RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

I'm going to try to match Roj's 1/day car release until he leaves.

And from then until he gets back we'll be on request-only status.

Either of you guys done a Shelby 427 tune? It's kicking my butt but I've got it somewhat workable.... It doesn't want to spin out every corner... I'ld love to see what you guys have done with one... If you have done anything with one.

Wow! Thank you for the RX7 tune, It is amazing, really. I beat a racing spec skyline and a veyron with it online. (veyron driver was pretty bad though) Do you have a tune for an AE86 corrolla?

So, I just built and tuned up the M5 according to you're build and it's a real treat to drive. Does not hesitate to oversteer when you mash the gas in second or third, but it's incredibly stable throughout the drift. Super fun car and has destroyed the Euro series in Extreme. I'm not going to go greatly in depth with the review for this one as someone (whoever posted before my last review) did this for me.

OOOOO I love it. Time to get back to the 'Ring for a bit more slidey racing. Thanks again!

If you'ld like I can send you my specs so you can work from there (and critique my build)... ? Love mine but it has a mind of its own at times. LOL Fun car though. I love the classics. GT350R, KPGC10 Skyline, and the Cobra all rock. Got my Fully modded 427 to do a 1:31 at Laguna. Running on race med.

Wow! Thank you for the RX7 tune, It is amazing, really. I beat a racing spec skyline and a veyron with it online. (veyron driver was pretty bad though) Do you have a tune for an AE86 corrolla?
Not at the moment. Plans to tune the SS Trueno will be carried out next year though.
I'm going to try to match Roj's 1/day car release until he leaves.

And from then until he gets back we'll be on request-only status.
I'll try and pop in occasionally during my holiday to answer some questions. :)
Some of the images on the tune post itself are still not working (eg. civic and s13)
Should be fixed now. Thanks. 👍

Well, just got done my GVS 300km with Roj's NSX-R. Was great to drive. I'll be posting a review/story of it soon. I'm just too burnt out from those 2 hours to say anything now though.

RKM Motorsport’s S15 Silvia Spec V

S15SilviaSpecV.jpg

S15SilviaSpecV_Big.jpg

Based on: Nissan Silvia Spec-R Aero (S15) ‘02
Obtained: Brand new from Nissan

Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 405 BHP (@ 66.9 miles)
Torque:---- 44 kgfm
Weight:---- 1051 kg
PP:-------- 516

PARTS
GT Auto

Enkei RP03 Wheels
Type A Front Aero

Tuning Shop
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Improvement
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Ballast

Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Max Speed, then each individual ratio.)
1st:-- 3.019
2nd:-- 2.076
3rd:-- 1.608
4th:-- 1.293
5th:-- 1.068
6th:-- 0.925
Final: 3.448
Max Speed: 199 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 0/10
Accel:-- 0/35
Braking: 0/15

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 10.0/7.0
Extension:-- 8/8
Compression: 6/6
Anti-Roll:-- 2/4
Camber:----- 2.3/1.9
Toe:-------- –0.11/0.00

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/7

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
If you liked the S13 Speed Star, you’ll love this S15 Spec V. With over 400bhp and 1051kg, this S15 is capable of beating the pants off supercars when it comes to the twisty stuff. Using rapid acceleration and a sorted chassis to it’s advantage, this S15 will fly in and out of corners with ease.

22nd Feb 2011 - Transmission & ballast/power settings & revised settings.
11th Apr 2011 - Revised settings II.
13th Apr 2011 - Revised settings III.

Last edited:
RKM Motorsport’s Camaro SC550

CamaroSC550.jpg

CamaroSC550_Big.jpg

Based on: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro
Obtained: New Car Dealer

Horsepower: 547 BHP (@195.7 miles)
Torque:---- 555 ft-lb
Weight:---- 1318 kg

PARTS
GT Auto

Oil Change
RAYS VR.G2 Wheels
Front Aero Type A
Rear Aero Type A
Extension Type A
Rear Wing Type A

Tuning Shop
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Lightweight Windows
Carbon Fiber Hood (Body Color)
Titanium Semi-Racing Exhaust
Sports Header
Supercharger
FC Gearbox
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Semi-Racing Clutch
Carbon Driveshaft
FC LSD
FC Suspension
Sports Soft tires

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 0/20

Transmission
Transmission

1st:-- 3.226
2nd:-- 2.072
3rd:-- 1.470
4th:-- 1.098
5th:-- 0.863
6th:-- 0.713
7th:-- x.xxx
Final: 3.450
Max Speed: 242

Drivetrain
Differential:

Initial: xx/7
Accel:-- xx/20
Braking: xx/20

Suspension
Suspension

Spring Rate: 11.5/7.2
Extension:-- 6/4
Compression: 8/6
Anti-Roll:-- 1/1
Camber:----- 2.3/2.8
Toe:-------- -0.05/0.05

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 8/9

Intended Driving Options

Tuner Comments:
This is the Camaro SC550. SC obviously for supercharged, 550 referring to the amount of horsepower (and torque) produced. It's faster around corners than basically anything else that's still street legal with some comforts, and pulls harder than the rather conservative power output would suggest.

Last edited:
NSX-R Review

Grand Valley Speedway_8 by N II, on Flickr

So I had taken my 240SX to the Grand Valley 300km race, and sadly it ate tires too fast for me to handle. So I came here and tried the NSXR tune that seemed to work for people. After all that I went over to the endurance race and started it up.

Grand Valley Speedway by N II, on Flickr

The lights turned green, the NSX shot ahead to the front of the pack, and was in the lead after just two turns. The car was still brand new so I was fighting with it, almost spinning out three times in the first two laps.

Grand Valley Speedway_1 by N II, on Flickr

Grand Valley Speedway_2 by N II, on Flickr

Grand Valley Speedway_4 by N II, on Flickr

I tamed this beast and ran my best lap of 2:03.904 on the third lap and proceeded to continue with my driving About 8 laps in I started to have the car slide, this ended up with me drifting all through the last tunnel on the track.

Grand Valley Speedway_6 by N II, on Flickr

Grand Valley Speedway_9 by N II, on Flickr

On lap 10, I was able to start lapping some of the slower racers, it felt good. However, come lap 14, my tires were worn out and I needed a pit stop badly, but my hardheaded self insisted on waiting for Lap 15. Cue my worst lap, taking over 3 minutes to complete. Tossing away my 40 second lead and leaving me 2nd entering the pits and 4th on the exit. At this point I was 57 seconds behind.

Grand Valley Speedway_11 by N II, on Flickr

Grand Valley Speedway_12 by N II, on Flickr

Grand Valley Speedway_13 by N II, on Flickr

With the new understanding that going full out was no solution, I went lighter on the throttle and proceeded to pass 3rd and 2nd while gaining on first, I also set a new best on Lap 21 with a 2:03.198. On Lap 22, I managed to pass my archnemesis of the race, T. Gallagher, and took back my lead.

Grand Valley Speedway_15 by N II, on Flickr

I continued to hold off slamming the gas out of each turn and it paid off, my next pit was a whole 23 laps later on Lap 38, with a 1:50 lead over 2nd and my tires could've easily gone 2 more laps. Exiting the pits I still had over a minutes lead, and with that the deal was sealed. In the end I ran a 2:09:53.277, averaging between 2:03 and 2:10 each lap, and won by well over a lap.

Now the fact I was able to hold this tune steady for over 2 hours after figuring it out is a testament to it's handling and ease of use. It tackles corners like they were nothing and it really can push it down the straights. I didn't even get to shift to 6th gear the whole race as there wasn't a section that permitted it. It also slides if you want it to, making it a viable drift car. Also note that I am a very average DS3 player, so this really works with any form of input.

Grand Valley Speedway_10 by N II, on Flickr

I've been trying so hard to beat the "Like the wind" challenge in A-spec with my un-tuned ZR1. But then it donned on me, "Didn't I see the boys in RKM make a tune for this car?" So sure enough I found your tune and plugged them into my ZR1 (I used a different brake bias for mine, I was feeling adventerous lol) And the very next race I was leading after the first few turns into the Daytona Road Course. I'm by no means a driving God, but the difference between how the stock ZR1 performed compared to your tune was downright frightening. Finished the race with a 14 second gap. :crazy:

NSX-R Review

I did the GVS 300 with the NSX-R the other day. What tyres were you using? I found that S3's actually performed better than S1's because S1's would slide everywhere and turn my tyres to mush in 15 laps. :scared: Whereas S3's would gradually wear down until they behaved like fresh S1's. :lol:

I do love the drifting when the tyres get worn enough, makes me look forward to the laps to come. :sly:

Endurance races are a good way to properly test a car, so thanks for the sweet review! DS3 for life! :cheers:

Just wanted to start with saying thanks for making time to tune and post these wicked tunes. I ve searched for a while for tunes that make the car stick to the road like glue and failed, came across ur set ups and must say they make a huge difference! ur rx7 set up is out of this word i tried myself and everytime i exited a corner i go so much wheel spin which make the car over steer really bad! I have 2 cars that i love to use but one understeers rally bad and have tried so much to sort it but still is bad. If u could post sumthing 4 the GTR 09 and the Enzo that would be brilliant lool i dont mind sending u the cars t work on because they r 2 cars i really enjoy using! my add is z-elmer-fudd-z! look forward to hearing from u!! Thx again

RKM Motorsport’s RX-7 R400

MazdaRX-7R400.jpg

MazdaRX-7R400_Big.jpg

Based on: 2002 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R

Horsepower: 396 BHP (@ 413.2 miles, run until engine rebuild was available without oil change, then rebuilt)
Torque:---- 303 ft-lb
Weight:---- 1051 kg

PARTS
GT Auto

Prodrive GC-010G Wheels
Front Aero Type A
Rear Wing Type B
Rebuilt motor upon availability

Tuning Shop
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Lightweight Windows
Carbon Fiber Hood
Engine Tuning Stage 3
ECU Tuning
Racing Air Filter
Sports Catalytic Converter
FC Gearbox
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Semi-Racing Clutch
FC LSD
FC Suspension
Sports Soft tires

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 0/28

Transmission
Transmission

1st:-- 2.915
2nd:-- 1.929
3rd:-- 1.394
4th:-- 1.057
5th:-- 0.842
6th:-- 0.704
Final: 4.300
Max Speed: 211

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: xx/7
Accel:-- xx/25
Braking: xx/5

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: 0/0
Spring Rate: 10.0/4.8
Extension:-- 9/5
Compression: 7/3
Anti-Roll:-- 1/7
Camber:----- 1.9/3.5
Toe:-------- 0.15/-0.30

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 8/7

Intended Driving Options

Tuner Comments:
This right here is the result of constant evolution since early GT4 tuning efforts. From an initial 350-370hp to 385 and now nearly 400hp, it's grown up a bit and matured noticeably. This doesn't mean it's gotten any fatter; in fact, it's down by 28kg. Beating up on older GT class racecars is easy with this car as long as there's enough corners; it does exactly as you tell it to, exactly when you do.

great tune although when you stick 560bhp onto your tune its extremely tail happy at the exit of any bend wether it be 40 mph or 100 mph =s

RKM Motorsport’s Gallardo LP710 Superleggera

GallardoLP710Superleggera.jpg

GallardoLP710Superleggera_Big.jpg

Based on: 2008 Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4

Drivetrain: AWD
Horsepower: 710 BHP (@302.7 miles)
Torque:---- 460 ft-lb
Weight:---- 1282 kg

PARTS
GT Auto

Front Aero Type A
Rear Aero Type A
Rear Wing Type C

Tuning Shop
Weight Reduction Stage 1
Lightweight Windows
Carbon Fiber Hood (Body Color)
Engine Tuning Stage 3
ECU Tuning
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Header
Sports Catalytic Converter
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Semi-Racing Clutch
Carbon Driveshaft
Adjustable Center Differential
FC LSD
FC Suspension
Sports Soft tires

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 0/20

Transmission
Transmission

1st:-- x.xxx
2nd:-- x.xxx
3rd:-- x.xxx
4th:-- x.xxx
5th:-- x.xxx
6th:-- x.xxx
Final: x.xxx
Max Speed: xxx

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 5/7
Accel:-- 25/35
Braking: 10/25
F/R Bias: 25/75

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -10/-20
Spring Rate: 7.5/8.0
Extension:-- 9/9
Compression: 6/6
Anti-Roll:-- 7/6
Camber:----- 3.5/4.5
Toe:-------- 0.15/0.15

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 7/9

Intended Driving Options

Tuner Comments:
Loud, low, incredibly tiresome to actually use on the street... The ultimate supercar, and the only one that you won't see rappers in. More power than the hottest Murcielago, less weight than the normal Gallardo Superleggera... Far more deserving of the name.

It'll bite you HARD if you treat it wrong. Treat it right and there will be the competition and perhaps a bit of smoke in your mirror and nothing but lapped traffic ahead. It won't beat up on LMPs and Group C cars, but then it's a “street car”. Not much of one, but still legal. Ish.

This is a cool setup,if you know how to drive the car,it tend to over-steer,it makes you learn how to drive the car!!!👍

Best review ever.. Props bro!

He was trying for that. He wants tunes. :lol:

Or rather, he wants my debt to him to increase.

I've been trying so hard to beat the "Like the wind" challenge in A-spec with my un-tuned ZR1. But then it donned on me, "Didn't I see the boys in RKM make a tune for this car?" So sure enough I found your tune and plugged them into my ZR1 (I used a different brake bias for mine, I was feeling adventerous lol) And the very next race I was leading after the first few turns into the Daytona Road Course. I'm by no means a driving God, but the difference between how the stock ZR1 performed compared to your tune was downright frightening. Finished the race with a 14 second gap. :crazy:

Thanks. The AI are really pretty terrible at Daytona RC, I noticed most of the time I make up there with the Z06 RM is around the banked corners and through the chicane.

Just wanted to start with saying thanks for making time to tune and post these wicked tunes. I ve searched for a while for tunes that make the car stick to the road like glue and failed, came across ur set ups and must say they make a huge difference! ur rx7 set up is out of this word i tried myself and everytime i exited a corner i go so much wheel spin which make the car over steer really bad! I have 2 cars that i love to use but one understeers rally bad and have tried so much to sort it but still is bad. If u could post sumthing 4 the GTR 09 and the Enzo that would be brilliant lool i dont mind sending u the cars t work on because they r 2 cars i really enjoy using! my add is z-elmer-fudd-z! look forward to hearing from u!! Thx again

No problem. As for the GT-R, I think we may have something coming up. Enzo not so much, and currently I'm backlogged to hell on tunes.

great tune although when you stick 560bhp onto your tune its extremely tail happy at the exit of any bend wether it be
40 mph or 100 mph =s

Heh, power tends to do that. Throttle control is really the only way to solve it past a certain point.

This is a cool setup,if you know how to drive the car,it tend to over-steer,it makes you learn how to drive the car!!!👍

Glad to see another person like the Gallardo. Were you laughing like Ricky Ricardo?

Bad news I got rear ended and totaled out the 6 :ouch: im so pissed off on the hunt for a new one or something else

Yikes. The curse loves to bite at the wrong times, it's actually been a year and 2 days since the '05 we had got killed.

RKM Motorsport’s Yari Yari

YariYari.jpg

YariYari_Big.jpg

Based on: Toyota Vitz RS 1.5 ‘07
Obtained: Brand new model at Toyota

Drivetrain: FF
Horsepower: 216 BHP (@ 45.9 miles)
Torque:---- 28 kgfm
Weight:---- 910 kg
PP:-------- 436

PARTS
GT Auto

Enkei ES-Tarmac Wheels

Tuning Shop
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Improvement
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Supercharger
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Ballast

Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Max Speed, then each individual ratio.)
1st:-- 2.070
2nd:-- 1.510
3rd:-- 1.161
4th:-- 0.941
5th:-- 0.787
6th:-- 0.674
7th:-- 0.588
Final: 5.400
Max Speed: 168 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 15/0
Accel:-- 30/0
Braking: 10/0

Suspension
Suspension

Spring Rate: 7.5/2.0
Extension:-- 6/3
Compression: 5/2
Anti-Roll:-- 1/2
Camber:----- 1.4/1.3
Toe:-------- –0.15/0.00

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/6

Intended Driving Options

Tuner Comments:
This is Yari Yari, the most adorable little toaster you’ll ever see. With 215 supercharged horsepower, this Yaris is no longer an appliance, it’s a hot hatch with practicality.

23rd Feb 2011 - Transmission & ballast/power settings.

Last edited:
Roj, you know what you should do next?

The Honda CR-Z.

I bought the car the other day, haven't driven it yet, but it looks like a fun little car to play around with. Since it's the successor of the CR-X it struck my interest ..

The Honda CR-Z.

I bought the car the other day, haven't driven it yet, but it looks like a fun little car to play around with. Since it's the successor of the CR-X it struck my interest ..

Or a nissan 300zx, lotus elise 111r RM since those are handling monsters out of the box already, and since you guys did an EVO, you guys def. gotta do a STi too lol :).

But anyways ive used your guys NSX-R, both EK and FD Civic-R's and their amazing tunes. the NSX-R got me a 6:59 at the nurburgring, the EK got me a 7:35 around the nurburgring and the FD got me like a 7:20ish forgot exactly. And im driving with a six-axis controller. Good work guys keep it up!! 👍

Id def. like to see a 300zx, and a sti, preferably the 05' or the 07' hatchback :)

The Honda CR-Z.

The funny thing is, I've been playing with one since last night. :P 195bhp without a turbocharger. It actually handles really nicely after tweaking it, but I'm debating whether to turbo it or not since it's only just as powerful as an old Civic Type R.
Or a nissan 300zx, lotus elise 111r RM since those are handling monsters out of the box already, and since you guys did an EVO, you guys def. gotta do a STi too lol :).

But anyways ive used your guys NSX-R, both EK and FD Civic-R's and their amazing tunes. the NSX-R got me a 6:59 at the nurburgring, the EK got me a 7:35 around the nurburgring and the FD got me like a 7:20ish forgot exactly. And im driving with a six-axis controller. Good work guys keep it up!! 👍

Id def. like to see a 300zx, and a sti, preferably the 05' or the 07' hatchback :)

The ZX and '05 Impreza are another two I'm wanting to play with. 👍

Great stuff! :D I tune with a DS3 so these tunes do really work for us pad users. :sly:

A review for the:
RKM Motorsport’s MX-5 SC[/b]

MX-5SC.jpg

MX-5SC_Big.jpg

Based on: Mazda Eunos Roadster J-Limited (NA) ‘91

First of all i must admit, Im a real fanboy of the RKM tunes.
Did the supra (sledgehammer), the 787b, the civic vti, the EVO X and the Gallardo.

The gallardo is the only one i didnt like. Maybe i did something wrong but i cant get it break out enough to go fast trough the corners. Maybe the problem is im a DS3 player.

But enough about that.

Back to the MAZDA!!!

My Mazda!!!

SanGimignano-stadsplein2.jpg

But i hope my detailed text review will help.
(btw i hope i dont make to much grammar mistakes, im from holland an my grammar could be better.)

What race is best to review this car, i figured.
Offcourse the 4 hour roadster on Tsukuba circuit.

4 hours of racing give a detailed view of the car. And i noticed some interresting stuff.

First feel:

The car handles like a true beast. When i started the first lap i hit the throttle and my tires instantly smoked when i bursted forward. Before the first corner i got third. Than the real power of this car showed up.

Braking for the first corner, than like i do normally give as much gas to get out of the the corner while staying on track. But the supercharger kicked in and let the car eat the asphalt while drifting trough the corner onto the straight. Every corner is eaten like its ment to destroy the track and your oponents.

While braking the car is incredible stable, and slow corners are a joke in this car. With just 250hp, amazing!!!

The race:
In Tsukuba i menaged to do 239laps in 4hours, wich is a lot.

My everage laptime was 1:04:5XX, but mainly since my concentration failed a bit in the end.

I actually had a best lap time of 1:01:998 Wich felt incredible fast,
This lap was made with tires that saw the 5th lap and when i was on 60% fuel.

Normally ill try to drive with the tank as empty as possible. Making the car lighter and faster. It really surprised me that my car got slower when i filled the gas tank to just 40%. I started making laps of 1:07:XXX. The car wasnt heavy enough to race trough the corners fast. So i filled the gas tank to the max again.

But when the gas tank is filled max i noticed my tires wore off really fast. Within 14laps i needed new tires. So i started tweeking and found out that between 80% and 60% fuel the tires last much, much longer. Changed my tires every 30-35 laps eventuelly.

After 3,5 hours of racing i smashed up against a wall since my concentration failed for a few seconds, and after it hitted the wall really hard, i must say the handling dropped big times. Couldnt get laps faster than 1:04:XXX after that.

Nonetheless i lapped my competition at least 20 times.

Verdict:

The car is truelly brilliant, personally i really dont like the looks of the mx5 in real life. But this car is in my favorite list cause of its brute handling. The oversteer it has, is perfectly okey but i find it a bit hard to handle for some other tracks.
I added a spoiler with downforce 0/5 to it. And now its even more easy to handle. And it didnt lose its brute force.

Raced with it against my brother and he didnt like the idea of getting beaten by a grey mx5 with pink rims.

Thanks roj for bringing me this car :sly:

MX-5 SC
Handling: 8/10
Performance: 9/10
Fun: 10/10
For the 4 hour endurance: 9/10

SanGimignano-stadsplein.jpg

Last edited:
Damn, sweet review! I'll break up your post a bit so I can reply easier. :P

A review for the:

First of all i must admit, Im a real fanboy of the RKM tunes.
Did the supra (sledgehammer), the 787b, the civic vti, the EVO X and the Gallardo.

The gallardo is the only one i didnt like. Maybe i did something wrong but i cant get it break out enough to go fast trough the corners. Maybe the problem is im a DS3 player.

But enough about that.
I know why you didn't like the Gallardo. It's because RJ tuned it! :sly: Just kidding RJ. :P I tune with a DS3, don't know about RJ, I think he uses a mix of both DS3 and wheel?
Back to the MAZDA!!!

Okey i fail to put a nice picture on my laptop. But i hope my detailed text review will help.
(btw i hope i dont make to much grammar mistakes, im from holland an my grammar could be better.)

What race is best to review this car, i figured.
Offcourse the 4 hour roadster on Tsukuba circuit.

4 hours of racing give a detailed view of the car. And i noticed some interresting stuff.

First feel:

The car handles like a true beast. When i started the first lap i hit the throttle and my tires instantly smoked when i bursted forward. Before the first corner i got third. Than the real power of this car showed up.

Braking for the first corner, than like i do normally give as much gas to get out of the the corner while staying on track. But the supercharger kicked in and let the car eat the asphalt while drifting trough the corner onto the straight. Every corner is eaten like its ment to destroy the track and your oponents.

While braking the car is incredible stable, and slow corners are a joke in this car. With just 250hp, amazing!!!
I focued on Tsukuba when tuning the MX-5. Preparing it for the MX-5 events especially. 👍 The supercharger really changed the way the car behaves in the corners as well as the straights. :sly:
The race:
In Tsukuba i menaged to do 239laps in 4hours, wich is a lot.

My everage laptime was 1:04:5XX, but mainly since my concentration failed a bit in the end.

I actually had a best lap time of 1:01:998 Wich felt incredible fast,
This lap was made with tires that saw the 5th lap and when i was on 60% fuel.

Normally ill try to drive with the tank as empty as possible. Making the car lighter and faster. It really surprised me that my car got slower when i filled the gas tank to just 40%. I started making laps of 1:07:XXX. The car wasnt heavy enough to race trough the corners fast. So i filled the gas tank to the max again.

But when the gas tank is filled max i noticed my tires wore off really fast. Within 14laps i needed new tires. So i started tweeking and found out that between 80% and 60% fuel the tires last much, much longer. Changed my tires every 30-35 laps eventuelly.

After 3,5 hours of racing i smashed up against a wall since my concentration failed for a few seconds, and after it hitted the wall really hard, i must say the handling dropped big times. Couldnt get laps faster than 1:04:XXX after that.

Nonetheless i lapped my competition at least 20 times.
You've actually raised some interesting points about how the fuel affects the car during endurance races. Didn't know that was the case. 👍
Verdict:

The car is truelly brilliant, personally i really dont like the looks of the mx5 in real life. But this car is in my favorite list cause of its brute handling. The oversteer it has, is perfectly okey but i find it a bit hard to handle for some other tracks.
I added a spoiler with downforce 0/5 to it. And now its even more easy to handle. And it didnt lose its brute force.

Raced with it against my brother and he didnt like the idea of getting beaten by a grey mx5 with pink rims.

Thanks roj for bringing me this car :sly:

MX-5 SC
Handling: 8/10
Performance: 9/10
Fun: 10/10
For the 4 hour endurance: 9/10
Glad you liked it! The only reason I didn't add a spoiler was because it looked bad on an MX-5. :P Thanks for the detailed review! 👍

Just tried the RX7 tune and thought it was excellent. Its really stable and you need to want it to slide or it just stays glued.

I did decrease the rear camber a little than increase the front anti roll bars, purely to make it slide a little more. I like a little rear end action!

Appreciate the time you have taken because I'm rubbish at tuning!

rkm motorsport’s wütend deutsch

wtenddeutsch.jpg

wtenddeutsch_big.jpg

based on: 2008 bmw m5
obtained: new car dealer

drivetrain: fr
horsepower: 662 bhp (@78.2 miles)
torque:---- 455 ft-lb
weight:---- 1394 kg

parts
gt auto

bbs rs wheels
front aero type a
extension type a
rear wing type a

tuning shop
weight reduction stage 3
lightweight windows
carbon fiber hood
engine tuning stage 3
ecu tuning
sports intake manifold
racing air filter
titanium racing exhaust
sports header
sports catalytic converter
semi-racing flywheel
semi-racing clutch
carbon driveshaft
fc lsd
fc suspension
sports soft or

setup

body/chassis
aerodynamics

downforce: 0/20

transmission
transmission

1st:-- 4.505
2nd:-- 2.929
3rd:-- 2.098
4th:-- 1.567
5th:-- 1.220
6th:-- 0.990
7th:-- 0.838
final: 3.615
max speed: 261

drivetrain
differential:

initial: 0/7
accel:-- 0/35
braking: 0/5

suspension
suspension

ride height: -30/-30
spring rate: 13.5/12.5
extension:-- 10/9
compression: 7/6
anti-roll:-- 1/1
camber:----- 3.1/1.7
toe:-------- -0.25/0.30

brakes
brake balance controller

brake balance: 5/10

intended driving options
transmission: Manual (mt)
abs: 1
everything else: Off

tuner comments:
the bmw m5 enjoys being known as one of the best supersedans around.

And we just proved it by making it very, very angry. More power, less weight, more grip, fewer nannies. It will kill you much quicker than a stock m5, but then... It'll do that to the competition as well.

wow this set up is crazy,this m5 is a monster!!!

Back