Renown Tuning ™

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks. The elise works converted is one fast car! the gearing is a little iffy here and there especially since it's so light. I'm sure with better gearing you could take off up to 3 seconds per lap on Road America. I'm going to try your settings with the steering input and such in a little while, see if i can get a better time out of the Aston Martin and Lambo maybe drop down to the 1:55's at R.A.

I'll be stocking some of these many requested tunes over the next couple of days.

i've come within 3 seconds of 1:55 (on Road America with the controller) but it's not the best i can do I know that. Darkos I question some of your times with the Aston Martin DBR9 GT1 car around road america. I want to know what your best time is with it and with the Maserati MC12 along the same track. The best I can get is 1:59.1's with the MC12, and 1:58.9's with the DBR9 and around 1.57's with the Lambo Works. I don't doubt your times but proof would be a good thing and if you show me proof of it, what settings (steering and such) did you use with the unadjustable GT1 class cars.

i've come within 3 seconds of 1:55 (on Road America with the controller) but it's not the best i can do I know that. Darkos I question some of your times with the Aston Martin DBR9 GT1 car around road america. I want to know what your best time is with it and with the Maserati MC12 along the same track. The best I can get is 1:59.1's with the MC12, and 1:58.9's with the DBR9 and around 1.57's with the Lambo Works. I don't doubt your times but proof would be a good thing and if you show me proof of it, what settings (steering and such) did you use with the unadjustable GT1 class cars.

I have raced Darkos in the past, and there's been some very unpleasant stuff said against him, bit I will say this: Darkos is a very good driver and a very fast racer, and whilst I have not neccessarily agreed with some of his opinions on here, I am willing to back him on any allegations of mis-reprentation, he is just simply a very good, driver

there's no reason to doubt his times, but some of them are out of there. My best time around road america with the controller is 1:58.074. I'm sure I could extract more from it but to hear lap times 4 seconds faster is kinda crazy... that's why i asked him to show the lap times or let me know if he's using a wheel or what settings he's using.

Lamborghini Murcielago LP640, Version 2B - Stage 3 Works Converted

Car Rating: 20.99

Tire and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 30.00
R. Tire Pressure - 31.16
Brake Balance - 56.50

Alignment

Steering Lock - 19.00
Caster Angle - 3.25
F. Toe Angle - 0.50
R. Toe Angle - -0.10
F. Camber - -2.10
R. Camber - -1.40
F. Ride Height - 65.00
R. Ride Height - 75.00

Springs and Dampers

F. Sway bar - 228.41
R. Sway bar - 114.21
F. Spring Rate - 433.03
R. Spring Rate - 485.38
F. Bump Stop Length - 5.00
R. Bump Stop Length - 6.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 3,800.00
R. Damper Slow Bump - 3,200.00
F. Damper Fast Bump - 2,800.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 3,000.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 9,700.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 9,200.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 7,400.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 6,200.00

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock - N/A
L. Slip Deceleration Lock - N/A
L. Slip Preload - 60.00
Visco Electronic Lock - 70.00

Gearing

Final - 5.44
1st - 3.11
2nd - 1.86
3rd - 1.39
4th - 1.13
5th - 0.90
6th - 0.78

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 10.00
R. Downforce - 12.00
Cooler Radiator Opening - 1.00
Brake Duct Opening - 5.00

- Lapped London River the fastest to date - 1:12.618.

Renown Tuning - Driver Discretion Advised.

mighty nice tune- even faster around Road America

Last edited:
Yeah, great new tune for the Works Lambo! It really helped me out, as it no longer handels like a 1000 HP rally car!:lol:

DGiant I agree with you. Darkos is one of the fastests drivers out there. You cannot argue with his videos backing up his laptimes. No editing or any other sneeky stuff. Give credit where it's due 👍

l don't doubt Darkos times at all , l myself have done 153's at R A with works Lambo and 156 's with dbr9 . l use ps3 pad , no wheel , so , maybe more practice is needed .
try turning off vibration function for your controller , easier overall handling.

there's no reason to doubt his times, but some of them are out of there. My best time around road america with the controller is 1:58.074. I'm sure I could extract more from it but to hear lap times 4 seconds faster is kinda crazy... that's why i asked him to show the lap times or let me know if he's using a wheel or what settings he's using.

I'm not using controller. Well i am but that's G25 Wheel. I'll remember when we practice R.A in DBR9 it was few weeks before third patch was released. That patch changed few tracks, on some of them you can go faster in couple you don't. 1:55:980 that was my best back then in PRO mode. No one say that is impossible but it's bloody damn hard.

During one of practice Time Trials with Ricky Racer and NITROVIOUS in on line i did normal 1:57:xxx, Ricky did 1:58:xxx but NITROVIOUS blast us two with 1:56:xxx So i started to mastering corners. When i finally did that it was not enough for going under 1:56:xxx So i went to my drivers setup and i shorted wheel degree, from 360, to best 290 degree. Having that my DBR9 was even more sharp and aggressive in corners. And after like couple of tries i finally went under 1:56 barrier. That was long before i had my new camera so there is no video of that lap time but i think that maybe if i start to practice and record those laps all over again i could repeat that time. But why ?? You can pick any video from my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/qirex and give it a try. Compete with that lap time. It will give you a clear idea where you are with your driving. If you like R.A so much then i would recommend McLaren Mp4-12C and T-12 tune for it.

Which by the way behavies weird on Nordschleife, well not exaclty entire car but 7'th gear only. I had to down shift back to 6'th if using Automatic, when manual i'll never put 7'th gear. Car starts to chocke and loose it speed. But i think there is nothing that could be done with 7'th gear. Maybe if Final Gearing is not set so high the car would behave different. Still this is probably the only track that tou will ever see 7'th gear.

Porsche 911 GT2 (997) - Rating 14.00 Special (No Body Kit)

Car Rating: 13.93

NOTE: The following upgrades were NOT installed.

- Engine Stage 3
- Race Exhaust
- Increase Boost
- Brake Master Cylinder
- Wider Tires/Wheels

Tire and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 33.19
R. Tire Pressure - 33.91
Brake Balance - 55.50

Alignment

Steering Lock - 20.00
Caster Angle - 2.75
F. Toe Angle - 0.10
R. Toe Angle - -0.40
F. Camber - -1.90
R. Camber - -1.40
F. Ride Height - 90.00
R. Ride Height - 100.00

Springs and Dampers

F. Sway bar - 228.41
R. Sway bar - 159.89
F. Spring Rate - 413.05
R. Spring Rate - 428.28
F. Bump Stop Length - 0.00
R. Bump Stop Length - 0.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 3,000.00
R. Damper Slow Bump - 3,600.00
F. Damper Fast Bump - 2,100.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 2,300.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 6,900.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 8,900.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 4,200.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 4,600.00

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock - 60.00
L. Slip Deceleration Lock - 40.00
L. Slip Preload - 60.00
Visco Electronic Lock - N/A

Gearing

Final - 5.44
1st - 2.96
2nd - 2.00
3rd - 1.42
4th - 1.14
5th - 0.90
6th - 0.87

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 3.00
R. Downforce - 7.00
Cooler Radiator Opening - N/A
Brake Duct Opening - N/A

Hey T, you havent retired on us did you? I was hoping you could make a tune for a elise exige for a ten rating for me

Hey T, you havent retired on us did you? I was hoping you could make a tune for a elise exige for a ten rating for me

Of course not! :lol:

Just haven't had much time this week. I'll get back on top of things when I get back from this trip I'm going on tomorrow, it's a rather short trip...

Monday is when everything goes back to normal.

I'm thinking of a perfect tune settings for the Koenigsegg CCX with only low Traction Control and Stability Control on. Can you help?

Post it on either Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday.

Hi T and you could help me choose which car is the best with your set-up at different levels in which you play online 4,6,10,14 and unlimited (I think it is these, but I'm wrong).
Thanks in advance

Hi T and you could help me choose which car is the best with your set-up at different levels in which you play online 4,6,10,14 and unlimited (I think it is these, but I'm wrong).
Thanks in advance

I can't really say which cars are the best as each of them appeal to a different environment and feeling. I wouldn't even know where to start with all of the tunes I've got up now. :ill:

I do find myself using the MP4 more often than not though. It feels like one of the best tunes I've done, as it was really easy to bring out the potential without any real drawback of any kind.

Hey T i got a problem i hope you can help me out with i have the cayman s porsche on a 10 rating with these upgrades (drivetrain stage 2, turbo stage 2, drivetrain stage 3, turbo stage 3, body kit 3, weight reduction 2,nitrous, race exhaust, shorter final drive) (rating 9.93) with these settings tires 32.03,34.06 58.50 brake, steering lock 17, front sway bar 342.62, rear sway bar 199.86, diff 80.00, 40.00, 60.00, gearing 6.20, 3.50, 2.29, 1.68, 1.26, 1.02, 0.84 front downforce 7 rear 6 . i cant get the wheels to stop spinning coming off the line, see if you can solve this mystery for me thanks in advance.

i find myself using the Alfa Romeo the most of the new cars. I just like the neutral handling it has, it seems that stock it won't turn in too fast but it's stable, and handled very well, that is when it has all options. I employed only some of the tuning you provided T12 but left alone some other things because i liked the way it steered stock. I can't play very well with the sensitive steering.

Hey T i got a problem i hope you can help me out with i have the cayman s porsche on a 10 rating with these upgrades (drivetrain stage 2, turbo stage 2, drivetrain stage 3, turbo stage 3, body kit 3, weight reduction 2,nitrous, race exhaust, shorter final drive) (rating 9.93) with these settings tires 32.03,34.06 58.50 brake, steering lock 17, front sway bar 342.62, rear sway bar 199.86, diff 80.00, 40.00, 60.00, gearing 6.20, 3.50, 2.29, 1.68, 1.26, 1.02, 0.84 front downforce 7 rear 6 . i cant get the wheels to stop spinning coming off the line, see if you can solve this mystery for me thanks in advance.

- Your rear tires have way too much positive pressure for a vehicle that has the engine practically nestled right between the rear wheels - lower the pressure...and fast.

- Your front tires have too little negative pressure. Increase that to about 32.8x - 33.xx.

- Front sway bar is a bit too stiff.

- The Accel setting for the LSD is also too stiff (lower it to about 75 or 70), you're just contradicting the steering lock setting that you have.

- You'll want to reverse the settings for front and rear downforce settings (6 and 7, respectively). Ideally, you don't want more front-end downforce unless you're running a track that's either oval, or has you running at top-end speeds more often than not.

Can't really comment on the gear ratios as that's up to personal taste, well, everything is in that regard...but that's especially to one's own character. Everything else I haven't commented on is perfectly fine for the most part. 👍

I'll get some tunes done, but at the end of the month I'm closing this thread for good. I'm done playing this game for a multitude of reasons, but it's been great doing this for all of you and I hope you can learn from the settings I've posted here (those of you who want to become tuners). I'll still be around in this particular part of the forum from time to time, but I'll always be around GTP in general. So, if you have a question or you just want to drop me a PM, please, feel free to do so.

Hey bro sorry that you are leaving, just wanted you to know i appreciate all the help you have given me and to hear from you from time to time take it easy

Hey bro sorry that you are leaving, just wanted you to know i appreciate all the help you have given me and to hear from you from time to time take it easy

Were you able to fix the problem your Cayman had?

Lotus Elise 111R Road America Edition - Stage 3 Works Converted

Car Rating: 17.50

Tire and Brakes

F. Tire Pressure - 33.04
R. Tire Pressure - 33.48
Brake Balance - 58.00

Alignment

Steering Lock - 17.00
Caster Angle - 3.75
F. Toe Angle - 0.20
R. Toe Angle - -0.50
F. Camber - -1.70
R. Camber - -1.20
F. Ride Height - 100.00
R. Ride Height - 110.00

Springs and Dampers

F. Sway bar - 159.89
R. Sway bar - 91.37
F. Spring Rate - 228.41
R. Spring Rate - 299.79
F. Bump Stop Length - 0.00
R. Bump Stop Length - 0.00
F. Damper Slow Bump - 3,300.00
R. Damper Slow Bump - 3,000.00
F. Damper Fast Bump - 2,300.00
R. Damper Fast Bump - 2,700.00
F. Damper Slow Rebound - 4,600.00
R. Damper Slow Rebound - 5,600.00
F. Damper Fast Rebound - 2,300.00
R. Damper Fast Rebound - 3,600.00

Differential

L. Slip Acceleration Lock - 65.00
L. Slip Deceleration Lock - 30.00
L. Slip Preload - 50.00
Visco Electronic Lock - N/A

Gearing

Final - 5.29
1st - 3.31
2nd - 2.00
3rd - 1.42
4th - 1.13
5th - 0.82
6th - 0.68

Aerodynamics

F. Downforce - 17.00
R. Downforce - 19.00
Cooler Radiator Opening - 2.00
Brake Duct Opening - 5.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back