Renown Tuning ™

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check the front page under "Coming Soon" for a nice treat coming today. :D

Check the front page under "Coming Soon" for a nice treat coming today. :D

The zonda r nurburg tune is on its way thanks mate, really cannot wait to hit the track and start beating times.
And nice one with the classics nothing more fun than a muscle car and a steering wheel, will try them out now.

Whilst tuning the Zonda R practically from the floor up, I honestly think I've found the culprit for the excessive bump-jumping.

Other than the "malicious" coding that is.

Whilst tuning the Zonda R practically from the floor up, I honestly think I've found the culprit for the excessive bump-jumping.

Other than the "malicious" coding that is.

Thats great:) glad your on top of it mate.
The bump can be quite anoying in the zonda and it doesnt help that the power delivary in the zonda is rappid making correcting the bump stop and keeping it on the track at the same time thruw a courner a nightmare.
And in sections of the nurburg i like to clip the curbs a bit so the bump jump can really put a damper on the race lol.

Also i just drove the nurburg with your audi r8 tune minus the shorter final drive and i beat my skyline and my evo's time to 7.09.450 from 7.15.790.
It has the perfect amount of oversteer and as long as you are carefull with the throttle can be used to a great advantage in keeping the nose pointed were you want it from courner to courner, nice work.

Update

The tune is about 67-70% done for the Nurburgring, however, testing it on other tracks exhibits this tune may very well be 2 to 2.5x more stable and agile than the Version 2 tune. I'm testing it on Laguna Seca now and I can honestly say you're able to apply full throttle when coming out of corners without having to constantly monitor the orientation of the car, furthermore you can actually mass through corners with little to no trouble at all.

So, it's definitely stepping in the right direction.

Update

The tune is about 67-70% done for the Nurburgring, however, testing it on other tracks exhibits this tune may very well be 2 to 2.5x more stable and agile than the Version 2 tune. I'm testing it on Laguna Seca now and I can honestly say you're able to apply full throttle when coming out of corners without having to constantly monitor the orientation of the car, furthermore you can actually mass through corners with little to no trouble at all.

So, it's definitely stepping in the right direction.

Thats sounding really good mate, i love plowing thruw courners cliping in and out of the curbs.
I had not used the zonda R tune you made on the nurburgring untill last night.
I was impressed with how well it performed on the london river and the laguna seca compared to the standard tune.

In the standard tune i found it to twitchy in and out of the bends on tighter tacks, same deal with the brakes.
but with your tune i could get it in and out of bends quite well once i had adjusted my driving style slightly.

Update

The tune is about 67-70% done for the Nurburgring

Don't forget to post the improvement times, i am interested how much did you shake off.

And i am SHOCKED that you are testing on some other track than Nordschleife, just guessing that it will not work at all. You have three parts of Nordschleife, Aremberg, Karusell and Nurburg, two of them are fast and the car must be set up for speed but then you have tricky part with lots of corners co the car must be set up to cut those corners as fast as it is possible. Glide from corner to corner without being hard to control. Think about that, the track it self is bumpy and there are some curbs that you can use and others make you spin. Lagina Seca is nothing like Nordschleife, there is no way that i could reach 370 km/h on that track with CCX.

Last edited:
Don't forget to post the improvement times, i am interested how much did you shake off.

And i am SHOCKED that you are testing on some other track than Nordschleife, just guessing that it will not work at all. You have three parts of Nordschleife, Aremberg, Karusell and Nurburg, two of them are fast and the car must be set up for speed but then you have tricky part with lots of corners co the car must be set up to cut those corners as fast as it is possible. Glide from corner to corner without being hard to control. Think about that, the track it self is bumpy and there are some curbs that you can use and others make you spin. Lagina Seca is nothing like Nordschleife, there is no way that i could reach 370 km/h on that track with CCX.

What?

2010 Pagani Zonda R, Version 3 - Nurburgring Edition "GH-Spec"

Note: The tune itself is again a major improvement over the previous version, but it will never have the same advantages on the Nurburgring as it does on practically every other track. The bouncing issue is erratic and takes away from everything. Using this tune as a "track edition" requires that you be familiar where the car will become uncontrollable due to the all but unavoidable bouncing problem that's apparent in the game. There is still much to be had from this tune on said track but the full experience will never be there.

Car Rating:

Tire and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 25.51
R. Tire Pressure - 25.80
Brake Balance - 61.00

Alignment

Steering Lock - 29.00
Caster Angle - 6.25
F. Toe Angle - 0.90
R. Toe Angle --0.60
F. Camber - -2.20
R. Camber - -1.50
F. Ride Height - 70.00
R. Ride Height - 80.00

Springs and Dampers

F. Sway bar - 342.62
R. Sway bar - 228.41
F. Spring Rate - 399.73
R. Spring Rate - 485.38
F. Bump Stop Length - 2.00
R. Bump Stop Length - 5.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 3,800.00
R. Damper Slow Bump - 3,200.00
F. Damper Fast Bump - 3,400.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 3,200.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 8,500.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 8,000.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 5,000.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 5,000.00

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock - 70.00
L. Slip Deceleration Lock - 65.00
L. Slip Preload - 100.00
Visco Electronic Lock - 45.00

Gearing

1st - 2.92
2nd - 2.09
3rd - 1.42
4th - 1.13
5th - 0.90
6th - 0.87

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 10.00
R. Downforce - 10.00
Cooler Radiator Opening - 3.00
Brake Duct Opening - 5.00

Renown Tuning - Driver Discretion Advised.

Hey T12, I found you Zonda R v3 to be very twitchy with the rear sliding all the time. So, I combined your v2 and v3 and broke the 1:40 barrier at Silverstone from my previous best of 1:42:xx :)

I can post the tune if anyone would like to refer to it.

hi i was just viewing the first thread about nfs shift tuning. so i wanted to know that are those the tunings that we need to setup in the setup options of the car setup?
thanks

What do you mean WHAT ??

Don't forget to post the improvement times, i am interested how much did you shake off. So we could know what we are dealing with!

But i just test those settings and i will share what i did notice:

Before i was able to set lap time 2:27:400 i take several attempts!!!, before i was able to finally cross the line i take 6 attempts, i was not impressed with general behavior from the car, and the times which i have been taken on the track. You have to know that in my head i have check marks, for example when i am crossing under bridge i know what's my best there, 1:11:300 on first lap so when i have from your setups 1:13:400 (thats not good). There is several similar check marks to monitor my time during entire lap, i know that when im exiting the karusel i should have not more than 3:43:500 on the clock, by the time i got there i have 3:48:xxx so thats mostly from lack of speed on straights. So finally when i reset all the set ups and give myself a go with stock Zonda R without any messing in setups i set up my best at 2:21:600

now the car does have:

1. lower max speed, the car barely passes 300 km/h reaching 303 km/h, while stock Zonda R reaches 326 km/h, its more alive during acceleration too. But on fast straights car JUMPING uncontrollable while you go with 285 km/h suddenly i felt like the front of the car starts to shake, if i would have to take slide turn it would elevate into the air, and it did, twice so i learn to take my foot out off acceleration. Only that can help in such situation.

2. the car shoots into the air on bumpy tight turns, on Ring you have 3 such turns where recommended is to take OFF your foot from Acceleration!!

3. brakes are more aggressive now. because you force the car to brake with his Front so now you can really delay breaking, gaining small amounts of time but still loosing them on straights. (by saying that i mean: loosing time to some stock Zonda R player who race with you in On Line race).

4. on Nurburg section of the track (those tight turns up and down, left and right) i think that the car doesn't have that much power to strongly slide up hill. Car behaviors much much better during the tight turns but after exiting the corner acceleration is not that aggressive. Probably because you set up Gears (first and second) for Speed pushing bars to Max.

5. But there is a good feeling from entering the Corner !!! Shocker, :) now car enters into a corner like hot knife into butter (pssss) i love that.

I am using G25 wheel and no other aids but ABS only.

Dead Zone : 0 %
Acceleration Dead Zone : 5 %
Braking Dead Zone : 5 %
Clutch Dead Zone 5 %[/B] im not using clutch Automatic gears

Steering Sensitivity : 100%
Acceleration Sensitivity : 100 %
Breaking Sensitivity : 100 %

Clutch Sensitivity : 50%
Speed Steering Sensitivity : 0 %
Force Feedback 5
Turning Lock 360*

Also im using this view while i play. Hood view.

In summon i think that you should called this setup Version 3 - Nurburgring Edition "GH-Spec" Beta 1. Wait until other players give you their opinion. I don't really think that will improve anyone time but it's good way to start. I would change speed of the car, so it could reach 340 km/h on 6 gear, how it enters the corners is superb. Definitely some thing must be done with that front shaking while speed reaches 285 km/h and go to 303. Maybe thats because R. Damper Fast Bump was messed up.

Sadly for me i will not be able to investigate why this is happening because I'm going off for Xmas to my family. But Should be back at 27/28 December, and i will immediatly start to work on my own setup. Also i will post one for CCX which i did specifically for Nordschleife.

I am finding the bumps still an issue T12. Naeem please post your tune; I have also made a few tweaks (nothing major) to T12's Christmas Zonda as I feel it has potential 💡 thanks again Terronium for all your hard work....much appreciated 👍

1. I've been working on the tune since I posted it. It jumps from the get-go if you haven't noticed and once you modify the settings, the problem amplifies itself to the point where it's practically unbearable on tracks where bump-jumping is an issue.

2. The ratios were set that to offset the immense powerband the Zonda R has going through the first 3 or 4 gears. Having too much power in the lower gears equate to roughly no traction, or properly distributed power - period.

3. The Nurburgring is more of a power track as opposed to a flat out speedway, if this were La Sarthe it would be an entirely different story.

4. There's practically nothing (and I do mean nothing) I can do to eliminate the issue; stiffening to chassis actually makes it worse, it dawned on me that tire inflation could be the problem as that is one of the most logical assessments....again, no. Stiffening the suspension springs doesn't work either...again, that makes the problem worse. Whoever coded the game did so in a way that either everything backfired, or it was coded in a way that it still maintains an absolute arcade aspect and the only that's remotely simulation are the depictions of the cars, damage, track layouts (and even those are botched), and the simulation of the game experience itself.

5. Either way, I can guarantee you that no two tunes on any car will react the same, not because that's the way it is in a real life instance but because every tune I've done addresses issues and not the performance of the car itself. The most prominent of those issues being the excessively unnecessary jumping about as if the tires were inflated with helium, or the suspension springs are heavily compressed and spring-loaded. :ill:

I've always said feedback is appreciated and wanted and it will remain that way for as long as I continue to do this for you guys, but understand that commenting about that tedious glitch won't result in anything. I can't fix it...it's not the vehicles, it's the game. Always has been. Every tune listed here has a description (unless it really isn't needed) of any problems I've experienced in regards to any level of severity of said problem(s). The best I can do in this situation is make the problems controllable, not as pronounced as they once were, or in the very rare occurrence I could actually tune the problem out, but that opportunity is far and wide. I could sit down with the game and test every single setting individually and see where that goes, but I'm almost sure the problems start when two or more parameters are adjusted together.

1. I've been working on the tune since I posted it. It jumps from the get-go if you haven't noticed and once you modify the settings, the problem amplifies itself to the point where it's practically unbearable on tracks where bump-jumping is an issue.

2. The ratios were set that to offset the immense powerband the Zonda R has going through the first 3 or 4 gears. Having too much power in the lower gears equate to roughly no traction, or properly distributed power - period.

3. The Nurburgring is more of a power track as opposed to a flat out speedway, if this were La Sarthe it would be an entirely different story.

4. There's practically nothing (and I do mean nothing) I can do to eliminate the issue; stiffening to chassis actually makes it worse, it dawned on me that tire inflation could be the problem as that is one of the most logical assessments....again, no. Stiffening the suspension springs doesn't work either...again, that makes the problem worse. Whoever coded the game did so in a way that either everything backfired, or it was coded in a way that it still maintains an absolute arcade aspect and the only that's remotely simulation are the depictions of the cars, damage, track layouts (and even those are botched), and the simulation of the game experience itself.

5. Either way, I can guarantee you that no two tunes on any car will react the same, not because that's the way it is in a real life instance but because every tune I've done addresses issues and not the performance of the car itself. The most prominent of those issues being the excessively unnecessary jumping about as if the tires were inflated with helium, or the suspension springs are heavily compressed and spring-loaded. :ill:

I've always said feedback is appreciated and wanted and it will remain that way for as long as I continue to do this for you guys, but understand that commenting about that tedious glitch won't result in anything. I can't fix it...it's not the vehicles, it's the game. Always has been. Every tune listed here has a description (unless it really isn't needed) of any problems I've experienced in regards to any level of severity of said problem(s). The best I can do in this situation is make the problems controllable, not as pronounced as they once were, or in the very rare occurrence I could actually tune the problem out, but that opportunity is far and wide. I could sit down with the game and test every single setting individually and see where that goes, but I'm almost sure the problems start when two or more parameters are adjusted together.

I don' have the Tuning savy that Terronium does, but I think I have acquired some competance in tuning these cars over the past few months. The adjustments that I've tried on the Zonda R GH-Spec tune that should have helped if this was a ride height or damping/rebound problem haven't improved the bouncing issues.

Whatever the glitch is, it doesn't always respond predictably to tuning inputs. And particularly not in the Zonda it seems.

So, considering the fact that Terronium's tunes have enabled me to enjoy the game far more than I would've thought possible, I for one am content to say, "Nice try T. Too bad the game wouldn't let you do more with the Zonda", and move on.

And for those people who for whatever reason, feel entitled to make demands, and rather rudely demand explanations, I'd say, Go make your own tunes.

MannyMoenjack I cant agree more with you. Since discovering the RT site and T12's tunes, I am enjoying Shift thoroughly and for that I am forever grateful to all contributing to the site and in particular to Terronium. As for the demanding people out there....mmm......read T12 explanation above :)

sometimes, a car simply for Whatever reason will not go where you want it to go, or do the things you want it to do, at the speed you want to do it. (insert charlie brown sigh ) I have tuned a lot of cars in PRO STREET excellent game for tuners, spent 3 yes 3 weeks on carrera gt tuning night and day even recruiting friends to help, you know what? the car STILL sucked. it was plenty fast but virtually uncontrollable. sorry I digress. my point is move on, find the car that fits your style and skill and run with it.
asking for advice is cool, communicating and helping each other is cool,
I think im done now :)have a nice day.

Stock Zonda R does not bump so much on the track, and it's much faster, so... What's the point of setting the car and do test on different? pointless, there is no way to avoid bumping the car because thats how this corners are made in the game, but whats the point to make the car bump on straights ? I'm just asking.

As i remember correctly user THE HOG, asked for some tunes for this car so he could shake some time and set a new records. I advice him to improve his driving because tunes would not give him 10 seconds. But what i discover on my own testing that setup is that i lost 5 sec to stock Zonda R. The thing is you are not improving the car make it slower, i think that this works to make it faster. Only one thing what im gonna let it stay from that changes make by Terrorium is how the car behaves going into a corner. It should be much easier to control the car not to fight with it all the time to stay on the track.

I just want to hear THE HOG's opinion because there is no word from Terrorium-12.

Stock Zonda R does not bump so much on the track, and it's much faster, so... What's the point of setting the car and do test on different? pointless, there is no way to avoid bumping the car because thats how this corners are made in the game, but whats the point to make the car bump on straights ? I'm just asking.

As i remember correctly user THE HOG, asked for some tunes for this car so he could shake some time and set a new records. I advice him to improve his driving because tunes would not give him 10 seconds. But what i discover on my own testing that setup is that i lost 5 sec to stock Zonda R. The thing is you are not improving the car make it slower, i think that this works to make it faster. Only one thing what im gonna let it stay from that changes make by Terrorium is how the car behaves going into a corner. It should be much easier to control the car not to fight with it all the time to stay on the track.

I just want to hear THE HOG's opinion because there is no word from Terrorium-12.

Alright. Plain and simple...make your own tunes that are better than mine and spread your knowledge that way. The bickering and nit-picking is beyond annoying at this point.

Put up or shut up. Plain and simple.

:gtpflag: anyhow have a nice Christmas everybody....its the season of goodwill and driver satifaction....may the laptimes be QUICK !!!!!....yeah and forget about the bumpy, grumpy, jumpy Zonda

Alright people...

I don't know what the hell I did but I've balanced out the bouncing.

Details and an improved tune (GH-Spec II) to follow real soon.

Pagani Zonda R

Car Rating: 20.50

Tire and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 28.55
R. Tire Pressure - 28.84
Brake Balance - 61.00

Alignment

Steering Lock - 29.00
Caster Angle - 6.25
F. Toe Angle - 0.90
R. Toe Angle --0.60
F. Camber - -2.20
R. Camber - -1.50
F. Ride Height - 70.00
R. Ride Height - 80.00

Springs and Dampers

F. Sway bar - 171.31
R. Sway bar - 85.66
F. Spring Rate - 466.34
R. Spring Rate - 566.27
F. Bump Stop Length - 0
R. Bump Stop Length - 0
F. Damper Slow Bump - 4,400.00
R. Damper Slow Bump - 3,800.00
F. Damper Fast Bump - 3,000.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 3,000.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 9,700.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 11,000.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 5,600.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 7,400.00

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock - 70.00
L. Slip Deceleration Lock - 65.00
L. Slip Preload - 100.00
Visco Electronic Lock - 45.00

Gearing

1st - 2.92
2nd - 2.09
3rd - 1.42
4th - 1.13
5th - 0.90
6th - 0.87

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 8.00
R. Downforce - 8.00
Cooler Radiator Opening - 3.00
Brake Duct Opening - 5.00

The car will slide around a lot less now but it is still jumpy on even tracks. For me, this tune improved lap times on less bumpy tracks by 2-3 seconds over T12's Zonda v2 tune. You will be able to tackle the corners more aggressively as the entry and exit speeds are much improved in this tune. Also, improved lap time by about 1.5 secs on Road America even though its a slightly bumpy track.

Last edited:
Still looking for a good Murcielago setup. T12 setup is making the rear end slide too much :(

That setup was done in prior to the patch and I've never gotten around to addressing it.

could you do a challenger stage 3 perhaps? ive been looking everywhere for a tune for my fav big car :P

This is about the third request for the Challenger, my gosh. :lol:

New tunes are being stocked daily (except today/tomorrow) the Challenger is coming.

That setup was done in prior to the patch and I've never gotten around to addressing it.

Yup I know. If you could look into it I'll be glad. You could also see the Zonda R tune I have posted. It hasn't addressed the bumps but it's certainly made the car better to handle (for me atleast) and my lap times have reduced a bit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back