Renown Tuning ™

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next on the way is proper Tune for two cars 1. Koenigsegg CCX and 2. Zonda R.

Those setup will be tested only at Nordschleife, not on other tracks! like previous. Taking the car to other track could make times worse than stock Zonda R and CCX. So there will be no point in doing so.

Next on the way is proper Tune for two cars 1. Koenigsegg CCX and 2. Zonda R.

Those setup will be tested only at Nordschleife, not on other tracks! like previous. Taking the car to other track could make times worse than stock Zonda R and CCX. So there will be no point in doing so.

Or, and stay with me here, you open up your own thread and STFU.

If you weren't such a snide son-of-a-somebody I'd have no problem hosting your tunes here, but if you post them here with the intention of saying they're better than mine...just to say they're better than mine because they've been tuned for a specific track (which in and of itself you're going to running into problems...but you're better than I am, so probably not) I guarantee you, guarantee you that they'll either be erased, dissected and criticized to points you wouldn't know where to begin first, or I'll just plain out consider it spam and report it.

No, better yet I'm not doing any of that, what I will do is reiterate a base rule that's on the first page which I'm sure you overlooked...

All of the settings will be handled by myself and I've said already I'm more than happy to acknowledge criticism whether it be negative or positive, so long as it's civilized, otherwise it will just be disregarded.

Hope you had a good holiday.

naeem I tried your tune today...mmm...did need help though... lowered the ride height front and back and had a good run...thanks :)

Thats good to hear..the tune handling wise is alrite as long as the track is smooth...i am really looking forward to T12's new tune in which he has i believe taken care of the bumps.

Dodge Challenger Concept - Stage 3

Vehicle Note:
Increase Boost was not used in this tune.

Car Rating: 9.04

Tire and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 31.74
R. Tire Pressure - 32.32
Brake Balance - 58.50

Alignment

Steering Lock - 26.00
Caster Angle - 3.50
F. Toe Angle - 0.30
R. Toe Angle - -0.10
F. Camber - -1.50
R. Camber - -1.10
F. Ride Height - 75.00
R. Ride Height - 90.00

Springs and Dampers

F. Sway bar - 342.62
R. Sway bar - 114.21
F. Spring Rate - 542.49
R. Spring Rate - 456.83
F. Bump Stop Length - 3.00
R. Bump Stop Length - 0.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 4,000.00
R. Damper Slow Bump - 4,000.00
F. Damper Fast Bump - 3,000.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 2,800.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 10,400.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 9,800.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 5,800.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 5,200.00

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock - 65.00
L. Slip Deceleration Lock - 45.00
L. Slip Preload - 80.00
Visco Electronic Lock - N/A

Gearing

Final - 5.59
1st - 2.83
2nd - 2.00
3rd - 1.65
4th - 1.36
5th - 1.17
6th - 0.90

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 11.00
R. Downforce - 13.00
Cooler Radiator Opening - N/A
Brake Duct Opening - N/A

Renown Tuning - Driver Discretion Advised.

Terronium your tunes for the Benz SL65, 67 Dodge Charger and 71 Challenger are great tunes.

I test your tunes by running 2 laps on Spa. 2 laps before your tune and note my fastest time, then 2 laps with your tune installed and there is sometimes a big difference in the times.

The difference was, SL65 - 1.27sec, 67 Charger -3.18sec, 71 Challenger - 3.90sec.

The Benz I had tuned, but was still faster with your tune. The two Dodges I think were stock tunes and I hadn't changed them much at all.

Great work Terronium, but now could you please fix my Audi TT 3.2 Works, great car but needs a T12's tune. 👍

Terronium your tunes for the Benz SL65, 67 Dodge Charger and 71 Challenger are great tunes.

I test your tunes by running 2 laps on Spa. 2 laps before your tune and note my fastest time, then 2 laps with your tune installed and there is sometimes a big difference in the times.

The difference was, SL65 - 1.27sec, 67 Charger -3.18sec, 71 Challenger - 3.90sec.

The Benz I had tuned, but was still faster with your tune. The two Dodges I think were stock tunes and I hadn't changed them much at all.

Great work Terronium, but now could you please fix my Audi TT 3.2 Works, great car but needs a T12's tune. 👍

Sorry, I keep forgetting about that one. I'll try and stock it later on today, unless it's one of "those" cars and requires a bit concentrated effort.

I just wanted to take a quick second to thank T-12 for making this game a lot more enjoyable, I use your tunes on 90% of my cars. The time you must dedicate for the tuning these cars does not go unappreciated. 👍

P.S. Here’s a tune that worked well for me on the Pagani, thought you might find this tune interesting…

http://forum.needforspeed.com/eaforum/posts/list/332343.page

That's koop's tune, isn't it? :D

Need help please...cant get a proper gear ratio for the Mclaren F1...trying to get a bit more speed but no luck so far...any suggestions will be appreciated :confused:

Need help please...cant get a proper gear ratio for the Mclaren F1...trying to get a bit more speed but no luck so far...any suggestions will be appreciated :confused:

What ratios are you using?

Final : 6.00
1st : 3.23
2nd : 1.97
3rd : 1.57
4th : 1.27
5th : 1.05
6th : 0.84
Downforce : 5.00 Front and rear...

I simply do not understand how this game was programmed, if you're familiar with aerodynamic drag and how any vehicle needs a certain amount of horsepower to get to it's top speed whilst fighting with air that's pushing you can point out just how much of failed attempt this is, it's almost as if the amount of drag is proportional to the amount of horsepower your car has, cubed. :odd:

I just don't get it. How you're going to achieve a top speed more than say, 225 to the lower/mid 230's is really just cutting corners and hoping you don't crash into anything. In any case, here you go....

FG: 5.47
1st: 2.95
2nd: 1.97
3rd: 1.55
4th: 1.27
5th: 1.00
6th: 0.84

Let me know if it isn't to your liking.

:confused:Thank you for taking the time....will try it tonight and let you know...seems to me they got the McLaren wrong in this game...

I simply do not understand how this game was programmed, if you're familiar with aerodynamic drag and how any vehicle needs a certain amount of horsepower to get to it's top speed whilst fighting with air that's pushing you can point out just how much of failed attempt this is, it's almost as if the amount of drag is proportional to the amount of horsepower your car has, cubed. :odd:

It's the same system as the other GMotor2 games and that description doesn't sound very familiar to me.

If this helps, here's the aero properties for the McLaren F1 with the car loaded into RFactor Carfactory (required a bit of work to get the Shift car in there and setting a different tyre brand, but this doesn't make a huge difference to anything here).

(forgot rear wing whoops)

Last edited:
The mclaren is a bit of a problem child if you ask me they didn't get it right with the mclaren at all.
Some times EA games you really need a slap lol.

It's the same system as the other GMotor2 games and that description doesn't sound very familiar to me.

If this helps, here's the aero properties for the McLaren F1 with the car loaded into RFactor Carfactory (required a bit of work to get the Shift car in there and setting a different tyre brand, but this doesn't make a huge difference to anything here).

(forgot rear wing whoops)

Thank you for this, I'll skim over it and see what's going on there but if Shift does use the GMotor2 engine then something is really, really off. There's no real way to test for top speed in Shift (that I've noticed anyway) but cars just do not react the way they do here, what's even worse is it's working off of invisible downforce properties. :ill:

I've yet to see 250-anything from the Veyron and I shudder to think what it would take to get the CCX to 250 mph, considering the specs aren't borrowed from the version with the rear wing.

Thank you for this, I'll skim over it and see what's going on there but if Shift does use the GMotor2 engine then something is really, really off. There's no real way to test for top speed in Shift (that I've noticed anyway) but cars just do not react the way they do here, what's even worse is it's working off of invisible downforce properties. :ill:

I've yet to see 250-anything from the Veyron and I shudder to think what it would take to get the CCX to 250 mph, considering the specs aren't borrowed from the version with the rear wing.

The easiest way for me is to turn off the racing rules and drive backwards on nordschleife.

The CCX will do 395kmh quite easily going down the back stretch - 250mph thereabouts.

The Veyron really needs a lot longer road to test its true top speed, but it will do about 390 on the same stretch.

Both would doubtless go faster with more tuning other than simply minimising drag and with the tyres warmed up rather than just the normal Shift preheat.

The wing is going to help make the car stable at speed, but would be really unlikely to make it much faster. The tunes you make are great for short course tracks but you are doing nothing to help top speed by putting the downforce to 3/4 of max, ride height max, strong toe settings, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back