RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

lol half right. It is a Jag, but not a S-type. If it was a S-type, the TVR would just walk pass it and be waiting at the finish line for 2 years before the S-type finished. Ok, one more chance, if you get it wrong, you owe me a free tune up :D and then I'll tell you.

XJ220! :P I was thinking it was a V12 then I realised oh, it's a V6 isn't it?

Damn, you got it, and here I was thinking you would never get it right and that I really would get a free tune. So, you reckon the TVR can beat it?

The car released today is a blue car……that's really helpful Roj, thanks for that hint -.- I'm gonna guess it's a Mine's GTR since the one's I see online are always blue.

Edit: Either that or a Wedsport IS350, even if it's sort of yellow in some places.

The car released today is a blue car……that's really helpful Roj, thanks for that hint -.- I'm gonna guess it's a Mine's GTR since the one's I see online are always blue.

Edit: Either that or a Wedsport IS350, even if it's sort of yellow in some places.

50414_115065605181171_7073_n.jpg

Seriously, what the hell? :lol:

If is the Mine's BNR34, awesome.
What's the deal with you always picking out fun cars to tune. I own like 5 of the Mine's, one in each colour. ;)

lol yes I am, nah, I just checked your activity log on GT5 :D
No, that doesn't mean I'm stalking you...
I'm slightly uncomfortable now. :scared:
If is the Mine's BNR34, awesome.
What's the deal with you always picking out fun cars to tune. I own like 5 of the Mine's, one in each colour. ;)

Because I'd rather tune fun to drive cars and annoy the people who want the mainstream cars. :P

NSX LM Road Car... tune... I had completely missed it... :grumpy:

I first drove this car yesterday after being a garage queen and I was just like... yeah... Amazing car stock. Must drive. :scared: :dopey:

RKM Motorsport’s Mine’s Terminator R

MinesTerminatorR.jpg

MinesTerminatorR_Big.jpg

Based on: Mine’s BNR34 Skyline GT-R N1 Base ‘06
Obtained: Brand new model at Mine’s

Drivetrain: 4WD
Horsepower: 621 BHP (@ 61.4 miles)
Torque:---- 61 kgfm
Weight:---- 1340 kg
PP:-------- 592

PARTS
GT Auto

Rays Volk Racing RE30 Wheels

Tuning Shop
Rigidity Improvement
Titanium Racing Exhaust
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customisable Transmission
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 20/20

Ballast
Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Max Speed, then each individual ratio.)
1st:-- 2.715
2nd:-- 1.818
3rd:-- 1.343
4th:-- 1.050
5th:-- 0.857
6th:-- 0.717
Final: 3.670
Max Speed: 230 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 3/5
Accel:-- 18/40
Braking: 8/8

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -30/-30
Spring Rate: 13.5/10.0
Extension:-- 9/8
Compression: 7/7
Anti-Roll:-- 3/5
Camber:----- 2.4/2.3
Toe:-------- –0.20/0.00

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/7

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
The Mine’s Terminator R is like the Mine’s R34 Skyline, but with an RKM twist. After realising the potential the Mine’s R34 held, we got to work, boosting the power and fine tuning the suspension, to create one of our fastest sports tyre road cars yet. Terminator by name, Terminator by nature. You will not survive.

Last edited:
Could the Tuners of this fine Garage take a moment to check into the "Project Blackbird" thread to give any advice/suggestions to help the project Achieve a successful goal.

Much Thanks

Wow. I am definitely going to try out the mine's skyline tune. One of my favourite cars. however, when I try to paint it, it tells me I can't. But the one in your photo looks very blue. Am I missing something????

I forgot you do tune's if people review your cars so hopefully this review will qualify me for a tune :)

GTP Name: priesty_lfc
PSN Name: priesty_lfc
Your Car: BMW 135i
Sending Your Own Car? Yes
Tuning Request: Touring Car Wannabe, 350bhp 500pp Hard/Med tires only (all parts are already fitted)
Link To Review: www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=136731&page=78 (post 1556)
It qualifies. ;) Send it over. 👍
Could the Tuners of this fine Garage take a moment to check into the "Project Blackbird" thread to give any advice/suggestions to help the project Achieve a successful goal.

Much Thanks
I'll take a look.
Wow. I am definitely going to try out the mine's skyline tune. One of my favourite cars. however, when I try to paint it, it tells me I can't. But the one in your photo looks very blue. Am I missing something????

It's Bay Side Blue, as it comes from the dealer. It just looks different on the banner because of my mad photoshop skillz y0. :sly:

RKM Motorsport’s GT-R Spec V

GT-RSpecV.jpg

GT-RSpecV_Big.jpg

Based on: Toyota Prius G ‘09
Obtained: Brand new model at Toyota or win the B-Spec Vitz Race

Drivetrain: FF
Horsepower: 153 BHP (@ 46.1 miles)
Torque:---- 19 kgfm
Weight:---- 1124 kg
PP:-------- 357

PARTS
GT Auto

BLiTZ BRW Profile 08 Wheels

Tuning Shop
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Improvement
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Ballast

Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 10/0
Accel:-- 20/0
Braking: 5/0

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 6.5/3.0
Extension:-- 4/4
Compression: 3/3
Anti-Roll:-- 1/2
Camber:----- 3.0/2.7
Toe:-------- –0.10/-0.05

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/6

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
This is the Toyota Prius GT-R Spec V. What? Was you expecting something else?

It’s no secret that the Prius isn’t a sports car. Infact it’s quite the opposite. So in an attempt to make the Prius sporty, we slapped some badges on it that originally came from a Nissan of some sort. I think it was a Micra. The Prius was then given the usual RKM treatment, using the Insightful Honda as a sparring partner.

However, we were ultimately foiled by the Prius’ transmission, which has a mind of it’s own, allowing the Insightful Honda to ditch the Prius and disappear into the distance. Whilst we may have failed at making the Prius fast, at least it’s sporty.

Last edited:
Ah yes! I have a love/hate relationship with the Prius. I just bought the car for well photo usage, and wanted to drive it, but it had to be quick enough in some way. Awesome tune though, a bit slow but hey it's a Prius, not asking for a turbo charged V-8 Prius bwahaha!

I knew you weren't gonna really tune a R35, cuz you two hate that car (and rightly so).
Still, I am soo reviewing that today, maybe paint it in a very vibrant pink of sorts, or in Sassy Grass Green to match the car's environmental intentions. For some reason, I just keep laughing when I look at that car, this is Greenpeace's Golf GTI. Flood of rage? possibly, but it's a flood of laughter and disbelief coming from me cuz I woke up expecting to see a Mine's GTR.

I looked in Adrenaline's thread and found no one had tuned the Prius yet. "Aha!" I thought, "I'll further boost our roster's appeal by tuning another oddball!" So I tuned a Prius I had laying around from a seasonal event a while back. Whilst tuning, I realised that the Prius isn't that bad at all. It's a nippy little car that's just held back by it's troublesome transmission.

Thing is though, no one wants a tuned Prius and aside from our regular reviewers, it probably wont be driven, but we're always getting asked about R35's even though we're always saying that we despise the things. So after talking to RJ and Charlie Sheen, we decided to Prius Roll everyone with this tune, which seems to be doing okay. :P

Well, if you're gonna tune random car's just to get some attention, how about I send you a Vectra next time or a Honda City Turbo? And can't you buy a FC Transmission for the Prius?

Well, if you're gonna tune random car's just to get some attention, how about I send you a Vectra next time or a Honda City Turbo? And can't you buy a FC Transmission for the Prius?

The Prius has one of those funky 1-speed transmissions, so you can't replace it with an FC, kinda like the Insight.

Mine’s GTR review:
(Tested on TGTT)
Before:
Like a normal GTR, but more of it. It has the same handling, the same feel of the R34. But because of the new turbo and the Mine’s setup, it’s faster than your R34. With a lap of 1:11.703, it’s faster than the R34 by 2 full seconds. So, quite a starting point then. Power, grip and did I mention fun? It’s so agile for its size, like a very big Lotus Elise. There really isn’t much to improve on though, aside from a little hint of understeer, but that’s it.

After:
It’s actually more unpredictable, and slower as a result at the start. The reduced rear downforce may help the back end come around, but it also makes it hard to steer if you, say, ran over a blade of grass. To drive it fast, your cornering needs to be perfect. The entry must be done quickly and sensibly or else this car will punish you. The moment you apply the power to accelerate out has to be done well too, too early, it’ll either under or oversteer, to late and you lose time. In fact, trivial things like driving over bumps will unsettle this thing’s back end whereas the stock one would sail through. High speed braking is an issue as well, brake too hard for too long and the back will let go. I’ve had this experience with my CT230R, with my (Crap) setup for this car and full downforce, it could easily brake from 150+mph down to 90mph while steering into the second to last corner of the TGTT without sliding. But when RJ gave it a proper setup and turned the rear downforce to its lowest setting, it wouldn’t grip as much entering the same corner at the same speed and at the same point and I normally ended up with 1 wheel on the grass. The difference between the Mine’s and the CT230R though, is that the Mine’s can’t grip as hard as the CT230R can. So if the rear wheel of the Mine’s drops into the grass after the second to last corner, chances are you’ll be entering the last corner in a cloud of smoke. But, like the CT230R, if you can control this slight wildness to the car’s characteristic, it can pull some rather impressive times off. It lapped the track in 1:10.947, nearly a second better.

So, the Mine’s GTR is a faster car when you get it right, whereas the stock one is more consistent.

Laptime:
1:11.703(before)
1:10.947(after)

CVT FTL... http://www.howstuffworks.com/cvt.htm

Or as I like to call them, Satan's Transmission!

You know, if CVTs could adequately handle power they could become the ultimate performance transmission with the right programming to control it.

A "race" mode that would constantly hold the car at peak power regardless of throttle input would result in a car that is absolutely awesome to drive; not as much driver involvement, but it would be flawless in terms of outright performance.

Back