Renown Tuning ™

Status
Not open for further replies.
The easiest way for me is to turn off the racing rules and drive backwards on nordschleife.

The CCX will do 395kmh quite easily going down the back stretch - 250mph thereabouts.

The Veyron really needs a lot longer road to test its true top speed, but it will do about 390 on the same stretch.

Both would doubtless go faster with more tuning other than simply minimising drag and with the tyres warmed up rather than just the normal Shift preheat.

The wing is going to help make the car stable at speed, but would be really unlikely to make it much faster. The tunes you make are great for short course tracks but you are doing nothing to help top speed by putting the downforce to 3/4 of max, ride height max, strong toe settings, etc.

I can't turn the rules off, but being the console port, a lack of user freedom is to be expected.

I really don't have much of any other choice with most of the car roster as I'm compensating for things that shouldn't be happening to begin with. As for the others it's mostly through experiencing roughly 87% of the others that I'm in a bias state of mind and wind up treating every single car as if they're the same (save for a few eccentricities) and the results are usually what end up being hosted here.

As for the CCX with the rear wing it isn't as fast as it would be without one, but the original CCX is/was a deathtrap due to the rear wheels never having enough of a grip on the surface it's being driven on. One wrong move equals twitch-countersteering-bite-oversteer-wall, or just twitch-oversteer-wall. I'm sure you get the picture. :lol:

You sacrifice speed for outright stability and it needed it, in Shift I have to sacrifice a great deal of speed at beginning with most of my tunes to account for what's going on but as the process improves I can only add so much before the powerband starts stretching again.

boxox I am missing the boat here...what do you mean by turning off the racing rules and driving backwards...sorry is it just amanner of speaking? :boggled:

It would probably work better doing the track normally, in that your tyres would be heated up already before you got to the back stretch, but it just takes 5-6 minutes to get there in the first place.

The best summation of the problem was actually something I read from Dan Greenwalt of Forza fame the other month, where he said:

"Race cars are the worst; every car gets set up for specific races, so you'll have people say, this car has a top speed of that because they ran that at Le Mans, and yet it has a downforce rating of this because that's what they ran at Road Atlanta: But those two can't coexist - you can either have that top speed or that downforce, but you can't have both."

boxox I am missing the boat here...what do you mean by turning off the racing rules and driving backwards...sorry is it just amanner of speaking? :boggled:

The game is basically a big collection of text files, so if you want to drive backwards you find the section that defines what going backwards is and how long you can do it for and kill it. But you need to unpack the game and be on PC.

You are a clever man... I haven't the faintest idea what you are talking about but thank gooodness for people like you that make us ordinary scrapheap challengers enjoy the game :)

It would probably work better doing the track normally, in that your tyres would be heated up already before you got to the back stretch, but it just takes 5-6 minutes to get there in the first place.

The best summation of the problem was actually something I read from Dan Greenwalt of Forza fame the other month, where he said:

"Race cars are the worst; every car gets set up for specific races, so you'll have people say, this car has a top speed of that because they ran that at Le Mans, and yet it has a downforce rating of this because that's what they ran at Road Atlanta: But those two can't coexist - you can either have that top speed or that downforce, but you can't have both."

The game is basically a big collection of text files, so if you want to drive backwards you find the section that defines what going backwards is and how long you can do it for and kill it. But you need to unpack the game and be on PC.

Exactly what I've said on numerous occasions, but some people fail to realize it. :ill:

Zeeco it's easy if you don't sit and think too much about it, don't over think it. It's basically finding the file and editing it in notepad, more often than not. Let's say the extension (in notepad) is "penalty countdown" and it's set at a default of 5 seconds, you can either increase that time (to a given limit) or just enter "0".

Terronium I have difficulty finding my setup sheets in 'documents'....nevermind finding things in notepad. As i said thank goodness for peeple like yourself and boxox sharing your knowledge and experience with the rest of us. Me, I am computer illiterate :dopey:

Your STi tune is extremely well done. The oversteer you mentioned can be used to gain more corner exit speed and even helps the car corner. An initial Laguna Seca lap got me a 1:30 time.

I'm impressed with your work and talents as a tuner! Can you tune an E36?

Your STi tune is extremely well done. The oversteer you mentioned can be used to gain more corner exit speed and even helps the car corner. An initial Laguna Seca lap got me a 1:30 time.

I'm impressed with your work and talents as a tuner! Can you tune an E36?

I can definitely try my hand at it, again. Didn't go very well the first time around...hopefully things will be better now. In the event I can't for whatever reason, I know someone who can.

McLaren F1 Silverstone Edition

Car Rating:

Tire and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 32.90
R. Tire Pressure - 32.75
Brake Balance - 56.50

Alignment

Steering Lock - 17.00
Caster Angle - 3.25
F. Toe Angle - -0.20
R. Toe Angle - 0.30
F. Camber - -1.70
R. Camber - -1.40
F. Ride Height - 80.00
R. Ride Height - 90.00

Springs and Dampers

F. Sway bar - 285.52
R. Sway bar - 85.66
F. Spring Rate - 342.62
R. Spring Rate - 399.73
F. Bump Stop Length - 1.00
R. Bump Stop Length - 0.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 4,100.00
R. Damper Slow Bump - 3,500.00
F. Damper Fast Bump - 2,600.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 2,200.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 10,300.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 9,200.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 6,200.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 5,600.00

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock - 70.00
L. Slip Deceleration Lock - 35.00
L. Slip Preload - 60.00
Visco Electronic Lock - 45.00

Gearing

Final - 5.67
1st - 2.95
2nd - 1.97
3rd - 1.55
4th - 1.27
5th - 1.09
6th - 0.92

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 3.00
R. Downforce - 5.00
Cooler Radiator Opening - N/A
Brake Duct Opening - N/A

Renown Tuning - Driver Discretion Advised.

what that guy is talking about is hacking your xbox through a transfer cable (not the one you use for hard drives,but one that works with memory cards)go to ebay and look it up,then download xploder360 and do a lil research. BUT BE WARNED:

THEE D3Vil thanks for the info but I am staying away from this driving backwards bussiness...goodness know where I will end up. T12 thanks for the Silverstone Edition i am going to try it today and hope it will save my marriage to the F1....we were at the point of a really messy divorce last night.....for the childrens sake i hope it works for me :drool:

what that guy is talking about is hacking your xbox through a transfer cable (not the one you use for hard drives,but one that works with memory cards)go to ebay and look it up,then download xploder360 and do a lil research. BUT BE WARNED:

No, I believe he's talking about the PC platform.

THEE D3Vil thanks for the info but I am staying away from this driving backwards bussiness...goodness know where I will end up. T12 thanks for the Silverstone Edition i am going to try it today and hope it will save my marriage to the F1....we were at the point of a really messy divorce last night.....for the childrens sake i hope it works for me :drool:

:lol: :lol:

Hi Terronium-12,
The Corvette Z06 is very well tuned and i'm so much in love with it...👍
But sometimes there are instabilities when entering slow and sharp corners... if u have time, kindly look into it.
Hope to hear from u soon:)

Hi Terronium-12,
The Corvette Z06 is very well tuned and i'm so much in love with it...👍
But sometimes there are instabilities when entering slow and sharp corners... if u have time, kindly look into it.
Hope to hear from u soon:)

Well, I'll be playing for most of the day so I'll be able to get that done, the BMW tune, the Audi tune and I should be able to get a good deal of other tunes done as well.

Mazda RX-8 - Stage III, Works Converted

Car Rating: 10.50

Tire and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 33.04
R. Tire Pressure - 32.90
Brake Balance - 54.50

Alignment

Steering Lock - 23.00
Caster Angle - 3.25
F. Toe Angle --0.10
R. Toe Angle --0.30
F. Camber - -0.20
R. Camber - -0.50
F. Ride Height - 85.00
R. Ride Height - 95.00

Springs and Dampers

F. Sway bar - 228.41
R. Sway bar - 142.76
F. Spring Rate - 266.48
R. Spring Rate - 214.14
F. Bump Stop Length - 0.00
R. Bump Stop Length - 0.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 3,700.00
R. Damper Slow Bump - 3,100.00
F. Damper Fast Bump - 1,200.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 1,000.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 4,700.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 4,100.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 1,800.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 2,700.00

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock - 65.00
L. Slip Deceleration Lock - 35.00
L. Slip Preload - 60.00
Visco Electronic Lock - N/A

Gearing

Ratios 1-5 Max Speed
Ratio 6: 0.89

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 6.00
R. Downforce - 6.00
Cooler Radiator Opening - 1.00
Brake Duct Opening - 4.00

Renown Tuning - Driver Discretion Advised.

hi turrenium 12, did you get any feed back from the Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG V12 Bi-Turbo.

I had a go on spa GP as i was intending on using it on this saturday's race meet, but the front end just didn't wont to settle, it was very rocky and it would bounce a bit on sections of spa.

I don't need the tune or anything i will use another car, just thought i would give you some feedback mate.

hi turrenium 12, did you get any feed back from the Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG V12 Bi-Turbo.

I had a go on spa GP as i was intending on using it on this saturday's race meet, but the front end just didn't wont to settle, it was very rocky and it would bounce a bit on sections of spa.

I don't need the tune or anything i will use another car, just thought i would give you some feedback mate.

Always appreciated.

I believe I missed out on a few tracks for the testing, but I've gotten some other feedback from Manny and it was just about the same things that you've said. It has advantages on certain tracks as most of the wilder cars do, but I'll see if I can make it a bit more friendlier.

Always appreciated.

I believe I missed out on a few tracks for the testing, but I've gotten some other feedback from Manny and it was just about the same things that you've said. It has advantages on certain tracks as most of the wilder cars do, but I'll see if I can make it a bit more friendlier.

Thanks mate, there is no rush i know you are a busy man and like i say i will use another car for saturday i just thought i would give you some feed back.

You know mate if you ever needed any help with testing any of your tunes on other tracks because you are to busy i will be more than happy to sit with the tune for a few hours testing it on multiple tracks and give you the feedback on which tracks the tune works well with and the ones that it doesnt.

I'll take you up on that.

That's two private testers who get paid/are going to get paid $1200/hr. That's right, $1200 an hour! :lol:

Any other takers?

Oh, if you have receive for $0 from "I'm Poor, Fool Inc.", take it over to Commerce Bank and talk to Jerry, he'll know what's going on. This botched sentence alone promises you ages of wealth

That's two private testers who get paid/are going to get paid $1200/hr. That's right, $1200 an hour! :lol:

Any other takers?

Oh, if you have receive for $0 from "I'm Poor, Fool Inc.", take it over to Commerce Bank and talk to Jerry, he'll know what's going on. This botched sentence alone promises you ages of wealth

:lol::lol: Any time your ready just send me the tune and i will get to work mate .👍

Any other takers?

:lol:

... and pretty soon I'll be washing lettuce! And that's when the real bucks start rollin' in!

(If you didn't understand that you either didn't see the movie "Coming To America", or I've just got a crappy sense of humor)

The TT 3.2 Coupe has definitely been improved over the patch.

Preliminary tuning results in a 1:19.030 at London River.

... and pretty soon I'll be washing lettuce! And that's when the real bucks start rollin' in!

(If you didn't understand that you either didn't see the movie "Coming To America", or I've just got a crappy sense of humor)

Didn't Louie Anderson say that? I haven't seen that movie in a good while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back