Renown Tuning ™

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Terronium.

You're on the front page of needforspeed.com in the news board.:)

http://needforspeed.com/web/nfs-na/blogs/need-for-speed-news/-/nfsblogs/638627

One of the primary developers even comments about a specific tune of yours he used from nfsunlimited (although he doesn't refer to you, just your tune.)

I quote

"There have been a bunch of very cool set ups submitted to the site already. One particular set up that I tried out is the "Like the Wind" set up for the Pagani Zonda R. With this set up the Zonda R becomes a 20.50 rated machine. It is rediculous fast and should be exclusively used for time trails with no opponents.

Definitely worth taking some time to visit NFSUNLIMITEd.NET and check out the Car Setups.

- NFSDrew"

Wow, you lucky 🤬

:dunce: :)

Hey Terronium.

You're on the front page of needforspeed.com in the news board.:)

http://needforspeed.com/web/nfs-na/blogs/need-for-speed-news/-/nfsblogs/638627

One of the primary developers even comments about a specific tune of yours he used from nfsunlimited (although he doesn't refer to you, just your tune.)

I quote

"There have been a bunch of very cool set ups submitted to the site already. One particular set up that I tried out is the "Like the Wind" set up for the Pagani Zonda R. With this set up the Zonda R becomes a 20.50 rated machine. It is rediculous fast and should be exclusively used for time trails with no opponents.

Definitely worth taking some time to visit NFSUNLIMITEd.NET and check out the Car Setups.

- NFSDrew"

Wow, you lucky 🤬

:dunce: :)

That might correspond with the podcast, I don't know. Hope I don't get swamped with requests now. :lol:

Speaking of which I'll begin stocking the remaining requests starting next Monday.

A couple. Not sure of the exact number - if I had to guess perhaps more than 5.

actually i did notice that the tunings changed, most of the time is wasn't that drastic, maybe just 1 tick to the right, but sometimes they were completely changed

That might correspond with the podcast, I don't know. Hope I don't get swamped with requests now. :lol:

Speaking of which I'll begin stocking the remaining requests starting next Monday.

Yeah Terronium, I tried that "Like the Wind" Zonda R tune you did... and it's absolutely insane. That's got to be as "locked-in" as you can get a car in this game. :bowdown: I usually tweak all my tunes a bit to suit my driving preferences but I aint touching that one... :)

Good to know. 👍

I'm going to sit down and go through Shift and the patch I downloaded earlier this morning and get used to the game again later on tonight. As it stands I can't notice one bit of different in-game.

Remaining requests will be stocked this week.

Renault Sport Megane R.S. - Stage III, Works Converted

Tire and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 34.06
R. Tire Pressure - 32.61
Brake Balance - 61.00 (Experiment with 63.00 and/or 65.00)

Alignment

Steering Lock - 20.00
Caster Angle - 2.75
F. Toe Angle - -0.30
R. Toe Angle - 0.10
F. Camber - -1.30
R. Camber - -0.90
F. Ride Height - 90.00
R. Ride Height - 95.00

Springs and Dampers

F. Sway bar - 285.52
R. Sway bar - 142.76
F. Spring Rate - 256.97
R. Spring Rate - 171.31
F. Bump Stop Length - 0.00
R. Bump Stop Length - 0.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 3,600.00
R. Damper Slow Bump - 2,300.00
F. Damper Fast Bump - 1,900.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 1,600.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 4,300.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 4,300.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 2,600.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 2,300.00

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock - 40.00
L. Slip Deceleration Lock - 55.00
L. Slip Preload - 60.00
Visco Electronic Lock - N/A

Gearing

Final - 5.89
1st - 2.95
2nd - 2.13
3rd - 1.65
4th - 1.24
5th - 1.00
6th - 0.84

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 10.00
R. Downforce - 11.00
Cooler Radiator Opening - 2.00
Brake Duct Opening - 4.00

Renown Tuning - Driver Discretion Advised.

Alright, as I haven't been on the ball as of late I'm going to need a recap of the requests you guys have been after. I remember someone asking for an Evo X, Silvia, Civic Si (Didn't I do that one?), and the 2000GT-R (which I'm actually working on now)...other than that I don't remember anything else.

Going through the previous pages I'm only noticing requests that have been stocked already.

HI TERRONIUM great job tuning that RENAULT SPORT MEGANNE handles much smoother now, thank you. i knew there was a solid race car in there just couldn't get it out.

HI TERRONIUM great job tuning that RENAULT SPORT MEGANNE handles much smoother now, thank you. i knew there was a solid race car in there just couldn't get it out.

No problem. 👍

I was looking to PM you but it isn't available, I thought you weren't a member or something anymore.

Per request sometime ago, the rating system has been added, so if you're contending in a specific rated class please go to the first page and look through the tunes to see the rating. All of them haven't been added, nor is it done entirely but I thought I'd add it just to get things moving.

BMW 135i - Stage III Custom

Vehicle Note: This tune was approached without the following uprades: Cockpit Upgrade 1-3, Seam-welded Chassis, and Increase Boost

Car Rating: 7.01

Tire and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 32.75
R. Tire Pressure - 32.75
Brake Balance - 62.50

Alignment

Steering Lock - 22.00
Caster Angle - 3.25
F. Toe Angle - - 0.50
R. Toe Angle - - 0.20
F. Camber - - 2.10
R. Camber - - 1.60
F. Ride Height - 80.00
R. Ride Height - 90.00

Springs and Dampers

F. Sway bar - 228.41
R. Sway bar - 85.66
F. Spring Rate - 456.83
R. Spring Rate - 399.73
F. Bump Stop Length - 0.00
R. Bump Stop Length - 0.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 3,000.00
R. Damper Slow Bump - 3,000.00
F. Damper Fast Bump - 2,300.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 2,500.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 4,300.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 5,000.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 2,300.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 3,000.00

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock - 70.00
L. Slip Deceleration Lock - 60.00
L. Slip Preload - 70.00
Visco Electronic Lock - N/A

Gearing

Final - 5.44
1st - 3.23
2nd - 2.33
3rd - 1.60
4th - 1.20
5th - 0.89
6th - 0.84

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 7.00
R. Downforce - 8.00
Cooler Radiator Opening - N/A
Brake Duct Opening - N/A

Renown Tuning - Driver Discretion Advised.

I have a request for the '67 Corvette Stingray ;)

I knew someone would sooner or later. I'll happily oblige, being I have a soft spot for the '67 model anyhow. :D

thanx for taking my request under consideration. I cant wait to see the monster you unleash.

You'll need to be specific though as I can't tell the difference between the 200 or 240 (or whichever way the numbers flow) nor do I know much about either.

If they're both Silvia's, that is.

EDIT: And yet another one....

I've been working on the guide/tutorial for tuning and while I'm unsure of the exact day it'll be posted (in a new thread) I can say it is coming along nicely and it will be done soon.

Last edited:
Thank you for all your efforts doing the tunes. Can just say it has been a great help for me (and i think a lot of others as well). Looking forward to the tune guide....thanks again

Would a Evolution X Works Convert Tune be possible? Pwease =]

Thanks much for all your work!! I love all your tunes Ive tried every single one.

Umm.. there was a request for a Porsche Cayman S[Stage III] tune. That one I remember. You already listed most of the others I remember. Oh! And there was one for a Dodge Challenger[Works Converted.] And since NFS Shift is releasing five new cars on December 10th in North America, I was hoping for a Toyota Supra[Works Converted] tune. Willing to bet there will be plenty of other tune requests for those five cars. Can't wait 'til the 10th. Only three more days! =D

Would a Evolution X Works Convert Tune be possible? Pwease =]

Thanks much for all your work!! I love all your tunes Ive tried every single one.

No problem.

Umm.. there was a request for a Porsche Cayman S[Stage III] tune. That one I remember. You already listed most of the others I remember. Oh! And there was one for a Dodge Challenger[Works Converted.] And since NFS Shift is releasing five new cars on December 10th in North America, I was hoping for a Toyota Supra[Works Converted] tune. Willing to bet there will be plenty of other tune requests for those five cars. Can't wait 'til the 10th. Only three more days! =D

Thanks for that, and I'll add the Supra right alongside everything else.

What I meant was, Do what you do, in the way of a tune..... I've done my best in the way raw power, but I can't tweak the suspension properly. (Dodge Callenger) Its too bad there's no WORKS for for this demon, i'd like to see it up against The Shelby GT 500, or Camaro SS. Anyways, See what you can DO! :D It's gotta be my Canadian humor. Keep up the hard work.

I must be living in the shed again. Did I just read that Shift is releasing new cars Dec 10?
Yay/Nay.........true?

Hi Terronium.

Great work with your setups, i use them frequently and successfully.

Now i have a special request, because im very curious about it:

Could you make me a Zonda R Nordschleife tune, with which i can reach 370 km/h on the long straights?

I tuned all possibilitys, but my Zonda with your second setup and no downforce at all gives me only about 350 km/h.

I messed around with gear settings an all downforce related settings, but when i longen the 5th and 6th gear, the car doesnt accellerate any more at these gears.

I would be very thankfully if you could manage this.

Thx

What I meant was, Do what you do, in the way of a tune..... I've done my best in the way raw power, but I can't tweak the suspension properly. (Dodge Challenger) Its too bad there's no WORKS for for this demon, i'd like to see it up against The Shelby GT 500, or Camaro SS. Anyways, See what you can DO! :D It's gotta be my Canadian humor. Keep up the hard work.

I'll definitely get that to you. 👍

I must be living in the shed again. Did I just read that Shift is releasing new cars Dec 10?
Yay/Nay.........true?

New cars are being released on the 10th for PS3. It's just the team racing pack that gives you the Supra, '67 Vette, Challenger, Challenger R/T (can't remember the years) and the '67 (I believe) GT500.

Hi Terronium.

Great work with your setups, i use them frequently and successfully.

Now i have a special request, because im very curious about it:

Could you make me a Zonda R Nordschleife tune, with which i can reach 370 km/h on the long straights?

I tuned all possibilitys, but my Zonda with your second setup and no downforce at all gives me only about 350 km/h.

I messed around with gear settings an all downforce related settings, but when i longen the 5th and 6th gear, the car doesnt accellerate any more at these gears.

I would be very thankfully if you could manage this.

Thx

I'll definitely see what I can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back