RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

You guys think you can get a tune for the Enzo? This is one of the harder cars in the game to tune to handle well.

I doubt me or RJ will be buying an Enzo anytime soon. If someone wants us to supply us with one for a while so we can tune it, that would be cool. :D

Also, important news. I'm going on holiday on the 19th and wont be back until the 3rd of Janurary 2011. I'll still be here to post occasionally, but I won't be anywhere near GT5, or a PS3 for that matter. So any requests, please contact RJ. Thank you. 👍

Hey guys Im very new to this forum. I searched a little while to see if i could locate a setup for the vipers, 99 and the ACR. I wish there was a basic starter tune that would work on all of them. Anyway, i also wanted to say thanks for the time you put into these setups for everyone. That is really cool and appreciated!

RKM Motorsport’s Midnight Z

MidnightZ.jpg

MidnightZ_Big.jpg

Based on: Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) ‘08
Obtained: Brand new from Nissan

Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 509 BHP (@ 104.4 miles)
Torque:---- 56 kgfm
Weight:---- 1239 kg
PP:-------- 554

PARTS
GT Auto

Rays Volk Racing CE28N Wheels
Type A Front Aero
Type A Wing

Tuning Shop
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Improvement
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Supercharger
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 0/20

Ballast
Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Max Speed, then each individual ratio.)
1st:-- 3.171
2nd:-- 2.180
3rd:-- 1.612
4th:-- 1.255
5th:-- 1.019
6th:-- 0.860
Final: 3.666
Max Speed: 199 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 0/17
Accel:-- 0/37
Braking: 0/9

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 13.5/9.5
Extension:-- 7/6
Compression: 6/5
Anti-Roll:-- 5/4
Camber:----- 1.8/2.0
Toe:-------- –0.25/-0.05

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/6

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
Some say it’s possessed by a certain old Z and that all you can hear from it at night is the “whiiiiiiiii” sound from it’s supercharger, but all we know, is that it’s called the Midnight Z.

23rd Feb 2011 - Transmission & ballast/power settings.

Last edited:
Thanks for the detailed review! 👍

Cool you liked it, planning on doing the 90 laps of lacuna sega in your brothers ford mustang.

I noticed you guys said one request for each review.

I would love to see a lamborghini murcilago sv maxed out.
I would love to see an audi R8 4.2 FSI maxed out.
I would love to see an awesome mclaren f1 maxed out.

All three i can deliver with the upgrades as you request, so just tell me what you would like to tune best.

I have an sv allready and its an hot beast when accelerating, but it fails a bit in cornering and braking from very high speed.

Not driven the other 2 yet.

I noticed that you roj will go on holliday soon, and since you use DS3 as well i prever you to tune it since i have no wheel. Kyle's tunes are awesome as well but dont know if he could use DS3 to tune my requests.

Anyway i can send you the cars you prever to tune, today if you like.

The F1 sounds entertaining. I'd be able to tune it with the DS3 if you like, I've noticed that depending on the car/track I'm occasionally a few tenths quicker using the DS3 anyway, so...

Roj is basically going to be busy until he leaves as far as I'm aware though.

The F1 sounds entertaining. I'd be able to tune it with the DS3 if you like, I've noticed that depending on the car/track I'm occasionally a few tenths quicker using the DS3 anyway, so...

Roj is basically going to be busy until he leaves as far as I'm aware though.

Super, will send the car to you as soon as im able, will add you to my friends list to do so.

Wich parts do i need to buy, just everything? And since this is a car that tends to be a race car wich tires do you want with it.

Super, will send the car to you as soon as im able, will add you to my friends list to do so.

Wich parts do i need to buy, just everything? And since this is a car that tends to be a race car wich tires do you want with it.

Well it's technically the road version right? I'd say that sports softs would make it a very entertaining "could've been" car.

As for parts... Everything save engine tuning stage 1-3. If I find it needs it, it's not particularly expensive.

^^LOL. I love the "STIG" introduction (Tuner Comments). That's something that you guys should keep going! 
We will but not for every car, just where it's appropriate. :P:tup:
Cool you liked it, planning on doing the 90 laps of lacuna sega in your brothers ford mustang.

I noticed that you roj will go on holliday soon, and since you use DS3 as well i prever you to tune it since i have no wheel. Kyle's tunes are awesome as well but dont know if he could use DS3 to tune my requests.
Kyle's not actually my brother but we might as well be. :P

You're in good hands with Kyle tuning for the DS3, don't worry. After I get back I'll have to take the load off RJ for a while. :D:tup:
I wish you guys would stop tuning the cars I want to.:P
You snooze you lose. :sly: :P

Oh god, I really need to get gt5. Even if it means running through snow and being hit by a truck.

I would love to try your tunes, I'm new testing tunes and tuning all together but not the series. Love to see how it can improve your car. I may be 14 but god I love cars, and have played all the GT's. Sorry for the off-topicness, just inspired by you guys.

Just tried the scuderia tune and all I can say is that it's simply fantastic! The car already handles like a dream with the settings untouched but now I'm actually able to take on some of the racecars without any problems. Awesome tune! I feel no understeer, it accelerates quickly, good braking power and has a decent top speed when letting it rip on the straights. Just feels a pleasure to drive. Great work with the tunes.

BTW is it possible if one of you guys tunes my Epson NSX? I've installed all upgrades on it but it handles terrible. It has a tendency to Spin out very easily especially when cornering.

Last edited:
I wish you guys would stop tuning the cars I want to.:P

You snooze you lose. :sly: :P

That doesn't stop you making a better tune Paulie! :P Remember, we all had cars that were in other people's garages. Just on my end, I had the ST165 which was also in RRV (mine was better! :P), I had several SRC battles against shoman with identical cars and even as GT4 was winding up, I had identical cars to MFT in the Tuner Garage Challenge with both of us running an RX7 & Spirra.

Oh god, I really need to get gt5. Even if it means running through snow and being hit by a truck.

I would love to try your tunes, I'm new testing tunes and tuning all together but not the series. Love to see how it can improve your car. I may be 14 but god I love cars, and have played all the GT's. Sorry for the off-topicness, just inspired by you guys.
Awwww. :embarrassed: I'm sure there's a safer way to get GT5. Just hang in there. :D:tup:
BTW is it possible if one of you guys tunes my Epson NSX? I've installed all upgrades on it but it handles terrible. It has a tendency to Spin out very easily especially when cornering.
You'll have to talk to RJ about sending tunes over. I think he's got a few cars to work on so he'd have to put you in a queue. I'm busy packing for my holiday and wont be back until 2011.
That doesn't stop you making a better tune Paulie! :P Remember, we all had cars that were in other people's garages. Just on my end, I had the ST165 which was also in RRV (mine was better! :P), I had several SRC battles against shoman with identical cars and even as GT4 was winding up, I had identical cars to MFT in the Tuner Garage Challenge with both of us running an RX7 & Spirra.
I think Paulie wants to tune cars that haven't been tuned yet. :P I look forward to the first GT5 TGC. We'll see who has the better car, you silly cat face. :sly:

I think Paulie wants to tune cars that haven't been tuned yet. :P I look forward to the first GT5 TGC. We'll see who has the better car, you silly cat face. :sly:

Well if my track record against you guys is anything to go by, I think I'll be pretty sweet Roj. :sly: The Uindibare circuit I created does things for my cars in GT5 that the Guranbare has never done and that's saying something because the cars that came from GVS in GT4 days were very well tuned and my track took that extra step in the right direction....it's to the point that on the 'ring, I'm not going airborne in sections I used to jump 50ft off the crest from. 👍

PS. Just for you Roj, I await you for the duel!! :P

I can send the Enzo to either one of you guys. Since i dont use it anymore and it handles like crap. It is quite fast though.

Will add you on PSN tomorrow.

Just tried the scuderia tune and all I can say is that it's simply fantastic! The car already handles like a dream with the settings untouched but now I'm actually able to take on some of the racecars without any problems. Awesome tune! I feel no understeer, it accelerates quickly, good braking power and has a decent top speed when letting it rip on the straights. Just feels a pleasure to drive. Great work with the tunes.

Where is the viper tune located at?

Thanks for adding me on psn,

I was wondering, are there cars you would love to see reviewed?
Love to review some cars, but maybe you guys have requests as well instead of dealing with our tuning requests.

Will do the ford mustang of Kyle, and after he tweeked my F1 i will send to him i will review that as well.

Well if my track record against you guys is anything to go by, I think I'll be pretty sweet Roj. :sly: The Uindibare circuit I created does things for my cars in GT5 that the Guranbare has never done and that's saying something because the cars that came from GVS in GT4 days were very well tuned and my track took that extra step in the right direction....it's to the point that on the 'ring, I'm not going airborne in sections I used to jump 50ft off the crest from. 👍

PS. Just for you Roj, I await you for the duel!! :P
New game, new start. It'll be a different outcome from GT4 days. :P I've yet to make an RKM test course, still using Trial Mountain. :D

Thanks for the video, by the way. Reminds me of you. :sly:
how about a tuning setup for Enzo Ferrari? thanks in advance

I can send the Enzo to either one of you guys. Since i dont use it anymore and it handles like crap. It is quite fast though.

Will add you on PSN tomorrow.
I'll talk to RJ about this. Then let you know which one of us to send the Enzo and we'll get a tune done. 👍
Where is the viper tune located at?
We don't have a Viper tune at the moment.
Thanks for adding me on psn,

I was wondering, are there cars you would love to see reviewed?
Love to review some cars, but maybe you guys have requests as well instead of dealing with our tuning requests.

Will do the ford mustang of Kyle, and after he tweeked my F1 i will send to him i will review that as well.

I believe RJ wanted some more reviews for his Atenza. The last few tunes I've posted haven't been reviewed yet also. 👍

Anything in the future for a viper tune? Im not trying to be pushy, when you get to a certain point where you have to tune and your not very good at it. well you kinda get frustrated and want to just stop playing. The fun factor drops hard.(for me anyway) im trying to learn how to set them up, but military life is just really fast right now. So time is a constraint. I just want to play the game and run a car that ill never actually be blessed to own.

Also, i will be using the NSX tune from you guys for a friendly race tomorrow at Laguna Seca.

I will report back with the results and maybe even a replay video!

Anything in the future for a viper tune? Im not trying to be pushy, when you get to a certain point where you have to tune and your not very good at it. well you kinda get frustrated and want to just stop playing. The fun factor drops hard.(for me anyway) im trying to learn how to set them up, but military life is just really fast right now. So time is a constraint. I just want to play the game and run a car that ill never actually be blessed to own.
There's definately something in the future for a Viper tune, I just can't tell for sure how soon or how far that future is.
Also, i will be using the NSX tune from you guys for a friendly race tomorrow at Laguna Seca.

I will report back with the results and maybe even a replay video!

Looking forward to it! 👍

RKM Motorsport’s Toyota Altezza RS500

ToyotaAltezzaRS500.jpg

ToyotaAltezzaRS500_Big.jpg

Based on: 2007 Lexus IS F
Obtained: New Car Dealer

Horsepower: 634 BHP (@ 132.1 miles)
Torque:---- 476 ft-lb
Weight:---- 1315 kg

PARTS
GT Auto

Enkei RPF1 wheels
Front Aero Type A
Rear Wing Type A

Tuning Shop
Stage 3 Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Lightweight Windows
Carbon Fiber Hood (Body Color)
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
FC LSD
FC Suspension
Sports Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 0/18

Transmission
Transmission

1st:-- x.xxx
2nd:-- x.xxx
3rd:-- x.xxx
4th:-- x.xxx
5th:-- x.xxx
6th:-- x.xxx
7th:-- x.xxx
8th:-- x.xxx
Final: x.xxx
Max Speed: xxx

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: x/5
Accel:-- x/20
Braking: x/5

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: 10/-20
Spring Rate: 13.8/12.5
Extension:-- 4/10
Compression: 6/8
Anti-Roll:-- 3/5
Camber:----- 2.8/2.2
Toe:-------- 0.20/0.35

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 3/10

Intended Driving Options

Tuner Comments:
What if Toyota had kept the Altezza and the naming scheme with it? What if they weren't interested in making appliances and rather in making driver's cars?

Well, this would be the result. Instead of the pure alphabet soup named IS F being the top of the line model, there would likely be two V8 versions... The AS500 which would be roughly the equivalent of the base IS F and the RS500 which we see here. Instead of 417hp as in the lowly AS500, there is a staggering 634hp; instead of masses of creature comforts and computers, there's a very spartan interior housing two front seats, a lightweight rear bench seat, and not much else. The result is a car much harder-edged than the IS-F and one that steps very firmly on the toes of the LFA.

Last edited:
RKM Motorsport’s March Super Turbo

MarchSuperTurbo.jpg

MarchSuperTurbo_Big.jpg

Based on: Nissan March 12SR ‘07
Obtained: Brand new model at Nissan

Drivetrain: FF
Horsepower: 224 BHP (@ 69.6 miles)
Torque:---- 21 kgfm
Weight:---- 849 kg
PP:-------- 461

PARTS
GT Auto

Enkei ES-Tarmac Wheels
Type A Front Aero
Type A Rear Aero
Type A Wing

Tuning Shop
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Improvement
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 0/20

Ballast
Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Max Speed, then each individual ratio.)
1st:-- 2.718
2nd:-- 1.856
3rd:-- 1.361
4th:-- 1.069
5th:-- 0.874
Final: 4.200
Max Speed: 155 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 10/0
Accel:-- 40/0
Braking: 5/0

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -20/-20
Spring Rate: 9.0/3.0
Extension:-- 6/8
Compression: 5/7
Anti-Roll:-- 2/5
Camber:----- 1.6/1.1
Toe:-------- –0.20/-0.10

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/6

Intended Driving Options

Tuner Comments:
The original March Super Turbo was an 80’s classic. Now, it’s the name of a bonkers little Micra from 2007. With 222bhp coming from a little 1.2 litre turbo motor, you’d think this March is already a little mad, but with a weight of 849kg, you’ll see that it’s actually bonkers. Built to compete with anything around a tight course, this March features handling fit for a go-kart track, with agility and pace to match. You can keep your foot flat around most corners without worry or fear of death. All you have to worry about is it imagining the look on that M3 driver’s face when he realises he can’t shake you.

23rd Feb 2011 - Transmission & ballast/power settings.
22nd Oct 2011 - Spec II adjustments.

Last edited:
RKM Motorsport’s Mazdaspeed RX-8 Spec. III

MazdaspeedRX-8SpecIII.jpg

MazdaspeedRX-8SpecIII_Big.jpg

Based on: 2007 Mazda RX-8 Type S

Horsepower: 396 BHP (@ 191.2 miles)
Torque:---- 259 ft-lb
Weight:---- 1085 kg

PARTS
GT Auto

Motegi Racing TOUGE wheels
Front Aero Type A
Extension Type A
Rear Wing Type A

Tuning Shop
Stage 3 Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Lightweight Windows
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Supercharger
FC Gearbox
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
FC LSD
FC Suspension
Sports Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Transmission
Transmission

1st:-- 3.645
2nd:-- 2.416
3rd:-- 1.794
4th:-- 1.374
5th:-- 1.103
6th:-- 0.929
Final: 4.444
Max Speed: 193 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: x/7
Accel:-- x/22
Braking: x/5

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -20/5
Spring Rate: 9.0/7.0
Extension:-- 9/8
Compression: 6/4
Anti-Roll:-- 4/5
Camber:----- 2.8/2.9
Toe:-------- -0.05/-0.10

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/9

Intended Driving Options

Tuner Comments:
The biggest complaint with the RX-8 was never its handling prowess nor the rev-happy nature of its RENESIS 1.3L 2-rotor powerplant... It was the torque produced by it, or rather the lack thereof. The RX-8 was not particularly heavy for a sports coupe, much less something with four doors, but the butter-smooth power plant also had about as much torque as a twisted rubber band. Well, we've sorted that by adding a supercharger and letting it rev even higher; the result is an astonishing 397bhp at 9300rpm and a quite respectable 259 ft-lbs of torque at 6300rpm. Add in a lightened and stiffened chassis (the car now weighs about 500lbs less than stock), retuned suspension, a good bit of downforce, and the result is the RX-8 that should've been built, even if it cost twice what the normal model did.

Last edited:
RKM Motorsport’s NISMO 300ZX R-Tune

NISMO300ZXR-Tune.jpg

NISMO300ZXR-Tune_Big.jpg

Based on: 1989 Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX TT Two-seater

Horsepower: 544 BHP (@ 76.1 miles)
Torque:---- 551 ft-lb
Weight:---- 1223 kg

PARTS
GT Auto

Motegi Racing TOUGE wheels
Front Aero Type B
Rear Aero Type A
Rear Wing Type A

Tuning Shop
Stage 3 Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Lightweight Windows
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Header
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Mid-RPM Range Turbo Kit
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
FC LSD
FC Suspension
Sports Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Transmission
Transmission

1st:-- x.xxx
2nd:-- x.xxx
3rd:-- x.xxx
4th:-- x.xxx
5th:-- x.xxx
6th:-- x.xxx
Final: x.xxx
Max Speed: xxx

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: x/20
Accel:-- x/27
Braking: x/23

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -25/-15
Spring Rate: 9.8/4.3
Extension:-- 9/5
Compression: 7/3
Anti-Roll:-- 5/2
Camber:----- 1.3/3.5
Toe:-------- 0.0/-0.05

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/8

Intended Driving Options

Tuner Comments:
The 300ZX was praised for basically everything it did... But it wasn't as fast as it could've been, was fatter than it should've been, and so on. NISMO sent us one to do our magic on and the results are very good; the VG30DETT has been tuned for a very strong torque output and the rotating assembly and valvetrain has been reworked to withstand high-RPM use, and the suspension has been tuned to cope exceedingly well. Subtract a few hundred pounds and you've got quite the monster that is still perfectly street legal and comfortable enough to use daily.

Last edited:
can u post some rally car tunes plz thanx any rally cars will do

Can you use proper grammar and spelling next time you post?

You agreed to do so when you signed up.

Now, that said, there's nothing really in the pipeline for a rally car at this exact moment. If one gets properly requested then sure.

Latest Posts

Back