Renown Tuning ™

Status
Not open for further replies.
THANKS*terronium-12* for the porsche cayman S,other then the camaro and 09 gt-500 this was the hardest car get to ahold of and stay straight outta corners and during straight-away's. thanks bro, i really appreciate it.

Quick question concerning the vintage cars, T12. None of them go any faster than what's displayed on the speedometer, despite what the real life counterparts and what the tuning specs say. You think it's deliberate?

Also, could you whip up something for the 69 Charger and 71 Challenger to better their handling?

Thanks.

Quick question concerning the vintage cars, T12. None of them go any faster than what's displayed on the speedometer, despite what the real life counterparts and what the tuning specs say. You think it's deliberate?

Also, could you whip up something for the 69 Charger and 71 Challenger to better their handling?

Thanks.

It's a glitch. A big one when you factor in the racing modifications done to the interior.

It's a glitch. A big one when you factor in the racing modifications done to the interior.

I usually leave the interior stock since it has no performance impact on the vehicles, but when I upgraded the Shelby's interior, the speedo was stock. I also noticed that on the Charger and the Shelby, the in-car speedo doesn't correlate with the HUD's speedo; if the in-car speedo were to be believed, the car tops out at about 100MPH (Charger) and 135MPH (Shelby).

I usually leave the interior stock since it has no performance impact on the vehicles, but when I upgraded the Shelby's interior, the speedo was stock. I also noticed that on the Charger and the Shelby, the in-car speedo doesn't correlate with the HUD's speedo; if the in-car speedo were to be believed, the car tops out at about 100MPH (Charger) and 135MPH (Shelby).

When you upgrade any of the muscle cars I believe the speedometer doesn't move beyond 140mph, but you can quite clearly tell it's going faster for a couple of reasons...

- It's nowhere (and I do mean nowhere) near the redline.
- When you brake it doesn't instantly drop from 140, it takes time which further hints at it being a glitch.
- Even when it does redline I can almost guarantee it isn't redlining at the displayed speed.

As for your requests, sure thing. 👍

When you upgrade any of the muscle cars I believe the speedometer doesn't move beyond 140mph, but you can quite clearly tell it's going faster for a couple of reasons...

- It's nowhere (and I do mean nowhere) near the redline.
- When you brake it doesn't instantly drop from 140, it takes time which further hints at it being a glitch.
- Even when it does redline I can almost guarantee it isn't redlining at the displayed speed.

As for your requests, sure thing. 👍

I don't know if you're referring to the Vette or not, considering they're classically not muscle cars and I think that one actually tops out at 160 (ingame), but the Dodges go 150. I also noticed the redline thing; bugs the hell out of me.

I actually used what I could of the Shelby's tuning for the Charger and it seemed to work well. It's at least able to turn now. Thanks again.

hey T12, could you look into the Murcielago LP640 tune when you have time. After the 2nd patch the car is sliding around a lot. Thanks.

just stumbled upon this site via google, amazing idea for a site.
and your tunes are spot on i have all my cars are setup by your tunes, top work.

i drive on the nurburgring (full) most of the time and even tho the tunes are set up for the london track mostly they still performe perfect on the ring.

i must say i was impressed by the change in the evo it tops out faster but now has the power in the rite place were it can be used and handles so much better you can keep it precice or flick it out a bit so much fun to drive.

i have a request if your not to busy, would you set up the zonda r for the nurburgring.
i have my time down to the 6.30's mark and want to get it to the 6.20's and below.
thanks
THE HOG

just stumbled upon this site via google, amazing idea for a site.
and your tunes are spot on i have all my cars are setup by your tunes, top work.

i drive on the nurburgring (full) most of the time and even tho the tunes are set up for the london track mostly they still performe perfect on the ring.

i must say i was impressed by the change in the evo it tops out faster but now has the power in the rite place were it can be used and handles so much better you can keep it precice or flick it out a bit so much fun to drive.

i have a request if your not to busy, would you set up the zonda r for the nurburgring.
i have my time down to the 6.30's mark and want to get it to the 6.20's and below.
thanks
THE HOG

A 'Ring setup for the Zonda R, no problem.

I'm going to get the re-tuning out of the way right now so I can take all of the new requests much easier.

much appreciated m8.
hopefully i can crack 6.20's with a ring setup.
thanks

Hello, and welcome to GTP. In future posts, please avoid text speak like "m8" and also use capital letters where appropriate.

Thanks.

Just to put this out into general consumption here:

The physics system in Shift was done by Doug Arnao (scca champ driver, vehiclecraft -er, head tester/car setup guy for Grand Prix Legends, GT 2002 for F1C, GTR, GTL, and GTR2) and the tyre system is an extension onto GTR2's written by Eero Piitulainen who wrote the physics system of Richard Burns Rally.

With that in mind it might be helpful to take a look at some of what they've written about driving sims and some of the settings:

Here's Doug on GT 2002.

Here's Eero answering questions about RBR and a couple of general dynamics tidbits on BHMS.

1 2 3 part racing/tuning guide to GTL written in part by Doug. Shift having a load of cars with road tyres is maybe closer to this than the slick-central GTR2. While this is mostly a look at how many more historical cars they could put in the pipeline for Shift, there are some general handling tips here that are useful for the historic pack and some other historic-derived cars. The Elise/Exige aren't THAT dissimilar to drive from the old Elan in terms of one-paragraph advice, or the 911, or the Corvette or Mustang... etc :)

Oh and - in the latest Auto Sim Sport magazine (vol 5 issue 3), there's an interview with both Eero and Doug on Shift's physics model. Page 71. And another one with Eero about rally sim stuff on 101.

Last edited:
Just to put this out into general consumption here:

The physics system in Shift was done by Doug Arnao (scca champ driver, vehiclecraft -er, head tester/car setup guy for Grand Prix Legends, GT 2002 for F1C, GTR, GTL, and GTR2) and the tyre system is an extension onto GTR2's written by Eero Piitulainen who wrote the physics system of Richard Burns Rally.

With that in mind it might be helpful to take a look at some of what they've written about driving sims and some of the settings:

Here's Doug on GT 2002.

Here's Eero answering questions about RBR and a couple of general dynamics tidbits on BHMS.

Here's the 3 part racing/tuning guide to GTL written in part by Doug. Shift having a load of cars with road tyres is maybe closer to this than the slick-central GTR2. If you couldn't find this before try again, stupid linkrot.

Oh and - in the latest Auto Sim Sport magazine (vol 5 issue 3), there's an interview with both Eero and Doug on Shift's physics model. Page 71. And another one with Eero about rally sim stuff on 101.

You are just on a hi-jacking spree, aren't you? :P

Working out the those combinations of the settings is the fun (and frustration!) for me. Sheer driving pleasure when you get it right 💡

I feel like a kid in a sweet shop with all these tunes, i have started to love cars i dispised before.
So glad i found this site didnt relise there was such a big comunity for virtual racing.

Hi Terronium-12,

Are there some new tunes coming?

Definitely.

I'm going to tune every single (well, what's left of them) car that I haven't touched. I'll stock a few today and the rest throughout the next two weeks.

Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG V12 Bi-Turbo - Stage 3

Note: This is the second Provisional tune, the settings here may or may not be final depending on the feedback received.

Car Rating: 10.20

Tire and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 32.75
R. Tire Pressure - 32.32
Brake Balance - 61.00

Alignment

Steering Lock - 23.00
Caster Angle - 2.75
F. Toe Angle - -0.30
R. Toe Angle - 0.10
F. Camber - -1.70
R. Camber - -1.20
F. Ride Height - 90.00
R. Ride Height - 100.00

Springs and Dampers

F. Sway bar - 285.52
R. Sway bar - 171.31
F. Spring Rate - 1,046.89
R. Spring Rate - 685.24
F. Bump Stop Length - 3.00
R. Bump Stop Length - 1.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 4,900.00
R. Damper Slow Bump - 4,300.00
F. Damper Fast Bump - 3,400.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 3,400.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 10,400.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 9,800.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 6,100.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 5,500.00

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock - 70.00
L. Slip Deceleration Lock - 60.00
L. Slip Preload - 100.00
Visco Electronic Lock - N/A

Gearing

Final - 5.44
1st - 3.00
2nd - 1.71
3rd - 1.24
4th - 0.97
5th - 0.78
6th - N/A

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 11.00
R. Downforce - 13.00
Cooler Radiator Opening - N/A
Brake Duct Opening - N/A

Renown Tuning - Driver Discretion Advised.

Hey Terronium-12. I tried you're tune for the NISSAN GTR. It's really more fun to drive this car now! All the grip makes it feel like a real Super GT car!

Hey Terronium-12. I tried you're tune for the NISSAN GTR. It's really more fun to drive this car now! All the grip makes it feel like a real Super GT car!

Thank you! :D

I'll post more tunes tomorrow, the SL65 consumed a lot of my time. :ill:

1967 Dodge Charger R/T - Stage 3 "San Francisco"

Car Rating: 9.10

Tire and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 32.17
R. Tire Pressure - 33.77
Brake Balance - 65.00

Alignment

Steering Lock - 26.00
Caster Angle - 2.25
F. Toe Angle - -0.10
R. Toe Angle - 0.20
F. Camber - -1.70
R. Camber - -0.90
F. Ride Height - 110.00
R. Ride Height - 120.00

Springs and Dampers

F. Sway bar - 171.31
R. Sway bar - 85.66
F. Spring Rate - 285.52
R. Spring Rate - 228.41
F. Bump Stop Length - 0.00
R. Bump Stop Length - 0.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 4,300.00
R. Damper Slow Bump - 4,000.00
F. Damper Fast Bump - 2,000.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 2,000.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 8,300.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 8,000.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 4,600.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 4.000.00

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock - 35.00
L. Slip Deceleration Lock - 30.00
L. Slip Preload - 90.00

Gearing

Final - 5.83
1st - 2.71
2nd - 1.93
3rd - 1.33
4th - 1.02
5th - N/A
6th - N/A

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 6.00
R. Downforce - 6.00
Brake Duct Opening - N/A

1971 Dodge Challenger R/T - Stage 3 "Bullet Run"

Car Rating:

Tire and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 32.17
R. Tire Pressure - 33.77
Brake Balance - 65.00

Alignment

Steering Lock - 26.00
Caster Angle - 2.25
F. Toe Angle - -0.10
R. Toe Angle - 0.20
F. Camber - -1.70
R. Camber - -0.90
F. Ride Height - 90.00
R. Ride Height - 100.00

Springs and Dampers

F. Sway bar - 171.31
R. Sway bar - 85.66
F. Spring Rate - 285.52
R. Spring Rate - 228.41
F. Bump Stop Length - 0.00
R. Bump Stop Length - 0.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 4,300.00
R. Damper Slow Bump - 4,000.00
F. Damper Fast Bump - 2,000.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 2,000.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 8,300.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 8,000.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 4,600.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 4.000.00

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock - 35.00
L. Slip Deceleration Lock - 30.00
L. Slip Preload - 90.00

Gearing

Final - 5.83
1st - 2.71
2nd - 1.93
3rd - 1.33
4th - 1.02
5th - N/A
6th - N/A

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 7.00
R. Downforce - 8.00
Brake Duct Opening - N/A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back