RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

Hey guys, me again :) I've been tweaking an 'integra type R (DC5) RM '04: for a while now. I'll post the tune & please will you see what you can do with it. I can get like 1400th on the 246bhp fwd time trial :) thanks in advance.

Tune:
Suspension is all I really need:
[-25] ride height [-25]
[11.6] spring rate [8.6]
[9] dampers (extension) [8]
[8] dampers (compression) [7]
[4] anti-roll bars [4]
[1.8] camber angle (-) [2.2]
[-0.12] toe angle [0.20]

Thanks in advance again guys. Do your magic xD

I discovered this forum a few days ago and boy am I glad I did because its really helped me with a few things!

Even happier that I discovered this thread, brilliant work from you guys, heres which of your cars I've gone for so far.

Ford Mustang Mach R - Bought specifically after seeing in here but as yet unused in A-Spec & B-Spec

Gallardo LP710 - Already had this car. Why no FC Transmission? I haven't used it in A-Spec yet but gave it a a go in the Gallardo B-Spec race and my driver couldn't win/wouldn't use the higher top speed to overtake, best he could do was 5th, so I fitted the FC transmission and set the max speed low so that the acceleration was better than the competition and as a result it easily won. Will fitting this make any difference to your tune?

F430 - Already had this car. Mine is max tuned though to I think about 660BHP, will this make a difference. Haven't yet used it in A-Spec or B-Spec

Wutend Deutsch - Already had this car aswell. Haven't used yet though since tuning.

Civic VTi-R - Another car that I already had and again, haven't used it since the tune.

LFA GT - Another car that I already had but mine is kicking out over 600BHP. Should I detune it?

Will let you know what I think of them once I've used them but I'm going through B-Spec at the minute.

I'm also going to be trying the Z06, the Evo X and once I've got enough money to buy it, the 787B.

Looking forward to an Enzo tune aswell.

Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

Last edited:
Performed a Racing Modification and installed a High RPM turbo on the Vti Civic and just won the Supercar Festival in A-Spec pretty easily. Love this car. I have both a street version that is exactly like your tune then the RM model I just mentioned with the big turbo. :)

Hey guys! I'm back! Actually came back last night but I was in no condition to do anything but collapse on my bed and go zzzzzzzz. :lol:

Hope you've all had a great Christmas and New Year. 👍

Once RJ updates me with the new links, the pics should all work nicely again. :D

What colour did you use for the Midnight Z? the closest I've ever gotten was the R33's Midnight Purple.

It's MNP of some sort according to Roj, probably the R33's version. Images may have thrown it off slightly.

Would you guys mind doing a rally tune of a Lan-Evo? Preferably the 4 or 6 (I can send you mine if that helps).

I used the VI TME for the gravel stage of the intermediate rally, wasn't really happy with it but then I spent about 30 seconds tuning it and 15 minutes driving it :lol:

Here's a review of your Midnight Z:

First Drive

Wow this car is amazing, you can hear the supercharged VQ37 Howling away as soon as you mash the gas pedal (I'm Using a DFGT so it's literal) It feels like it has 200 more horsepower than the numbers say, and drives like that too. I've never had a car with only 500HP be able to reach 300 km/ph so quickly, if only my VQ35 actually was that fast! Even at top speed the car changes direction quick, you can easily feel that this car means business, you can go overtake that slow F430 in front of you at SSR7 with just a flick of the wheel and a tap on the gas. Despite it's confidence inspiring high speed handling, it's just as good going 60 kmph around the Hammerhead at the Top Gear Test Track. Even though this car is wonderfully set up for circuit racing, it is the first (and currently only) FR car that I can drift.

The Hot Lap

This car ran a 1:16.6xx Which put my Skylines to shame and Chases my GT-R SpecV all the way home.

Final Thougths

This car is out of this world, forget Your Skylines, this is just that good. It's a good tune even for not so competent drivers (like me). You guys have tuned this car to perfection. Now if you excuse me, I'm going for a ride in my Midnight Z.

Driver's notes: This car drifts amazingly for a car that can grip just as amazingly. Drift pics are at http://s725.photobucket.com/albums/ww254/Zhu8/RKM Motorsports Midnight Z/ Enjoy!

Scores

Accleration: 8/10
High Speed Stability: 10/10
Top Speed: 9.5/10
High Speed Handling: 10/10
Medium Speed Handling: 7.5/10
Low Speed Handling: 8/10
Fun To Drive Factor: 9.5/10
Drifting: 9.5/10
Coolness Factor: 10/10
Overall: 9.25/10

P.S. Is This Worth a tune?

Very nice. Definitely worth a tune. Would it be the Evo you mentioned? Pick one and ship it my way, I'll see what I can do.

Wow, this is the first time I've looked at the garage, and you haven't wasted any time, have you? I was hoping to find some pathetically low-power models I could use online to great effect, and it seems that Roj is specializing in building just those. Great success.

Though, I just might have to try that VTi-R setup on the Mugen Motul I just won. That should work...

I may just do a Samba as it seems that it should have at least some potential in terms of acceleration. Interested? ;)

Nice work guys,One of my fav cars is the tommy kaira ZZII....i think the car is very worthy of a Tune!

I actually have one I plan to tune eventually (thanks, NTwo!) but I've no idea when I'll get around to it.

Hey guys, me again :) I've been tweaking an 'integra type R (DC5) RM '04: for a while now. I'll post the tune & please will you see what you can do with it. I can get like 1400th on the 246bhp fwd time trial :) thanks in advance.

Tune:
Suspension is all I really need:
[-25] ride height [-25]
[11.6] spring rate [8.6]
[9] dampers (extension) [8]
[8] dampers (compression) [7]
[4] anti-roll bars [4]
[1.8] camber angle (-) [2.2]
[-0.12] toe angle [0.20]

Thanks in advance again guys. Do your magic xD

You may notice some gains from increasing front spring rate to around 12.5-14.0, dropping rear spring rate to around 6.5, softening the front dampers somewhat, softening the front stabilizer, and stiffening the rear stabilizer. It may look odd but I've found that it helps corner exit noticeably (sometimes a bit too much, my original DC5 ITR tune in GT4 oversteered massively on throttle, getting it nicknamed "Arab Drifter").

Love your tunes man! Thanks again! Just re drove one of them. My god!

Hehehehe, which was it?

Great thread

Thanks.

I discovered this forum a few days ago and boy am I glad I did because its really helped me with a few things!

Even happier that I discovered this thread, brilliant work from you guys, heres which of your cars I've gone for so far.

Ford Mustang Mach R - Bought specifically after seeing in here but as yet unused in A-Spec & B-Spec

Gallardo LP710 - Already had this car. Why no FC Transmission? I haven't used it in A-Spec yet but gave it a a go in the Gallardo B-Spec race and my driver couldn't win/wouldn't use the higher top speed to overtake, best he could do was 5th, so I fitted the FC transmission and set the max speed low so that the acceleration was better than the competition and as a result it easily won. Will fitting this make any difference to your tune?

F430 - Already had this car. Mine is max tuned though to I think about 660BHP, will this make a difference. Haven't yet used it in A-Spec or B-Spec

Wutend Deutsch - Already had this car aswell. Haven't used yet though since tuning.

Civic VTi-R - Another car that I already had and again, haven't used it since the tune.

LFA GT - Another car that I already had but mine is kicking out over 600BHP. Should I detune it?

Will let you know what I think of them once I've used them but I'm going through B-Spec at the minute.

I'm also going to be trying the Z06, the Evo X and once I've got enough money to buy it, the 787B.

Looking forward to an Enzo tune aswell.

Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

Gallardo doesn't have an FC box as it would mask the sound and wasn't really critical to performance either in A-Spec as I quite liked the gear spacing. If we had full ratio control I probably would've done an FC box up properly but since we don't the gains were a bit small for a car made to work everywhere.

The Scuderia should be fine with the extra power although instead of being just a little lairy in 2nd and occasionally 3rd it'll likely try to kill you much more often.

LF-A is apparently quite mean even with stock power, more will probably do the same as to the Scuderia, albeit to a greater extent.

Hey guys! I'm back! Actually came back last night but I was in no condition to do anything but collapse on my bed and go zzzzzzzz. :lol:

Hope you've all had a great Christmas and New Year. 👍

Once RJ updates me with the new links, the pics should all work nicely again. :D

They're all set now. :D

Will the tune for the M5 work with the M3 and the 320i Touring Car?

Doubt it. The M5 is large by huge by heavy, the M3 and 320i TC are radically different. Might somewhat work as a starting point but that's about it.

Okay so I've finally managed to get back on GT5 and try out these seasonal events. The Fiat 500 event I managed to do by using Yari Yari's suspension and LSD settings and a really short ratio gearbox. (100mph or something as the max.) The CR-Z event was already taken care of thanks to a tune I've yet to release yet. Again the gearbox was set alot lower to match the car power. ;) And the FC RX-7 event, I used the suspension settings from RJ's RX-8, although I think that event is very easy even without using special settings. Challenger event next! :D

Also I have a little annoucement, which may affect my tuning from now on. Basically whilst on holiday, I picked up one of those HKS controllers. I've been using it since I got back and I have to say, it's alot nicer to use than a DS3. :D I've got more control over my car and my laptimes are generally faster by a few tenths. So my future tunes will be tuned using this controller, but I'll try my best to keep the cars friendly to DS3 users too. :)

RKM Motorsport’s CR-Z Type R

CRZTypeR.jpg

CRZTypeR_Big.jpg

Based on: Honda CR-Z α ‘10
Obtained: Brand new model at Honda

Drivetrain: FF
Horsepower: 197 BHP (@ 59.2 miles)
Torque:---- 24 kgfm
Weight:---- 956 kg
PP:-------- 436

PARTS
GT Auto

Rays Volk Racing RE30 Wheels
Type A Front Aero
Type A Wing

Tuning Shop
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Improvement
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 0/15

Ballast
Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Max Speed, then each individual ratio.)
1st:-- 2.663
2nd:-- 1.880
3rd:-- 1.462
4th:-- 1.178
5th:-- 0.968
6th:-- 0.804
Final: 4.340
Max Speed: 168 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 10/0
Accel:-- 25/0
Braking: 5/0

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 10.0/3.5
Extension:-- 7/5
Compression: 5/4
Anti-Roll:-- 2/3
Camber:----- 1.6/1.2
Toe:-------- –0.10/-0.18

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/6

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
When Honda brought us the new CR-Z, there was only one common complaint. “Why is it so underpowered?” Honda are planning to bring out hotter versions of the CR-Z, but we thought we’d beat them to it. To begin, the chassis was given a full weight strip and as a result, weighs less than the old EK9 Civic Type R. But even with such light weight, 110bhp was not going to get us anywhere, so we tuned it to 197bhp. About the same as a DC2 Integra Type R. So it has Type R weight, Type R power and after extensive tuning, Type R handling, but it still sips fuel like a hybrid should. A true CR-Z Type R then. Watch your back, Prius.

10th Jan 2011 - Revised settings.
24th Feb 2011 - Transmission & ballast/power settings.

Last edited:
Going to do the R34 now and have a go in the GT-R Special Event. Once I've done, will this tune work if I take the car to the maximum, 700BHP or whatever it goes to?

Do you think these CR-Z settings would work on the Spoon as well?
I'd imagine they'd work just as well on the Spoon. The only thing I think might need changing is the gear ratios to suit however much more power the Spoon has. 👍
Going to do the R34 now and have a go in the GT-R Special Event. Once I've done, will this tune work if I take the car to the maximum, 700BHP or whatever it goes to?

The seasonal event race? I tried it with the R34 as it is and managed second with about 7 seconds behind 1st place. With the extra 40 or so bhp to hit the max power limit and better driving, I'd imagine it can win. Not done it myself though. The tune wont perform the same with max power, but it'll still perform quite well. It becomes a bit stiff according to what other people have been saying.

I saw in here the other day that the Civic tune, or part of it, had been used on another car and it had worked. I can't find it now though and I can't remember what the other car was but based on it, I'm guessing it'll work with my Clio aswell?

I think it was the suspension set up but I'm not sure now.....

(It wasn't the Mugen Civic btw, it was another hatchback, hence why I figure it'll work on the Clio too)

I saw in here the other day that the Civic tune, or part of it, had been used on another car and it had worked. I can't find it now though and I can't remember what the other car was but based on it, I'm guessing it'll work with my Clio aswell?

I think it was the suspension set up but I'm not sure now.....

(It wasn't the Mugen Civic btw, it was another hatchback, hence why I figure it'll work on the Clio too)

Was it this post?

Hey fellas I'm yet to try any tunes as I'm yet to find an excuse to do spend big on a donar car. I did however blow much cash on a RenaultSport Clio 2.0 16V, which is my daily driver in real life, hence the outlay. After all parts etc were put on I was having problems getting this around corners. Using the logic that the RS Clio is bascially the French Type R, I used the VTiR setup and found a MASSIVE improvement in handling. When I get the cash to do up teh Type R I'll let you know how similar they feel. It might just be ANOTHER car to add to your list of "cars that like the VTiR tune :) . Or at worst it's a very good base to fine tune the RS Clio's characteristics.

Loving the services you're offering and keep up the good work.

Red.

Even if it isn't, I guess it answers your question anyway. :P

Was it this post?

Even if it isn't, I guess it answers your question anyway. :P
I guess it must have been but I didn't think it was a Clio that was mentioned!! Then again, had it not been, I probably wouldn't have had the sense to realise that it if it works on the Civic and another hatchback then it might work on a Clio too :lol:

Finally a CR-Z tune, Roj! I have been waiting for a while now for your appreciation on this car. Actually, it will be my 5th CR-Z, I just love this car, I have a black one for the seasonal event with a specific setup, a white one that was my starting car fully maxed out and untuned, another white one completely stock for photomode, a black one fully modded with aero parts and a setup of my own and finally this one, I'll paint it orange.

Finally a CR-Z tune, Roj! I have been waiting for a while now for your appreciation on this car. Actually, it will be my 5th CR-Z, I just love this car, I have a black one for the seasonal event with a specific setup, a white one that was my starting car fully maxed out and untuned, another white one completely stock for photomode, a black one fully modded with aero parts and a setup of my own and finally this one, I'll paint it orange.

Hell yeah man, I've been waiting for a CR-Z tune from RKM as well. I can't wait to try this out.

I first must thank RKM for putting the time into tuning these cars. I have used quite a few and never let down by them. I want to give my input on the latest tune that I have used by RKM.

The CR-Z type Rkm that is.

I went a little overboard by added the stage 2 turbo for it because it was going to be racing in the Grand Valley enduro. Being the first time I was racing the event, I wanted to make sure power wasn't an issue. The car handles great off the launch, a little throttle manipulation is needed or finesse if you may. It is a lot quicker then I was expecting to tell the truth.

Corner -
Low speed corners > the turn in is responsive and accurate, but I feel it can be tuned to go even faster. By mid corner it handles like a dream especially if you can nail the amount of throttle. Change lines is also very good in case you need to make a correction. By corner exit make sure you have your line nailed and it hauls off of it extremely quickly.
Mid speed corners > this is where the car is at home, the turn in is accurate, with slight understeer if you get throttle happy or miss your braking point release. It happily gets around the corner, but needs a lot of finesse if the line needs to be changed. The exit is where it shines, pulls hard out of it and with good steering control you are ready for the next straight with no problem.
High speed corners > stability is what is amazing about the tune. From entry to exit the car is completely stable. Just as long as you don't need to cut to the inside you are fine. You scrub off too much speed if you need to make a tighter turn or if you are in a decreasing radius turn (I think I have that right I don't believe it is increasing).

If you are looking for a stable car this is the tune for it. All in all I give this tune a strong b+ to a-. I feel the car can have more understeer tuned out of it whether you need to jack up the rear spring rate and also the rear stabilizer. I think you can generate even more speed through the entry of a corner with more weight moving towards the front at entry. However, I am unsure if it would compromise the mid corner handling that it has. Only if it improves the mid corner handling would I suggest making more changes to this setup. If it is possible to get rid of the high speed understeer if needing to cut inside this car would have almost no flaws at all.

Excellent job RKM, I mist say this car is a true winner and the talent used to tune it was superb. Thanks guys :-)

p.s. I would love for sometime in the future to see a tune for the Spoon S2000, Mitsubishi evolution vi gsr t.m. and a 86 mr2 supercharged or not. I understand that these take time and with being busy it is tough to get these tunes out. Just something in the future I would love to see. I have two more reviews but need to jump back in the two cars to remember their feeling. They will be up by the end of the week.

Last edited:
My review of the CR-Z tune

I was actually glad when I saw this tune posted up so I was really looking forward to getting home and trying as I personally love racing online with the CR-Z and Prius just cuz they're so underestimated.

Anyways I tried the tune on both my stock CR-Z (bought the parts on the list) that I had lying around from the seasonal challenge. I also tried it on the Spoon CR-Z

Immediately I ran into one glaring problem: The Spoon CR-Z has no downforce. So I knew right off the top of my head this tune would not work for that car. But I should also note that the Spoon CR-Z was able to get 245 HP and weighed in at 1007kg. Compared to the normal CR-Z at 205hp and 956kg.

So now to the review, seeing as how I knew the tune wouldn't work on the Spoon CR-Z i decided to use that car as a pace marker just to see what the difference is, and to see what the regular CR-Z can do properly tuned with a 40hp disadvantage (which is a lot when you only have 200hp)

I do my testing on Grand Valley Speedway. Two main reasons. One, I'm very comfortable on this track. Two, it has a nice mix of low and high speed corners without favoring high HP cars.

Spoon CR-Z
I had a huge problem with going into low speed turns from high speed.
This car just could not turn while braking. If I had my foot on the brake at all, it just understeers. The front tires will get red hot pretty easily.
But one thing I did notice is mid turn, once I got the car aimed in the direction I needed it to go, there was absolutely no understeer during acceleration.
First couple laps I played around with just how hard I could press the gas on corner exit, sure enough I was able to go wide open throttle on most turns and the car just simply stuck to the line.
I think with a bit of minor tweaking to fix the problem with turn-in understeer this tune could prove to work quite well for the car.

I managed to pull off a 2:09.264, and I'm sure the spoon car is quite capable of doing a 2:08.xxx with this setup. and much faster properly tuned.

Overall I was impressed with how well this car can grip on corner exit, I just had to change my driving style to make sure I was fully braking before turning in.

Honda CR-Z

First lap: OMG I could not believe these two were based off the same car.
Despite the fact that the standard CR-Z had a 40hp disadvantage, I was already able to pull off a 2:10.643. And this was before I even got used to the car.

One glaring difference I noticed right away was the tires didn't get red hot on turn-in, and on corner exit they barely got pink. Where as the spoon car got red hot on turn in and a dark pink on some corner exits (though still no signs of understeer).

The Honda CR-Z just had so much more grip. I was able to take most (if not all) turns much faster right off the bat.

After running a few laps and fixing my braking points I was able to manage a 2:09.764. Only .5 seconds off the spoon car with 20% more HP.

The car would tuck back in quite nicely mid-corner if you let off the throttle just a bit which was very nice indeed.
On high speed cornering however I did notice a bit of understeer, I mainly noticed this on turn 5 (the left hander before the tight hairpin).

Overall: I'm extremely impressed at what this little car can do. The handling is amazing, it barely feels like an FF car. The car turns in quite nicely on low speed and high speed corners and was very stable throughout the turn.
The only complaint I have (and this is really just being nitpicky) is the slight understeer on high speed cornering.
I am curious to see how this fares on a track such as Laguna Seca. I'll have to try that out and get back to you.

Both these tests were turned with all aids off except ABS set to 1. Skid Recovery Force was off.

And now, if you don't mind me asking for a tune :dopey:
Would you mind doing an 06 S2000 with a 305 hp limit (no weight limit). I can provide the car if you need, with all removable tuning parts so you can pick and choose which upgrade is best for the 305hp.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit

Laguna Seca Test
Only tested the Honda CR-Z on this track just to see how bad the high speed understeer was.

I had some trouble with the first two corners. I had to brake quite early (I believe it was the 2nd braking marker) just so that I could line it up properly to get the apex of the 2nd turn. Feathering the throttle helped keep the car in line but the understeer was definitely there.

Once I got past the first two turns the rest of the track was quite manageable.

I also noticed quite a bit of understeer on the two left hand turns after the corkscrew. I actually ended up on the dirt on that turn more times than I'd like to admit (though oddly enough they didn't DQ my lap for any of them).

I was actually surprised at how well the car took the corkscrew and the final turn.
I thought for sure those would be trouble, but no, the car handled those fantastically.
And the high speed left turn before the corkscrew was fairly easy to manage. in fact I think if there was any understeer, it helped me take that turn faster.

After a 20 lap run my best lap was 1:39.241.
I'm not too perfectly comfortable on this track though so I 'm sure there are plenty of people who can shave off a second or two off of that.

So in conclusion, understeer rears it's head out on this car on high speed long sweeping turns.

Last edited:
I used the NSX-R tune, and WOW. I don't think I've ever used a car that handles like this. It is amazing. It controls perfectly, has great acceleration, turns fantastic, and is just flat out amazing.

Thank you for that tune. It's amazing. Keep up the awesome work. 👍

I first must thank RKM for putting the time into tuning these cars. I have used quite a few and never let down by them. I want to give my input on the latest tune that I have used by RKM.

The CR-Z type Rkm that is.

I went a little overboard by added the stage 2 turbo for it because it was going to be racing in the Grand Valley enduro. Being the first time I was racing the event, I wanted to make sure power wasn't an issue. The car handles great off the launch, a little throttle manipulation is needed or finesse if you may. It is a lot quicker then I was expecting to tell the truth.

Corner -
Low speed corners > the turn in is responsive and accurate, but I feel it can be tuned to go even faster. By mid corner it handles like a dream especially if you can nail the amount of throttle. Change lines is also very good in case you need to make a correction. By corner exit make sure you have your line nailed and it hauls off of it extremely quickly.
Mid speed corners > this is where the car is at home, the turn in is accurate, with slight understeer if you get throttle happy or miss your braking point release. It happily gets around the corner, but needs a lot of finesse if the line needs to be changed. The exit is where it shines, pulls hard out of it and with good steering control you are ready for the next straight with no problem.
High speed corners > stability is what is amazing about the tune. From entry to exit the car is completely stable. Just as long as you don't need to cut to the inside you are fine. You scrub off too much speed if you need to make a tighter turn or if you are in a decreasing radius turn (I think I have that right I don't believe it is increasing).

If you are looking for a stable car this is the tune for it. All in all I give this tune a strong b+ to a-. I feel the car can have more understeer tuned out of it whether you need to jack up the rear spring rate and also the rear stabilizer. I think you can generate even more speed through the entry of a corner with more weight moving towards the front at entry. However, I am unsure if it would compromise the mid corner handling that it has. Only if it improves the mid corner handling would I suggest making more changes to this setup. If it is possible to get rid of the high speed understeer if needing to cut inside this car would have almost no flaws at all.

Excellent job RKM, I mist say this car is a true winner and the talent used to tune it was superb. Thanks guys :-)

p.s. I would love for sometime in the future to see a tune for the Spoon S2000, Mitsubishi evolution vi gsr t.m. and a 86 mr2 supercharged or not. I understand that these take time and with being busy it is tough to get these tunes out. Just something in the future I would love to see. I have two more reviews but need to jump back in the two cars to remember their feeling. They will be up by the end of the week.

Thanks for the review! Even though you've added a stage 2 turbo, the tune is still behaving properly so I'm glad the extra power isn't a problem for it. Whilst I can blame some of the understeer on the FF chassis, I will see if I can sort the low and high speed cornering without affecting it's mid-speed capabilities. 👍

As for the tunes, I've got an S2000 request below, so if those settings work for the Spoon, then that'll be a sweet 2-in-1. :D

My review of the CR-Z tune

I was actually glad when I saw this tune posted up so I was really looking forward to getting home and trying as I personally love racing online with the CR-Z and Prius just cuz they're so underestimated.

Anyways I tried the tune on both my stock CR-Z (bought the parts on the list) that I had lying around from the seasonal challenge. I also tried it on the Spoon CR-Z

Immediately I ran into one glaring problem: The Spoon CR-Z has no downforce. So I knew right off the top of my head this tune would not work for that car. But I should also note that the Spoon CR-Z was able to get 245 HP and weighed in at 1007kg. Compared to the normal CR-Z at 205hp and 956kg.
I can see by your enormous review that you love racing the CR-Z. :P I'll have to break it down into little quotes so I can answer each bit easier. :lol:

Didn't know the Spoon has no downforce, I would've thought it had at least a little bit.
So now to the review, seeing as how I knew the tune wouldn't work on the Spoon CR-Z i decided to use that car as a pace marker just to see what the difference is, and to see what the regular CR-Z can do properly tuned with a 40hp disadvantage (which is a lot when you only have 200hp)

I do my testing on Grand Valley Speedway. Two main reasons. One, I'm very comfortable on this track. Two, it has a nice mix of low and high speed corners without favoring high HP cars.

Spoon CR-Z
I had a huge problem with going into low speed turns from high speed.
This car just could not turn while braking. If I had my foot on the brake at all, it just understeers. The front tires will get red hot pretty easily.
But one thing I did notice is mid turn, once I got the car aimed in the direction I needed it to go, there was absolutely no understeer during acceleration.
First couple laps I played around with just how hard I could press the gas on corner exit, sure enough I was able to go wide open throttle on most turns and the car just simply stuck to the line.
I think with a bit of minor tweaking to fix the problem with turn-in understeer this tune could prove to work quite well for the car.

I managed to pull off a 2:09.264, and I'm sure the spoon car is quite capable of doing a 2:08.xxx with this setup. and much faster properly tuned.

Overall I was impressed with how well this car can grip on corner exit, I just had to change my driving style to make sure I was fully braking before turning in.
I'm guessing the lack of weight over the front wheels is what's hurting the turn-in. That and the lack of downforce. A few tweaks would make the setup more Spoon-friendly quite easily I think. :D
Honda CR-Z

First lap: OMG I could not believe these two were based off the same car.
Despite the fact that the standard CR-Z had a 40hp disadvantage, I was already able to pull off a 2:10.643. And this was before I even got used to the car.

One glaring difference I noticed right away was the tires didn't get red hot on turn-in, and on corner exit they barely got pink. Where as the spoon car got red hot on turn in and a dark pink on some corner exits (though still no signs of understeer).

The Honda CR-Z just had so much more grip. I was able to take most (if not all) turns much faster right off the bat.

After running a few laps and fixing my braking points I was able to manage a 2:09.764. Only .5 seconds off the spoon car with 20% more HP.

The car would tuck back in quite nicely mid-corner if you let off the throttle just a bit which was very nice indeed.
On high speed cornering however I did notice a bit of understeer, I mainly noticed this on turn 5 (the left hander before the tight hairpin).

Overall: I'm extremely impressed at what this little car can do. The handling is amazing, it barely feels like an FF car. The car turns in quite nicely on low speed and high speed corners and was very stable throughout the turn.
The only complaint I have (and this is really just being nitpicky) is the slight understeer on high speed cornering.
I am curious to see how this fares on a track such as Laguna Seca. I'll have to try that out and get back to you.

Both these tests were turned with all aids off except ABS set to 1. Skid Recovery Force was off.
Seems high speed understeer is a common problem, with or without extra power added on top of what I originally used. Although it doesn't seem to be a large amount of understeer either way. Still something I will look at. 👍
And now, if you don't mind me asking for a tune :dopey:
Would you mind doing an 06 S2000 with a 305 hp limit (no weight limit). I can provide the car if you need, with all removable tuning parts so you can pick and choose which upgrade is best for the 305hp.
I don't mind at all! You don't have to send a car over, I'm looking at buying an S2000 anyway. I'll see what I can do. 👍

Edit

Laguna Seca Test
Only tested the Honda CR-Z on this track just to see how bad the high speed understeer was.

I had some trouble with the first two corners. I had to brake quite early (I believe it was the 2nd braking marker) just so that I could line it up properly to get the apex of the 2nd turn. Feathering the throttle helped keep the car in line but the understeer was definitely there.

Once I got past the first two turns the rest of the track was quite manageable.

I also noticed quite a bit of understeer on the two left hand turns after the corkscrew. I actually ended up on the dirt on that turn more times than I'd like to admit (though oddly enough they didn't DQ my lap for any of them).

I was actually surprised at how well the car took the corkscrew and the final turn.
I thought for sure those would be trouble, but no, the car handled those fantastically.
And the high speed left turn before the corkscrew was fairly easy to manage. in fact I think if there was any understeer, it helped me take that turn faster.

After a 20 lap run my best lap was 1:39.241.
I'm not too perfectly comfortable on this track though so I 'm sure there are plenty of people who can shave off a second or two off of that.

So in conclusion, understeer rears it's head out on this car on high speed long sweeping turns.
Thanks for the additional test! I see that the understeer is more noticable at Laguna, but Laguna is quite demanding as it is, so it's to be expected.

Anyway thanks for the huge review and for taking the extra time to test the Spoon CR-Z against the Honda. :D:tup:
I used the NSX-R tune, and WOW. I don't think I've ever used a car that handles like this. It is amazing. It controls perfectly, has great acceleration, turns fantastic, and is just flat out amazing.

Thank you for that tune. It's amazing. Keep up the awesome work. 👍
Glad you liked it! :D

Just to add to the CR-V review, I lowered the rear downforce to 15 and found it was a lot happier going from ugh speed into a tight corner. I think if it gets lowered a little more it would turn even better but at a lost of stability going into the corner.

Just done the Chevrolet and am using it in B-Spec at the minute. Currently got the transmission set to a max speed of 217mph.

0-60 in 5.5-6 seconds? :confused:

Not used the car myself yet but based on B-Spec it seems to be very slow?

If this is THE car for Like The Wind then I must have got something wrong in the setup. I'll check it when I've done this PD Cup grind. I keep having to tell my driver to increase the pace cause the other cars are catching him. I put him in the Corvette cause I thought he would win at a canter without me having to instruct him.

EDIT - Just attempted Like The Wind Indy in it and could only manage a 7th and then a 5th.

And now I've just done a time trial at Grand Valley Speedway and I've gone 9 seconds quicker in my Toyota 7!!!

I must have got something wrong in the setup of this Corvette. Gonna have to check it.

I've now tried using it without vodka inside me and knocked about 1.5 seconds off it's GVS time. Switched the brake balance round and knocked a further 2 seconds off. Much better!!!

Last edited:
Willing to provide you guys some cars for tunes. I'll just be duping them so no big deal. We need more tunes from you guys.

Here's a list of the cars I have. Not the best garage, but what can you do.

Premium:

Red Bull S. Vettel
Red Bull X2010 (orange)
Red Bull X2010 (Pink)
Red Bull X2010 (Dark Grey)
Red Bull X2010 (Red)
Red Bull X2010 (Prototype)

Audi RS 6 Avant '08
BMW M5 '08
Corvette ZR1 '09 RM
Daihatsu OFC-1 Concept '07
Dodge Challenger SRT8 '08
Dodge Challenger R/T RM '70
Ferrari F2007
Ferrari Enzo '02
Honda NSX Type R '02
Honda Civic Type R '97
Isuzu 4200R Concept '89
Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08
Lexus IS F Racing Concept '08
Mazda RX-7 (FC)
Mazda 787B Race Car '91
Mazda Eunos Roadster J-Limited (NA) '91
Nissan 370Z Tuned Car (GT Academy Version) '08 in Chrome Paint
Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08
Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V・spec II Nür (R34) '02
Nissan GT-R Spec V (GT Academy Version) '09
Gran Turismo 350Z RS
Toyota FT-86 Concept '09
Volkswagen Kubelwagen

Standard

Race Cars:

Pescarolo Sport Pescarolo C60 Hybride - Judd Race car '05
Formula Gran Turismo (Orange)
Formula Gran Turismo (Yellow and Green)
Jaguar XJR-9 LM Race Car '88
BMW V12 LMR Race Car '99
Toyota MINOLTA Toyota 88C-V Race Car '89
Bentley Speed 8 Race Car '03
Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR Race Car '98
Mercedes-Benz Sauber Mercedes C9 Race Car '89
Toyota Toyota 7 Race Car '70
Lamborghini NOMAD Diablo GT-1 (JGTC) '00
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C2) Race Car '63
Ford GT40 Race Car '69
Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Race Car
Honda TAKATA DOME NSX (JGTC) '03
Honda MUGEN MOTUL CIVIC Si Race Car '87
Honda S2000 LM Race Car
Toyota Castrol TOM'S SUPRA (JGTC) '97

Other Notable Cars:

Cadillac CIEN Concept '02
Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04
RUF 3400S '00
RUF BTR '86
RUF CTR2 '96
RUF CTR "Yellow Bird" '87
RUF RGT '00
Audi Le Mans quattro '03
Mine's BNR34 SKYLINE GT-R V・spec N1 base '00
Amuse Carbon R (R34) '04
Buick Special '62 (SEMA Gran Turismo Awards 2003)
Cizeta V16T '94
HPA Motorsports Stage II R32 (SEMA Gran Turismo Awards 2004)
Chevrolet Silverado SST Concept '02
NISMO Skyline GT-R R-tune (R34) '99
Nissan GT-R Concept (Tokyo Motor Show 2001) '01
Mazda BP FALKEN RX-7 (D1GP) '03
Dodge Charger Super Bee 426 Hemi '71
Dodge RAM 1500 LARAMIE Hemi Quad Cab '04
Plymouth Superbird '70
Plymouth Cuda 440 Six Pack '71
Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R '00
Ford SVT F-150 Lightning '03
BMW M3 GTR '03
BMW M3 CSL '03