RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

Hey guys I just gotta say I love your work. You guys are my favorite tuners. Even if there is something I don't like in particular with one of your tunes all it takes is a small adjustment to suit my driving style. keep up the good work!

I want to point out to you guys and other members that you the settings for the RM '01 gti golf transfer beautifully to the '05. I mean it is the best handling FF I have and has become my favorite FF car hands down and I am not even a VW fan, I prefer Hondas. It really is a beast. So much grip in the corners little to no understeer, you point it where you want it and it goes. really fun little car!

keep up the good work dudes!

Hey guys I just gotta say I love your work. You guys are my favorite tuners. Even if there is something I don't like in particular with one of your tunes all it takes is a small adjustment to suit my driving style. keep up the good work!

I want to point out to you guys and other members that you the settings for the RM '01 gti golf transfer beautifully to the '05. I mean it is the best handling FF I have and has become my favorite FF car hands down and I am not even a VW fan, I prefer Hondas. It really is a beast. So much grip in the corners little to no understeer, you point it where you want it and it goes. really fun little car!

Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't think they'd be very transferrable as the RM Golf is tuned with downforce in mind, so this is a suprise. :)👍

Have you driven the Civic Type R Turbo we have? I like it better than the Golf and it should become your new favourite FF! Can't let VW get one over on Honda now, can we? :P

That's good to hear, is that on a fully tuned GTI? I bough the Mk IV Golf and used the RKM tune with the intention of using it in the seasonal event, only to discover it wasn't allowed so I had to get a Mk V Golf instead!

Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't think they'd be very transferrable as the RM Golf is tuned with downforce in mind, so this is a suprise. :)👍

Have you driven the Civic Type R Turbo we have? I like it better than the Golf and it should become your new favourite FF! Can't let VW get one over on Honda now, can we? :P

I haven't yet but I bought one yesterday and did some mods to it. I'm gonna try the setup soon for sure. As far as being a Honda head is concerned that will never change! vtec till i die!👍

That's good to hear, is that on a fully tuned GTI? I bough the Mk IV Golf and used the RKM tune with the intention of using it in the seasonal event, only to discover it wasn't allowed so I had to get a Mk V Golf instead!

Its not fully modded. I think it has everything on it except all the power upgrades. It has about 340hp and 360 plus pound feet of torque? don't quite remember.

I just used the Juliet tune on my Lotus 111R and it is amazing. i annihilated the competition in seasonal race 3 on Nur gpf by 1 full minute over five laps. Turn in is hard with only trace amounts of oversteer at the farthest limit. the grip is insane through medium speed sweepers and im still getting used to how much grip this thing actually has. Great tune and keep up the good work. I'd like to see a tune on max power, but im not sure it has enough downforce to keep it in check.

I just used the Juliet tune on my Lotus 111R and it is amazing. i annihilated the competition in seasonal race 3 on Nur gpf by 1 full minute over five laps. Turn in is hard with only trace amounts of oversteer at the farthest limit. the grip is insane through medium speed sweepers and im still getting used to how much grip this thing actually has. Great tune and keep up the good work. I'd like to see a tune on max power, but im not sure it has enough downforce to keep it in check.

Thank you! Well that's why we made Romeo. Although Romeo can't enter the Elise seasonal. :ouch: If the non-RM Elise had more downforce, max power wouldn't be a problem, but because it doesn't, I think the extra power would unbalance the whole thing and cause some unwanted sliding. It's a very light car with skinny tyres, so they're easily overpowered.

Thank you! Well that's why we made Romeo. Although Romeo can't enter the Elise seasonal. :ouch: If the non-RM Elise had more downforce, max power wouldn't be a problem, but because it doesn't, I think the extra power would unbalance the whole thing and cause some unwanted sliding. It's a very light car with skinny tyres, so they're easily overpowered.

yeah i agree totally. i built Romeo too. lol.

RKM Motorsport’s Challenger GTS

ChallengerGTS.jpg

ChallengerGTS_Big.jpg

Based on: Dodge Challenger SRT8 ‘08
Obtained: Brand new from Dodge or win the A-Spec Muscle Car Championship

Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 722 BHP (@ 90.8 miles)
Torque:---- 89 kgfm
Weight:---- 1412 kg
PP:-------- 605

PARTS
GT Auto

PDI P525N Wheels
Type A Front Aero
Type A Wing

Tuning Shop
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Improvement
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Semi-Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Supercharger
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 0/20

Ballast
Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Max Speed, then each individual ratio.)
1st:-- 3.307
2nd:-- 2.191
3rd:-- 1.606
4th:-- 1.255
5th:-- 1.015
6th:-- 0.834
Final: 3.098
Max Speed: 242 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 0/18
Accel:-- 0/25
Braking: 0/5

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 12.4/6.0
Extension:-- 7/7
Compression: 5/5
Anti-Roll:-- 3/5
Camber:----- 2.5/2.2
Toe:-------- -0.20/0.00

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 7/8

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
A Challenger appears!

24th Feb 2011 - Transmission & ballast/power settings.
19th Oct 2011 - Spec II adjustments.

Last edited:
Obtained: Brand new from Mazda or win the A-Spec Muscle Car Championship

Mazda on the brain?

Nope, I bought it from the Mazda dealer. It was apparently a trade-in so I got a nice deal on that Challenger. :D

Bought a Challenger the other day for the Seasonal Event. Its already a decent car when max tuned, can't wait to apply your setup to it 👍

Mines got the Racing Exhaust on it though, does it make any difference?

Last edited:
Thought thats all it was. I experimented though with the Ford GT and tried all the exhausts but I couldn't tell any real difference at all in the sound?

There's a bit of a glitch with exhausts; for the sound to change, you have to change it and then back out of the event/practice session/room, then go back in.

Review of RKM Motorsport’s NSX-R 3rd Anniversary

There are many Hondas out on the road. But, little does anybody know that Honda has a trump card. RKM Motorsports' eye caught that card and decided to do some work on it, turning what was already a good car into a beast. So, the guys at RKM took this wonderful car to the gym. They made this car lose some weight while gaining some serious power. And what came out of this work out was a masterpiece. When it was unleashed on the track, it left the competition behind.

mqUbY.jpg

Welcome to the NSX-R 3rd Anniversary. RKM describes the car as fast and agile. It most certainly is a lot more than that. Sitting on an light chassis weighing in 1051kg, the NSX-R is like a cheetah. On the straight a ways, it is blazing fast, gone before you even know it. But once a corner comes up, the NSX-R really shines. It plants its feet onto that ground and turns like one of those insanely expensive cars that 95% of the GT5 population now owns. It corners perfectly, always ready to catch its prey. It sneaks right up on and takes them out. It is like the car is your pet, it listens to you exactly when you need it and is always there for you. When coming to a corner, the braking is amazing. On the exit, that is where the cheetahs' enemies are left in the dust. It's a rocket and it cannot be stopped. When going through S-curves on the tracks, purposely trying to lose control will only make the NSX-R grip even more. It cannot and will not let go.

7GiQs.jpg

This car is most certainly not messing around. It can easily take on cars higher in class and still pack enough punch to grab the green flag. The sound of the engine will make all the other cars cry in fear. When the race is finished, you better watch your back. Once word gets out that this cheetah is rocking 393HP with 289.20lb·ft, everybody will think it's April Fools Day in the Summer. Everybody will definitely want a rematch, so make sure you agree to it so you can smoke them all over again. While other cars need to be assisted on the track, RKM basically yanked out all that useless stuff and hey, what do you know, you don't even need it after all. The only feature that is missing in this car is a Beast Mode indicator, which obviously should be on at all times.

YLoKg.jpg

Sure, this car won't be able to take on the very high class of cars, but you shouldn't worry a bit. RKM Motorsport is always ready to assist with many amazing tunes available. These guys know the key to unlock each cars secret: that underneath all that metal is a beast waiting to wreck havoc.

Higher Resolution Images (including the ones posted above):
http://imgur.com/a/jzJQQ

Review of RKM Motorsport’s NSX-R 3rd Anniversary

There are many Hondas out on the road. But, little does anybody know that Honda has a trump card. RKM Motorsports' eye caught that card and decided to do some work on it, turning what was already a good car into a beast. So, the guys at RKM took this wonderful car to the gym. They made this car lose some weight while gaining some serious power. And what came out of this work out was a masterpiece. When it was unleashed on the track, it left the competition behind.

http://i.imgur.com/mqUbY.jpg

Welcome to the NSX-R 3rd Anniversary. RKM describes the car as fast and agile. It most certainly is a lot more than that. Sitting on an light chassis weighing in 1051kg, the NSX-R is like a cheetah. On the straight a ways, it is blazing fast, gone before you even know it. But once a corner comes up, the NSX-R really shines. It plants its feet onto that ground and turns like one of those insanely expensive cars that 95% of the GT5 population now owns. It corners perfectly, always ready to catch its prey. It sneaks right up on and takes them out. It is like the car is your pet, it listens to you exactly when you need it and is always there for you. When coming to a corner, the braking is amazing. On the exit, that is where the cheetahs' enemies are left in the dust. It's a rocket and it cannot be stopped. When going through S-curves on the tracks, purposely trying to lose control will only make the NSX-R grip even more. It cannot and will not let go.

http://i.imgur.com/7GiQs.jpg

This car is most certainly not messing around. It can easily take on cars higher in class and still pack enough punch to grab the green flag. The sound of the engine will make all the other cars cry in fear. When the race is finished, you better watch your back. Once word gets out that this cheetah is rocking 393HP with 289.20lb·ft, everybody will think it's April Fools Day in the Summer. Everybody will definitely want a rematch, so make sure you agree to it so you can smoke them all over again. While other cars need to be assisted on the track, RKM basically yanked out all that useless stuff and hey, what do you know, you don't even need it after all. The only feature that is missing in this car is a Beast Mode indicator, which obviously should be on at all times.

http://i.imgur.com/YLoKg.jpg

Sure, this car won't be able to take on the very high class of cars, but you shouldn't worry a bit. RKM Motorsport is always ready to assist with many amazing tunes available. These guys know the key to unlock each cars secret: that underneath all that metal is a beast waiting to wreck havoc.

Higher Resolution Images (including the ones posted above):
http://imgur.com/a/jzJQQ

Thanks for the entertaining review! :D And very nice photos to go with it! What colour is that by the way?

You seem to have hit the NSX's sweet spot. That feeling of total grip and control, going faster than what the horsepower figures suggest. It's one of the reasons why I loved it so much in GT4. So I'm so happy those traits are still very strong in GT5. Even after 3 years, the NSX is still my favourite car at RVV/RKM. Even though it's starting to show it's age, it'll still tear brand new cars apart like it just stepped out of the showroom. :lol:

But yeah, thanks again for the brilliant review! Oh and we'll get a beast mode indicator hooked up soon. :sly:

Thank you. :) That sweet spot is really amazing. I play online a fair bit, and each time I put the HP limit to 450, all my friend get annoyed because they instantly know the NSX-R will win. :lol: The color is New Imola Orange Pearl. I was kinda nervous about picking it, but I think it goes great with the black top and wheels. 👍

Quick question, who do I contact to get a tune? I'm dying to have the Mercedes C 63 get the fabulous RKM treatment.

Thank you. :) That sweet spot is really amazing. I play online a fair bit, and each time I put the HP limit to 450, all my friend get annoyed because they instantly know the NSX-R will win. :lol: The color is New Imola Orange Pearl. I was kinda nervous about picking it, but I think it goes great with the black top and wheels. 👍

Quick question, who do I contact to get a tune? I'm dying to have the Mercedes C 63 get the fabulous RKM treatment.

450? Oooh you're evil. :P I'll have to find that colour sometime, it looks superb! :D

You can contact RJ or myself, either one of us will be happy to take your request. Although you're probably better off contacting me because I've already got a C63 in a decent state of tune in my garage. Although it's currently tuned to be a shouty, slidey, Autobahn mincing Benz. I'd have to tame it a bit for RKM release. :lol:

Oh, yours is fully modded? I was going to send it like that, but then I thought that having something that powerful would be a bit of a handful to drive (besides, the Ikeamobile is insanely awesome). So I was thinking 655HP. If that sounds good, then I can send it to you all loaded up, just waiting for your magic touch. :P

Oh, yours is fully modded? I was going to send it like that, but then I thought that having something that powerful would be a bit of a handful to drive (besides, the Ikeamobile is insanely awesome). So I was thinking 655HP. If that sounds good, then I can send it to you all loaded up, just waiting for your magic touch. :P

Yeah mine's fully modded minus exhaust. It was more for fun than anything. :lol: But yeah that sounds good, add me on PSN if you haven't already and send the car over. :)👍

Funny fact, despite being about 200bhp down, my C63 owns the Ikeamobile around Fuji. :P

I'm going to make an attempt at reviewing the Challenger and the volvo. First I'll have to say I'm not the greatest driver so some of the things that are going on may be my skill level but I'll attempt to be as accurate as possible

Challenger:

This thing is insanely fast. But I'm pretty sure that we knew that already due to it's hp numbers so on to the big deal which is turning. I will say that this thing is a lot less of a brick than it is stock. You can still tell that it's an heavy american car with a huge engine but it's way better to drive than before. Through the corners it tends to display some initial understeer due to the momentum that it carries forward but if you brake early and throttle out you can correct this. I will say that it's a fine line between going smoothly through a corner and introducing power oversteer with this car but this car is not too hard to correct if it does oversteer.

Volvo

Just a beastly car. Is quite fast for a volvo and turns very well. It's very grippy through curves and I've yet to have any issue with over or under steer. There really isn't much to say here simply because this thing drives so amazingly

I have another review of a RKM tuner car for everyone. The Silvia Spec V.

I totally forgot how much I love this car. I never even touched it in gt4 and the last time I drove it was in gt3. It wasn't until the Budget Car Challenge that I drove this car again. I used the '99 Silvia from the UCD and tuned it a bit. Nothing major was done to the car except a height adjustable suspension and racing hard tires in the handling department. I noticed after a little messing around with it that it was quite a capable car. It did show an attitude that a typical FR car would normally not with tight turning crossed with understeer. I remembered that it was tuned by RKM with the '02 model so I decided to give it a go. I did however add a wing to it and now I think it was a bad decision because of some driving bugs I found in it.

The major problem that I am running into is tires over heating. It seems to happen on braking a lot. I thought well maybe the sport tires are not up to the challenge so I threw a set of racing hards on to see if that would help. The racing hards helped a little but still the tires overheat in corner entry and exit quite a bit.

Low speed cornering - entry is good as long as you don't cook the tires. Very confident entry can be taken with a little worry of oversteer. Mash the throttle and you will either spin yourself or understeer if you cooked tour tires on braking. Get it just right and you will be rewarded kindly with a great setup up for the middle and exit of the turn. Keep a careful eye on the outside front tire and rear tires upon accelration.

Middle speed corners - this is where the Silvia shines. It has great entry both carrying speed into the corner as well as accelerating into the corner. Very stable and gives you confidence to attack the turn. As long as you have a solid racing line you don't need to worry too much about accelerating too much during the cornering. It also gives a little to course adjustments for those times it is just a bit off during the corner.

High speed corners - understeer and cooked tires happen during high speed cornering happened. This is where I feel the addition to the wing has been a wrong decision to add to this tune. What it gives for stability it takes away from cornering ability. I think without it the car would turn better. I am not sure whether it is adding to the tires getting cooked or not though. Once in the corner, the outside front tire gets hotter and hotter causing the understeer I am getting.

What I think would help this tune out are two possible things.

I think the brake adjustments need to be adjusted down a little. The brakes are too efficient on this car and that could be leading to the tires over cooking.

Possibly it might be an LSD adjustment that is off, but I would suspect the brakes first.

This car is awesome and you have to take it for a spin. Maybe with a few adjustments the tires will stop overheating and then this car would be ready to take on so supercars with no problems.

I'm going to make an attempt at reviewing the Challenger and the volvo. First I'll have to say I'm not the greatest driver so some of the things that are going on may be my skill level but I'll attempt to be as accurate as possible

Challenger:

This thing is insanely fast. But I'm pretty sure that we knew that already due to it's hp numbers so on to the big deal which is turning. I will say that this thing is a lot less of a brick than it is stock. You can still tell that it's an heavy american car with a huge engine but it's way better to drive than before. Through the corners it tends to display some initial understeer due to the momentum that it carries forward but if you brake early and throttle out you can correct this. I will say that it's a fine line between going smoothly through a corner and introducing power oversteer with this car but this car is not too hard to correct if it does oversteer.

Volvo

Just a beastly car. Is quite fast for a volvo and turns very well. It's very grippy through curves and I've yet to have any issue with over or under steer. There really isn't much to say here simply because this thing drives so amazingly
I was actually suprised that it would steer at all. It's definately the opposite of what people expect of an American Muscle car. :D Once you treat it like a powerful heavyweight car and not a Lotus Elise, you can really get some good laptimes out of it. Thanks for the review!

As for the Volvo, I have to agree. I built RJ's Volvo but without the wing, still handles great.

I have another review of a RKM tuner car for everyone. The Silvia Spec V.

I totally forgot how much I love this car. I never even touched it in gt4 and the last time I drove it was in gt3. It wasn't until the Budget Car Challenge that I drove this car again. I used the '99 Silvia from the UCD and tuned it a bit. Nothing major was done to the car except a height adjustable suspension and racing hard tires in the handling department. I noticed after a little messing around with it that it was quite a capable car. It did show an attitude that a typical FR car would normally not with tight turning crossed with understeer. I remembered that it was tuned by RKM with the '02 model so I decided to give it a go. I did however add a wing to it and now I think it was a bad decision because of some driving bugs I found in it.

The major problem that I am running into is tires over heating. It seems to happen on braking a lot. I thought well maybe the sport tires are not up to the challenge so I threw a set of racing hards on to see if that would help. The racing hards helped a little but still the tires overheat in corner entry and exit quite a bit.

Low speed cornering - entry is good as long as you don't cook the tires. Very confident entry can be taken with a little worry of oversteer. Mash the throttle and you will either spin yourself or understeer if you cooked tour tires on braking. Get it just right and you will be rewarded kindly with a great setup up for the middle and exit of the turn. Keep a careful eye on the outside front tire and rear tires upon accelration.

Middle speed corners - this is where the Silvia shines. It has great entry both carrying speed into the corner as well as accelerating into the corner. Very stable and gives you confidence to attack the turn. As long as you have a solid racing line you don't need to worry too much about accelerating too much during the cornering. It also gives a little to course adjustments for those times it is just a bit off during the corner.

High speed corners - understeer and cooked tires happen during high speed cornering happened. This is where I feel the addition to the wing has been a wrong decision to add to this tune. What it gives for stability it takes away from cornering ability. I think without it the car would turn better. I am not sure whether it is adding to the tires getting cooked or not though. Once in the corner, the outside front tire gets hotter and hotter causing the understeer I am getting.

What I think would help this tune out are two possible things.

I think the brake adjustments need to be adjusted down a little. The brakes are too efficient on this car and that could be leading to the tires over cooking.

Possibly it might be an LSD adjustment that is off, but I would suspect the brakes first.

This car is awesome and you have to take it for a spin. Maybe with a few adjustments the tires will stop overheating and then this car would be ready to take on so supercars with no problems.

Thanks for the detailed review! The additional downforce probably has had some negative effect to the car. I tuned the Silvia to be light on it's feet. Since it wasn't overly unstable, I didn't put a wing on it. I think the wing is putting too much force on the rear end and causing some understeer where there wasn't any already. It also might be contributing to the tyres heating up too fast. Try the car without wing and use sports soft tyres and see if you get the same issues again. I will go back and try and fix any issues that crop up. 👍

Yeah mine's fully modded minus exhaust. It was more for fun than anything. :lol: But yeah that sounds good, add me on PSN if you haven't already and send the car over. :)👍

Funny fact, despite being about 200bhp down, my C63 owns the Ikeamobile around Fuji. :P

Added you on PSN. :D

RKM Motorsport’s Tuner Correction EvoX

RKMEvoX.jpg

RKMEvoX_Big.jpg

Based on: 2007 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR P.P.
Obtained: New Car Dealer

Drivetrain: AWD
Horsepower: 541 BHP (@218.2 miles)
Torque:---- 447 ft-lb
Weight:---- 1247 kg

PARTS
GT Auto

Oil Change
Enkei JS+M wheels
Front Aero Type A
Rear Aero Type A
Rear Wing Type A
Engine Overhaul (where applicable)

Tuning Shop
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Lightweight Windows
Carbon Fiber Hood (Body Color)
Engine Tuning Stage 3
ECU Tuning
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Header
Sports Catalytic Converter
High-RPM Turbo Kit
Semi-Racing Flywheel
Semi-Racing Clutch
Carbon Driveshaft
Adjustable Center Differential
FC Suspension
Sports Soft OR Racing Soft tires

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 0/11

Transmission
Transmission

1st:-- 3.102
2nd:-- 2.052
3rd:-- 1.483
4th:-- 1.125
5th:-- 0.896
6th:-- 0.749
7th:-- x.xxx
Final: 4.062
Max Speed: 211

Drivetrain
Differential:

F/R Bias: 50/50
AYC Controller:
AYC Strength: 70

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -25/-20
Spring Rate: 14.8/4.5
Extension:-- 7/9
Compression: 5/6
Anti-Roll:-- 5/6
Camber:----- 2.5/3.0
Toe:-------- 0.10/-0.25

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 7/10

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
So we got this EvoX dropped off by a customer for tuning purposes. We figured the modified settings versus stock were the result of fettling by said customer and thought little of it, same for the clutch-type differentials. Then we noticed the car was being shown in the “customer cars” section of another tuning company's website.

The car was feeling a bit sad for itself when we got it, having lost the only thing that gives an Evo an advantage; the active yaw control rear differential, and running an unoptimized suspension setup. The car was originally set up on the customer supplied soft-compound slicks but we noticed it didn't really need them so we slapped on road-legal soft-compound semi-slicks and finished the tweaks. We were then told we could do whatever we wanted with the appearance of the vehicle, so it got a fresh coat of Ford Oxford White paint and a set of Enkei JS+M wheels sprayed with Alfa Romeo Bianco Spino to call it done.

Hi there im not one to complain about free tune setups, but this one in particular bugs me. I haven't broke in the engine yet so it gives me only 500hp atm, I dont know if its the car to blame or my Fanatec 911 Turbo S wheel. I decided to take this setup out for a test run on Grand Valley to compare laps times with my Mazda RX-7 Spirit R, as I made it out the first turn onto the straightway I then notice the car became very unstable swaying left to right repeatively as I was fighting with my wheel to keep this car straight. I then switch to several cars with more hp to see if it was my wheel, but that wasnt the case at all so I then tried using my DS3 only to find the car jumpy as if the suspention was too stiff or something. Anyways have any othe wheel users finding this car very hard to drive? I tried configurating my wheel and none worked, this 🤬 is odd for some weird reason and i refuse to drive this car with my DS3.

That's the way the EvoX is once you add power to it. The AYC combats understeer by sending power to the outside rear tire when cornering... Whenever it senses steering input.

I use a Driving Force Pro myself and when I tuned the car I was using my original from a few years ago which had quite a bit of slop in it, making the effect even worse. I'd recommend putting a small bit of deadzone in your settings as you use a Fanatec, it should let it actually read the wheel as being dead straight (as with the DS3) and therefore stop the "Evo Shake".

Back