A
1st - 3.31
2nd - 2.09
3rd - 1.45
4th - 1.09
5th - 0.90
6th - 0.69

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 8.00
R. Downforce - 9.00
Cooler Radiator Opening - 1.00
Brake Duct Opening - 4.00

Compare these improved settings with the original and I guarantee you will see the improvement, tenfold.

Last edited:
Yow! That Zonda is a monster... in a good way. :)

Great tune. Very much more controllable. But for me, driving it on the Ring still feels like a 6 minute and 30 second self-defense excercise...:nervous:

Yow! That Zonda is a monster... in a good way. :)

Great tune. Very much more controllable. But for me, driving it on the Ring still feels like a 6 minute and 30 second self-defense excercise...:nervous:

That's a fantastic expression, I like that one.

If you're using the RT AdCon settings try resetting them to default and if that doesn't work there's thread around here with a bunch of different AdCon settings...

That's a fantastic expression, I like that one.

If you're using the RT AdCon settings try resetting them to default and if that doesn't work there's thread around here with a bunch of different AdCon settings...

Sadly the controller at fault here is the top-level controller... and to my knowledge there's no adjustment for it. :D

hey again
once again thanks for all the woork you put in i ben testing many of your setups and they help me alot:embarrassed:)

i try to make small adjust to make them fit my drivingstil.
most at the time i get it right:embarrassed:)

im looking forward to getting a helping hand on what dos what in tuning :
"The tuning guide that was requested (by mophead I believe) isn't going to be posted until sometime during next week. It's taking a bit longer than I thought as I'm being rather anal about what information I include.

In any case once I do post it I'm sure it should help everyone, I hope. "

once again thanks for all your woork and the time you put in.

ps: if any one whans a clean race on ps3 pleas add me as freind and lets race my screen name X-THE_FREAK-X im not super fast but gets around the ring in 6:36 - 6:49

I wanted to say thanks for all the work you've put into this thread. It has helped me tremendously.

I'm sure this was coming sooner or later, so I guess I'll request it now XD
Would it be possible for you to do an AE86 Stage 3 tune? (Stage 2 tires, no seam weld, no increase boost, no wide tires, Stage 1 body kit)

Thanks ( '-')b

I haven't forgotten about my original location, just been getting the new up to specification...

I'm still taking requests and what have you, and the guide itself is also still being worked on, so, everything will come together shortly.

Hi Terro,

thx for all your efforts. Love every bit of your work.
I have been trying to make a few tiny changes to your Shelby tune to make it suitable for my newbie driving skills.

May i ask you to make some comments on my tune if I post it here? Thx

I haven't forgotten about my original location, just been getting the new up to specification...

I'm still taking requests and what have you, and the guide itself is also still being worked on, so, everything will come together shortly.

Terronium... at the risk of being redundant... Is there any chance you could work up an e46 M3 - Works Converted tune?

I think this may be a car that's beyond help until the patch, but if you could give it your best shot I'd appreciate it... Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back