RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

Just to add to the CR-V review, I lowered the rear downforce to 15 and found it was a lot happier going from ugh speed into a tight corner. I think if it gets lowered a little more it would turn even better but at a lost of stability going into the corner.
I'll have to try this out once I get to tweaking the CR-Z again. 👍
need a power house amuse turbo s2000 tune in here!
There's a normal S2000 on it's way. The settings may work on the Amuse Turbo. 👍
Willing to provide you guys some cars for tunes. I'll just be duping them so no big deal. We need more tunes from you guys.

Here's a list of the cars I have. Not the best garage, but what can you do.

Ferrari Enzo '02
Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08
Nissan 370Z Tuned Car (GT Academy Version) '08 in Chrome Paint
Well that's very kind of you! I don't want to take advantage too badly so I've just picked out 3 (in the quote above). Seeing as I'm in the UK, I'm not sure if I can even recieve the 370Z, since I can't obtain it in-game myself. I just miss that thing from the TT demo. :D

Thanks alot!

Went for Rotary Junkie's tune of the LP560-4 and am a very satisfied customer :) breezed the Gallardo event, went for a little more weight reduction and a different wing :sly: but very impressed with the results. The car feels very intuitive but not over-responsive and I like it how the nose dives under heavy breaking :) Not braking in a straight line does sometimes cause the back to skip out a bit but nothing too serious - I read it's a problem with the Murcielago too? Thanks for the time and effort on your part! 👍

Willing to provide you guys some cars for tunes. I'll just be duping them so no big deal. We need more tunes from you guys.

RUF CTR "Yellow Bird" '87
RUF RGT '00
Mercury Cougar XR-7 '67

Reduced the list to the three I'd be most interested in... I hope the Cougar doesn't disappoint me like the GT350 did but I've got a suspicion it may.

Edit: @Goffin: Good to hear it worked out; honestly a stock Gallardo can breeze the Gallardo event but this thing as it is will do the GTWC on sports tires so... :D

@Rotary Junkie

I maxed out a Mercury Cougar XR-7 '67 at the beginning of my A-spec career. It was a huge disappointment, but the GT350 is still one of my biggest disappointments so far too! :crazy:

That M5 tune is so much fun to drive. Also loved the RX-7 and Z06 RM tune also.

Thanks.

@Rotary Junkie

I maxed out a Mercury Cougar XR-7 '67 at the beginning of my A-spec career. It was a huge disappointment, but the GT350 is still one of my biggest disappointments so far too! :crazy:

Aye, the GT350 isn't actually a bad handling car with the right setup but then it is. What I mean by this is while it feels well balanced, it seems to have the grip of a tire level lower than equipped (S3s feel like C3s, R3s feel like S3s). The Cougar was much the same way in GT4 but not quite to the same extent.

And thats why it`s not worth to struggle and waste time with that car from my perspective. Especially with plenty of superior alternatives!

The GT350 is like a ice cube on a frozen lake... touch the steering wheel while braking - you are dead, touch the throttle while steering - you are dead!

It has no mid engine, it weights only 1055kg and is still garbage with racing soft slicks!
Somehow this car feels bugged, although most of us bought this legendary car immediately when it showed up at used car dealership it`s not worth to drive! Sad but true...

RKM Motorsport’s Volvo C30RS – R35 WUT

VolvoC30RS.jpg

VolvoC30RS_Big.jpg

Based on: 2009 Volvo C30 R-Design
Obtained: New Car Dealer

Drivetrain: FF
Horsepower: 420 BHP (@ 139.8 miles)
Torque:---- 315 ft-lb
Weight:---- 1196 kg

PARTS
GT Auto

Prodrive GC-010G wheels
Front Aero Type B
Rear Aero Type A
Rear Wing Type A
Oil Change

Tuning Shop
Stage 3 Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Carbon Fiber Hood
Engine Tuning Stage 2
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Header
Sports Catalytic Converter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Mid-RPM Turbo Kit
FC Gearbox
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
FC Suspension
Sports Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 0/13

Transmission
Transmission

1st:-- 5.072
2nd:-- 3.376
3rd:-- 2.448
4th:-- 1.863
5th:-- 1.488
6th:-- 1.248
Final: 2.269
Max Speed: 205

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 7/x
Accel:-- 50/x
Braking: 30/x

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -20/-13
Spring Rate: 10.3/2.8
Extension:-- 3/9
Compression: 7/7
Anti-Roll:-- 1/6
Camber:----- 2.6/1.9
Toe:-------- 0.00/-0.25

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 4/9

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
R35 WUT? That is this car's motto; it was initially just my vision of what Volvo should be offering as a C30R plus a bit... Then it turned out lap times that put fear into some of the best RWD cars and beat not just the original R35 but the R35 V-Spec's records at the Ring with a few very noticeable mistakes due to driver fatigue and lack of skill; sub-7:20 should be very possible in the right hands.

My explanation? My first thoughts when the C30 came out were “What? No proper C30R? 300HP in a small hatch like that would be infinitely epic... And nobody would expect it from Volvo. C30RS... Less weight (by a lot), more power (by a lot), more handling (by a lot), and less comforts (by a lot). Perfect.

Last edited:
RKM Motorsport’s Green Meanie

GreenMeanie.jpg

GreenMeanie_Big.jpg

Based on: 2007 Nissan Skyline 370GT Type SP

Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 421 BHP (@ 120.0 miles)
Weight:---- 1346 kg

PARTS
GT Auto

Motegi Racing TOUGE wheels
Front Aero Type A
Rear Wing Type B

Tuning Shop
Stage 3 Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Lightweight Windows
Carbon Fiber Hood
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Header
Sports Catalytic Converter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
FC Gearbox
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
FC LSD
FC Suspension
Sports Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 0/20

Transmission
Transmission

1st:-- 3.625
2nd:-- 2.398
3rd:-- 1.733
4th:-- 1.315
5th:-- 1.047
6th:-- 0.876
Final: 3.692
Max Speed: 211

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: x/7
Accel:-- x/23
Braking: x/9

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 10.0/8.7
Extension:-- 6/7
Compression: 5/6
Anti-Roll:-- 1/4
Camber:----- 2.5/1.7
Toe:-------- -0.05/-0.05

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/9

Intended Driving Options

Tuner Comments:
Rumor has it that this car was owned by a good friend of the “KM” in RKM... And that it was initially tuned by him, with input from said KM.

The car was then given to him to give a glance over and see what could be found wrong with it; the answer is, not too much. The differential settings were goofed up on and the car had a bit of off-throttle understeer due to needing changes to the dampers but that was about it.

Ladies and gentlemen... This is what NTwo could do if he tried. Make him.

Last edited:
Oh yes, Volvo C30 👍

370 looks neat aswell and that colour green looks great.

Styling rights on the 370GT go to NTwo (you may or may not have seen a review of Roj's NSX-R by him earlier in the thread). The color is Sub-Lime (written as Sublime) off the 1970 Challenger.

The C30 is the absolute quickest FWD I've tuned as yet and I've got my doubts as to whether it can be topped without a DC5 RM, and perhaps even that may be slower.

Damn, I don't have that colour. Might have to buy the Challenger just to get it!!!!

I love the C30, if I could afford it I'd buy one (in real life!!). Either that or a Citroën DS3, which I'm very disappointed isn't in the game.

Hello,

I think the Volvo weight is wrong, I am applaying your settings and I have 1196 Kg but perhaps it is my fault.

Thank you!

Just doing the RX-7 to take part in the Seasonal Event. Does it need Rigidity Improvement? It isn't mentioned in your post but I always put it on my cars to improve the handling?

Also, no exhaust?

Last edited:
Just doing the RX-7 to take part in the Seasonal Event. Does it need Rigidity Improvement? It isn't mentioned in your post but I always put it on my cars to improve the handling?

If it's not listed, I didn't use it. It will either help the car or cripple it, no idea which. Would recommend not using it.

Did you seriously get that much power from the Skyline 370GT with just those mods? I tuned a Skyline Sedan today and before run-in only had 455hp with EVERYTHING. I then ended up using a Sports Exhaust for sound which gave 434hp. There's no forced induction available for it though. I also regret to report that just like the Evo X's weaving on straights bug, the Skyline Sedan premium model's bug from Prologue is still there too, in that the steering is completely dead off-centre. You have to turn the wheel a fair ways before anything happens. This is with 900-degree steering though.

Did you seriously get that much power from the Skyline 370GT with just those mods? I tuned a Skyline Sedan today and before run-in only had 455hp with EVERYTHING. I then ended up using a Sports Exhaust for sound which gave 434hp. There's no forced induction available for it though. I also regret to report that just like the Evo X's weaving on straights bug, the Skyline Sedan premium model's bug from Prologue is still there too, in that the steering is completely dead off-centre. You have to turn the wheel a fair ways before anything happens. This is with 900-degree steering though.

Yep. Apparently it only makes another 30-40hp from being fully modded though.

Also, the EvoX's "weaving" isn't entirely a bug, it's the active yaw control being a bit hypersensitive, yes, but it's got a very valid explanation.

Edit: @GavBlade: Nope, not for the power specs listed.

Excellent work on the 370GT! I've had one sitting in my garage waiting for a solid tune. Any chance you guys might consider working your magic on the '06 Infiniti G35 Coupe anytime in the future? I haven't noticed any tunes for that car yet, surprisingly. Once again, nice work.

The suspension for the rear of the 370 says -125 ;)

Will switching the brake balance round make any significant difference?

Excellent work on the 370GT! I've had one sitting in my garage waiting for a solid tune. Any chance you guys might consider working your magic on the '06 Infiniti G35 Coupe anytime in the future? I haven't noticed any tunes for that car yet, surprisingly. Once again, nice work.

The G37 should share enough that the G35 coupe ought to work the same. That said, I get the feeling you haven't even driven it as you didn't point out the typo ;)

The suspension for the rear of the 370 says -125 ;)

Will switching the brake balance round make any significant difference?

Whoops again. I hate screwing up releases. Should be fixed now.

As for the brakes... How do you mean?

The G37 should share enough that the G35 coupe ought to work the same. That said, I get the feeling you haven't even driven it as you didn't point out the typo ;)

You mean with the ride height? I caught it but just assumed off the bat that you meant -25/-25. I'll plug this tune into the G35 too and see how it works.

Whoops again. I hate screwing up releases. Should be fixed now.

As for the brakes... How do you mean?
Switching the brake bias so that its 9 at the front and 5 at the rear instead of 5 at the front and 9 at the rear. Isn't the rear more likely to kick out if the brake bias is more to the rear?

What I know about all this tuning lark could be written on the back of a stamp so you'll have to excuse me!!

You mean with the ride height? I caught it but just assumed off the bat that you meant -25/-25. I'll plug this tune into the G35 too and see how it works.

Let me know the results.

Switching the brake bias so that its 9 at the front and 5 at the rear instead of 5 at the front and 9 at the rear. Isn't the rear more likely to kick out if the brake bias is more to the rear?

What I know about all this tuning lark could be written on the back of a stamp so you'll have to excuse me!!

Yes, the rear is more likely to "kick out" with high rear bias settings... But with ABS on 1, I've found that there is fairly rarely too much rear brake pressure and somewhat often a bit too much front brake pressure (or close to the most that can be safely run). The 5/9 setting helps immeasurably with turn-in so long as ABS is on (with it off, I find that a heavier front bias is much more controllable for fairly obvious reasons).

Long time no see guys!

Have you guys got any plans on tuning the Peugeot 908 HDI?

I'm gonna be using it for this Le Mans championship and i want the car to be more responsive. Next track is Suzuka and i dont think the 908 is nimble enough to handle all them corners.

I can gift you the car if you can sent it back before this weekend.

RKM Motorsport’s Green Meanie

Based on: 2007 Nissan Skyline 370GT Type SP

Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 421 BHP (@ 120.0 miles)
Weight:---- 1346 kg

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 0/20

Transmission
Transmission

1st:-- 3.625
2nd:-- 2.398
3rd:-- 1.733
4th:-- 1.315
5th:-- 1.047
6th:-- 0.876
Final: 3.692
Max Speed: 211

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: x/7
Accel:-- x/23
Braking: x/9

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 10.0/8.7
Extension:-- 6/7
Compression: 5/6
Anti-Roll:-- 1/4
Camber:----- 2.5/1.7
Toe:-------- -0.05/-0.05

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/9

Intended Driving Options

As requested by Rotary Junkie I've decided to pit Avid vs RKM in regards to the Nissan Skyline Coupe 370GT Type SP '07.
Both cars were tested with Sports: Soft Tires as well as a Top Speed of 180mph.
Side by side comparison here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=159188#post4539859

Test Track: Laguna Seca
Best Lap: 1:32.464

Corner Entry: Good turn in, but unfortunately this car doesn't want to stop. Thinking about it, this is probably because of the tires and I'm so use to using Racing Softs universally. The higher brake balance here helped a little bit, but the car is still very resistant to rotation when on the brakes.

Center of the turn is an upgrade from Avid's tune as written, but still lacks the amount of turn I enjoy. I'm almost inclined to say the only reason the center is better, is because the entry gave me a better angle, so I feel the center is still suffering from understeer.

Corner exit: More understeer. Getting on the gas too soon forces the car to the grass. Put too much into the wheel and try to throttle the car out of the turn and you'll see the back end snap enough to get you out of wack, and send you all the way around if done so without concern.

Overall, the car was consistent and a bit faster in it's written form than the Avid Tune. In the 5 lap stretch I ran 2 .4's and 2 .6's. The car feels sluggish in acceleration, braking as well as handling properties.

Last edited:
Back