RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

Ok then, the tracks will be Suzuka and SSR5. How about we make things fair by do the race two times, swapping cars after each race so we get a different perspective of how each car drives compared to one other.

Doing 4 runs in total sounds like a good idea. If we'll do it tomorrow then I'm free from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm, 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm. (GMT + 08:00). Same for Thursday, but on Sunday I'm completely free. That's my usual summer schedule, we're now in the Holy Week, so my free time may change.

And to you RJ and Roj, watch this thread, we will settle this once and for all. (maybe)

Ok then, we'll settle it tomorrow, at 11:00am to give the both of us some time to get up and just practice on the 2 tracks a bit.

Ok then, we'll settle it tomorrow, at 11:00am to give the both of us some time to get up and just practice on the 2 tracks a bit.

Okay. One more thing, can you send the FR to me instead? I don't have time to fire up the PS3 now... :nervous:

so this is my first review for the ek civic type r
my first impression was omfg this is quick.
the cars has some under steer but compared to other ff cars this has little
and it punches way above its league. i didn't think it could beat a m5 and db9 round the the ring but by lengthening the gears it still manged to leave them behind and my civic is now running at 400bhp by upgrading the turbo and it still handles perfect it can easily cater for more bhp
good points
a tiny amount of under steer
punches way above its league
f:censored: quick
there are no bad points

2 more thing left to consider, how many laps (I'm guessing 2) and the slight difference in how the cars drive online.

2 more thing left to consider, how many laps (I'm guessing 2) and the slight difference in how the cars drive online.

3-5 laps would be agreeable to me. 2 seems to be a bit too short. But maybe 2 laps would be enough for a long track like Suzuka.

As for the differences, I think they don't matter. We're here to let those 2 cars clash anyway.

Ok, I'll be saving the replay as well, but how about you do a sort of race report thing for one of the races and I'll try my best to write a proper description for the other so they can have a better idea of what happened.

Ok, I'll be saving the replay as well, but how about you do a sort of race report thing for one of the races and I'll try my best to write a proper description for the other so they can have a better idea of what happened.

Sounds good.

hey Roj, I know I'm being a pain requesting so many things in one day and reviewing just 1 car, but could you use ImprezaAddict's M3 csl as another benchmark for the 330i? I hope neither of you two mind, but I just want to be sure of the 330's abilities.

Damn, was it that easy to guess? Yes it is the Challenger GTS, and the review will come either later today (well in 2 hours time) or tomorrow.
Yep. :P I think the Challenger will decimate the AMG but still looking forward to the shootout. :D
And to you RJ and Roj, watch this thread, we will settle this once and for all. (maybe)
We always watch this thread. :rolleyes::P Looking forward to seeing these results, best of luck to you both! :D
so this is my first review for the ek civic type r
my first impression was omfg this is quick.
the cars has some under steer but compared to other ff cars this has little
and it punches way above its league. i didn't think it could beat a m5 and db9 round the the ring but by lengthening the gears it still manged to leave them behind and my civic is now running at 400bhp by upgrading the turbo and it still handles perfect it can easily cater for more bhp
good points
a tiny amount of under steer
punches way above its league
f:censored: quick
there are no bad points
Glad you liked the car. Unfortunately I cant accept a request from it. I'm a one-man show until RJ's side gets sorted out so I need to be quite strict with what reviews qualify for requests and what ones dont. Sorry. :guilty:
Also remind me to save the replays, maybe they also need a better picture of how we've done it.
Pictures are good. Video is better. :P
GTP Name: ImprezaAddict
Your Car: BMW M3 CSL
Sending Your Own Car? No (Delete the one which does not apply to you.)
If No, Specify Car Details: Racing Softs, absolutely no power/weight/tuning limits. Maxed out. Wing is perfectly fine too.
Tuning Request: Accelerate harder, go faster, corner better than it already does.
Link To Review: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5207017#post5207017
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5060415#post5060415
Aye captain! One badass CSL it is. :sly:
hey Roj, I know I'm being a pain requesting so many things in one day and reviewing just 1 car, but could you use ImprezaAddict's M3 csl as another benchmark for the 330i? I hope neither of you two mind, but I just want to be sure of the 330's abilities.
The CSL before or after tuning? If it's after, the 330i has no hope. :lol: The CSL is up there with the NSX and RX-7.
Finally back home. Will be doing the five reviews I have planned 'shortly'.
Looking forward to it. 👍
Got a tune for a nissan gtr super gt car? Im struggling to get a good balance with this car, i use all 3 racing compounds and power is currently at 510bhp
We dont have a tune for the GT-R SuperGT, but just so you're not left emptyhanded, try this thread and scroll down to the SuperGT section. There's a number of GT-R SuperGT tunes by other garages posted there. :)

RKM Motorsport’s Alpine A310

AlpineA310.jpg

AlpineA310_Big.jpg

Images by kingmoshoeshoe2

Based on: Alpine A310 1600 VE '73
Obtained: Used Car Dealership

Drivetrain: RR
Horsepower: 244 BHP (@ 21.3 miles)
Torque:---- 26 kgfm
Weight:---- 900 kg
PP:-------- 451

PARTS
Tuning Shop

Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Improvement
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Ballast

Amount:-- 73
Position: -50

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Max Speed, then each individual ratio.)
1st:-- 3.055
2nd:-- 2.157
3rd:-- 1.649
4th:-- 1.349
5th:-- 1.140
6th:-- 0.995
Final: 3.320
Max Speed: 170 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 0/10
Accel:-- 0/10
Braking: 0/5

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 5.5/15.0
Extension:-- 6/9
Compression: 4/8
Anti-Roll:-- 6/4
Camber:----- 2.0/2.0
Toe:-------- 0.00/0.00

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/4

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
This Alpine A310 was done on request for kingmoshoeshoe2. As with all RR cars with handling problems, this tune focuses on making the car more controllable at speed, so if you want a record breaker, this isn’t for you. The rear spoiler was omitted on request so a heavy use of ballast was needed to keep the tail from overtaking the nose. In short, this is more of a novelty tune for fans of the car, rather than something you should be taking for serious racing.

I've been a big Mitsubishi fan for a good while now, and I'm pretty keen on all of the ones in this game. So it would only seem right that I would try out your three Mitsu tunes, right? Plus I'm starting my tuning garage on Wednesday (I've decided now :)) So, that's what I'm going to do, on Tokyo R246. And so, I give you...

The 3vo Shootout

All cars in this review were tested with 1 TCS, SRF On, Active Steering Off, ASM On and ABS to 1.

To kick off this celebration of the best 4WD car known to man, I'm starting off with the first of the tunes, the last of the Evo's :( and the most powerful of the cars tested. It is...

The "Tuner Correction" Evo X

So then, this car supposedly started off in the hands of another previous tuner - Mazdaman. RKM however received a version and changed its settings in an attempt to make it better. The result is...very good.

Acceleration on both tyre types was simply blitzkrieg. It gets some remarkable speeds down the home straight and also can get through some sharp turns very well. However, I noticed it suffers from some kind of clear understeer. You notice it even on the Racing Softs, even when you're going through corners much faster on them. My best laptimes were 1:49.6 on Sports Softs and 1:44.4 on Racing Softs.

However, the best part of this car is it is a true tuning car. It has everything the average tuning car has - masses of power, great acceleration and occasionally a slight tendency to understeer. :lol: I don't care if it isn't the best thing in the world to drive, it is almost an advertisement for tuning cars. Kind of like a Maserati - the build quality isn't great, but you don't care since it's so special. As a result of this kind of status, I give it an 8/10.

And now it's time for two cars with the same name but one letter. These two are both underpowered compared to the mighty Evo X, but even so, these two still make great tunes. Up next...

The Emperor IV

This car, after driving the Evo X, certainly doesn't feel as fast as it probably would be - it certainly is fast, but I didn't feel it as much after driving the Evo X. However, this isn't a problem.

Easily the best quality of this car is it's handling. It, very much like Juliet, handles very well, although it is occasionally twitchy at times - I think I've seen other people say it was a difficult drive, but I have aids on with this thing, so whatever. But either way, this car feels almost like Juliet - but this seems to be able to take corners even faster than her. Which is pretty impressive considering its higher weight. My best laptime around Tokyo was a 1:57:1.

The Emperor IV is, in my opinion, a very good handling car that goes through corners very quickly, and feels decently fast. As a result of this, I give it a well deserved 9/10.

And so, the last car has a hard act to follow, but I was sure it could follow it with aplomb. So, it's time to bring on the final act to the stage...

The Emperor IX.

The Emperor IX feels a lot faster than the Emperor IV, and on first thought you would think that would make it a better car straight away. Heck, this thing felt even on par with the Evo X - even though it's nearly 5 seconds off the Evo X's time. The time I got with it was a 1:54.2.

However, the handling simply isn't as refined as it is with the Emperor IV. It certainly isn't terrible, but you get a bit more unfortunate understeer as a result. This doesn't compromise it too much, but it brings the Emperor IV back into the game in a royal (no pun intended) style.

So, which emperor is more worthy? The IV is an moderately easier car to drive, but the IX is faster...which one is it gonna be? It is really almost too close to call...

...but at the end of the day, for me, it's the IV that gets it for me. Just. At the end of the day, while the IX is definitely the faster car, cornering tends to decide a good fair share of races, and I've already said the IV takes that title by a decent way. All credit to the IX and it's sheer speed, but I just think the IV is a better car to drive for me. And I believe the IX deserves an 8.99, simply because the margin between it and the IV is so slim that it deserves the rating.

And that concludes my review of the 3 great Evo's that you two have provided me.

...or it would have been, except I have something else to review.

Back when the Review for Premium competition was still on, I decided to do a review of the wonderful Juliet. And of course, as the rules say here, 1 review = 1 request. The request I chose has since been completed, but I can't tell you anything about since it hasn't been released publically yet, and won't be until Roj's basket of infinite requests runs out (gotta give credit to you for all the great tunes you've done during this time. You deserve some wages :D). So, therefore I present you...

A Mystery!

The horror... :)

I originally did a test with this car on Nurburgring GP/F and I also did one on Chamonix since it is also very dirt compatible. The settings on the TCS was 5 at the Ring and OFF at Chamonix, so this review is largely a new opinion to the one I gave to Roj before.

Firstly, I will tell you, this car isn't actually that fast. It's more of a relaxation than a speedster, which is really what I needed after these Evo tests. However, the acceleration does seem to feel more rapid with TCS at 1 rather than 5, which is a good thing.

The handling is also improved without so much traction control too. Before with TCS 5 it suffered slightly from understeer not to dissimilar to that seen on the Evo X tune - just slightly heavier. However, with TCS 1, the cars previous understeer gets mostly annulled. I like this, as it makes the car much faster than it was before. It becomes a very simple car to drive, and I think it will be popular when it does get released with the reviewers...that is, when it gets released. My best laptime around Tokyo was a 2:04.7, which does rather prove the slower but steadier pace of the car.

As a result, I give this Mystery Car a 8.75/10. But it will, for now remain a Mystery...

And now I can conclude this, and I have to say it was very interesting to compare these tunes. The pure tuning car that is the Evo X, the great handling Emperor IV, the speed machine Emperor IX, and the Mystery...classic tunes, all awesome. Sometimes, you guys make me proud to be a player of GT5. This is one of those times. Thanks, guys.

And there's another review coming tomorrow. ;)

Click on the images then on the image on the link to see full size photos. ;)

Last edited:
Hey you may have been asked this before, but have you considered putting up a time for each tune on trial mountain? (assuming you test on that track.) It might be useful for someone to gauge the competitiveness of each tune. If it's a lot of extra work obviously don't bother, but just a suggestion.

and also I would love to try out one of the emperors but I can't help thinking I would feel like one of Kyoichi's gang of douchebags whilst driving it ;)

I've been a big Mitsubishi fan for a good while now, and I'm pretty keen on all of the ones in this game. So it would only seem right that I would try out your three Mitsu tunes, right? Plus I'm starting my tuning garage on Wednesday (I've decided now :)) So, that's what I'm going to do, on Tokyo R246. And so, I give you...

The 3vo Shootout
Thanks for the Evo shootout and the mystery car at the end! I know what is is. :sly: I think I've mentioned this before, but some of the understeer you're getting is from the driving aids you use. You should really try and run with as little aid as possible, you'll go much faster. :D Anyway the results, although expected, are interesting to read in a shootout situation, so thanks for that!

Edit: And regarding wages, you're welcome to slip us a fiver if you want. :P
Your ultimate rival is ultimately yourself, so he's not wrong. :P
Hey you may have been asked this before, but have you considered putting up a time for each tune on trial mountain? (assuming you test on that track.) It might be useful for someone to gauge the competitiveness of each tune. If it's a lot of extra work obviously don't bother, but just a suggestion.
We have 70+ tunes, nearing 80 actually. To start adding laptimes to each one is a lot of extra work. However even from the start I was against the idea because not every car is going to do their best at Trial.
and also I would love to try out one of the emperors but I can't help thinking I would feel like one of Kyoichi's gang of douchebags whilst driving it ;)
Pah. Emperor was my favourite Initial D team! :P In Initial D Extreme Stage, I put Emperor stickers on my EK9. :lol: Also, can you cut down on the triple posting? I dont want to see you get a warning for it or anything. 👍

Also, can you cut down on the triple posting? I dont want to see you get a warning for it or anything. 👍

:nervous: sorry I've never really used a forum before.. learning all the time :) About the lap time thing, I understand, was just a suggestion. And red suns ftw

:nervous: sorry I've never really used a forum before.. learning all the time :) About the lap time thing, I understand, was just a suggestion. And red suns ftw

It's okay. :) If you wish to add more to your post, just use the edit button instead of making double/triple/etc posts. 👍 Only reason why me and RJ get away with it is because we're posting tunes up that need their own post.

Pfft, Red Suns. Rich gits. :P

Hi:) Ive been starting to use your guys tunes lately and really love them. Especially like the exhaust note on the nsx:sly: It's likely just my inexperience with a wheel but I'd like to know how to brake into a corner like mulsanne with a mr like roj's nsx. Whenever i do i end up just spinning out:ouch: I dont usually have this problem with a ds3. Just looking for some tips on that.:)

Hi:) Ive been starting to use your guys tunes lately and really love them. Especially like the exhaust note on the nsx:sly: It's likely just my inexperience with a wheel but I'd like to know how to brake into a corner like mulsanne with a mr like roj's nsx. Whenever i do i end up just spinning out:ouch: I dont usually have this problem with a ds3. Just looking for some tips on that.:)

I'm not sure about using a wheel either since I drive with a DS3. :dunce: I'd guess you need to keep the weight at the rear so it doesn't lose traction. Perhaps brake earlier and try to keep some power on through the corner, then brake again for the sharp right once you're straight?

K thanks for the tip. I'll try that:) It's not the tune i have a problem with. Just mr braking like that in general:dunce: Just thought you awesome tuners might be able to give me some tips :sly:

I didn't even try the Alpine tune, but I'm gonna go ahead and thank you in advance for doing it; just looking at the post put a big smile on my face.

Even the you say 330i has no hope of keeping up, can you try to see how big the margin between the two cars are?

Back