RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

A
I only have the Chromeline one so I cant offer much advice. Does the Chromeline weigh more? Perhaps it's been purposely nerfed by PD to favour the regular model..

No, the chromeline is 25lbs lighter! Which makes it even more weird. Also, if I add weight and reduce power to the chromeline to match the regular version so both cars have the same weight/bhp, the chromeline has around 5 more PP points even though they are the same spec? Very weird indeed.

If you get the chance to tune the chromeline then that would be great. Also, if you know of a way of me sending you my regular Jag for testing then please let me know.

Thanks for taking the time

lol i'm sorry, but there was one rather critical problem with my LFA review, earlier in the day, i was doing a fgt race and i may have left the skid recovery force on…
which should be the cause of the rather disappointing drive and review…
sorry for the cock up, i'll do the review again w/o any aids on

ok, LFA review take two:
As i said in my first review, the LFA is the first supercar i bought, so it's special to me. And as I say again, I've been given a second chance with it, this time with some guidance.
It was an understeery car, even with the tune. that was with the computers on, but turn it off, and you'd better be awake.
It didn't tolerate fools before, but now, it is more forgiving when you mess up. Before, if you stamp on the power too early during cornering, and it'll protest against it by throwing you into near 90 degree slides. It was like driving the Zonda R or a Dodge Viper with no aids. Now if you do that with the tune applied, all it'll do is scare you, twitch away slightly, but never actually let go.
The car is more stable, and quicker than before, and all of that is down to the fact that its temper, the thing that made it scary, is now slightly toned down with the tune. It won't be as unforgiving, it'll just give you a scare. But do not think for a moment that it means you can take liberties with it. The tune can only do so much. If you don't treat it with respect, it will try to kill you. If you do though, there aren't a lot of cars at this power level that is half as rewarding to drive.

Last edited:
No, the chromeline is 25lbs lighter! Which makes it even more weird. Also, if I add weight and reduce power to the chromeline to match the regular version so both cars have the same weight/bhp, the chromeline has around 5 more PP points even though they are the same spec? Very weird indeed.

If you get the chance to tune the chromeline then that would be great. Also, if you know of a way of me sending you my regular Jag for testing then please let me know.

Thanks for taking the time

The Chromeline likely has more downforce than the normal model, I know it's the case with the stealth roadcars. It would handily explain the lower top speed and higher PP @ same specs.

Yes but dont shove it all straight to the very back. Keep it slightly to the rear so you wont upset the car.

Thanks for the help! Will do just that. Unfortunately i do not have the luxury of having time to do a review :x . But i still hope that you all would keep the good tunes coming 👍

Thanks again :)

So it's time for another comparison. This time I took the STI400 and compared it with the new Evo tune

Lets look at the stats

The STI comes in at 397 BHP compared to the evo's 383 (I broke it in and did an oil change to make it more even)

However the evo has the advantage in the weight category with it being 33 KG lighter than the STI

The cars were both tested on Suzuka

Now on to the review

First is the STI

Speed/Acceleration 8.5/10

This car is pretty fast for the numbers. It won't rocket you around but it will get you from corner to corner fast enough.

Handling 9/10

This car is pretty neutral and you can drive it hard.

Entry - Line it up and it will go where you want it to. Even if you don't do that you can yank it around on entry and it will line up.

Mid Corner - Nothing to see here. Pretty smooth as long as you don't slam the throttle. Then it will start to push out a bit but not too much. It's sensitive enough that you can correct in here if you messed up at all.

Exit - This car remains neutral through exit. The only thing that I craved from this is more power. It just seemed so slow going out of curves. However, this may just be because I drove some much faster cars before it.

Braking - Make sure you keep it relatively straight otherwise it will bite you

Lap Time - 2:17.7

Evo

Speed/Acceleration - 8/10

The lower horsepower shows. Though this thing is lighter it just doesn't pull as fast.

Handling 9.5/10

This thing handles like a dream. When I first drove this thing it seemed strange. This car dug in deeper into a corner when I applied more throttle. There also is some body roll in this car so make sure you set up before going into a corner.

Entry - With a nice set up this car will go in pretty smoothly. Position this car properly and it will reward you

Mid Corner - This car actually handles better if you slam the throttle mid corner. It will actually dig in deeper which makes this car handle really smoothly.

Exit - Same as the suburu - This car just doesn't move as fast as the suburu

Braking - Keep it straight - Due to the body roll if you brake it will really upset this car.

So to wrap up - This evo is better than the Suburu through the curves but it has a disadvantage in power so we'll see what decided this race in the lap time

2:19.8

This thing is a couple seconds slower than the suburu. The horsepower factor really decided this. It just doesn't exit as fast as the suburu and that really cost it. Still a great car though.

Thanks for the Ferrari shoot-out! The SP1 has a huge advantage with racing rubber, but the unfortunate truth is, on equal tyres the Scuderia eats it. Also my SP1 tune hasnt had updated gear ratios since I dont have an SP1 myself and I cant seem to find one to borrow. :ouch: The straight line speed just needs new gearing and it should keep up with the Scuderia.
If I could gift you mine I would... but if sharing the car will help you out, I'd be happy to do so. It's the least I could do in return for you guys making these fast cars fun and drivable :)

lol i'm sorry, but there was one rather critical problem with my LFA review, earlier in the day, i was doing a fgt race and i may have left the skid recovery force on…
which should be the cause of the rather disappointing drive and review…
sorry for the cock up, i'll do the review again w/o any aids on

ok, LFA review take two:
As i said in my first review, the LFA is the first supercar i bought, so it's special to me. And as I say again, I've been given a second chance with it, this time with some guidance.
It was an understeery car, even with the tune. that was with the computers on, but turn it off, and you'd better be awake.
It didn't tolerate fools before, but now, it is more forgiving when you mess up. Before, if you stamp on the power too early during cornering, and it'll protest against it by throwing you into near 90 degree slides. It was like driving the Zonda R or a Dodge Viper with no aids. Now if you do that with the tune applied, all it'll do is scare you, twitch away slightly, but never actually let go.
The car is more stable, and quicker than before, and all of that is down to the fact that its temper, the thing that made it scary, is now slightly toned down with the tune. It won't be as unforgiving, it'll just give you a scare. But do not think for a moment that it means you can take liberties with it. The tune can only do so much. If you don't treat it with respect, it will try to kill you. If you do though, there aren't a lot of cars at this power level that is half as rewarding to drive.
That's more like it. Is it still soulless now? :P
So it's time for another comparison. This time I took the STI400 and compared it with the new Evo tune

This thing is a couple seconds slower than the suburu. The horsepower factor really decided this. It just doesn't exit as fast as the suburu and that really cost it. Still a great car though.
Impreza's will always beat Evo's around a track, but Evo's do rotate better because of the AYC. Thanks for the comparison review! 👍
If I could gift you mine I would... but if sharing the car will help you out, I'd be happy to do so. It's the least I could do in return for you guys making these fast cars fun and drivable :)

It's a 1.5mil car. You cant gift it anyway. :( Sharing would be great though. Can you make sure the parts added are the exact same ones I've listed? Thanks. 👍

RKM Motorsport’s Nissan AXE UK Version Type R

NissanAXEUKVersionTypeR.jpg

NissanAXEUKVersionTypeR_Big.jpg

Based on: Nissan EXA Canopy L.A. Version Type S ‘88
Obtained: Used Car Dealership

Drivetrain: FF
Horsepower: 243 BHP (@ 41,898.3 miles)
Torque:---- 25 kgfm
Weight:---- 910 kg
PP:-------- 450

PARTS
Tuning Shop

Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Improvement
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Ballast

Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Max Speed, then each individual ratio.)
1st:-- 2.258
2nd:-- 1.526
3rd:-- 1.145
4th:-- 0.907
5th:-- 0.744
Final: 5.000
Max Speed: 168 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 11/0
Accel:-- 27/0
Braking: 5/0

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 8.0/4.2
Extension:-- 7/6
Compression: 6/5
Anti-Roll:-- 3/4
Camber:----- 1.3/1.2
Toe:-------- –0.10/0.00

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 4/5

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
The Nissan EXA is unappreciated, unloved and unwanted by the masses, but it has a fan that goes by the name kingmoshoeshoe2 and a fan that works at RKM. The request was simple. Make the EXA livelier and get rid of the understeer.

So the result is this, the AXE. Why AXE? Because AXE is EXA spelt backwards and axes are good at persuading people. The AXE only has a mere 243bhp, but with only 910kg to carry, 243bhp suddenly seems like quite a lot for an 80’s wagon. The AXE has plenty of traction and doesn’t overpower itself. Understeer shows up only when you over-do it and even then, you can rescue it with ease. The handling is lively but not dangerous. You’ll have plenty of fun driving this car.

Last edited:
RKM Motorsport’s 370Z GT Academy

370ZGTAcademy.jpg

370ZGTAcademy_Big.jpg

Based on: Nissan 370Z Tuned Car (GT Academy Version) ‘08
Obtained: Gift car ticket level 12

Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 464 BHP (@ 59.5 miles)
Torque:---- 48 kgfm
Weight:---- 1165 kg
PP:-------- 558

PARTS

Tuning Shop
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Improvement
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 15/35

Ballast
Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Max Speed, then each individual ratio.)
1st:-- 2.521
2nd:-- 1.733
3rd:-- 1.291
4th:-- 1.014
5th:-- 0.826
6th:-- 0.702
Final: 4.430
Max Speed: 199 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 0/15
Accel:-- 0/30
Braking: 0/10

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -20/-20
Spring Rate: 18.0/14.5
Extension:-- 8/7
Compression: 7/6
Anti-Roll:-- 5/6
Camber:----- 1.8/1.7
Toe:-------- –0.25/0.00

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/6

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
Meet the Midnight Z’s shinier twin sister, based on the GT Academy 370Z. With a lighter body and double the downforce, a 40bhp drop is barely a problem, especially when those 463 horses are all natural. Where the Midnight Z was fast, this 370Z is faster. Where the Midnight Z reaches it’s limits, this 370Z is still pushing.

30th Dec 2011 - Spec II adjustments.

Last edited:
Aston Martin DB9
DB9.jpg

Fresh out of the Dealer: 435 HP, 1710 kg, 501 PP, Sports Hard Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:43.325
Thoughts: I'm embarassed to admit, but while trying to figure out how to navigate this heavy boat around the track, the AI actually passed me on the brakes. The 435 HP stock power plant struggles to get this beast going, the brakes cry for mercy trying to slow it down, and the tires all but shrugged and gave up trying to hold a line at a decent speed. At least it's a comfy ride, with the soft shocks and enough roll to keep my Espresso from spilling through the bumps.

Parts added, no settings changes: 646 HP, 1387 kg, 582 PP, Racing Soft Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:27.774
Thoughts: Well, Mr. Martin went and got himself a trainer and ended up a bit leaner and much stronger... but the DB7 is still a heavy car. The Race Softs helped keep it planted, but the sheer weight of the car pushed it outside when powering out of corners, and that understeer felt like it slowed the lap times quite a bit. The car felt much slower than it was, as it is very solid, and direction changes seemed to be slow and laboured.

Parts added, RKM Tune, 5 lap first impression: 650 HP, 1387 kg, 586 PP, Racing Soft Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:26.027
Thoughts: Understeer? What understeer? It's virtually gone now, and this car is fast. It's still a very stable ride... you won't make many mistakes pushing this monster around the track. It still felt a bit sluggish on the high speed turns, but that's a minor complaint compared to the overall performance around the track. Running RKM tunes with race slicks is going to spoil me pretty quick.

After a couple more races...
Best Lap Time: 1:25.662
Thoughts: Made my best Rowan Atkinson impersonation, and went flying in an Aston. Slow and steady may win races in the fairy tales, but fast and steady wins races in real life, and this car is both. Once you settle into that fast groove, it's tough to break out of it, and you'll start rattling off lap times within a few tenths of each other without even trying. The only weakness is that it still feels heavy to me, especially in high-speed turns and transitions, but while the weight may slow it down a bit, it is probably a big factor in why the car is so consistant. Another great tune.

RKM NGT
RGT.jpg

Fresh out of the Dealer: 372 HP, 1330 kg, 496 PP, Sports Hard Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:42.458
Thoughts: As I'm sure everyone that's ever played GT can tell you, rear engine / rear wheel cars are tough to drive. I found it nearly impossible to do anything aggressive while pulling lateral G's. Everything seemed to kick the back end out... braking, turning sharply, and pushing over half throttle all had to be done while paying close attention to those lateral G's or a difficult to control slide would soon follow. The car is quick, and could hold some decent corner speed, but definitely needs a soft touch. Pretend you're 15 and driving dad's Porsche.

Parts added, no settings changes: 442 HP, 1170 kg, 532 PP, Sports Soft Tires
<NOTE> This car would not allow the Lightweight Window mod, and the FC Transmission required for the tune was not in the parts list.
Best Lap Time: 1:34.522
Thoughts: More speed, same handling. I'm sure with a LOT of practice I could figure out how to control the back end, but for a quick 5-lap impression, every time I started pushing it to get some more speed, the back end decided to go psycho on me. So I ended up with my fast lap being a mistake free, but overly cautious trip around the Mountain.

Parts added, RKM Tune, 5 lap first impression: 442 HP, 1170 kg, 532 PP, Sports Soft Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:34.863
Thoughts: Porsche race motto: "Slow in, fast out." Much better drive. The back end still has it's naughty moments, but it's mostly restricted now to diving to hard into a corner on the brakes or pushing too hard gassing out of a slow corner. Similar to a FR car, only it's the difficulty on recovery is greatly amplified. My slow lapt time does not reflect the car, but my inability to handle a few "love taps" from the AI that had me fighting through traffic for the entire race. This car can not handle swappin' paint on the fast front-side S turns at all, and I think I got a good AI-induced spin-out every lap.

Best Lap Time: 1:31.643
Thoughts: Well, I fixed my big problem by using the obscure race style of "get in front, stay in front". Worked wonders for the AI bumping that was killing me. The car handles some pretty decent mid-corner speeds, so focusing on getting the entrance right is vital, as late braking will do you in. The car handles much better with the parts and tune, but it is still very unforgiving with driver error. High-speed slides, like through the front S turns, are easy to get into and difficult to recover from. As long as you remember what car you're in, and adjust your driving to avoid it's weak spots, it's a pretty nice ride, if not more work than most of the other tunes I've run so far. Very high APF racing. (APF = ---- Pucker Factor, the formula keys on how much of the seat got squeezed in due to clenching, and how much work it is to retrieve it)

Aston Martin DB9
http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m531/mrakneedragger/DB9.jpg

Fresh out of the Dealer: 435 HP, 1710 kg, 501 PP, Sports Hard Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:43.325
Thoughts: I'm embarassed to admit, but while trying to figure out how to navigate this heavy boat around the track, the AI actually passed me on the brakes. The 435 HP stock power plant struggles to get this beast going, the brakes cry for mercy trying to slow it down, and the tires all but shrugged and gave up trying to hold a line at a decent speed. At least it's a comfy ride, with the soft shocks and enough roll to keep my Espresso from spilling through the bumps.

Parts added, no settings changes: 646 HP, 1387 kg, 582 PP, Racing Soft Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:27.774
Thoughts: Well, Mr. Martin went and got himself a trainer and ended up a bit leaner and much stronger... but the DB7 is still a heavy car. The Race Softs helped keep it planted, but the sheer weight of the car pushed it outside when powering out of corners, and that understeer felt like it slowed the lap times quite a bit. The car felt much slower than it was, as it is very solid, and direction changes seemed to be slow and laboured.

Parts added, RKM Tune, 5 lap first impression: 650 HP, 1387 kg, 586 PP, Racing Soft Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:26.027
Thoughts: Understeer? What understeer? It's virtually gone now, and this car is fast. It's still a very stable ride... you won't make many mistakes pushing this monster around the track. It still felt a bit sluggish on the high speed turns, but that's a minor complaint compared to the overall performance around the track. Running RKM tunes with race slicks is going to spoil me pretty quick.

Best Lap Time: 1:25.662
Thoughts: Made my best Rowan Atkinson impersonation, and went flying in an Aston. Slow and steady may win races in the fairy tales, but fast and steady wins races in real life, and this car is both. Once you settle into that fast groove, it's tough to break out of it, and you'll start rattling off lap times within a few tenths of each other without even trying. The only weakness is that it still feels heavy to me, especially in high-speed turns and transitions, but while the weight may slow it down a bit, it is probably a big factor in why the car is so consistant. Another great tune.
Thanks for the review! I'm glad you found the tune to make such a difference. It really makes the DB9 seem more like a car you can take to a track and really stick it to Ferrari's with. :sly:

Also, thanks for letting me borrow your SP1! The settings have been updated now. 👍

lol okok LFA isn't soulless, its the computers who held it back that are soulless -.-
and I just tried one of your new tunes (the 370 one) and here's the review for it :
Ok, since I won this car, ages ago, I've loved it. It was fun to drive, forgiving, and when you were finally ready to stop fooling about and race, very fast. But, inevitably, I got tired of its (comparative) lack of power and slowly stopped driving it. Not before screwing up the settings in a last ditch attempt to get it to go faster though.
So since most of your tunes work quite well, I thought I'd give this one a try. It was time I drove it again anyways. Before changing the setup, I set a lap time around the TG Test Track of 1:14 on sport softs. After changing the settings, it did a 1:15 lap. I found that hard to believe, so did it again, and this time it was 1:14.5 . Now, normally I'd be thinking, 'why is it slower? is it cuz i just got back in?'. But on this occasion, I just can't care less. It's so much more fun to drive than it used to be, the tyres feel like they grip better, the car feels more agile. and to be honest, 0.5 of a second is hardly a huge amount of time, is it?
Now, normally, I would end my review here, and say it was faster stock, but because it's got more soul/grip/fun, it doesn't matter and the tune made it better. Not this time.

I want to see if it could beat an Amuse 380rs (maxed, 522hp), and also to see how easily your tune could be transferred to other cars. But mostly, I just did it because I want to see which is better.
So, how does it fair against the 370? Well, in some respects, it's better. It's faster (obviously) and it brakes better. But, if I'm honest, those two good points don't really matter. The 380rs is just too unforgiving, like a Zonda R in terms of edginess. When you turn in, it understeers, then switches to an irretrievable oversteer almost instantly. It was so bad, I gave up setting a lap in it, just couldn't be done.
Now, I tried to use the 370 setup for it, and it's better. It's more controlled, less wayward, and just slightly faster. But still not as fun as the 370. It's still not forgiving enough for me to cope.
So to answer my first question, no, it can't beat the 380rs. But the tune was transferred nicely and improved the Amuse. But it was bespoke for the 370, so, despite it being slower than the Amuse, the 370 is better.

btw, the Z seems to be the car which is tuned the most here, with 4 or 5 tunes for it, all you need is to tune the Amuse and that other one in the GT dealership and you'll have a whole range of devil Zs, all tuned and ready to swallow the track and opponents alive :D

Last edited:
Test drove the R34 once again to see any improvements. Well, you guys really did a good job. Only like 90% of the understeer was eliminated, but at least it's now good. Somehow though it devours anyone only in the corners. This loses to some other cars on the straight, but yeah, it's on the car's limitations.

TAKATA NSX GT500 settings... can it also suit the Stealth NSX GT500? The answer... is obvious. Sorry if I wasn't able to get the chassis rigidity and the race softs, but at least I get to see if how the settings work. Well, it's a stealth car. Improvements from the guys at PD.

Tested in Suzuka, which is under the Super GT event in the Extreme A-spec Series, it obliterated the whole competition because it's simply a stealth car. But how did the car handle? It's pretty twitchy, but once I get used to it, it's unbelievably agile. Sometimes, there's a need to powerslide, just like in that 90-degree corner before the hairpin. It's hella fun.

The fastest I ever lapped was 2:02:8xx. I dunno with you guys, but it's pretty good for me.

Last edited:
Hiya! After a certain absence (work related), got two more reviews lined up :) I will start with the Esprit Sport 400 - promised that one first.

I did my testing at GVS with a DS3, as usually. The only difference (so as to clarify it at the start) with your settings was that I use the autobox. Not sure if that affects the time or handling.

So? Starting with all components installed I managed a best time of 2.05.0xx. As for the ride, I guess what sums it up best is that you will be looking at the world through the A pillars at the first hint of corners. It seems the car in the default setting with a bit of extra power is more of a drifter than an out and out circuit racer. It is all rather endearing, being easy to control and somewhat fun, very fast it is not (6 seconds a lap down on a similarly powered, stock setup NSX).

With the settings the car completely changes in character - or that is at least how I perceive it. It becomes much more focused and the times show it - a best of 2.02.5xx gives a ~2.5 secs a lap improvement, and I am sure more could be squeezed out of it.

The oversteer is practically completely gone - you need to actively try to get the tail to come around and auto rotation is almost completely absent. There is a hint of high speed understeer but not to the extent that you will plow off the track - more of the car protesting your intentions at first, after which it hunkers down and does the job. This is most apparent in the second and last corners at GVS. When you get it to understeer at high speed, and notice that it is veering off the intended line, a tap of the brakes usually suffices to correct the line, while lifting does not really do much (really only a situation you will encounter at the last corner).

In the third tunnel a slightly oversteery posture is possible, it will not even require countersteering - the angle is really slight.

The only thing requiring caution is the braking into the first turn - the only place where one can potentially lose the car. It requires a slight lifting / tap on the brakes before the indicated braking zone, so as not to understeer to far to the outside. Nothing needing real correction just something to be aware off.

In the end it is a very effective tool, with the show offy, drifting nature being replaced by a much more clinical experience, which is faster and much easier to control. It should be well suited to endurance events, where you need to drive for 2 or 3 hours, as I cannot see the car requiring maximum concentration from the driver - even if you push hard, you will not be balancing on knife's edge with the car.

Given similar power levels, layout, etc. I guess the comparison with a certain NSX is inevitable. In my hands at least, the Esprit is certainly slower, although with your respective setups the difference is less than with the components only and stock settings (on both cars). The NSX is still massively faster an timewise simply murders the Esprit in the second and third section of the track (total time is about 5.5 seconds better). On the other hand, when trying the NSX again I do have to say that it is easy but not nearly as easy to drive as the Esprit. Where the NSX will require a cautious throttle control in second gear, it can be mashed down any gear, any time in the Esprit. The Esprit will never reach heroic sideways angles. It is less of a hooligan's delight and a more subtle gentleman's express.

Don't get me wrong, it is fast still enough to win the race at GVS in the lvl 15 tuner challenge. And it is not uninteresting to drive. But it also has almost constant tyre squeal and one gets the impression that the car would have prefered a gentler life, more country road than track.

and I just tried one of your new tunes (the 370 one) and here's the review for it :

I want to see if it could beat an Amuse 380rs (maxed, 522hp), and also to see how easily your tune could be transferred to other cars.

btw, the Z seems to be the car which is tuned the most here, with 4 or 5 tunes for it, all you need is to tune the Amuse and that other one in the GT dealership and you'll have a whole range of devil Zs, all tuned and ready to swallow the track and opponents alive :D
Thanks for the review! Since you tested it on the TGTT I can only assume I've made the car more suited to bumpier tracks since it was a vast improvement over default settings on Trial Mountain and the 'Ring. Although .5 seconds is nothing as you said, plus the car is more enjoyable to drive so it's a win-win eh? :sly:

I've not driven the 380RS so I cant compare myself. I can only imagine that it has sufficient downforce to keep the GT Academy behind it. It would probably benefit from a bespoke tune rather than another 370Z setting.

Yeah we like our Z's. :lol: More will likely come.
Test drove the R34 once again to see any improvements. Well, you guys really did a good job. Only like 90% of the understeer was eliminated, but at least it's now good. Somehow though it devours anyone only in the corners. This loses to some other cars on the straight, but yeah, it's on the car's limitations.

Glad the improvement has been positive. It's just a bit too heavy to be a straight line warrior without loading more power into it.

btw, have you started on the spyker tune yet? (sorry, rather impatient)
and can I also just say, the ER34 could handle more power than you gave it in the tune. cuz the power only goes up by 30hp, all you need to do is slap on some racing slicks or pay more attention and it monsters very well everything.

and can I also just say, the ER34 could handle more power than you gave it in the tune. cuz the power only goes up by 30hp, all you need to do is slap on some racing slicks or pay more attention and it monsters very well everything.

They (RKM) like to use Sports Tires for their tunes... :scared:

Dear RKM,

I am soooo happy! I just recieved my Sig Edition today and will try your stealth setup later. But I thought it not fair just taking your tunes and wanted to do something for you guys too. So, please choose a car under 1 million and I would be happy to send it to you for free. I dont want anything in return, you have already given me and many others enough already.

So what car would you like? I hope there is one you are after and I will do my best to get it for you. Hopefully its one from the dealer but I am happy to look for anything you like.

Take care,

PapaPro

Just doing a couple more of your cars now.

Why does the Midnight Z have a lower top speed than the Lord Zed despite having a higher BHP? 503BHP, 199MPH compared to 435BHP, 242MPH

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I have an EXA too! And it's fully modified as well! Will have to try that tune at some point.

I have sent you the tune I want.

Sweet! An EXA tune! I'm attracted to Nissans, especially older, smaller, less powerful ones. Will test drive it over the weekend and provide a review of it.

Not yet, I have other commitments that come before GT5. 👍
They (RKM) like to use Sports Tires for their tunes... :scared:
This. Racing slicks makes tuning too easy and not as enjoyable, especially when the car already handles well on sports softs. If you want to boost power and add racing tyres to your own ER34, then that's fine. 👍
Dear RKM,

I am soooo happy! I just recieved my Sig Edition today and will try your stealth setup later. But I thought it not fair just taking your tunes and wanted to do something for you guys too. So, please choose a car under 1 million and I would be happy to send it to you for free. I dont want anything in return, you have already given me and many others enough already.

So what car would you like? I hope there is one you are after and I will do my best to get it for you. Hopefully its one from the dealer but I am happy to look for anything you like.

Take care,

PapaPro
I have the Sig Edition too. Isn't that SLS model so well detailed for it's size? :D Thank you for your kindness! :embarrassed: I'll send you a PM. 👍
Just doing a couple more of your cars now.

Why does the Midnight Z have a lower top speed than the Lord Zed despite having a higher BHP? 503BHP, 199MPH compared to 435BHP, 242MPH
Because RJ has a funny way of doing gear ratios so even though it says 242, the actual top speed created by the gear ratios is something more reasonable.

It's a sunny day in France; perfect weather for a 2 lap sprint around Circuit de la Sarthe. Unfortunately, I missed the qualifying round, so I'm starting in dead last. The line-up is fierce, and odd in some aspects (a rally car and a vintage Toyota), but I showed up in the Killer Whale. This is going to be quite the race.

All drivers are waiting in anticipation for the green flag to be waved. I inspect each car as we roll to the line, trying to interpret how each car will handle. Ten seconds isn't quite enough. It's anyone's game. Finally, the flag is waved.

The Killer Whale bites down hard on the rear tires, but absorbs the torture in a calm and quick acceleration. I immediately had to put trust in the suspension with several early brakers. I turn hard to steer clear of several collisions, but the car is glued to the road, and I get out of the way dangerously quick. After the first s-bend, I'm up to 12th.

I'm on to the seemingly never-ending straight, getting up over 230 mp/h, suspension taking abuse going over several bumps, but the car stays planted. I put trust in my brakes, foot planted all the way down, throwing me forward with enormous amounts of force. I'm from 235 to 70 in a mere 3 and a half seconds, passing two people in the process. The car doesn't even hiccup; it stays calm and collected.

On the second straight, I'm braking hard again, dropping from 200 to 80 in just under three seconds. I feel like my face is tearing off, but still no trouble with control. I pass one driver, and another around the kink. I'm hard on the accelerator, drafting a purple and gold Jaguar.

I finally get to some turns. The car is planted, and is a beast, yet it doesn't mind getting told what to do. Tackling corners in this car gives a sweet sensation, between fear and absolute tranquility.

The corners are where this car truly shines. Driving this car is like a roller coaster; you know everything is under control, but it still gives you a feeling of "You're doing something really stupid." Driving this beast at this speed is stupid. But, it's exciting, and there's simply nothing more thrilling than throwing a 650 HP monster around a world famous track, with no fear of dying. This is the perfect race car.

Starting the second lap, I'm up to third, and I finally see what I've been chasing for three and a half minutes. In my sights is blue, red, and white; it's an R92CP. And in between us sits a Toyota Minolta. The Minolta was nothing to fret about. I'm around him through the S, and never had anything to do with him the rest of the race. Now, it's just me and the Nissan.

After 40 seconds of sweet, delightful turns, I'm close enough to grab his slipstream, and just in time, too. He's got me on acceleration, and half the track is basically straights. I start braking a full second later than him, breaking speed like there's no tomorrow. I'm down from 239 to 73 in just under four seconds; but the R92CP is nothing to sneeze at.

After the first kink, he's biting at my heels, and manages to sneak around me, and it's another braking battle, which, to no surprise, I won. To my dismay, He got around me once more after the second kink. A third battle took place. Guess who won?

The rest of the track is a symphony of turns, to which I was the composer. There was no more of the R92CP to worry about, and I took the win, with just three seconds of space.

In the end, this car does it's job. It's an absolute beast that doesn't mind taking orders. It finds each corner to be a piece of sweet music, writing wonderful songs as it makes nothing of a challenging course. This is, in short, the perfect race car.

Also had the opportunity to test the Coffee car yesterday. As I had it already, with all the modifications, it was the quick option to test another one of your cars (somewhat tight financially in GT5 at the moment). :)

I took it ot the lvl 18 Japanese championship, first to GVS, then to Tsukuba. As always, with an autobox, DS3, apart from that as intended. Starting with the parts but without applying your settings, at GVS the first thing that's obvious is that no matter the power to weight, 280 to 300hp cars will absolutely murder the ~135bhp Suzuki at the straigths. In base trim the car is absolutely docile, not needing lifting or braking for the second corner and just a short tap for the third. This is the part where one starts regaining time lost before the first corner and the second section is where you absolutely fly. There is still some time to be gained in the third tunnel, the S corner combination after that is time neutral (compared to the competition), from then on it's all about being a frustrated spectator, seeing how you get overtaken left right and centre, before getting to the second turn on the next lap. Overall not a car suited to the track (with such competition), it is simply too slow. Got a best of 2.14.1xx, which for 135 hp looks quite good. In all honesty even racing softs would be unlikely to shave much off the time, as the car is limited by acceleration much more than grip (got all of it needed, really).

With your settings things do change somewhat. Nothing to be done about the acceleration and top speed - there is hardly anything going on above 160 kmh, and it is just to weak to really draft. As for handling, you have put a bit of sting into that tiny tail, so one needs to countersteer more often, at least if your impatience gets the better of you and you use full throttle out of corners. It does become livelier, and is certainly more entertaining, as for speed, it is very weird. In stock (same opponents) I could only gain tiny amounts on the first place (more or less in constant 4th), while with your tune larger steps could be made. On the other hand my best lap (and laps more generally) were slower with your setup than with the stock settings, giving me a best of 2.14.586.

Did the 10 lap race from the same championship at Tsukuba next (your settings only). Being a much tighter circit, without any significant straights the car should have worked better and it does. The car is vice free and one really only needs some concentration for the first corner, the rest is easy. It still wants to bite but there are not many opportunities for it to do so. I finally managed to finish in second place - just like at GVS you can slowly gain on the competition (second sector being best here, too) but it is hard work (and you better not make any mistakes, as lost time will need to painfully be regained later).

So all in all a fun car (for its class) but still too slow overall, at least to take it up with more powerful cars in the same power to weight category. Not a consequence of the setup, just a problem of the basic platform. And your setup does make it more fun that stock. :)

So all in all a fun car (for its class) but still too slow overall, at least to take it up with more powerful cars in the same power to weight category. Not a consequence of the setup, just a problem of the basic platform. And your setup does make it more fun that stock. :)

That's the thing about the Cappu RM, it has no rivals so it's pretty much a 1-make series type of car. Without any benchmarks for it, I thought I should up the driving pleasure a tad more than usual. :sly: Thanks for the review!

Back