Renown Tuning ™

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, tested and tested, the car is less drivable than standard setting, in conrner it has too much oversteer and traction control/stability control continuosly are in action!
How do I solve?
Thanks

Go to Options > Gameplay and disable any aids you don't want active.

I'll be spending a bit of Saturday and most of Sunday putting up some new tunes, so, if you've got a request now would be the time and I'll get up as many as I can.

Last edited:
lol durkas, didn't you like the DB9 Tune? i'm loving it lol. also, thanks for the 135 i 6 rating thing terronium.

i have another request.

SL65 AMG stage3. also can it be tuned for tracks like the Nuburgring and like those dakota tracks. basically, speed biased.

also, can you recommend a good car for the 10.00 rating division online? i like my EVO 9, but it's brakes are letting me down

Last edited:
HI TERRONIUM, looks like you will be very busy this weekend, please if you can squeeze in a tune for a
RENAULT SPORT MEGANNE RS, and if possible a LEXUS LFA CONCEPT, thanks cheers

The Nissan GTR no doubt is my best vehicle for drivability. I use a keyboard and have tried to make the accelarator as dead as possible. I love the corvette but it has the same issues as other rear drive high hp cars for me.........I cant control the power very well in corners. Lots of tapping and spinning out or unconrollable tight corners due to power inconsistancy. The rearend on the vette hops quite a bit from time to time as well. I have tried everything and I cant think of with the springs and sway bars with no real luck. I can put down serious lap times at London River, Ambush Canyon, Road America but not consistantly. Spa is a different story. My GTR is great at SPA but no good top speed can be attained. The GTR and vette react quite differently to the rediculous bumping and grining. I swear I think the only reason the other cars are on the track are to crash the player. My GTR survives and corrects rather well. The vette is so loose that it hops and slides all over uncontrollably.

If anyone has some ideas on how to fix my problem with the vettes gas pedal I would love to hear it. I know many will tell me to get a wheel and pedals but I dont have that option. Frankly I think I do pretty damn well with the keyboard. My vette has done a 1:17xx at London River. My GTRs best is I believe 1:18xxx. Again, my top speed sufferes poorly as it drags its ass bad but I cant fix it.

Last edited:
The Nissan GTR no doubt is my best vehicle for drivability. I use a keyboard and have tried to make the accelarator as dead as possible. I love the corvette but it has the same issues as other rear drive high hp cars for me.........I cant control the power very well in corners. Lots of tapping and spinning out or unconrollable tight corners due to power inconsistancy. The rearend on the vette hops quite a bit from time to time as well. I have tried everything and I cant think of with the springs and sway bars with no real luck. I can put down serious lap times at London River, Ambush Canyon, Road America but not consistantly. Spa is a different story. My GTR is great at SPA but no good top speed can be attained. The GTR and vette react quite differently to the rediculous bumping and grining. I swear I think the only reason the other cars are on the track are to crash the player. My GTR survives and corrects rather well. The vette is so loose that it hops and slides all over uncontrollably.

If anyone has some ideas on how to fix my problem with the vettes gas pedal I would love to hear it. I know many will tell me to get a wheel and pedals but I dont have that option. Frankly I think I do pretty damn well with the keyboard. My vette has done a 1:17xx at London River. My GTRs best is I believe 1:18xxx. Again, my top speed sufferes poorly as it drags its ass bad but I cant fix it.

I wouldn't tell you to get a wheel, not for Shift, I would suggest getting a gamepad though. Mapping the controls to keys are going to be overly-sensitive no matter how much you adjust the deadzones, and quite frankly I'm damn impressed you're even playing the game as you are - so top kudos for that, but I can't really suggest anything as I wouldn't even know where to begin....

Aston Martin V8 Vantage, N400 - Stage 3 Custom

Vehicle Note: This tune was approached without the following upgrades: cockpit upgrade 3 and seam-welded chassis.

Driver's Note: I haven't adjusted any of the gear ratios at the moment, I mainly focused on finally getting this tune out the door, so all of the gear ratios are currently left at their default values.

Car Rating: 8.96

Tire and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 33.33
R. Tire Pressure - 33.33
Brake Balance - 53.00

Alignment

Steering Lock - 13.00
Caster Angle - 3.25
F. Toe Angle - -0.20
R. Toe Angle - 0.20
F. Camber - -1.80
R. Camber - -1.30
F. Ride Height - 80.00
R. Ride Height - 95.00

Springs and Dampers

F. Sway bar - 228.41
R. Sway bar - 85.66
F. Spring Rate - 513.93
R. Spring Rate - 456.83
F. Bump Stop Length - 2.00
R. Bump Stop Length - 0.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 4,000.00
R. Damper Slow Bump - 4,000.00
F. Damper Fast Bump - 2,600.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 2,800.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 5,600.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 6,900.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 3,600.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 4,300.00

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock - 50.00
L. Slip Deceleration Lock - 50.00
L. Slip Preload - 60.00
Visco Electronic Lock - N/A

Gearing

- Default values

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 6.00
R. Downforce - 10.00
Cooler Radiator Opening - N/A
Brake Duct Opening - N/A

Renown Tuning - Driver Discretion Advised.

Last edited:
Lamborghini Reventón

Car Rating: 13.00

Tire and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 33.48
R. Tire Pressure - 34.78
Brake Balance - 54.50

Alignment

Steering Lock - 17.00
Caster Angle - 2.50
F. Toe Angle - -0.10
R. Toe Angle - 0.10
F. Camber - -1.90
R. Camber - -1.50
F. Ride Height - 85.00
R. Ride Height - 95.00

Springs and Dampers

F. Sway bar - 228.41
R. Sway bar - 142.74
F. Spring Rate - 399.73
R. Spring Rate - 485.38
F. Bump Stop Length - 0.00
R. Bump Stop Length - 0.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 3,800.00
R. Damper Slow Bump - 3,200.00
F. Damper Fast Bump - 2,400.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 2,200.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 9,100.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 8,600.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 5,000.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 5,000.00

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock - N/A
L. Slip Deceleration Lock - N/A
L. Slip Preload - 70.00
Visco Electronic Lock - 60.00

Gearing

Final - 5.44
1st - 3.11
2nd - 1.83
3rd - 1.36
4th - 1.13
5th - 0.90
6th - 0.87

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 6.00
R. Downforce - 9.00
Brake Duct Opening - N/A

Last edited:
Lexus LF-A Concept

Tire and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 32.46
R. Tire Pressure - 32.75
Brake Balance - 56.00

Alignment

Steering Lock - 19.00
Caster Angle - 3.25
F. Toe Angle - -0.30
R. Toe Angle - 0.20
F. Camber - -1.70
R. Camber - -1.30
F. Ride Height - 80.00
R. Ride Height - 100.00

Springs and Dampers

F. Sway bar - 171.31
R. Sway bar - 114.21
F. Spring Rate - 485.38
R. Spring Rate - 456.83
F. Bump Stop Length - 2.00
R. Bump Stop Length - 5.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 4,000.00
R. Damper Slow Bump - 4,000.00
F. Damper Fast Bump - 3,400.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 3,600.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 10,700.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 10,100.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 4,600.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 5,500.00

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock - 60.00
L. Slip Deceleration Lock - 60.00
L. Slip Preload - 110.00
Visco Electronic Lock -

Gearing

Final - 5.44
6th - 1.17
7th - 1.02

- Ratios 1-5 are left at their default values.

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - Non-adjustable despite the appearance of it being....adjustable
R. Downforce - Same as above.
Brake Duct Opening - N/A

The first couple of tunes are up and I'll be posting more throughout the week.

Omggggggg. That RX-7 tune is sickkkkkkkk. You should'a seen the looks on their faces! But it wasn't near as good as the reactions I got beating people with that Cosworth, lolololololol. Anyway, good work. This is the best site ever! And was wondering if there have been any requests for a Dodge Challenger Concept(Stage III) tune. And if not, I'd like to voice my own request. -Thumbs up.-

Omggggggg. That RX-7 tune is sickkkkkkkk. You should'a seen the looks on their faces! But it wasn't near as good as the reactions I got beating people with that Cosworth, lolololololol. Anyway, good work. This is the best site ever! And was wondering if there have been any requests for a Dodge Challenger Concept(Stage III) tune. And if not, I'd like to voice my own request. -Thumbs up.-

Always appreciative of comments. 👍

I haven't had much time to play around with Shift lately, so, the remaining tunes are going to be posted once I get enough time to mess around with it.

Thanks, I've used a few of your tunes (and modified some a bit further) to great effect.

Re your Honda S2000 tune, I find it better to not go full works, and then you can set it to Stage 2 tyres only (instead of stage 3), it means the car is far more progressive and controllable on the limit and you can do away with your suggestion of ASM (something you can't add or take away within the lobby which is a pain so you end up forgetting to put it on when needed).

Even tuned to my restriction of 6 its still one of the most difficult cars to drive hard in the game, but very rewarding when you get it right.

TERRONIUM
I put larger rims on rear tires of some rear wheel drive vehicles seems slightly more stable. possible?

TERRONIUM
I put larger rims on rear tires of some rear wheel drive vehicles seems slightly more stable. possible?

Well, it does add weight so it's possible it could act as ballast in some form or another.

Well, it does add weight so it's possible it could act as ballast in some form or another.

I checked on this with a couple of RWD cars and it seemed to add understeer which, if the car has a problem with uncontrollable oversteer, does seem to improve stability. It doesn't really make them better or faster, just less likely to swap ends in a corner. Heck Chevrolet has been putting smaller tires on the front of the Corvette for years for just that reason!:)

If anyone listens to the EA Community Podcast on the seventh (and latest) one they give a shout-out to yours truly: EA Community Podcast 7 About 13:54 into the podcast they bring up NFS Unlimited and the tuning setup page and go on to mention a "Like the wind" setup (which is what I named it over there)...and they had nothing but good to say about it. :D

You get some good information on the upcoming patch and DLC as well. 👍

HI TERRONIUM
just did 1:12:990 at london river with your lambo lp640 tune. that car is a beast after that new patch.

........NFS Unlimited and the tuning setup page................"Like the wind" setup

Hi. I noticed a difference between the settings in your thread and the nfsunlimited page.

Your Thread........R. Damper Fast Rebound - 5,600.00

nfsunlimited ........R. Damper Fast Rebound - 6,500.00

Hi. I noticed a difference between the settings in your thread and the nfsunlimited page.

Your Thread........R. Damper Fast Rebound - 5,600.00

nfsunlimited ........R. Damper Fast Rebound - 6,500.00

EDIT: Oh! Nevermind, I see what you're saying now. I'm st00pid. :lol:

I'll update the setup here too, although I thought I already had.

EDIT 2: Just checked the settings as I have them in the game and everything listed here is exactly as I have it, I switched the numbers around accidentally when I was writing down the setup over at NFSU.

Last edited:
So, any changes need to the tunes for 1.02?

I won't be able to answer that until next Monday. :ill:

I'm a bit against posting any new setups as I don't want to do them all over again, considering I've still got a good deal of requests to fulfill.

I cant wait until the patch for the PC game is introduced. I am ready to fix some of these damn things. The bouncing on the vette is so rediculous I refuse to drive it now. Same goes for the Camaro. I love the vette since its such a beast but to lay down a great time its luck for me. I have tried all the tunes posted for the vette but I just cant control the rear end with the keyboard.

HI TERRONIUM
just did 1:12:990 at london river with your lambo lp640 tune. that car is a beast after that new patch.

damn thats fast. 1:16x is my best with the vette. Blows my GTR due to its top speed but GRT corners much better and is easier to throw around. The vette is just unpredictable.

Hello Terronium.

I've used some of your tunes and they work awesome for career. Really sweet laptimes =]

I was wondering if you can make some tunes for cars that take advantage of the online point system, like the best 6.00 or less car, best 14.00 or less car, etc.

I have some tuning experience from GT4 but it doesn't reall carry over to shift and im trying to shave off those extra seconds for online racing especially with the need update with 12 people racing at the same time being possible.

Currently I use:

4.00 and less - Honda Civic Si (best ff car on the game handles amazing when properly tuned and stock as well csurprisingly) (set at 3.99)

6.00 and less - Skyline GTR (R34) (basically stock with nitrous because it is a 6.00 car but if tuned properly, flys past the 6.00 competition)

10.00 and less - Audi R8 (this car handles well but I think there are better 10.00 cars, mine needs better acceleration) (set at 9.99)

14.00 and less - Nissan GTR SpecV (handles amazingly well as you probably know with good accelleration) (mines set at 13.99)

So if you could get back to me about making setups for the "online point restrictions" or maybe you were already planning it, whether with the cars I use or not.

Hello Terronium.

I've used some of your tunes and they work awesome for career. Really sweet laptimes =]

I was wondering if you can make some tunes for cars that take advantage of the online point system, like the best 6.00 or less car, best 14.00 or less car, etc.

I have some tuning experience from GT4 but it doesn't reall carry over to shift and im trying to shave off those extra seconds for online racing especially with the need update with 12 people racing at the same time being possible.

Currently I use:

4.00 and less - Honda Civic Si (best ff car on the game handles amazing when properly tuned and stock as well csurprisingly) (set at 3.99)

6.00 and less - Skyline GTR (R34) (basically stock with nitrous because it is a 6.00 car but if tuned properly, flys past the 6.00 competition)

10.00 and less - Audi R8 (this car handles well but I think there are better 10.00 cars, mine needs better acceleration) (set at 9.99)

14.00 and less - Nissan GTR SpecV (handles amazingly well as you probably know with good accelleration) (mines set at 13.99)

So if you could get back to me about making setups for the "online point restrictions" or maybe you were already planning it, whether with the cars I use or not.

Well, what you're asking for is already there for the most part, I'll just have to add the car ratings to the tunes that are already present.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back