RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

Ok, I've got a GTR 34 and a GTR 32, so since you do have a tune for both of those, I think it's time for a battle. So I won't just review what has improved, but also which is best out of the two.
(Tested on TGTT)
First the R34, a track legend. So, naturally my expectations were as great as this car's reputation. But I was disappointed. On sports hard tyres, it was cumbersome, slow to respond and felt numb to drive. Its handling characteristic is flawed and inconsistent, as there is understeer in the first turn on my first lap, but slight oversteer on the second, using the same line and same brake points.
After changing the settings, there are noticeable improvements. It feels more agile, more grippy, the 4WD system seems to works better (somehow, as no changes were done), and it was nearly 2 seconds faster than stock.
Laptimes (done on sports hards):
1:18.333 (before)
1:16.710 (after)
Now, the R32, the car that spawned the 34. Slightly less powerful, Slightly less downforce, and older. But perhaps because it's older, because the GTR just started getting into it's techy stride, it feels more connected. Sure it wasn't as fast or as grippy as the 34, but it was quite good considering the 8 year gap between these two cars. Still, it was hardly perfect, so the settings were changed, and I went out for another lap.
So, what's changed? Well, it's, again, grippier, better at cornering, and more fun to drive. The car seems to have slightly more character than before as well, it likes to slide if you stamp on the power mid-corner. But don't correct it, let the computers do their thing, just focus on getting it around as fast as possible.
Laptimes (done on sport hards):
1:19.634 (before)
1:17.427 (after)
So which do I prefer? That's tricky. The 34 is plainly faster, more modern (if that matters), more powerful and easier to drive. Sounds like a walkover then.
But it's not that simple. Although it is faster, it's just too soulless, too wayward for me. It is also to numb, you turn the car into a corner in hope, rather than expectation.
The R32 though, that feels (for some reason) more connected to the road, it doesn't skid about all over the place, and it's just rarer. If you asked a group of people to name a GTR, they'd probably name the R34 or the R35.
Sure it's not as fast, but like the 370Z, it doesn't matter. Sure, I'll lose by a second or two to the guy in the 34, but I know, I'll be having more fun.

Ok, I've got a GTR 34 and a GTR 32, so since you do have a tune for both of those, I think it's time for a battle. So I won't just review what has improved, but also which is best out of the two.
(Tested on TGTT)
First the R34, a track legend. So, naturally my expectations were as great as this car's reputation. But I was disappointed. On sports hard tyres, it was cumbersome, slow to respond and felt numb to drive. Its handling characteristic is flawed and inconsistent, as there is understeer in the first turn on my first lap, but slight oversteer on the second, using the same line and same brake points.
After changing the settings, there are noticeable improvements. It feels more agile, more grippy, the 4WD system seems to works better (somehow, as no changes were done), and it was nearly 2 seconds faster than stock.
Laptimes (done on sports hards):
1:18.333 (before)
1:16.710 (after)
Now, the R32, the car that spawned the 34. Slightly less powerful, Slightly less downforce, and older. But perhaps because it's older, because the GTR just started getting into it's techy stride, it feels more connected. Sure it wasn't as fast or as grippy as the 34, but it was quite good considering the 8 year gap between these two cars. Still, it was hardly perfect, so the settings were changed, and I went out for another lap.
So, what's changed? Well, it's, again, grippier, better at cornering, and more fun to drive. The car seems to have slightly more character than before as well, it likes to slide if you stamp on the power mid-corner. But don't correct it, let the computers do their thing, just focus on getting it around as fast as possible.
Laptimes (done on sport hards):
1:19.634 (before)
1:17.427 (after)
So which do I prefer? That's tricky. The 34 is plainly faster, more modern (if that matters), more powerful and easier to drive. Sounds like a walkover then.
But it's not that simple. Although it is faster, it's just too soulless, too wayward for me. It is also to numb, you turn the car into a corner in hope, rather than expectation.
The R32 though, that feels (for some reason) more connected to the road, it doesn't skid about all over the place, and it's just rarer. If you asked a group of people to name a GTR, they'd probably name the R34 or the R35.
Sure it's not as fast, but like the 370Z, it doesn't matter. Sure, I'll lose by a second or two to the guy in the 34, but I know, I'll be having more fun.
Thanks for the comparisons! Interesting to see that they retain their character on lower grade tyres, the R34 especially. I agree that the R32 is more fun. It's got less electronic gadgetry than the R34 so you've got a better feel of the road. There's only less than a second between them so they'd be very close during a race anyway. :D

RKM Motorsport’s McLaren F1

McLarenF1.jpg

McLarenF1_Big.jpg

Based on: McLaren F1 ‘94
Obtained: Brand new model at McLaren

Drivetrain: MR
Horsepower: 647 BHP (@ 83.5 miles)
Torque:---- 68 kgfm
Weight:---- 970 kg
PP:-------- 637

PARTS
GT Auto

Enkei RPF1 Wheels
Type A Front Aero
Type A Extension
Type B Wing

Tuning Shop
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Improvement
Window Weight Reduction
Fully Customisable Transmission
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 20/65

Ballast
Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Max Speed, then each individual ratio.)
1st:-- 4.220
2nd:-- 2.708
3rd:-- 2.001
4th:-- 1.555
5th:-- 1.268
6th:-- 1.080
Final: 2.335
Max Speed: 280 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 0/12
Accel:-- 0/15
Braking: 0/10

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -30/-30
Spring Rate: 17.5/18.0
Extension:-- 7/7
Compression: 5/5
Anti-Roll:-- 5/5
Camber:----- 2.5/2.3
Toe:-------- –0.10/-0.05

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/6

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
Watch your back, Veyron. You may have the top speed honours, but this McLaren F1 will school you around a track, all the way back to the nursery.

1st Jan 2012 - Spec II adjustments.

Last edited:
Refined Speed Shootout
I feel the need, the need for speed... and maybe heated leather seats, a nice stereo, and power everything.

Wütend Deutsch
M5.jpg

Fresh out of the Dealer: 486 HP, 1855 kg, 509 PP, Sports Hard Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:42.690
Thoughts: The engineers that designed this car did their jobs very well... they just didn't communicate with each other. The car runs just at the edge of traction limits when cornering, the brakes do a very passable job of slowing the machine, and the HP/Wt combination uses every bit of traction on the throttle. So, what happens if you try to do more than one at the same time? Melted tires and sideways action. This heavyweight needs a 3-part approach to cornering. Slow down, then corner, then accelerate. Try to mix any two of those too much, and the tires wave the white flag.

Parts added, no settings changes: 688 HP, 1394 kg, 592 PP, Sports Soft Tires
<NOTE> The FC Transmission required for the tune was not in the parts list.
Best Lap Time: 1:32.389
Thoughts: With all those parts added, the problem with the car was magnified. The car really didn't want to do two things at once, and the extra HP seemed to melt the tires even faster while going through almost any kind of turning. Great straight-line speed, though.

Parts added, RKM Tune, 5 lap first impression: 689 HP, 1394 kg, 593 PP, Sports Soft Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:33.481
Thoughts: This car handles like a big 4-door sedan instead of a sports car... wait... what? It is? Hmmm, time to rethink some lines. After the tune, the car was definitely stronger in the corners, which lead to me pushing harder and smoking the tires more often. I wasn't able to take the left after the back straight very well at all, as I kept admiring the monster wheelies and flying past my brake marker before the front end touched down. Yep, driver error there.

After a couple more races...
Best Lap Time: 1:30.055
Thoughts: To me, it felt like every turn I was riding on that fine line that flirted with a total loss of control. The car didn't lose it in the turns, but it always felt like it was about to. However, for a big 4-door sedan, this car is very fast. I'm sure I could have pushed more speed, but the feel of it did not inspire much confidence. I'm torn between disliking the car based on that feeling, and loving it for being as fast as it is given it's roots.

C63 AMG
C63.jpg

Fresh out of the Dealer: 458 HP, 1730 kg, 502 PP, Sports Hard Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:46.529
Thoughts: This car provided a horrible driving experience. Low corner speeds, average braking, and the back end didn't just slide... it kicked out like a rodeo bull. There was no controlling the car when the back end came around, which happened any time you were touching the gas and you weren't truely straight... and even if you were going straight, and if you hit an elevation change, there it goes again. The car didn't have the speed to make up time in the straights that it lost in the corners, even against the back markers in the Poly Cup.

Parts added, no settings changes: 674 HP, 1403 kg, 583 PP, Sports Soft Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:34.685
Thoughts: Well, with parts added, this car is better in all aspects, but not by much. Slides are still tough to control, and the suspension keeps bouncing the back end out over the hills rather than glueing it down. The added traction and lower weight helped the braking and corner speed a bit, but getting the back end to behave is by far this car's weakness.

Parts added, RKM Tune, 5 lap first impression: 676 HP, 1403 kg, 583 PP, Sports Soft Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:34.740
Thoughts: Better, but enough of a difference that it's taking me time to figure out some of the corners, thus the lack of lap time improvement. The back end kick has been cut back a great deal, but 2nd gear is still nasty if you try to go all out. I'm still having problems with the ups and downs of the course, as the car seems to lighten up a bit too much through those. Since Trial Mountain is almost a roller-coaster ride's worth of ups and downs, it's been a challenge only a few more races may solve. So far, my biggest issues with this car are keeping traction exitting the 180 left after the back straight, and finishing off the right-hand part of the "cheater's chicane" before the start/finish line; two sections where, with almost all other cars, I can full throttle through it, but with this car I lose the back tires.

Best Lap Time: 1:32.863
Thoughts: Like the BMW, I feel like this car is always on the edge of success and crash. Unlike the BMW, it does like to bite you for going on the wrong side of the line. Because of that, I found myself very tentative in the faster sections of the course, sacrificing a little speed for security that I wouldn't end up nose-in against the wall in a cloud of smoke. I may end up running this car again on a flatter course, but the hills of Trial Mountain seemed to doom this sedan.

Note from the author: I find myself struggling to describe cars in terms of understeer and over steer. For me, if the car turns too much and cuts the inside, it means I'm not going fast enough. If the car drifts wide going in, I'm braking too late. If it goes wide mid-corner, I'm going too fast. And if it drifts wide on the exit, I was on the gas too early. How can you tell when the cornering action is the car, rather than the driver? In my reviews, I talk about corner speed, as that is what seems concrete to me: how fast the car can go through a corner without losing control or leaving the track. The way people tend to describe over and under steer sounds, to me, more like wrong corner speed or technique.

Last edited:
thanks for the Spyker tune, it's addicting to drive :D
Anyway, since there's another new tune, i thought I'd try it.
Mclaren F1 review (car used is F1 stealth model):
Ah, the F1. My all time favourite supercar. Sure it wasn't the best looking car, but it had always been one of the best sounding, best performing car I had in GT5. But it was always a handful to drive. My first time driving it in my first day of GT5, it spat me off the track on the first corner. So, is it any different now that I'm better at driving?
Well, sort of. But before I get any further, can I just say mine is not stock, it has the full 790hp and is tuned according to another tune shop's recommendations.
So, how does it drive? Well, better than stock, I can easily tell you that. It retains it's character of having to be driven with the accuracy of a sniper's aim. Any sudden twitches and you're finished. The downforce also doesn't seem to be working, as when I take the follow-through of the TGTT, it suddenly lost grip, and I nearly span off. It did a clean lap of 1:07.791.
Ok, RKM settings applied, out for another lap. Still slightly edgy, slightly more recalcitrant on turn-in, can't quite tell the difference between the two. But, most likely due to inconsistent driving, it was a full second quicker with a 1:06.605 lap. It was also just that bit easier to control, I'm using full power more, rather than just feathering the throttle, holding back.
But, despite all these good points, I really am hard pressed to tell the difference. Perhaps it's the racing slicks, perhaps I'm still not good enough for it, but either way, all this tune did was just slightly tame the handling. Tame enough for a very quick lap, but just wild enough for me not to notice much difference.

(Can I just add though, the tune I ran before was given to me by a friend, perhaps maybe that's why I can't find the difference. Maybe it's because I'm just slightly bias. But either way, great tune, guys)

Just a question about your F1 tune, I cant seem to get the same gear ratios that you have. I was only ablt to get the following:

1st:-- 4.400 -- 4.895
2nd:-- 2.869 -- 3.191
3rd:-- 2.149 -- 2.279
4th:-- 1.675 -- 1.716
5th:-- 1.317 -- 1.362
6th:-- 1.065 -- 1.065
Final: 2.375 -- 2.375
Max Speed: 261 MPH -- 261

I marked the ratio's I was able to get in RED

GTP Name: Onboy123
PSN Name: Onboy123
Your Car: FC3S RX7
Sending Your Own Car? Yes
If No, Specify Car Details: (Please include as much detail as you can. Tires, power limitations, part preferences, etc.)
Tuning Request: Nothing specific, just tune the suspension, differential and brake balance for the Trial Mountain and Top Gear Test Track
Link To Review: the post before (sorry, don't know how to attach link)

Awesome tunes guys...Have you got one for the GSX/R 4 by any chance...I want to see if there is something that could be squeezed out of it. Sorry if you don't do requests, my bad

Refined Speed Shootout
I feel the need, the need for speed... and maybe heated leather seats, a nice stereo, and power everything.

C63 AMG
http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m531/mrakneedragger/C63.jpg
Fresh out of the Dealer: 458 HP, 1730 kg, 502 PP, Sports Hard Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:46.529
Thoughts: This car provided a horrible driving experience. Low corner speeds, average braking, and the back end didn't just slide... it kicked out like a rodeo bull. There was no controlling the car when the back end came around, which happened any time you were touching the gas and you weren't truely straight... and even if you were going straight, and if you hit an elevation change, there it goes again. The car didn't have the speed to make up time in the straights that it lost in the corners, even against the back markers in the Poly Cup.

Parts added, no settings changes: 674 HP, 1403 kg, 583 PP, Sports Soft Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:34.685
Thoughts: Well, with parts added, this car is better in all aspects, but not by much. Slides are still tough to control, and the suspension keeps bouncing the back end out over the hills rather than glueing it down. The added traction and lower weight helped the braking and corner speed a bit, but getting the back end to behave is by far this car's weakness.

Parts added, RKM Tune, 5 lap first impression: 676 HP, 1403 kg, 583 PP, Sports Soft Tires
Best Lap Time: 1:34.740
Thoughts: Better, but enough of a difference that it's taking me time to figure out some of the corners, thus the lack of lap time improvement. The back end kick has been cut back a great deal, but 2nd gear is still nasty if you try to go all out. I'm still having problems with the ups and downs of the course, as the car seems to lighten up a bit too much through those. Since Trial Mountain is almost a roller-coaster ride's worth of ups and downs, it's been a challenge only a few more races may solve. So far, my biggest issues with this car are keeping traction exitting the 180 left after the back straight, and finishing off the right-hand part of the "cheater's chicane" before the start/finish line; two sections where, with almost all other cars, I can full throttle through it, but with this car I lose the back tires.

Best Lap Time: 1:32.863
Thoughts: Like the BMW, I feel like this car is always on the edge of success and crash. Unlike the BMW, it does like to bite you for going on the wrong side of the line. Because of that, I found myself very tentative in the faster sections of the course, sacrificing a little speed for security that I wouldn't end up nose-in against the wall in a cloud of smoke. I may end up running this car again on a flatter course, but the hills of Trial Mountain seemed to doom this sedan.

Note from the author: I find myself struggling to describe cars in terms of understeer and over steer. For me, if the car turns too much and cuts the inside, it means I'm not going fast enough. If the car drifts wide going in, I'm braking too late. If it goes wide mid-corner, I'm going too fast. And if it drifts wide on the exit, I was on the gas too early. How can you tell when the cornering action is the car, rather than the driver? In my reviews, I talk about corner speed, as that is what seems concrete to me: how fast the car can go through a corner without losing control or leaving the track. The way people tend to describe over and under steer sounds, to me, more like wrong corner speed or technique.
Thanks for another shootout! The C63 likes to embrace it's shouty German side. :lol: It's fast but you need to take care of the throttle in low gears. It's main issue is that it's got too much power and torque for it's own good. On racing tyres it's much nicer but then that wouldnt be as fun. :sly: It does perform better on flatter tracks though, but it can cope with Trial fairly easily.
thanks for the Spyker tune, it's addicting to drive :D
Anyway, since there's another new tune, i thought I'd try it.
Mclaren F1 review (car used is F1 stealth model):
Ah, the F1. My all time favourite supercar. Sure it wasn't the best looking car, but it had always been one of the best sounding, best performing car I had in GT5. But it was always a handful to drive. My first time driving it in my first day of GT5, it spat me off the track on the first corner. So, is it any different now that I'm better at driving?
Well, sort of. But before I get any further, can I just say mine is not stock, it has the full 790hp and is tuned according to another tune shop's recommendations.
So, how does it drive? Well, better than stock, I can easily tell you that. It retains it's character of having to be driven with the accuracy of a sniper's aim. Any sudden twitches and you're finished. The downforce also doesn't seem to be working, as when I take the follow-through of the TGTT, it suddenly lost grip, and I nearly span off. It did a clean lap of 1:07.791.
Ok, RKM settings applied, out for another lap. Still slightly edgy, slightly more recalcitrant on turn-in, can't quite tell the difference between the two. But, most likely due to inconsistent driving, it was a full second quicker with a 1:06.605 lap. It was also just that bit easier to control, I'm using full power more, rather than just feathering the throttle, holding back.
But, despite all these good points, I really am hard pressed to tell the difference. Perhaps it's the racing slicks, perhaps I'm still not good enough for it, but either way, all this tune did was just slightly tame the handling. Tame enough for a very quick lap, but just wild enough for me not to notice much difference.

(Can I just add though, the tune I ran before was given to me by a friend, perhaps maybe that's why I can't find the difference. Maybe it's because I'm just slightly bias. But either way, great tune, guys)
I'm guessing it's overpowered even on racing tyres. I might pull out a tune for the Stealth version instead of relying on the normal car's tune, using the extra downforce and racing rubber. Thanks for the review though!
Your Car: FC3S RX7
If No, Specify Car Details: (Please include as much detail as you can. Tires, power limitations, part preferences, etc.)
Tuning Request: Nothing specific, just tune the suspension, differential and brake balance for the Trial Mountain and Top Gear Test Track
Link To Review: the post before (sorry, don't know how to attach link)
I believe RJ has or is planning to do an FC. 👍
Awesome tunes guys...Have you got one for the GSX/R 4 by any chance...I want to see if there is something that could be squeezed out of it. Sorry if you don't do requests, my bad
We dont have a GSX/R tune but if you follow the guide on the front page, you can request one after a review of one of our current cars. 👍

Do you think that the Mclaren F1 tune would work on my fully tuned one with racing soft tyres?

I have tried another tune but it doesn't seem stable enough and I can't push it hard enough as I always spin out!! :grumpy:

Maybe I am being too optimistic for it not to spin out, afterall it is an F1.

And I will be comparing the two tunes, I am not a very good driver but as it is going to be me driving both tunes I suppose it will be fair enough.. 👍

Do you think that the Mclaren F1 tune would work on my fully tuned one with racing soft tyres?

I have tried another tune but it doesn't seem stable enough and I can't push it hard enough as I always spin out!! :grumpy:

Maybe I am being too optimistic for it not to spin out, afterall it is an F1.

And I will be comparing the two tunes, I am not a very good driver but as it is going to be me driving both tunes I suppose it will be fair enough.. 👍

It'll work but you'll have to lengthen the final gear ratio and take care with the throttle. 👍

The (Red) Emperor IV

Came across this tune of the legendary Evo-series and had to try it out. I always have been a fan of Evo's since the first GT game, so this was a must. The tune appealed to me because the RKM Motorsport tuners don't just max out the cars but keep them "down to earth"-like. Also tried out a lot of RKM's other tunes, but decided to do a review of the Emperor, even though it might not be the most technical review I find it will describe the tune well.

So.. I went on buying the car, fitting it with the whole list of parts and carried out the settings while looking forward to drive this driving machine around some challenging tracks.

I decided not to take a "normal" approach and go racing some poorly matched AI drivers, instead I went for some time trial on the Eiger Norwand Reverse (Short track) and the Nürburgring Nordschleife (changing weather and time).
To be honest I was not sure what to expect from this tune, other than great grip from the 4WD and a quick acceleration from the 361bhp 4 cylinder turbo engine and low weight. Though, I was soon to discover what was lurking underneath.
It is a sunny day at the Eiger Norwand track with the mountains ever rising towards the blue sky and the Emperor is cruising at a steady pace, only to explode into a violent acceleration without any wheel spin. All the way to the end of the tunnel one can feel the acceleration in every gear, it seems to have endless power and you aren't even in top gear. The first two laps are dominated by rater poorly driving due to the cold tires and the fact I have to get used to the car and its setup.

EigerNordwandShortTrack.jpg

The Eiger course is home to some ridiculous tight corners and even the Emperor has some difficulties taking them on with speed, well almost every car has. Though, the Emperor will do these corners surprisingly well but you have to adjust your speed just right, to quick and you'll have to break half way through and to slow the Emperor will make a steep dive almost crashing you into the barrier. Hit the "sweet spot"-speed and you will be smiling all the way through the corner! Be careful though, this can be a dangerous feeling - You will quickly be too confident and then you will get punished by the Emperor, when this is said it is after all forgiving of your mistakes! Keep it real and the Emperor will take you on a blast around the track. In this track its strong points is the turn in at adjusted speed and a massive acceleration out of the corners, this will setback most RWD cars.

The Nürburgring is ever challenging by no denial! If you find this track hard in the dry, then try it an early morning just before daylight comes! Don't flee in terror or get all wobbly behind the wheel, the Emperor will take you safely around the track even at speed! Just treat it right and respect the elements. Once again you can easily grow your safe and steady driving into overconfidence and then you know what happens, you kiss the "Green Hell"! But you really have to screw up because this Emperor is weirdly forgiving, even in the wet. The acceleration is still very good considering the track is like a sea, and wheel spin didn't occur one time when I was driving the Green Hell - I was stunned! It really seems that the 361bhp is a very good match to this car/setup, with a balance of great acceleration while keeping grip at all time.

NrburgringNordschleife.jpg

At this track you really get to feel the precise steering of the Emperor, it literally does everything you tell it - You feel like a driving God, even in the heaviest rain! It feels much more responsive than the standard Evo IV due to a more stiff suspension. I didn't try the Emperor around the Ring in the dry but I'll bet ya it is good, though it lacks top speed the balance, acceleration and cornering skills of this Emperor makes up for it - And what a way to do it.
Over all I'm very impressed by the Emperor and the standard Evo's should bow to it! The RKM did a great job with this fine piece of machinery. When used to the car you can even do rally like cornering on tarmac, doing a controlled skid through a corner makes you go&#8230; can this thing do that?

Last edited:
I really love the setup for the R34 nur.
I just left my gearbox in it because it
works better for me than de gear setup provided
here. But the handeling on it improved alot with this
setup

Since I can't have the FC tuned, can you tune this car?
Your Car: RUF CTR yellowbird
Tuning Request: Simple, to make it handle properly
Link To Review: Mclaren F1 review (can't hyperlink or wtv it's called)

lol sorry about the confusion, i just thought since a FC was going to be tuned anyway, I may as well wait for it to come out
thanks again, and good luck trying to tame it :D

GTP Name: Ogduvezz
PSN Name: ogduvezz
Your Car:Nissan GTR SpecV '09
Tuning Request: Nordschleife runner
Link to Review: R34 black monster

Last edited:

I'm not going to question your request, but I don't think that RKM are very interested in tuning the GT-R R35.
But correct me if I'm wrong.

Do you guys think you'll ever get to the WRX STi wagon (Dealership) car?
seems theres not alot of love for these cars.

That monstrosity is not a wagon! It's a Kia Rio hatchback with AWD and a boxer engine.

No. Your "review" wasn't really a review at all, just you saying CAR IS GOOD KTHXBAI TUNE CAR NAO. It doesn't work that way.

I'm not going to question your request, but I don't think that RKM are very interested in tuning the GT-R R35.
But correct me if I'm wrong.

Not interested in tuning that piece of... at all but that doesn't mean we won't do it as a request. It'll nevereverever get posted though.

I just briefly tried out your updated R34 Black Edition (Bayside Blue in my case, so all comments from now on to be taken with a pinch of salt) ;)

I will admit to laziness in not diging out my old review but if I recall correctly I agreed with the stability part but had my doubts about the supercar slaying (with anything short of an expert behind the wheel). It demanded to be driven like a Skyline and not any old approach to it would do.

The update certainly changed it. The stability is still there - in some ways even more impressive than before - in the sense that there is less understeer, making it easier for a less experienced driver to handle. If you want a decent time it is still essential to brake early, however the car will punish the odd missed braking zone less than previously.

There is still some understeer both at turn in as well as powering out of corners but full throttle application in slow corners now does correct some of it in the sense of getting the tail out ever so slightly - enough for a better line and faster exit.

I only tried it at GVS (with an autobox and DS3) and over two lvl 15 Tuner Challenge races my lap time gradually got down to high 1.58s. This is still not quite as fast as I manage with your NSX but it is a much faster time than I achieved with your previous setting (I think the old time was in the 2.01 region). Some more practice may get me the extra second missing to the NSX, well, at least it is now in the same ballpark.

Excellent high power beginner's car, as of now, I think the supercar slaying potential is certainly there now :)

Here my review of the Nissan EXA - being the instigator for tuning this peculiar (and rare) beast, I guess I owe Rojer that much :D

Being pressed for time, though will mean that the review comes as a collage of the discussion already had with Rojer on the car. :)

It may look odd, it may sound wrong but if you have the spare cash lying around for the upgrades, it is quite good fun - and understated to the level that it could well spring a surprise on unsuspecting folk in one or the other online race. The only slight giveaway is the lowered stance but then again, it will take an anorak to notice this on such obscure machinery.

I tried it on the new Seasonal Challenge on Tsukuba and then on a normal lvl 18 Japanese Challenge race at GVS. The car's default setup power understeer has been largely eliminated - which is certainly a large plus. No idea how Rojer did it but the front grip is now much better. It will still understeer into a corner if you enter too fast but powering out brings much less understeer than previously - to the extent that one can basically apply full throttle soon after the apex.

The rear is also much more mobile now - not twitchy or nervous, just allowing some lift off oversteer. Never scary or or threatening to break free but certainly helpful to modify a line.

Oh, and high speed grip is pretty amazing for a car with no downforce whatsoever - no lifting necessary on the final corner at GVS, which is certainly a place to gain a couple of car lengths on the competition. In spite of not needing to lift, the car still has enough grip to change the line and weave around the cars ahead if needs be.

The car was way too fast for the seasonal challenge, made it to first place on the second lap and then continued taking 2-3 seconds off the competition per sector. The best I managed was a high 1.03 time - I think for the car, the PPs and tyres, and especially my driving the time is certainly respectable. My best at GVS was a low 2.11 lap, with the same comments - I easily won the race there, too (although the NSX Type R was breathing down my neck, so I could not build a massive lead). I think I will be able to improve on both with some more practice.

I had another go at GVS subsequently and then did some time at Suzuka. With GVS, just like last time, I could easily win, with the same comments applicable as previously. I managed to squeeze an extra second out of the car this time around, so now I am in the low 2.10.xxxs - certainly not something the Skylines and NSXs seem to be prepared for

As for Suzuka, many of the problems the car exhibited previously are now gone. Understeer through the Gyaku and Dunlop curves is better controlled, and as long as you are done with your braking before turning in for the Degner and Hairpin curves, the car works beautifully. I am certain one can win here but on my first and only attempt (with your tune, that is, I tried it before) I did not quite get there. On the last lap I missed the braking point for Degner and managed to fly off all the way to the end of the gravel trap. Winning Suzuka with the car (and my skills) is certainly a challenge - the fact that a lowly FWD 1.6 litre coupe from the early 90s is up to the task, pretty amazing :bowdown:

cool story bro. didnt ask for an opinion about its looks, just about a tune for it.

Yep, a response like that is a great way to influence someone to spend hours of their time setting up a car for you. A better way would be to read the first post of the thread and see what a tuning garage asks for in order to request a tune.

Back