Renown Tuning ™

Status
Not open for further replies.
The TT 3.2 Coupe has definitely been improved over the patch.

Preliminary tuning results in a 1:19.030 at London River.

We're down to 1:18.573 now.

...1:18.444
...1:18.340

Last edited:
Audi TT Coupé 3.2 Quattro - Stage III, Works Converted

Car Rating:

Tire and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 33.04
R. Tire Pressure - 32.75
Brake Balance - 56.50

Alignment

Steering Lock - 19.00
Caster Angle - 3.25
F. Toe Angle - 0.30
R. Toe Angle - 0.20
F. Camber - 0.10
R. Camber --0.20
F. Ride Height - 80.00
R. Ride Height - 95.00

Springs and Dampers

F. Sway bar - 285.52
R. Sway bar - 239.84
F. Spring Rate - 314.07
R. Spring Rate - 228.41
F. Bump Stop Length - 0.00
R. Bump Stop Length - 0.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 3,600.00
R. Damper Slow Bump - 3,300.00
F. Damper Fast Bump - 1,900.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 1,700.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 4,600.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 6,200.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 3,500.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 4,200.00

Differential

L. Slip Preload - 60.00
Visco Electronic Lock - 35.00

Gearing

Final - 5.44
1st - 3.23
2nd - 2.13
3rd - 1.68
4th - 1.30
5th - 1.00
6th - 0.76

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 7.00
R. Downforce - 8.00
Cooler Radiator Opening - 1.00
Brake Duct Opening - 3.00

As has been commented on already, the foregoing patch has improved the TT a good deal to the point where I'm actually gonig to keep it, provided I can spare the room. In any case, it's very, very stable in a straight line, turn in is great but there is the potential to slide whilst accelerating out of a tight bend, the slide itself is controllable but so long as you temper the use of the accelerator the slight problem that it is will never arise. When you bury the wheels deep enough into a wide enough corner the rear wheels will grip and you'll do nothing more than powerslide. You might find that the rear wheels have a bit too much grip whilst powersliding....they will bury deep so watch for that. It's an ideal counterbalance to understeering, although if you push too hard said precedent will become apparent to some degree. If you find the ratio to be a bit too tight, adjust it to your tastes.

Fastest lap around London River would probably be in 1:16 to 1:17 range, but as it stands the fastest I've gone around before finishing the tests was 1:18:330.

Renown Tuning - Driver Discretion Advised.

i bet,you call microsoft and tell em you messed up your files because you hacked em and i bet you won't get far at all. its a *GAME* way off topic from this forum but an example to those who think about doing the *transfercable hack* 2ksports came out with a nba2k10 draft combine game,and a few people started to do the transfer cable/xploder360 hacks to stat glitch there created player attributes,which then would cross over to the nba 2k10 disc game. i can tell you this the top 100 people in the leaderboards who transfer cable/xploder360 hack there files got banned from xbox/xbox live and removed from the leaderboards.so if you think its not cheating i dare you to call xbox and tell em what you do.you ever wonder why you can't find a memory card transfer cable in the USA,and have to be ordered over seas. because microsoft doesn't want you doing it.takes from the integrity of the games we play and love,while spitting on the controllers of the legit gamers that can play the game.

so to those who think this trend is not cheating,stop lying to yourself.you lack the skill it takes to play the game properly.you need a handicap to play a videogame,i would suggest you take off your training wheels and enter the videogame world legit.
to those who DO NOT DO THIS,we need more of you clean,legit gamers in the on-line world (XBOX or PSN)

i bet,you call microsoft and tell em you messed up your files because you hacked em and i bet you won't get far at all. its a *GAME* way off topic from this forum but an example to those who think about doing the *transfercable hack* 2ksports came out with a nba2k10 draft combine game,and a few people started to do the transfer cable/xploder360 hacks to stat glitch there created player attributes,which then would cross over to the nba 2k10 disc game. i can tell you this the top 100 people in the leaderboards who transfer cable/xploder360 hack there files got banned from xbox/xbox live and removed from the leaderboards.so if you think its not cheating i dare you to call xbox and tell em what you do.you ever wonder why you can't find a memory card transfer cable in the USA,and have to be ordered over seas. because microsoft doesn't want you doing it.takes from the integrity of the games we play and love,while spitting on the controllers of the legit gamers that can play the game.

so to those who think this trend is not cheating,stop lying to yourself.you lack the skill it takes to play the game properly.you need a handicap to play a videogame,i would suggest you take off your training wheels and enter the videogame world legit.
to those who DO NOT DO THIS,we need more of you clean,legit gamers in the on-line world (XBOX or PSN)

Is it really that important?

As has been commented on already, the foregoing patch has improved the TT a good deal to the point where I'm actually going to keep it, provided I can spare the room.

Make room for the Audi TT Terronium, it is one of the best cars to run in a 14 rated race, it flies. It will blow away any other under 14 car off the track and some of the higher rated cars.
But now with your tune it should go even quicker. I'll test it on Spa, the way I test your tunes and let you know what its like.

The $1200/hr is a little bit more than I get now, so put me on your testing pay roll 👍

Make room for the Audi TT Terronium, it is one of the best cars to run in a 14 rated race, it flies. It will blow away any other under 14 car off the track and some of the higher rated cars.
But now with your tune it should go even quicker. I'll test it on Spa, the way I test your tunes and let you know what its like.

The $1200/hr is a little bit more than I get now, so put me on your testing pay roll 👍

Awesome. Look out for that check.

In 10-12 decades. :lol:

Dude you are like a bad penny here. That's nice that you don't like cheats on xblive or psn, but I think you are in for a terrible ordeal - even greater than your struggle with the english language - finding the slightest reference to modding the game on PS3 or 360 in my posts or at that link. It's for modding the game on PC. Hence the references to shortcuts and text files and executables and vista.

Dude you are like a bad penny here. That's nice that you don't like cheats on xblive or psn, but I think you are in for a terrible ordeal - even greater than your struggle with the english language - finding the slightest reference to modding the game on PS3 or 360 in my posts or at that link. It's for modding the game on PC. Hence the references to shortcuts and text files and executables and vista.

Don't encourage the conversation to go any further than it already has, please.

Hey Terronium-12,

Any chance you could come up with a descent 4.00 rating car? Would really appreciate it mate :bowdown:

Cheers.

Si
:cool:

Well, Shift has stricken me once again. I can't even get the damn thing to play for anymore than five minutes.

Looks like I won't be finishing up what was planned for today until tomorrow. :yuck:

What can I say T12, you have done it again. The Audi TT tune is Fantastic, thank you.
I had a problem with the bumps on the back straight on Spa, just didn't like how the Audi handled those bumps, now its great. Also didn't like the first 2 corners, up the hill, couldn't get the power down, but now 👍
The only thing I didn't like was the Gearing. I liked what I had for Spa, but everything else was spot on.
My times - before tune - 2.26.700. with T12's tune - 2.24.140. and with my gearing -2.23.580.

My gearing for Spa.
Final - 5.74
1st - 3.50
2nd - 2.21
3rd - 1.71
4th - 1.27
5th - 1.05
6th - 0.84

So boys if you see a yellow/green flash go past you, its only me in my Audi TT.:crazy:

:) Terronium thank you...marriage saved...F1 Silverstone is brilliant....rear end behaving now....hope your shift starts shifting today 👍

:) Terronium thank you...marriage saved...F1 Silverstone is brilliant....rear end behaving now....hope your shift starts shifting today 👍

I have to agree with you Zeeco. I had been running the older McLaren tune on Silverstone for a while just for fun. By the third lap of the Time Attack with the new Silverstone tune I had knocked three full seconds off the previous best time for that car. That's pretty incredible.

I guess the softer suspension helps keep the rear from breaking away as easily. I found after driving it a while that the turn-in seemed slightly slower/less sharp than the previous tune, but bumping the steering lock up a notch or two and increasing the front and rear tire pressure by about 0.5psi sharpened everything up nicely.

The McLaren will likely never be easy to drive fast with no rear wing, but it's a rewarding challenge when you do it right, and one of my favorites.

I think with all the money Terronium's paying me I'll just run over to the local McLaren dealer and order one. :lol:

Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 Works Converted

Tire and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure 32.03
R. Tire Pressure 31.89
Brake Balance 60.00

Alignment

Steering Lock 18.00
Caster Angle 3.50
F. Toe Angle / out 0.70
R. Toe Angle / in 0.40
F. Camber 2.00
R. Camber 1.70
F. Ride Height 65.00
R. Ride Height 75.00

Springs and Dampers

F. Sway bar 456.83
R. Sway bar 228.41
F. Spring Rate 532.96
R. Spring Rate 566.27
F. Bump Stop Length 4.00
R. Bump Stop Length 4.00
F. Damper Slow Bump 3800.00
R. Damper Slow Bump 3200.00
F. Damper Fast Bump 3000.00
R. Damper Fast Bump 3000.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound 8500.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound 8000.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound 5600.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound 5600.00

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock n/a
L. Slip Deceleration Lock n/a
L. Slip Preload 80.00
Visco Electronic Lock 65.00

Gearing

Final 5.59
1st 3.11
2nd 1.83
3rd 1.29
4th 1.04
5th 0.90
6th 0.69

Aerodynamics

front downforce 18.00
rear downforce 20.00
radiator opening 4.00
brake duct opening 4.00

Note ** This car started out as an R/T tune . After the patch this car changed dramatically. There are still many similiarities to the original tune, springs and dampers are virtually inentical.
This car works for me, for my driving style, ( powerslide, yes please) this tune has burned up many tracks its HOT. top speed on the long straight at Nordschliefe 205 mph. im sure it will go much faster with less aerodynamics.

Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 Works Converted

Tire and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure 32.03
R. Tire Pressure 31.89
Brake Balance 60.00

Alignment

Steering Lock 18.00
Caster Angle 3.50
F. Toe Angle / out 0.70
R. Toe Angle / in 0.40
F. Camber 2.00
R. Camber 1.70
F. Ride Height 65.00
R. Ride Height 75.00

Springs and Dampers

F. Sway bar 456.83
R. Sway bar 228.41
F. Spring Rate 532.96
R. Spring Rate 566.27
F. Bump Stop Length 4.00
R. Bump Stop Length 4.00
F. Damper Slow Bump 3800.00
R. Damper Slow Bump 3200.00
F. Damper Fast Bump 3000.00
R. Damper Fast Bump 3000.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound 8500.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound 8000.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound 5600.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound 5600.00

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock n/a
L. Slip Deceleration Lock n/a
L. Slip Preload 80.00
Visco Electronic Lock 65.00

Gearing

Final 5.59
1st 3.11
2nd 1.83
3rd 1.29
4th 1.04
5th 0.90
6th 0.69

Aerodynamics

front downforce 18.00
rear downforce 20.00
radiator opening 4.00
brake duct opening 4.00

Note ** This car started out as an R/T tune . After the patch this car changed dramatically. There are still many similiarities to the original tune, springs and dampers are virtually inentical.
This car works for me, for my driving style, ( powerslide, yes please) this tune has burned up many tracks its HOT. top speed on the long straight at Nordschliefe 205 mph. im sure it will go much faster with less aerodynamics.

I can vouch for both the driving style and the speed of this thing. Although I was never really sure what it was... I wasn't ever close enough to positively identify it! :lol:

I'll check it out NITROVIOUS. Thanks!

👍 thank you NITROVIOUS....I somehow believed there is a magic touch to the Murcie...will, as Manny said, try this one out...will be a nice way to start 2010....BTW happy new year to all...I wish you sheer driving pleasure :cheers:

Hey, NITROVIOUS...

That tune you put up is a keeper. And yes, I will admit I had some doubts about the steering geometry before I tried it, but it's very controllable and as well damped as ever, but I love how it changes direction now. 👍

The patch really messed up Terronium's tune for the Merc. To the point where I sold it and rebought it for Rating 14 class, but I'm going to keep it at 20.99 now for certain.

I will admit to adjusting a couple of things just to suit my... more sedate driving style though. :embarrassed: I adjusted the Toe Out to .50 (from .70) and bumped the Caster angle back to 3.25 to restore the steering response. It feels just as responsive as before the adjustments, but the back end doesn't lose traction as much. Just a personal style choice you understand, no criticism intended. :)

In any case thanks for the excellent tune and for salvaging my Merc for me!

Happy New Year to everyone!
And if you're going to drink and drive make sure to do it on the Spa Track, and don't forget to visit NITROVIOUS's ALE HOUSE at the Bus-Stop chicane! :lol:

Happy New Year to everyone!
And if you're going to drink and drive make sure to do it on the Spa Track, and don't forget to visit NITROVIOUS's ALE HOUSE at the Bus-Stop chicane! :lol:

I'll be making an appearance to sign my one-time book entitled: "Yes, you're a drunken idiot, but you know what, so am I."

You asked for it....

1977 Mattel Big Wheel – Stage III

Tire and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 0.33
R. Tire Pressure - 0.33
Brake Balance : Just Stop Pedaling and pray

Alignment

Steering Lock - 90.00
Caster Angle - 18.00+
F. Toe Angle : Left Pedal
R. Toe Angle : Right Pedal
F. Camber : 0.00 – 45.00
R. Camber – 0.0
F. Ride Height – 20.00
R. Ride Height – 5.00

Springs and Dampers

You Wish

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock - 0.00
L. Slip Deceleration Lock - 100.00
L. Slip Preload – How Strong are your legs?

Gearing

Default Values.

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 0.00 Uphill, 5.00 Downhill
R. Downforce – Guess Your Weight

It rides a bit stiff and if your foot slips off the pedal you will lose it. Best Time on London River is 2 Hours and 57 minutes.
Trip to the Hospital to restore feeling to lower body, 5 minutes

:)

Happy New Year! :cheers:

I could not have hoped for a better tune.

Who needs a car, I've got a Big Wheel!

I could not have hoped for a better tune.

Who needs a car, I've got a Big Wheel!

Lucky you, the '77 model was a true classic, complete with emergency handbrake, custom seat, and lowered ride height. i used to have 1 but i totaled it jumping the sandbox.:)

You asked for it....

1977 Mattel Big Wheel – Stage III

Tire and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 0.33
R. Tire Pressure - 0.33
Brake Balance : Just Stop Pedaling and pray

Alignment

Steering Lock - 90.00
Caster Angle - 18.00+
F. Toe Angle : Left Pedal
R. Toe Angle : Right Pedal
F. Camber : 0.00 – 45.00
R. Camber – 0.0
F. Ride Height – 20.00
R. Ride Height – 5.00

Springs and Dampers

You Wish

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock - 0.00
L. Slip Deceleration Lock - 100.00
L. Slip Preload – How Strong are your legs?

Gearing

Default Values.

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 0.00 Uphill, 5.00 Downhill
R. Downforce – Guess Your Weight

It rides a bit stiff and if your foot slips off the pedal you will lose it. Best Time on London River is 2 Hours and 57 minutes.
Trip to the Hospital to restore feeling to lower body, 5 minutes

:)

Happy New Year! :cheers:

Absolutely hilarious! Funniest thing I've read this DECADE... :D
Best bits are highlighted in bold ;)

Sorry, folks, I've been having a bit of a prolonged playing problem with Shift as of late, so I've decided to treat the disc and allowed it to sit since yesterday, things will be back off tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back